Hacking Configurable USB Loader

vegemikee

Trophies
XP
Country
Hi, I heard you can load Rock Band 2 DLC via CFG as of v59 (on v60, btw). I've also noticed that loading via 223/224 base 57, v5.1 detects my SDHC card. The problem is, is that every time it asks me to 'Copy add on content to SD card?' and I say yes, it tells me that the add on content is corrupt and won't be read from SD. I've deleted any trace of DLC (RawkSD v2 included) and I still get the error. I've tried formatting the SDHC and still no luck. Anyone here know the problem?

Geeman

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I want to make Cfg my main loader. I am currently using v4 of Hermes 222/223 because I heard v5 is buggy. Is this still true or can I update?

Geeman

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks. Updating now.
happy.gif

OncleJulien

tool of peers
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
vegemikee said:
Hi, I heard you can load Rock Band 2 DLC via CFG as of v59 (on v60, btw). I've also noticed that loading via 223/224 base 57, v5.1 detects my SDHC card. The problem is, is that every time it asks me to 'Copy add on content to SD card?' and I say yes, it tells me that the add on content is corrupt and won't be read from SD. I've deleted any trace of DLC (RawkSD v2 included) and I still get the error. I've tried formatting the SDHC and still no luck. Anyone here know the problem?
cfg supporting your sdhc card and rock band 2 supporting it are two separate and entirely unrelated things, i'm afraid.

davidpboone

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i was wondering if you can somehow dl a game and place it on the USB stick? is there a way to do that instead of copying a game from the original disc?

vegemikee

Trophies
XP
Country
OncleJulien said:
vegemikee said:
cfg supporting your sdhc card and rock band 2 supporting it are two separate and entirely unrelated things, i'm afraid.

I'm not sure if you get what I'm saying here, but loading RB2 via disc channel would tell me my SDHC card is not compatible and that it will disable SD card mode. Loading RB2 via CFG v60 with 224 v5.1 with a 57 base gives me the option to load (or in this case, copy the add on content to SDHC) DLC off my SDHC, except it tells me that the add on content is corrupt.

Dr. Clipper

Trophies
XP
Country
bnm81002 said:
are there big differences between 4 and 5? is it worth updating to 5? thanks
The only real difference that matters to Cfg is that it supports more IOSes as base. There's no real advantage to having that, unless you have compatibility issues.

netspy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
vegemikee said:
I'm not sure if you get what I'm saying here, but loading RB2 via disc channel would tell me my SDHC card is not compatible and that it will disable SD card mode. Loading RB2 via CFG v60 with 224 v5.1 with a 57 base gives me the option to load (or in this case, copy the add on content to SDHC) DLC off my SDHC, except it tells me that the add on content is corrupt.
I think the problem is that Rock Band 2 is not able to handle SDHC cards.
http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=173415

pepxl

GFX W!Z4RD
Trophies
XP
Country
davidpboone said:
i was wondering if you can somehow dl a game and place it on the USB stick? is there a way to do that instead of copying a game from the original disc?

yeah sure there is but it the world of law and order its called piracy

laggflor

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
laggflor said:
Dr. Clipper said:
Do you happen to have your Wii set to PAL60? RRR has massive timing errors if you are playing it that way. Try setting the Wii to 480i or 480p.
Wow, that's fast. Yes, I think I've set this as default (as I thought this is standard here). Will try as soon as I get my Wii back (and report success).

Thanks & have a nice day!
You're perfectly right... played with the Video settings and it seems to work. We 'll test it at our next Wii party ;-)

Btw: could you explain what the 002 fix is?

Ah... and I have found a bug in v59x - haven't tested this in v60 until now...
I cannot Update the Loader from inside the loader IF there is parentereal control enabled.
I:
* Hold 1 for 5s and type in the unlock code
* Press 1 twice to get to the global settings
* choose to update and choose a version
It downloads, but fails to install.

If appreciated, I could test it with v60 and provide a screenshot.

Thanks for now. best regards, Florian.

oggzee

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Slovenia
laggflor said:
Ah... and I have found a bug in v59x - haven't tested this in v60 until now...
I cannot Update the Loader from inside the loader IF there is parentereal control enabled.
I:
* Hold 1 for 5s and type in the unlock code
* Press 1 twice to get to the global settings
* choose to update and choose a version
It downloads, but fails to install.
If appreciated, I could test it with v60 and provide a screenshot.
Thanks for now. best regards, Florian.
Yes please re-test with v60.
If it works, and if you have time, please re-try with v59, to see if it was a random occurrence or is it reproducible.

Gh0sti

iOS Guru
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
wii play keeps freezing on me and looses wii mote connection

when i play it lags the motion sensing, also when i try to play a new game it freezes going back to the games menu

same iwth boom blox, it freezes when i try playing it

on rev60 iso 249

usign partitioned ntfs hdd

XFlak

Wiitired but still kicking
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
squirrelman10 said:
on rev60 iso 249
wrong, try again.

1) u mean IOS, not ISO
2) 249's highest rev is 20 at the moment, not 60, u probably meant 60 base wad
3)u gotta tell us what rev of 249 u using, and the base wad... or just install cIOS249rev19base57 (available for download via ModMii) and that should fix u.

If u keep getting erros after installing the cIOS I mention above, then try making/using another rip of the game and see if that fixes it.

Also, I would ditch the ntfs usb loading and go for fat32

oggzee

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Slovenia
XFlak said:
2) 249's highest rev is 20 at the moment, not 60, u probably meant 60 base wad

Also, I would ditch the ntfs usb loading and go for fat32
I believe he meant cfg v60
wink.gif

But yes all the additional info that you posted is required.
As for fat/ntfs i don't believe that's the problem.
wii play works fine for me on any filesystem and i don't recall ever having a problem with it with any ios i tried so far.

gotchapt

Trophies
XP
Country
Ok, so I have my games on a NTFS partition. I made a FAT32 partition just so I can load the covers from there. I deleted both config.txt on sd so it will mount FAT32 instead. On FAT config.txt should I put SD:/covers or USB:/covers on the covers_path ? I don't know if it recognizes the usb:/

I have read the readme a bunch of times, but it's really confusing for this case.

Dr. Clipper

Trophies
XP
Country
gotchapt said:
Ok, so I have my games on a NTFS partition. I made a FAT32 partition just so I can load the covers from there. I deleted both config.txt on sd so it will mount FAT32 instead. On FAT config.txt should I put SD:/covers or USB:/covers on the covers_path ? I don't know if it recognizes the usb:/

I have read the readme a bunch of times, but it's really confusing for this case.
The partition for games is set by the partition option which is taken from settings.cfg or config.txt (in that order). It should always try to mount the first FAT and NTFS partitions as well on the drive. To use the FAT partition, set the covers_path options to usb:/. To use the NTFS drive for covers, set them to ntfs:/. Using sd:/ will store them on the SD's FAT partition instead.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Xdqwerty
    what are you looking at?
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
  • K3Nv2
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @BakerMan, it wasnt aimed at you but ok