Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
loserbaby said:
matcon5 said:
-snip- [Ripping Red Steel 2 gives error but game boots]
I got the same with an original game disc of Red Steel 2, maybe they have put errors on the disc as a form of backup prevention? I'll double check the disc to make sure it's flawless but I believe it is, for me it started at around 85%. If it doesn't stop game play (as implied by post) then no big deal, I'm not an avid gamer so I'll probably only run a quick trial run, but I will post my results. BTW this is with v65 of cfg usb loader. PS. With all the wads from the Softmod ANY Wii Guide (I run 4.1U SM).
Have you guys tried CleanRip? Maybe it does it different/better??

QUOTE(richiefs @ Apr 7 2011, 11:56 PM)
Great job with the new gui.
I have an idea about the covers. I don't see the point in showing 2d, 3d, full when you have the HQ for example.
I would instead just use a fall back system. If no HQ, then full is shown, if not then 3d then 2d.
To my mind it is only interesting to switch between the cover and the disk.
The other versions of the cover could even be erased from the SD, it would save space.
I see a few potential problems with this, the first being: viewing several HQ covers at the same time being demanding. Maybe just replacing 2d with 3d or the opposite, as an option for those interested?
HQ is already replacing full covers (I think). So I do not see the reason for having both full and HQ cover viewing as an option.
I switch between using 3d and 2d covers, so I would not want one to replace the other.

bulletmark

Trophies
XP
Country
oggzee said:
* When a game is selected and the wiimote is not pointing
to the screen move the pointer to the start button so
that pressing button A will start the game directly.
Thanks oggzee, good stuff. However this particular one is not really what I was asking for. I (and I suspect most people surely?), just want to load a game quickly from the main menu by pointing at it then pressing A then A. Your change doesn't make it any easier. You have to select the game and then navigate the pointer to the small "Start" icon then press A again. A does nothing for me by default when I enter the GUI game detail screen (for the normal case when a pointer is being used). Can't the default A action be to start the game?

Dr. Clipper

Trophies
XP
Country
Some responses to your requests have been added in bold. Lack of a response doesn't mean it will or won't happen, just that I have nothing to say on the matter right now.

Stigmatic said:
My current ideas/wishes:
- Move the fovorites star, so that it is not on top of the cover in the new gui selected mode. Or maybe just put it in the corner so that it doesn't cover anything of the actual picture.
You can already do this by suplying your own favorite.png image. Just have empty space in the image to push the favorite star or whatever you prefer to wherever you want it to be.
- Move covers slightly to the right, so that full/HQ don't cover the change cover buttons.
- A slight glow or something to the currently selected button (maybe the blue line could be brighter).
- Spinning disc image (maybe not as default but as an option).
Never going to happen. This would be like selling out. Spinning discs would only be added after we add the 'disco disc slot LED' option.
- I liked clicking on the disc to start the game, when I was using GX, but that might be hard to combine with the "spin the full/HQ cover".
Likely not to happen, and only likely as we might have a click anywhere that's not a button to start idea.
- Being able to have a different cover type as standard when selecting a game (e.g. "3d" in flow mode and a spinning disc when selected).
- Being able to make a theme with the controller icons (the ones on the back on the game case) in info screen.
- A "help" menu with a short description of what different buttons do and stuff.
- Disable option for banner sounds.
- Vertical coverflow mode.
There already is a vertical coverflow mode.
- Being able to change default standard boot option for all games while in the loader.
- And an additional option where you can set default options for games of a specific region.

I had more suggestions than I thought, heh.
These sounded like good ideas to me while I was typing
wink.gif

Stigmatic

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Haha, I like your response to the spinning disc. Would have been fun with discomode cfg
nyanya.gif

Thanks for the favorite tip, will try that. And I will have to look again for the verticalcoverflow.

I had a code dump while experimenting and changeing the covers severeal times. I think the loader might have been running for an hour or something.
Not sure if this is helpful but, codedump pic here.

Edit: Felt like double posting, but editing is better.
Just wanted to add a huge thanks to the people who are still working on this loader! I'm not expecting anything and is really happy with each update!!
CFG is the the reason I'm still using my Wii, awesome work
biggrin.gif
(My disc drive makes an awful noise when playing games, but at least it works for ripping)

WAIKIKI728

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
TyRaNtM said:
I updated my Spanish translation with the 68a2 version, you can find it here:
CFG USB Loader ES (Spanish)

Thanks a lot (Gracias amigo
bow.gif
)

Just one thing ....the new gui ....Is it translated automaticly because the aplication detects the language of our wii?¿...

I don´t know it this has already been posted but how can i translate the new gui?¿'...

If not me ..maybe TyRaNtM can help us with that...

Great job cfg loader team....

bow.gif
bow.gif
bow.gif
bow.gif

TyRaNtM

I did some projects..
Trophies
Website
www.power-ups.net
XP
Country
Cote d'Ivoire
WAIKIKI728 said:
TyRaNtM said:
I updated my Spanish translation with the 68a2 version, you can find it here:
CFG USB Loader ES (Spanish)

Thanks a lot (Gracias amigo
bow.gif
)

Just one thing ....the new gui ....Is it translated automaticly because the aplication detects the language of our wii?¿...

I don´t know it this has already been posted but how can i translate the new gui?¿'...

If not me ..maybe TyRaNtM can help us with that...

Great job cfg loader team....

bow.gif
bow.gif
bow.gif
bow.gif

You just need to put the file in sd:/usb-loader/language/ folder.
I will test the new GUI now, if something looks weird with the translation, i will release a fix for that.

deserteagle

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ap_tones said:
Firstly kudos to the guys who spent their time and effort to write CFG USB loader and also the configurator for CFG..... two top pieces of software!
yaywii.gif

Just a quick question, I've been trying to set the location of the covers to point to my USB HD, I know you have to edit the config.txt file and add in the line:
covers_path = xyz

all my covers are currently sitting on a FAT partition and I've tried using:
covers_path = fat1:/covers
covers_path = fat:/covers
covers_path = fat1:covers

but none of them seem to work...... is it possible to load the covers from USB?
I basically have 1x FAT, 1x NTFS and 1x WBFS partitions on my HD

Only cos i've got a small measly 2GB SD card and it's quite full..... >_

dun4cheap

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello all, I haven't posted in a long time. Wanted to first off say thanks for all the hard work on all the tools and the loaders.

I have been playing with the new GUI and since installing v68 and v682 sometimes using the channel loader v9 the loader will not load. If I go back to v66c it works flawlessly. I have also noticed that my settings.cfg file is getting corrupt and unreadable. The first time this happened I discarded it as a fluke, but it has not happed 2-3 times in the past day.

Anyhow, let me know if I can do anything on my end to help.

I am running 249 version with a 10gig fat32 partition and then a 1.48gig NTFS partition. No Sd Card.

IOS 249 v21 dx2
IOS 249 v18

Same results.

Also, does someone know how to play Hawx2 online. I have not figured this out. It sais it can play 8 online, but I don't even see an option to go online.

oggzee

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Slovenia
dun4cheap:
no idea what could cause that.
what about 67c does that work fine?
Maybe try running check disk on both partitions to verify there are no errors (quick scan no need to check for bad balocks)

Natx15

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Sorry, but, nobody what could be my problem?

This is: I can't run Tom's Clancy H.A.W.X. 2 with any cIOS. All give me a black screen...

Today, i try to run this on NeoGamma, runs perfectly con cIOS 249 base 56. So, why i can't run it on CFG USB Loader?
Thanks in advance, i really don't know why this happen.
unsure.gif

DJPlace

going hire Ronald McDonald To Gun Down Nintendo.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ok i'm going be a total noob here and ask this question. but is there anyway can i use disk loading without haveing a usb drive connected to the wii?

Deozaan

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi folks, I've got a strange problem I need help with.

I just got a WiiMote Plus (with Wii Motion Plus built in) so I wanted to try out my Motion+ games on CFG USB Loader but it seems any of them I try just reset the Wii back to the System menu.

I tried FlingSmash, Red Steel 2, and Wii Sports Resort. All three of them just reset back to the Wii System Menu.

I'm not really sure what the problem is. Do I need to use a specific IOS or cIOS for Motion+ games? Do I need to use something like DOP Mii to update a specific IOS to a certain version? Is it a problem with CFG USB Loader? I made sure I was updated to the latest version, 68a2, and still have the problem.

I don't know what troubleshooting steps I should try to get these games to work, so I'd be very grateful for some tips.

Thanks!

Dr. Clipper

Trophies
XP
Country
Natx15 said:
Sorry, but, nobody what could be my problem?

This is: I can't run Tom's Clancy H.A.W.X. 2 with any cIOS. All give me a black screen...

Today, i try to run this on NeoGamma, runs perfectly con cIOS 249 base 56. So, why i can't run it on CFG USB Loader?
Thanks in advance, i really don't know why this happen.
unsure.gif

We'll look into it but we can't guarantee we'll find anything.

DJPlace said:
ok i'm going be a total noob here and ask this question. but is there anyway can i use disk loading without haveing a usb drive connected to the wii?
Set your device to sdhc. Adding device=sdhc to config.txt should be fine if you have never saved settings.cfg, or you can change your device during the countdown or at the global options screen, then save global options.

QUOTE(Deozaan @ Apr 10 2011, 04:31 PM)
Hi folks, I've got a strange problem I need help with.

I just got a WiiMote Plus (with Wii Motion Plus built in) so I wanted to try out my Motion+ games but it seems any of them I try just reset the Wii back to the System menu.

I tried FlingSmash, Red Steel 2, and Wii Sports Resort. All three of them just reset back to the Wii System Menu.

I'm not really sure what the problem is. Do I need to use a specific IOS or cIOS for Motion+ games? Do I need to use something like DOP Mii to update a specific IOS to a certain version? Is it a problem with CFG USB Loader? I made sure I was updated to the latest version, 68a2, and still have the problem.

I don't know what troubleshooting steps I should try to get these games to work, so I'd be very grateful for some tips.

Thanks!
They are all trying to play the intro video. You need to watch that video first, before you can play a game that requires M+. Once you have seen the video, that fact is saved to your Wii's memory and the games will launch properly. The easiest way to watch the video is to play one of those games from the disc first. There is a very well known alternative which does not require the disc, but I'm not going to help you find that one out.

digdug3

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Found something in 68a, when setting GUI=0 you can't go back to GUi when pressing B like you could in previous versions.
How can I start CFG in Console mode, but still be able to go to the GUI?

Deozaan

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Dr. Clipper said:
Deozaan said:
I just got a WiiMote Plus (with Wii Motion Plus built in) so I wanted to try out my Motion+ games on CFG USB Loader but it seems any of them I try just reset the Wii back to the System menu.

They are all trying to play the intro video. You need to watch that video first, before you can play a game that requires M+. Once you have seen the video, that fact is saved to your Wii's memory and the games will launch properly. The easiest way to watch the video is to play one of those games from the disc first. There is a very well known alternative which does not require the disc, but I'm not going to help you find that one out.

I feel kind of dumb for not even trying that before asking. Problem solved. Thanks!

Dr. Clipper

Trophies
XP
Country
digdug3 said:
Found something in 68a, when setting GUI=0 you can't go back to GUi when pressing B like you could in previous versions.
How can I start CFG in Console mode, but still be able to go to the GUI?
gui=0 used to disable the GUI and it still does. gui=1 is the method to enable the GUI but not start up in that mode. Note that the new GUI menu will not be enabled if you use gui=1, though (you can still enter the Konami code to turn it on). We plan to have a method to start in the console but have the GUI and GUI menu enabled soon.

richiefs

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
I have an issue downloading covers for 3 custom games:
StarSing - '80s Volume 1 v1.2 id:SIS80S
StarSing - Rocks! v1.1 id:SISREU
StarSing : Génériques TV v1.0 id:CSXF00

the covers are on wiitdb but cfg doesn't find them. It's may be related to the fact that the ids seem to be not correct.
i know that i can download them manualy but it would great if you could manage them or tell what is not correctly defined in wiitdb so that i can fix it.

thanks

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: By then I'll have some little mini pc anyway