confirm successful recovery after a semi-brick?

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by ceana, Aug 8, 2009.

Aug 8, 2009
  1. ceana
    OP

Newcomer ceana Member

Switzerland
    Hello

I managed to semi-brick my Wii earlier. Luckily enough I had BootMii installed as boot2 and a somewhat recent NAND backup.
    I ran the recovery and everything seems fine now. But I'd like to know *for sure* that everything is ok again before I do other crap with my Wii [​IMG] . Is there any way to do this?

2. mousex

Member mousex GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    If Bootmi restored the NAND and the wii is working again eveyrthing is fine.

3. ceana
    OP

Newcomer ceana Member

Switzerland
    Alright, thanks.

I have an unrelated question (I'll ask here instead of making a new thread I guess). I'm currently running 4.0E and I'd like to get to 4.0J in order to play MH3 online.
    Is it possible to go 4.0E > 3.2E > 3.2J using Any Region Changer and then using waninoko's stuff to get to 4.0J?

4. mousex

Member mousex GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    I don't know much about region chaning but I don't think you'll have to downgrade first. You can download the 4.0J/4.1J SM through NUS Downloader.

5. ceana
    OP

Newcomer ceana Member

Switzerland
    I'll look into that and google some more. Will make another thread if any doubts remain, I guess^^

6. 9th_Sage

Member 9th_Sage GBAtemp Maniac

United States
    You can get 4.1 J from NUS downloader. Install that with Wad Manager, then MAKE SURE you change your region with AnyRegionChanger. IIRC the only one you absolutely have to change is the AREA setting, assuming that you have a way of loading out of region disks (if you keep the GAME setting at whatever you're at now, channels should load with no additional hacks as well). If you have to change that setting, just use something like StartPatch.

7. ceana
    OP

Newcomer ceana Member

Switzerland