Hacking Confirm if your retail dump and .sav worked

smoke14me61

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Dumped my retail cart of Mario Golf World Tour. Works fine. Now can some on tell me if I will be able to get the DLC that I purchased on my non gateway system on my gateway system or will I not be able to because i'm at 4.4? In other words will I be able to redownload my purchase using my retail dump on my gateway console? Oh yes I did rename the dump to .3DZ

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
you would need to do a system transfer, seeing as system settings doesnt work on emunand 7.2 and you need to be on the latest firmware to do a system transfer i don't think you will be able to for the time being

smoke14me61

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
you would need to do a system transfer, seeing as system settings doesnt work on emunand 7.2 and you need to be on the latest firmware to do a system transfer i don't think you will be able to for the time being

I'm not wanting to transfer anything. Just want to keep my up to date console up to date and my gateway console able to use my gateway card. I wasn't sure if since I have my retail dump on my gateway console able to go online and play if I would be able to get the DLC using my gateway console. Just redownloading what I have already purchased, that way I would have the DLC on both consoles.

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
I'm not wanting to transfer anything. Just want to keep my up to date console up to date and my gateway console able to use my gateway card. I wasn't sure if since I have my retail dump on my gateway console able to go online and play if I would be able to get the DLC using my gateway console. Just redownloading what I have already purchased, that way I would have the DLC on both consoles.
when you buy dlc its tied to the console it was purchased on, afaik the only way to download it on another console is to transfer the license from one console to another via system transfer

smoke14me61

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
when you buy dlc its tied to the console it was purchased on, afaik the only way to download it on another console is to transfer the license from one console to another via system transfer
OK. Thats what I was afraid of. I just wanted to make sure I didnt screw my gateway console just jumping in blind. Thanks for the reply.

arange

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
has anyone tried putting their save back onto the retail cart? (eg. dump and use their retail save on gateway-> make game progress -> write save to retail cart)

edit: Just tested it out with Mario Kart and it works!
I backed up the save and dumped the game
renamed the save to use it
Played it on the 3DZ version and loaded up my street pass/changed my profile message
renamed the save back to the AMKJ name
Went back into gateway and did a restore (it erases the save then writes)
checked the game just now and my street pass is cleared and my profile message matches the changed one!

This is great because now I can dump all my streetpass games and put them into gateway, I wont have to switch carts to clear my streetpasses (and if Nintendo breaks online play, I can just dump the save back onto the retail cart and play on my non gateway 3ds)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @K3Nv2, I think i'm one too