Hacking confirm successful recovery after a semi-brick?

ceana

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Swaziland
Hello

I managed to semi-brick my Wii earlier. Luckily enough I had BootMii installed as boot2 and a somewhat recent NAND backup.
I ran the recovery and everything seems fine now. But I'd like to know *for sure* that everything is ok again before I do other crap with my Wii
rolleyes.gif
. Is there any way to do this?

ceana

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Swaziland
Alright, thanks.

I have an unrelated question (I'll ask here instead of making a new thread I guess). I'm currently running 4.0E and I'd like to get to 4.0J in order to play MH3 online.
Is it possible to go 4.0E > 3.2E > 3.2J using Any Region Changer and then using waninoko's stuff to get to 4.0J?

mousex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't know much about region chaning but I don't think you'll have to downgrade first. You can download the 4.0J/4.1J SM through NUS Downloader.

ceana

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Swaziland
I'll look into that and google some more. Will make another thread if any doubts remain, I guess^^

9th_Sage

Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
You can get 4.1 J from NUS downloader. Install that with Wad Manager, then MAKE SURE you change your region with AnyRegionChanger. IIRC the only one you absolutely have to change is the AREA setting, assuming that you have a way of loading out of region disks (if you keep the GAME setting at whatever you're at now, channels should load with no additional hacks as well). If you have to change that setting, just use something like StartPatch.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W6ckbBpSKhw