Hacking Configurable USB Loader

DonnyKD

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have weird problem on one of Wii and CFG Loader. Loader can't read a original game disc, it says "Not a Wii game disc" while it is. Game works from disc directly, also GX loader can rip it. So it's specifically CFG loader issue.. What could I do? :/
This is from my post a couple pages back:
Hello guys,

There is some weird issue with CFG 70 r22 (the modded one). When I try to dump my copy of Mario Party 9 in the HD it doesn't work... it says the DISC is not a WII DISC.

So for the heck of it I downgraded CFG to the CFG 70 original release (non-modded) and it WORKED!

I don't know where to report this bug so I will report it here. It seems that CFG 70 r22 doesn't like the Mario Party 9 disc but that the original v70 likes it.

Hope this will help anybody else having issues.
So I would guess you are running CFG v70 r22 (might be another rXX of the modded CFG). What I would suggest you to do is downgrade to the original non-modded release of CFG v70 and try running it on CFG again. I am pretty sure this will fix your issue. If it does then there is certainly an issue with the modded version of CFG. You can downgrade from the modded version to the non-modded version directly through the online updates (it is the first item in the update options at the bottom).

It still didn't work, darn it.
Did you restart your WII after downgrading?

Yup. It didn't work. The game just hates me. I found out that putting the game on IOS222 m-load makes it go slightly further, but it still comes up with nothing.

ErmanSayn

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Hey guys, I have a problem in Kirby's Return to the Dreamland...
I'm running this game with a SD Card.
Then I Press 2 (Not like others, The game does not freezes then I press 2), select my save slot and play, it shows Kirby throws the latest part of ship, then (s)he throws it, the screen freezes with a blank screen.
It was working properly then I put a SC Card Adapter, but now its damaged, so it don't work. :cry:

I've almost tried everything(update cIOS, change settings, try different cIOS, etc..), but NOTHING changed!
Can SOMEONE help me? :unsure:

Using cIOS 250 for game

Sorry for my poor english, I'm turkish.

CFG USB Loader v70, IOS 249

DonnyKD

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey guys, I have a problem in Kirby's Return to the Dreamland...
I'm running this game with a SD Card.
Then I Press 2 (Not like others, The game does not freezes then I press 2), select my save slot and play, it shows Kirby throws the latest part of ship, then (s)he throws it, the screen freezes with a blank screen.
It was working properly then I put a SC Card Adapter, but now its damaged, so it don't work. :cry:

I've almost tried everything(update cIOS, change settings, try different cIOS, etc..), but NOTHING changed!
Can SOMEONE help me? :unsure:

Using cIOS 250 for game

Sorry for my poor english, I'm turkish.

CFG USB Loader v70, IOS 249

I have the exact same problem, although nothing shows up when I select my save file.

EvaUnit02

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Forgive me if this has been answered before but I'm little confused due to the release notes on v70 beta 22.

Can cfg now load Gamecube games from a USB HDD to an SD card and then boot the game? If so, how?

JonnyPoots

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So, it's neat that the gamecube start-up noise plays when a GC game is selected but I always preferred the alternative sounds (holding 'Z' at startup with p1 or p1-p2-p3-p4 for a third noise).
I wanted to swap out original for one of the alts, but it appears the sound file is embedded in the code. :: sob ::
would I be alone in thinking it would be neat to have a choice of sound file, perhaps in the configurator, or maybe all three could be embedded and have one played randomly? considering the noise isn't necessary, except to avoid auditory stagnation when shuffling wii and gc games, having the alternative sounds would further avoid said stagnation.

DonnyKD

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Welp, I found a fix for Kirby's Return to Dreamland, and here it is: Get a save file that isn't new.

Yup. It can be 100%, 1%, anything, as long as it isn't empty.

That reminds me, can anyone send me a save file that is NOT empty? Like say, 1% complete? I don't wanna do the game completely finished...

highsteve

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Welp, I found a fix for Kirby's Return to Dreamland, and here it is: Get a save file that isn't new.

Yup. It can be 100%, 1%, anything, as long as it isn't empty.

That reminds me, can anyone send me a save file that is NOT empty? Like say, 1% complete? I don't wanna do the game completely finished...
You might try running your Kirby dump with Dolphin (WII emulator) and get a save from there. Once you know there was a save done you can exit game and right click on the Kirby game (shown in dolphin game list) and extract save. then you just need to dump the private folder it created into your SD card and transfer to WII.

pepxl

GFX W!Z4RD
Trophies
XP
Country
Why are people having so much trouble getting Kirby to work, is there some difference from the PAL and NTSC versions, mine work fine

DonnyKD

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Actually, the real problem is something in the game's cinematic. The new game intro, minigame intro, and final boss intro freezes the game. I don't know why.

mike333

Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Driver San Francisco and The Adventures of Tintin.
What is their current status under cfg v70 (or mod)?

source:
https://code.google.com/p/d2x-cios/wiki/Problematic_disc_based_games

IceIceBird

Trophies
XP
Country
I havn't tryied the MOD myself yet and before I do I want to know if there is a way/option to NOT show the gamecube games (DML) in the list. WHY do you not want to see them,in there aswell some of you probably wonders. Easy answer, I don't, but I realy would like to make use of all the other benefiths (upcoming) of the mod.
So an option to turn that function on and off would be gladly appriciated.

nikeymikey

This is now a Spiderman thread.........
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I havn't tryied the MOD myself yet and before I do I want to know if there is a way/option to NOT show the gamecube games (DML) in the list. WHY do you not want to see them,in there aswell some of you probably wonders. Easy answer, I don't, but I realy would like to make use of all the other benefiths (upcoming) of the mod.

If you are not interested in GC loading then you obviously have no GC games on your SD/USB, therefore you can use the mod and no GC games will show!!! :)

ErmanSayn

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
How do you make it to show?
My friend wants it.(He has the modded version) :D

IceIceBird

Trophies
XP
Country

If you are not interested in GC loading then you obviously have no GC games on your SD/USB, therefore you can use the mod and no GC games will show!!! :)

I do have but I do not want to mix them in with the wii games. I want them seperated from them.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    DinohScene @ DinohScene: ahh nothing beats a coffee disaronno at work