Hacking Configurable USB Loader

bambam95

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
So I put the other file back and it's working again, and it was the right path, it was weird it wouldn't even load in the hbc, it would see it but when I told it to run it it acted like I had hit cancel. Oh well no update for me
frown.gif

Dr. Clipper

Trophies
XP
Country
koala.monk said:
I don't know if this is the right place to ask around External Hard Drives Issues, but the point is that I'm using the cfg usb loader, the latest version 56c, and when I try to run the app, it runs just fine, loads all the games in the HDD but when I pick one and load it. I get the message "BOOTING WII GAME. PLEASE WAIT..." and well I left for 30 min. there it was displaying the same message. I was using usb flash drives and those ones went fine.
Any tips for running External Hard Drive on cfg usb loader?
Seagate 1tb 32mb cache 7200rpm
Case Satellite AX-321
Formated with wbfs manager 3.0
Using cfg usb loader 56c
waninoko rev19
hermes v5
OK, that's not the latest version (we don't update the original post until a release version comes out). Look here to get the latest version (57b4). You could also just use the "Look for updates" option on the Global Options page. Now, I notice you have a case. Those can cause a lot of issues, but hopefully we can get it working.

First thing to try:
Install a game you own in the loader (with +) and try to run it. If it works then you have a solution. All other methods here rely on you having installed that game within Cfg.

If that doesn't work, try the following:
Both the 57b4 and 57b4-222 versions of Cfg.
Downgrading Hermes to v4 and then using 57b4-222 again.
Reformat the drive to FAT32, install a game with + again and try both versions of Cfg to run it again.

ZombiePosessor said:
Ok, is there any way to show disc images in a theme, like USBLGX has? If i could get disc images to show up, that would be awesome.
Add cover_style=disc to theme.txt for your theme or to config.txt. You will make the discs appear in the console mode while the full 3D covers appear in the coverflow GUI modes.

QUOTE(bambam95 @ May 23 2010, 05:52 AM)
So I put the other file back and it's working again, and it was the right path, it was weird it wouldn't even load in the hbc, it would see it but when I told it to run it it acted like I had hit cancel. Oh well no update for me
frown.gif
Try the update again. Occasionally, very rarely, there is a bug when downloading the update with the loader. Just update again and it should work fine this time.

Dr. Clipper

Trophies
XP
Country
George Dawes said:
Anyone have any experience of using Wii Play USA on a PAL console with an RGB scart able? Default videomode = red screen (as is usual with the RGB cable) but forcing PAL50/60 just causes the game to hang.

SMG2 USA works fine if forced to PAL60.
Not all games work when you force video. Looks like you will need to use the composite cables for Wii Play.

Slimmmmmm

GBAtemp MoNkEeE
Trophies
XP
Country
I'm having a weird Wiimote sync issue.

The problem(s) are these....

When I launch CFG the Wiimote powers down and I need to press a button to get it to power back on. This happens when it loads the menu, also after powering the Wiimote back on it happens again at launching the game at the strap screen.

Another related problem I'm having is if I have 2 Wiimotes powered on and launch a game (well certain games) EG: Army Men: Soldiers Of Misfortune
The Wiimote synced to # 1 powers down and wont go back on, and the Wiimote at #2 switches to # 1.

The problem first started when using Triiforce. More info about the history can be found HERE

These problems happen with every version of CFG I've tried, so I don't think it's strictly limited, or caused by CFG, but hoped by posting in this topic I might have some "brains" figure it out... and yes I know how to properly sync the remotes

Dr. Clipper

Trophies
XP
Country
Does it happen with both types of Cfg, or just one? How is your drive formatted? Does it happen with any other homebrew apps or just Cfg?

Brianwuz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The sync issue might have to do with TRI-Force. Are you using your own NAND or the one you can download? When I used the generic one I would loose sync every time as the generic NAND does not have your Wiimotes synced to it. When I pulled a copy of my own NAND with all my Wiimotes synced for TRI-force, I never had sync issues again.
Hope that helps
Brian

Slimmmmmm

GBAtemp MoNkEeE
Trophies
XP
Country
Dr. Clipper said:
Does it happen with both types of Cfg, or just one? How is your drive formatted? Does it happen with any other homebrew apps or just Cfg?

Thanks Dr for your as always speedy reply.
Yes it happens with the standard and 222 builds, newest (56) stable revision, newest beta, older revisions etc.
The drive format is also a moot point, I've got a few USB pens so just went and checked and it is the same on FAT, NTFS and wbfs.
Has maybe the "SYSCONF" or something else on the Wiis nand became corrupt do you think ? That's the only file I know about that affect the Wiimotes and iirc it only holds the number of synced motes, order and an ID iirc for each
I'm having sync issues with everything homebrew now, nothing major except for Triiforce which is unusable now.
But all homebrew turns the Wiimote off and I need to press a button to get it to "wake up" again.
I'll need to test more games in CFG about the 2player bug, because if it turns off one remote every time this will be a problem.
Also the bugs are there no matter what method I use to launch the apps, wiiload, HBC, forwarders etc

I appreciate the fact this was not cause by your app and you might help me get it figured out.

QUOTE(Brianwuz @ May 23 2010, 06:18 AM) The sync issue might have to do with TRI-Force. Are you using your own NAND or the one you can download? When I used the generic one I would loose sync every time as the generic NAND does not have your Wiimotes synced to it. When I pulled a copy of my own NAND with all my Wiimotes synced for TRI-force, I never had sync issues again.
Hope that helps
Brian

The nand dump is from the same Wii, dumped with bootmii and extracted with ShowMiiWads, it's a full dump because I was just being quick and setting an environment for doing some testing. If you need info you can read my post in the Triiforce mrc topic which I linked to about the hisstory of the wii/whats installed etc.

Brian what did you have problems with btw ? Just Triiforce or other apps too ? Please give me some info if you could either in the Triiforce topic I linked to in my previous post (would be best) or by pm.

@ Dr. Clipper, I think I'll not post about this anymore in this topic as it's not caused by CFG, and I don't want to spam your already busy topic with something that might turn into a long drawn out problem to get fixed.

*EDIT*
I semi solved the problem in Triiforce by redumping the SYSCONF file, but this still leaves the annoying bug in CFG where my Wiimotes change order and/or one drops out.

EG: To reproduce, I do this.
Load CFG (With both WiiMotes on)
Load Army Men....
WiiMote #1 goes off and wont go back on again
WiiMote #2 changes to #1
It's nothing major, but annoying. Sorry for the spam team CFG
tongue.gif

George Dawes

Wanker
Trophies
Website
www.indymedia.org.uk
XP
Country
Chad
Dr. Clipper said:
Not all games work when you force video. Looks like you will need to use the composite cables for Wii Play.
Thanks for the fast reply. I'd rather not play the game than use composite. Will delete the game and dig out my PAL copy.

Thanks again.

EDIT: One more quick question, does Excite Truck not load from SD card? I've done a search and it seems that it loads music from SD so it isn't possible to run the game that way, but I just wanted to check and make sure.

Cheers
G

Axit

Trophies
XP
Country
I would just like to thank Dr. Clipper and the team for sorting Pop TFS. I switched from GX to Cfg with the latest patch and my wife hasn't stopped playing the game since.

WAIKIKI728

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Axit said:
I would just like to thank Dr. Clipper and the team for sorting Pop TFS. I switched from GX to Cfg with the latest patch and my wife hasn't stopped playing the game since.

I want.. to thank Clipper his hard job too.
yaywii.gif
..but i don´t get POP working with the last rev of cfg loader...

I have 2 pop games...pal and ntfs...

My wii and my tv are PAL...

I have wii 4.2e and last wanininoko and hermes ios....(19 and 5)...

How are the configurations for making this work...?¿?

I have edited cfg.txt:disable_pop_patch and disable_dvd_patch

But it freezes...

I would thank any help....
rolleyes.gif

ConJ

The Toker
Trophies
Website
xat.com
XP
Country
WAIKIKI728 said:
Axit said:

I want.. to thank Clipper his hard job too.
yaywii.gif
..but i don´t get POP working with the last rev of cfg loader...

I have 2 pop games...pal and ntfs...

My wii and my tv are PAL...

I have wii 4.2e and last wanininoko and hermes ios....(19 and 5)...

How are the configurations for making this work...?¿?

I have edited cfg.txt:disable_pop_patch and disable_dvd_patch

But it freezes...

I would thank any help....
rolleyes.gif

It works for me.

All I did was download the latest version of CFG. I didn't edit any settings.

4.2E, cIOS rev 19 with IOS57 as base, NTSC version of game.

Works perfectly.

WAIKIKI728

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
ConJ said:
............... NTSC version of game................

Works perfectly.

Did you turn on any options?¿'...I mean...did you turn on the videopatch...anti 002....games defalut?¿?...

It´s just strange that one ntfs game works in a Pal wii without to turn any of these options....
closedeyes.gif

P.D.:Maybe this only wokrs for English language...?¿?...

Thanks a lot for your fast reply...

pu|se

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
hispanico said:
To play the new Super Mario Galaxy 2 [NTSC]...on my wii pal, i must set something in the setting of loader ??

Thnak

Make sure you're using cios 249, force 50/60Hz Pal and set language to english.

working fine for my wii

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=0HUC3gnPMZs&pp=ygUXTWVtY2FyZCBwcm8gMSwgMiBhbmQgZ2M%3D