gui_rows = 2

# device
device = usb

# language related options:
# translation = XX
# db_language = XX

# this is required for asian languages:
# load_unifont = 1

it's plced into root of sd in the directory usb-loader - with all other org. files ...

the boot.dol is only file in /app ...

so no other config present i think.

can it be a problem that i'm not on hermes V5 (im on V4) ... ? or any other new IOS problem i didn't update ... ?

oggzee

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Slovenia
FoGBaV:
Can you make a screenshot and post it here?
Also, can you add debug=1 to config.txt and make a screenshot, when it first asks you to press a button to continue.
Also, does going back a version or two or more, solve the problem?

Jox

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm using Cfg Loader quite a while... perfect work, thx.

now I started playing around with SNEEK and have to convert all the games to the decrypted format.

Is or will there be a way to use this SNEEK format in the usb loader, too?
Otherwise I have to save the games twice on the hdd...
Sorry if this was asked before, but you're close to 800 pages... ;-)

FoGBaV

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
oggzee said:
FoGBaV:
Can you make a screenshot and post it here?
Also, can you add debug=1 to config.txt and make a screenshot, when it first asks you to press a button to continue.
Also, does going back a version or two or more, solve the problem?

Hi oggzee ... strange thing - changed dol back to 0.56 - same error - even it was working on this version before.

Pics :

http://www5.pic-upload.de/18.09.10/mweteztvl8px.jpg

http://www5.pic-upload.de/18.09.10/htsydcfhbim.jpg

it must be something very stupid - normaly i am able to solve my it problems on my own 8)

Thank you for your replys !

oggzee

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Slovenia
FoGBaV:
Hmm, someone reported a similar problem on irc a couple of days ago, but we were not able to solve it. But I would really like to know what causes this.
Can you run a disk check on the SD card (in windows: properties on a drive / tools / check now)
And see if it finds any errors.
Another thing that might be worth a try is backing up the SD card, reformat it and then make a fresh install of CFG, with nothing else on the sd card.
let's see if any of this helps.

oggzee

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Slovenia
ChaosEnergy said:
hi
how do i handle covers on harddisk, if one is fat, the other ntfs
is there an auto too?
By default covers are loaded from the cfg base dir/covers.
If you want to load them from elsewhere you will need to use the covers_path option, like:
covers_path = ntfs:/path_to/covers

FoGBaV

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
oggzee said:
FoGBaV:
Hmm, someone reported a similar problem on irc a couple of days ago, but we were not able to solve it. But I would really like to know what causes this.
Can you run a disk check on the SD card (in windows: properties on a drive / tools / check now)
And see if it finds any errors.
Another thing that might be worth a try is backing up the SD card, reformat it and then make a fresh install of CFG, with nothing else on the sd card.
let's see if any of this helps.

Hi oogzee ... i think you are tageting into the right direction with this problem .. i had a error on SDCARD before i posted here .... some found.000 things ...8)

so after detecting the problem afterwards with usb-loader i decided to copy the orgiginal 0.60 rar files back to sd ... but it didn't solve the problem.

i will do some investigations - and reformat the sdcard with a blank usb-loader...

will report back later ... thanks for your help ... and all the work you and all the good other people are doing here ...

greetings from germany ...

oggzee

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Slovenia
FoGBaV said:
Hi oogzee ... i think you are tageting into the right direction with this problem .. i had a error on SDCARD before i posted here .... some found.000 things ...8)
so after detecting the problem afterwards with usb-loader i decided to copy the orgiginal 0.60 rar files back to sd ... but it didn't solve the problem.
i will do some investigations - and reformat the sdcard with a blank usb-loader...
will report back later ... thanks for your help ... and all the work you and all the good other people are doing here ...
do you have an usb gecko perhaps?
with debug_gecko=1 you can get it to out put the debug to the pc.
btw, the version is not 0.60 or 0.56 but simply 60 or 56
wink.gif

germany? your flag says sweden
tongue.gif

FoGBaV

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
oggzee said:
FoGBaV said:
do you have an usb gecko perhaps?
with debug_gecko=1 you can get it to out put the debug to the pc.
btw, the version is not 0.60 or 0.56 but simply 60 or 56
wink.gif

germany? your flag says sweden
tongue.gif

Only my ip packets are going to sweden (VPN) ...

USB Gecko not present - will try to force a frog into the DVD-Drive ...8)

With "0.60" i didn't want to tell something about the quality or beta status of this app ... 8) ... otherwise i would say V 6000 would be the right version number for this loader ...8)

Kywhod

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hello all,

I've downloaded cfgusbloader v60 for the incredible feature dump game on ntfs !
but unfortunely i've got an error when trying to install a game :/ here it is : "wbfs panic: malloc fst".
Weird oO because my DD is a full 1To NTFS partition with a folder wbfs at the root.
For the wii stuff everything is ok waninkoko cios v17, hermes v4 etc.

Can someone help me with this?

ChaosEnergy

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
oggzee said:
ChaosEnergy said:
hi
how do i handle covers on harddisk, if one is fat, the other ntfs
is there an auto too?
By default covers are loaded from the cfg base dir/covers.
If you want to load them from elsewhere you will need to use the covers_path option, like:
covers_path = ntfs:/path_to/covers
hi oggzee

i m talking about a hdd with fat and a 2nd with ntfs on same wii
so i try to put covers on hdd, without changing sd card
fat=usb ntfs=ntfs switch
would be fine, if it also would work like auto for 1st partition now, so it would find covers in same flexible way

btw, the fault on my side...sd card worked fine with a dir 2D, hdd only works with 2d ...lowercase
deleting this in windows..deletes 2 folders at once..and you need to reload all covers...result...libpng out of memory error on my site..

oggzee

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Slovenia
Kywhod said:
Hello all,

I've downloaded cfgusbloader v60 for the incredible feature dump game on ntfs !
but unfortunely i've got an error when trying to install a game :/ here it is : "wbfs panic: malloc fst".
Weird oO because my DD is a full 1To NTFS partition with a folder wbfs at the root.
For the wii stuff everything is ok waninkoko cios v17, hermes v4 etc.

Can someone help me with this?
Have you enabled ntfs_write=1?
If yes, do all games report this?

oggzee

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Slovenia
ChaosEnergy said:
i m talking about a hdd with fat and a 2nd with ntfs on same wii
so i try to put covers on hdd, without changing sd card
fat=usb ntfs=ntfs switch
would be fine, if it also would work like auto for 1st partition now, so it would find covers in same flexible way
btw, the fault on my side...sd card worked fine with a dir 2D, hdd only works with 2d ...lowercase
deleting this in windows..deletes 2 folders at once..and you need to reload all covers...result...libpng out of memory error on my site..
Aha, so what you are trying to do is: have the loader on SD and the covers on HDD, but have 2 different HDDs, one has FAT the other NTFS and you want to exchange them without changing settings on SD. Did I understand correctly?
If so, you're right, there's no automatic way to do for now.
You could have a full install of CFG on both HDDs instead of SD this would work automatically.
Or you can have 2 different app dirs with an additional config.txt, like this:
sd:/usb-loader/config.txt is the main config, shared with both installs.
sd:/apps/cfg_fat/config.txt would contain: covers_path=fat:/....
sd:/apps/cfg_ntfs/config.txt would contain: covers_path=ntfs:/....
These are the possible workarounds for now.

Kywhod

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
oggzee said:
Have you enabled ntfs_write=1?
If yes, do all games report this?

Now i did but same result :/ for all games.
I have also notice that I can't start any games using cfgusbloader it says : "Error cios249rev18, cios222v4, cios223v4, cios224v5 or higher is required to launch a game from a FAT partition. set frag : -128. Error SettingWBFS: -128".
Really weird... because firstly I only got one NTFS partition on the DD and all my games work fine with usb loader gx :/

Thanks for your help

Edit: My DD is a Western Digital Elements 1To (recommended for full compatibility)

oggzee

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Slovenia
Kywhod said:
Now i did but same result :/ for all games.
I have also notice that I can't start any games using cfgusbloader it says : "Error cios249rev18, cios222v4, cios223v4, cios224v5 or higher is required to launch a game from a FAT partition. set frag : -128. Error SettingWBFS: -128".
Really weird... because firstly I only got one NTFS partition on the DD and all my games work fine with usb loader gx :/
Thanks for your help
Edit: My DD is a Western Digital Elements 1To (recommended for full compatibility)
Well, you could guess what's my next question - since it complains about the ios:
What cios 249 rev do you have installed and what rev of 222?
Also, are you using 249 or 222, have you tried both?

Kywhod

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
i have installed 249rev17 and yes i tried both.
Maybe i have to install rev18 or + (but i heard it had bad compatibility) and since it works on usbloader gx with rev17 i rather prefer keep my system working
tongue.gif
but if there is no other possibility i will think of go to rev 18+

oggzee

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Slovenia
Kywhod said:
i have installed 249rev17 and yes i tried both.
Maybe i have to install rev18 or + (but i heard it had bad compatibility) and since it works on usbloader gx with rev17 i rather prefer keep my system working
tongue.gif
but if there is no other possibility i will think of go to rev 18+
There's no way any loader can run games from FAT using cios249 rev17.
In GX you probably use cios 222 to run games?
Can you try setting the ios to 222 in cfg too and run the game to see if it's any difference?
Either by putting ios=222-mload in config.txt
or changing the value in the game settings screen. (press 1)

anbidan

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
I've been using CFG USB Loader for a while, and I would like to thanks to oggzee for this great loader. I had trouble storing the covers on a NTFS partition (CFG USB Loader randomly, some times found the covers and some times didn't) so I had to make a 2nd FAT32 partition for this. Last night I've tryed with the latest revision (v60) and the problem is solved, I would like to report that everything works great now and I'm back with a single NTFS partition. I don't know if it is my idea but covers and games seems to load faster than before.

Thanks again, keep up the good job.

Kywhod

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
oggzee said:
There's no way any loader can run games from FAT using cios249 rev17.
In GX you probably use cios 222 to run games?
Can you try setting the ios to 222 in cfg too and run the game to see if it's any difference?
Either by putting ios=222-mload in config.txt
or changing the value in the game settings screen. (press 1)

The weird thing is... that i've no FAT at all. My games are on a NTFS partition (the only one partition of the DD).
In GX i use 249 to load games ^^

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Do I make you randy!!! Lol