Homebrew Discussion Confirmation on how I was banned!

Canna

Bad Ass Poisonous Mushroom
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
>something something there's a thread for this

This isn't the first time Nintendo was upfront about why they banned someone. Another user called Nintendo and was told they were banned for going from having error logs to having completely clean error logs. Also, if this is really referring to DevMenu, its not surprising in the slightest but I suppose I could this bit of detail for anyone who remotely thinks they won't be banned for using it.

but doesn't a factory reset clear logs ? via the own systems built in recovery or reset ?

Reactions: Mat37

Duhasst0

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Honestly, why wouldn't be hard for Nintendo to scan any and all data in any container, that exsists on the console. Microsoft used to unless it showed as corrupt data on the 360. Also, seems like there is reporting somewhere that devmenu does that writes the actual titleid of devmenu and not the donor.

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
but doesn't a factory reset clear logs ? via the own systems built in recovery or reset ?
The user in question already tried using that as his excuse but to no avail as you can see below.
I tried but the report that was sent prior still had a bunch of system module errors that only get called from trying to redirect game carts they are getting good at catching stuff . But the logs mismatched is something they are looking for so I'd just keep the dirty logs itll take them longer to ban you .
He had already submitted error logs that were not possible without a hacked console. Maybe the fact that he cleared them so fast gave away what he's doing. At any rate, it doesn't seem performing a factory reset will be doing hackers any favors otherwise Nintendo wouldn't have made it a feature.

Last edited by Draxzelex,
Reactions: Dr.doom

Canna

Bad Ass Poisonous Mushroom
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The user in question already tried using that as his excuse but to no avail as you can see below.
He had already submitted error logs that were not possible without a hacked console. Maybe the fact that he cleared them so fast gave away what he's doing. At any rate, either way it doesn't seem performing a factory reset will be doing hackers any favors otherwise Nintendo wouldn't have made it a feature.
Logs are stored in nand right ?
then make sure you have a clean backup before any modding or system alterations and restore Back to that, but hey he must of went online with mod system so his own fault really..

But thank you drax for the information as always chap

Last edited by Canna,

Dr.doom

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
He had already submitted error logs that were not possible without a hacked console. Maybe the fact that he cleared them so fast gave away what he's doing. At any rate, either way it doesn't seem performing a factory reset will be doing hackers any favors otherwise Nintendo wouldn't have made it a feature.
I agree dont clear your logs you wanna get around longer restore your nand and create a new account but it seems like its all inevitable they're actively looking which really sucks .

Reactions: Draxzelex

Dr.doom

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think its a person to person difference as it was my second call in to them first call went really bad .

weatMod

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Alright.

Thanks for the PSA.

For everyone here asking how to not get banned. It's very simple.

DON'T MODIFY YOUR CONSOLE IN ANY WAY. DON'T USE CFW.

It's that simple, everyone.
or just stick to .XCI's for now and wait for a NSP to XCI converter to appear
i mean if you actually plan on paying for N online service
it would really take a lot to get me onboard ,they would need to come up with something really worth while
but i am not totally discounting it yet so XCI only for now for me
but i would really like dem eshop games , sure how NSP to XCI is possible soon

Olmectron

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
or just stick to .XCI's for now and wait for a NSP to XCI converter to appear
i mean if you actually plan on paying for N online service
it would really take a lot to get me onboard ,they would need to come up with something really worth while
but i am not totally discounting it yet so XCI only for now for me
but i would really like dem eshop games , sure how NSP to XCI is possible soon
I don't care about being banned. I'm already banned.

I mean what I said for people asking how to be protected against bans.

And. Is it 100% safe to play XCI games and go online then? Didn't know that.

weatMod

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't care about being banned. I'm already banned.

I mean what I said for people asking how to be protected against bans.

And. Is it 100% safe to play XCI games and go online then? Didn't know that.
not 100%
but if you only play XCI on SX OS and then reboot to normal FW and use only legit games online then i see it being a safe as you are going to get

Olmectron

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
not 100%
but if you only play XCI on SX OS and then reboot to normal FW and use only legit games online then i see it being a safe as you are going to get
That's not different from installing NSP games offline and not going online on CFW. Play logs stay.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BETA215 @ BETA215: Fighting downhill is proper of traitors, sometimes you do what you have to do...