XP
Country
Germany
Here is a piece of the changelog:
release = 70b6 (beta)
size = 1569440
date = 2011-07-05
url = http://cfg-loader.go...les/cfg70b6.dol
Updated to rodries ehcmodule for hermes cios (222,223,224)
Oh sorry, seems like I mixed the d2x a5 rodries module and the hermes mod one :P You're totally right, hermes mod ones works fine (I even use it lol)
@anime4ever:
Try to update the cIOS and the loader to the latest, then it shouldn't freeze.

silentguy

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Finally got around to try this one and I'm loving it (after finally fixing the weird start up theme without working buttons i accidentally created).
Right now I'm wondering if there is any way to look at the back of a cover. I found that i can click a game and then switch to hq covers to show that the backs exist, but there does not seem a way to stop the spinning of it or to zoom on specific place, only zoom on the middle.
Am I missing an option or is it not possible?

silentguy

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
IIRC you can use the nunchuk c button for it.
Hm, if this was as a reply to my "read back of cover" then nom that does not work, it does the same thing as clicking a on an item, which is either open the details, or, if used on the cover in the details, start the game.
Hm, soooo many options, maybe i'll find something useful ;-)

btw. how flaky is ntfs writing? i.e. what is better, move covers back from ntfs hdd to sd or enable ntfs writing?

JoostinOnline

Certified Crash Test Dummy
Trophies
Website
www.hacksden.com
XP
Country
United States
IIRC you can use the nunchuk c button for it.
Hm, if this was as a reply to my "read back of cover" then nom that does not work, it does the same thing as clicking a on an item, which is either open the details, or, if used on the cover in the details, start the game.
Hm, soooo many options, maybe i'll find something useful ;-)

btw. how flaky is ntfs writing? i.e. what is better, move covers back from ntfs hdd to sd or enable ntfs writing?
FAT32 is better because it works for all apps, but NTFS only works with a handful. However, you can still stick with NTFS if you don't intend to use your HDD for running homebrew.

If you have space on your SD card, I suggest keeping the app and the usb-loader folder on your SD card. Most people notice it being faster to load up for one thing, and you will be able to run Cfg from the HBC.

Daydreamer33

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Hello, I'm going out of Memory! :P
My 2 TB HDD is nearly full of games (i am a collector :ninja: ).
Is there any possibility to Support GPT partitions to enabling the support for drives larger than 2TB?
Sure I can use 2 HDDs but its not comfortable.
I my opinion its a good idea for future updates of the cfg Usb Loader.
What do you mean?

Hielkenator

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Is there any possibility to Support GPT partitions to enabling the support for drives larger than 2TB?
What do you think?

Where would you get a bigger drive for a reasonable price?

Just burn all your games to the best media you can afford for backup purposes. And start over on your HDD.
HDD's tend to crasch rather often, so it might be a good idea to make backups on discs, and re-back up those every 5 years to keep your collection fresh as DVD-r have a lifespan.

It's the best way to keep your backups. And buy the best games.

raoulteeuwen

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Hello. Although i'm not a complete n00b, i don't mind if you treat me like one.

I remodded my Wii with the latest software (followed http://www.wiihacks.com/recommended-faqs-guides-tutorials-only/60921-guide-softmod-any-wii.html , used newer files if found), including d2x v7.

I have a 2TB drive formatted as FAT32. I primarily use a Macbook Pro with Wii Backup Fusion.

Almost everything works fine, but some games bigger than 1 DVD (Glee 3, Metroid Prime) give me "hd num sector doesn't match". The games are split in a wbfs part and a wbf1-part.

I have tried 248, 249, 250. But that doesn't make any difference. I have been searching for hours on the Net; i find more people with this error. I see advises to diskcheck (don't think that is an issue, at least in my situation), to check the size of the HDD blocks (std, 32k afaik), re-install the game (did that, no change). Cfg USB Loader reports filesize as 0.

I found Wii-Flow-code ( http://code.google.com/p/wiiflow/source/browse/trunk/source/devicemounter/libwbfs/libwbfs.c?spec=svn412&r=412 ) and found the message (i assume it is the same in cfg loader), and (i am not a coder) think there is some check to see if the HDD-characteristics fit with the ISO-characteristics or something?

Does anybody have advice on what i could try? If i need to supply more info, i will gladly do that.

Arm73

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
OK, bomping into this thread I realized that I was meaning to ask something very similar for a long time.

Force the Wii internal settings to 4:3 or 16:9 before the Wii launches a game.

Here's my situation:

My Wii is hooked up with component cables, and set to 480p and 16:9.

Everything looks great, however........

Some games were designed in 4:3, but then detect the Wii internal settings (16:9) and squish the image to add black borders or frames.

Now for those games, what I do is going into the Wii setting menu, setup the screen to 4:3 and then adjust my TV accordingly.

The result ? Well if the game doesn't detect 16:9, then it outputs a nice, clear, native 4:3 image which looks exactly as it should on a TV set to 4:3 with black borders, and the end result is like having a higher resolution.

Then some games are designed and optimized for 16:9 displays ( the majority actually ). In this case, if both Wii and TV are set to 4:3, not only we get black borders, but also a letter boxed image that still is 16:9, but it's framed in black borders all around.

The solution ? Going back to the Wii menu, enable 16:9 and switch the TV accordingly.

It would be nice to have a per game option ( much like force PAL or NTSC ) in the CFG USB loader, to ' force ' the internal Wii setting to 4:3 or 16:9 before launching the game.

This way, we only would have to push a button on the TV remote to switch back and forth between 4:3 and 16:9.

Really, the thing is that the Wii actually looks better when set to 4:3 , as the image is not squished ( kind of higher res ) . Having a game squish the image and then add black borders is the worst !

Sorry for the double post ( sort of ).........

Etheboss

Official LULWUT supporter
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
What do you think?

Just burn all your games to the best media you can afford for backup purposes. And start over on your HDD.
HDD's tend to crasch rather often, so it might be a good idea to make backups on discs, and re-back up those every 5 years to keep your collection fresh as DVD-r have a lifespan.

Or use a loader that supports larger than 2 TB HDD's

JoostinOnline

Trophies
Website
www.hacksden.com
XP
Country
United States
What do you think?

I don't think any do.

Etheboss

Official LULWUT supporter
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
@joostinonline, i was not planning to mention the name, but USBloader GX does...or at least it has 4K sector support which theoretically will also support bigger than 2 TB hdd's.

niemand0815

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
after a long forum absence and a stable wii without modifications i tried to update cfg-loader 65-222 to 70-222.
i have a usb drive completely wbfs-formatted (since the beginning of the loaders).

after that update, cfg-loader does not find the wbfs partition on my drive any more.
even when setting partition mode from auto to wbfs.
when reverting to 65-222, everything works fine and stable again.

any ideas?

edit:
i forgot...
the original config file does not contain a partition line.
error message is "Partition: auto not Found". with '70 in that setup.
when adding a line with "WBFS1" it states that that partition can not be found.
when reverting back to 65 as said it works without the partition line.

deishido

Texture Modder
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So... Am I the only one who can't download cover art for some reason?

I've tried downloading it via pc and putting it in the proper places on the card, and I've tried using the program itself on the wii. The latter ends up with a massive wall of dump text. something along the lines of a DSI error? I have no clue x.x I do recall seeing a bit of text in all of it saying there was no menu file or something.

Sorry I can't think of all the specifications right now, I was having these issues earlier today, but now it's late at night/early morning and I can't think of them ^ ^; I would assume it's a general issue though, if it's not, I'll go write down all I can tomorrow if it would help.

JoostinOnline

Trophies
Website
www.hacksden.com
XP
Country
United States

I've tried downloading it via pc and putting it in the proper places on the card, and I've tried using the program itself on the wii. The latter ends up with a massive wall of dump text. something along the lines of a DSI error? I have no clue x.x I do recall seeing a bit of text in all of it saying there was no menu file or something.

Sorry I can't think of all the specifications right now, I was having these issues earlier today, but now it's late at night/early morning and I can't think of them ^ ^; I would assume it's a general issue though, if it's not, I'll go write down all I can tomorrow if it would help.
Let me see your config.txt file.

Hielkenator

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
What do you think?

This is not ideal in the "collectors" kind of view.
Hdd's tend to crash = gone collection.

So better it is to make "hardcopys" of you "backup" collection and keep them somewhere dark and safe for future use.
For everyday use a HDD drive is the most optimal solution, no doubt.

Then there's still the issue of costs. Try finding reasonable prices for ext. Hdd's nowadays with all the shit happening in the far east.

fbrd

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
@Daydreamer33

You can try a 4k sector 3TB drive to have a FAT partition > 2.1Tb

Configurable loader works with this for me on a WD 3TB Elements. The official forwarder (both versions) does not work for me so I have to boot Configurable off SD.

I have 32k clusters as I hope to use neek when the FatFS library gets updated (currently it uses the version before variable sector size support was implemented) - I have had no joy trying to compile it myself.

However, it seems a bit hit and miss, people with seemingly identical setups reporting different results. YMMV.

deishido

Texture Modder
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Let me see your config.txt file.

My config.txt:
theme = Glass
music = usb:/usb-loader/music
device = usb
gui = start
gui_transition = fade
gui_style = flow
gui_rows = 2
disable_remove = 1
disable_format = 1
admin_unlock = 1
unlock_password = AAAA
covers_path = usb:/usb-loader/covers
covers_path_2d = usb:/usb-loader/covers/2d
covers_path_3d = usb:/usb-loader/covers/3d
covers_path_disc = usb:/usb-loader/covers/disc
covers_path_full = usb:/usb-loader/covers/full
cover_url =
cover_url =+ http://wiitdb.com/wiitdb/artwork/cover/{CC}/{ID6}.png
cover_url_3d =
cover_url_3d =+ http://wiitdb.com/wiitdb/artwork/cover3D/{CC}/{ID6}.png
cover_url_disc =
cover_url_disc =+ http://wiitdb.com/wiitdb/artwork/disc/{CC}/{ID6}.png
cover_url_disc =+ http://wiitdb.com/wiitdb/artwork/disccustom/{CC}/{ID6}.png
cover_url_full =
cover_url_full =+ http://wiitdb.com/wiitdb/artwork/coverfull/{CC}/{ID6}.png
profile_names = default

I didn't think it would be a problem with this though, I can do everything else just fine. I canf tor some reason download covers for anything though. Any ideas?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Keep current Gen consoles stock mod last gen imo