Hacking Configurable USB Loader

Bloodlust

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Hong Kong
Need some urgent help here. Anyone knows what's wrong? When I launch CFG recently, the text in the GUI is missing...

531zk8.jpg

fattest

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
sylvio2000 said:
I really need HELP !

I softmodded a friends wii and synced my wiimotes with HIS wii.

Now I cant sync the wiimotes with my wii, because I autostart cfg usb loader with priiloader. I dont have a GC-Controller. What can I do?

can you boot into priiloader (hold reset) and sync the remotes?

also if you remove your sd card won't it skip priiloader autoboot and go to system menu? or are the autoboot settings for priiloader stored on the sd card and if so can you change/disable them from a pc?

sylvio2000

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
@ fattest

It works !
yaywii.gif

Solution:

First, I dont use the SD-CARD to boot into usb loader. I only have my hdd and from there I autostart the usb loader via priiloader 0.4.
That means, if I held the reset button I boot into priiloader. But there it was not possible to sync my wiimote.

After a lot of googling I found a really simple solution: After about 15 sec in priiloader just press "reset" and it will the start the system menu (must be a kind of failsafe function). Thats it. Now you can sync your wiimotes
yaywii.gif

OncleJulien

tool of peers
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

SamAsh07

Trophies
XP
Country
Bosnia and Herzegovina
Can CFG run games through DVD? If so, how?? Because if the USB isnt attached to the port at the edge, the CFG just closes down..

RR99i

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
oggzee said:
Or the ios usb drivers are not communicating properly with your drive, try both versions the normal .dol which uses ios 249 and the -222.dol which uses ios 222.
I was thinking that. Maybe it's involving the IOS files that are used with Config USB Loader. It's confusing what you're telling on the IOS/s to use. Anything involving 249 scares me as it's one of the important IOS. Right now and this may not be important, I'm using Hermes v5.1 (IOS222 with base IOS38, IOS223 with base IOS37, IOS224 with base IOS57, IOS202 with base IOS60) with cIOSx rev 20b with base 57.

With the power issue, not sure if USB loaders require more from the hard drive. Outside of using any USB loader (Config USB or USB Loader GX), the hard drive doesn't making any ticking noise/activity light blinking once with it. WiiMC gets access to it and I haven't encountered this problem. If it's not getting enough power, not sure what kind of cable hook up I would need. I just need to have a USB port available for my Rock Band 2 drums. Sorry I didn't mention my hard drive, it's a Western Digital Passport Portable 250GB USB 2.0 2.5" External Hard Drive Western Digital WD2500XMS-00.

Last, thanks airline38 and mjfisher for your replies.
smile.gif

Sacohen9665

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Oggzee;

I think there is a bug in any version of v61/222.

I did an online update from v60/222 to v61b/222 and after doing that I noticed that my Wiimotes would lose sync when I exit our of a game by hitting home and choosing the System Menu button.

If I do a hard reboot everything is fine.

My system is set up with Priiloader 5 set to Auto boot NForwarderCFG.dol and also set to auto boot on return to.

My config text has the folowing entries in it return_to_channel = FDCL and home = reboot.

I downgraded to another version of v61a and had the same issue, when I went back to v60, everything was fine.

Just wanted to let you know.

darkgunsou86

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Malaysia
hi sory for late reply.
cfg61t2 hangs at the cfg splash screen. the bottom right of the screen shows v61t2 and 249[FRAG]. this is where it hangs.
As for cfg61t1, it hangs at the same place too. i really dont know what is wrong with my wii.
is it caused by the waninkoko cios?

I dont know how to use wiiload and i edited meta.xml using notepad and inserted the line at the end of the paragraph of texts. nothing happened.

Crass

Rock me Dr. Zaius
Trophies
Website
www.ds-scene.net
XP
Country
United States
Bloodlust said:
Need some urgent help here. Anyone knows what's wrong? When I launch CFG recently, the text in the GUI is missing...

531zk8.jpg

Nobody knows?
closedeyes.gif

Can you provide more details, what version of CFG are you using, what format is your USB drive, what CIOS are you using to load etc etc. We need more details please.

Bloodlust

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Hong Kong
Crass said:
Bloodlust said:

531zk8.jpg

Nobody knows?
closedeyes.gif

Can you provide more details, what version of CFG are you using, what format is your USB drive, what CIOS are you using to load etc etc. We need more details please.

CFG loader v57 (222). I did try out v60 & still got the same result. Drive is NTFS formatted & using cIOS 249rev14...

This started only recently...

sylvio2000

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
I have set priiloader 0.4 to autoboot cfg usb loader 0.60 (from fat32 partition on my hdd) when starting the wii AND when exiting a game.

BUT, some games (GoldenEye, A boy and his blob) exit with a code dump and I have to power off the wii (and start it again to open cfg usb loader).

Any solution for this?
smile.gif

Dr. Clipper

Trophies
XP
Country
Bloodlust said:
CFG loader v57 (222). I did try out v60 & still got the same result. Drive is NTFS formatted & using cIOS 249rev14...

This started only recently...
There's your problem (probably). You need rev18 or higher to support NTFS drives with IOS249. You were probably using an old version of Cfg from before we added FAT/NTFS support to IOS249; those versions would automatically choose IOS222 instead because 249 couldn't boot the games back then. Update to rev20base56 or rev19, or install a -222 version of Cfg to use IOS222 instead.

George Dawes

Wanker
Trophies
Website
www.indymedia.org.uk
XP
Country
Chad
I've just updated to the latest cfg (61b2) and my .mod files no longer play - was this purposeful or is it a bug? They were working fine in the previous version (v60 release, iirc). The config file still points to the correct directory (music = sd:/usb-loader/music/).

Anyone else had this happen and can tell me which is the latest version with music still working? If not I'll work my way back until it starts working again.

FGCinHB

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just switched from USBloaderGX to CFGusbloader but cant figure out how to use custom titles,is it possible to use custom titles as in USBloaderGX?

oggzee

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Slovenia
George Dawes said:
I've just updated to the latest cfg (61b2) and my .mod files no longer play - was this purposeful or is it a bug? They were working fine in the previous version (v60 release, iirc). The config file still points to the correct directory (music = sd:/usb-loader/music/).

Anyone else had this happen and can tell me which is the latest version with music still working? If not I'll work my way back until it starts working again.
Can you try these two and let me know if it works:
http://cfg-loader.googlecode.com/files/cfg61t1.dol
http://cfg-loader.googlecode.com/files/cfg61t2.dol

x4mer

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
RR99i said:
I don't know if I should post this here or not. My favorite and primary USB loader is, Configurable USB Loader. I got a USB hard drive about 3 months ago. Within the last few weeks, I've noticed something different going on with it. This also happens with USB Loader GX. When running either loader, no game has to be running. My hard drive makes a ticking noise every 5 or so seconds, activity light also does one blink. If I'm not running a USB loader and anywhere else on my Wii (System Menu, Homebrew Channel, etc.), doesn't do it. This worries me and if continues I'm afraid could make the hard drive die. I've done error checking through Windows, doesn't seem to find anything.

Any help or advise and I thank you.
smile.gif

I'm betting this is the hard drive going through a sleep/ wake cycle every ~5 secs. Did you use the software suite that came preloaded on the passport drive, to edit the drive settings?

In the settings section, you can set the drive to never go to sleep, and save it to the drive, so it survives a power off.

To see if it's a sleep cycle issue, do the Mario Kart test WHILE RUNNING THE GAME UNDER 249REV20. Mario test is pausing the game just before finishing a race - leave it for 1/2hr, and come back and resume the game. If the game hangs/crashes at the finish line, it's because your drive went to sleep. Running under Hermes CIOS222 etc., will prevent the drive from causing this problem, but will cause the drive to perpetually spin up and down (like you're experiencing?). This will likely shorten the life of the drive.

hunter3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sacohen9665 said:
Oggzee;

I think there is a bug in any version of v61/222.

I did an online update from v60/222 to v61b/222 and after doing that I noticed that my Wiimotes would lose sync when I exit our of a game by hitting home and choosing the System Menu button.

If I do a hard reboot everything is fine.

My system is set up with Priiloader 5 set to Auto boot NForwarderCFG.dol and also set to auto boot on return to.

My config text has the folowing entries in it return_to_channel = FDCL and home = reboot.

I downgraded to another version of v61a and had the same issue, when I went back to v60, everything was fine.

Just wanted to let you know.

I had the same problem. Ran 61b/249/FAT32 off channel forwarder. Wiimotes won't sync and clock displays wrong time. Problem is fixed by running from HBC or using new forwarder on front page.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    good night
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    as to you
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    How do you know if the night will be good when you're asleep
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    because i didn't say i was asleep
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    i said i was sleeping...
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    sleeping with uremum
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Even my mum slept on that uremum
  • TwoSpikedHands @ TwoSpikedHands:
    yall im torn... ive been hacking away at tales of phantasia GBA (the USA version) and have so many documents of reverse engineering i've done
    I just found out that the EU version is better in literally every way, better sound quality, better lighting, and there's even a patch someone made to make the text look nicer
    Do I restart now using what i've learned on the EU version since it's a better overall experience? or do I continue with the US version since that is what ive been using, and if someone decides to play my hack, it would most likely be that version?
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    @TwoSpikedHands, I'll preface this with the fact that I know nothing about the game, but, I think it depends on what your goals are. Are you trying to make a definitive version of the game? You may want to refocus your efforts on the EU version then. Or, are you trying to make a better US version? In which case, the only way to make a better US version is to keep on plugging away at that one ;)
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    I'm not familiar with the technicalities of the differences between the two versions, but I'm wondering if at least some of those differences are things that you could port over to the US version in your patch without having to include copyrighted assets from the EU version
    @Sicklyboy I am wanting to fully change the game and bend it to my will lol. I would like to eventually have the ability to add more characters, enemies, even have a completely different story if i wanted. I already have the ability to change the tilemaps in the US version, so I can basically make my own map and warp to it in game - so I'm pretty far into it!
    I really would like to make a hack that I would enjoy playing, and maybe other people would too. swapping to the EU version would also mean my US friends could not legally play it
    I am definitely considering porting over some of the EU features without using the actual ROM itself, tbh that would probably be the best way to go about it... but i'm sad that the voice acting is so.... not good on the US version. May not be a way around that though
    I appreciate the insight!
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    @TwoSpikedHands just switch, all the knowledge you learned still applies and most of the code and assets should be the same anyway
    and realistically they wouldn't

be able to play it legally anyway since they need a ROM and they probably don't have the means to dump it themselves
    why the shit does the shitbox randomly insert newlines in my messages
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It does that when I edit a post.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It inserts a newline in a random spot.
    never had that i don't think
  • Karma177 @ Karma177:
    do y'all think having an sd card that has a write speed of 700kb/s is a bad idea?
    trying to restore emunand rn but it's taking ages... (also when I finished the first time hekate decided to delete all my fucking files :wacko:)
    Karma177 @ Karma177: do y'all think having an sd card that has a write speed of 700kb/s is a bad idea? trying to...