Hacking Configurable USB Loader

wiixale

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Dr. Clipper, since I updated yesterday CFG to 57b4, I have experienced random black screens and freezes playing games that always went fine in 57b2.

I unluckly couldn't repeat these freezes.

The only change I made was writing disable_pop_patch = 0 in config.txt.

Dr. Clipper

Trophies
XP
Country
WAIKIKI728 said:
I want.. to thank Clipper his hard job too.
yaywii.gif
..but i don´t get POP working with the last rev of cfg loader...

I have 2 pop games...pal and ntfs...

My wii and my tv are PAL...

I have wii 4.2e and last wanininoko and hermes ios....(19 and 5)...

How are the configurations for making this work...?¿?

I have edited cfg.txt:disable_pop_patch and disable_dvd_patch

But it freezes...

I would thank any help....
rolleyes.gif

You disabled the PoP patch in settings and you wonder why PoP doesn't work? That's probably your only issue.

PoP won't work if you are patching the game in any way apart from the PoP patch. Thus, do not set any of the options on in the per_game options (Write Play Log is OK, though), disable the DVD check patch if you are using IOS222 (this patch is only applied for IOS222 and IOS249 rev12 or less), do not use the return_to_channel option in config.txt and do not have a .wip file for PoP in the USB-Loader directory (as .wip processing is broken in 57b4).

QUOTE(wiixale @ May 24 2010, 12:31 AM) Dr. Clipper, since I updated yesterday CFG to 57b4, I have experienced random black screens and freezes playing games that always went fine in 57b2.

I unluckly couldn't repeat these freezes.

The only change I made was writing disable_pop_patch = 0 in config.txt.
It's unlucky that you couldn't repeat the freezes? Nothing has changed that would affect other games, so I don't know what caused the issues. Post again if they ever start up again.

panmusic

Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
Dr.Clipper,is there any way to use Ocarina cheats with PoP without the game crashes?
Everytime I try to load some Ocarina codes,I see a black screen...

pepxl

GFX W!Z4RD
Trophies
XP
Country
panmusic said:
Dr.Clipper,is there any way to use Ocarina cheats with PoP without the game crashes?

theres actually a code to stop the game crashing with ocarina on

QUOTEPrince of Persia [RPWZ41]

keep game from crashing when you hook it [giantpune]
044CDECC 4800005C
*created by sm98*

panmusic

Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
Thanks pepxl for your reply!
I tried the code but the game still crashes before the opening logos.I have the latest version of the loader with the patch implemented,so I am thinking if this particular code causes any trouble.Perhaps,should I change the configurator file in my SD?

infinete

The Temp's cynic.
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi, just a quick question, I have searched for an answer but cannot find one, I am trying to play tomb raider anniversary through this loader (CFG v57b4), I have tried using every ios and installing both Hermes v4 and v5, but when I load the game it just loads up a black screen and the wiimotes de-sync. I checked the comparability of this game through usb loaders and it says it should work flawlessly. Does anyone have a solution?
Edit:
Encase needed....wii specs - E 4.2, cios 249 rev19(57)

harmor

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
OGTiago said:
Hey, does anyone know how to get the game covers?

Right now I have a blank Wii game box with a "?" mark.
Press the 'Minus' button on the Wii remote. Go to "Global Options" and select "Download Covers".

xakmad

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Dr C - thanks for the latest update

2 quickies, and have tried googling the first one several times in different ways:

a) is there a pc APP to browse a WBFS file and extract a file?
i have a short (12 line) guide to make an mp3 from an opening banner (bnr)
BUT
i dont want to convert them to ISO to use wiiscubber 1.4 to get the file, re space and time

b) any sign of the
"show ALL games (incuding hidden), BUT have hidden as 75% opaque and/or red dot,
and when i click on a hidden game, it still show the Database info (ie game descript,
but when i press A to start it asks for a password straight away (e.g. ABZC)"
that was the concise version
blink.gif

BTW SMG2 ntsc works fine on fat and 222 version of 57b4.

good to see oggzee still around - we are all still eternaly grateful - cheers!
grog.gif

as always - THANKS
bow.gif

peppers

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a bug to report, Ive tried this with 2 different USB card readers (Miro sd) card it formatted in FAT and I use the latest 222 version I load cfg from the reader I tryed this from homebrew channel and forwarder, now for the problem after I launch cfg it will not allow me to read games from the reader till I unplugg it and then plug it back in. If I do that it will read from it no problem

XFlak

Wiitired but still kicking
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
xakmad said:
BUT
i dont want to convert them to ISO to use wiiscubber 1.4 to get the file, re space and time
CRAP can do this, even though its designed to make forwarder channels

wbfs_file simple gui can also do this

a command line tool that can do it all by itself is wbfs_file

when u finish ur guide, i'd love to see it!!

Dr. Clipper

Trophies
XP
Country
pepxl said:
panmusic said:

theres actually a code to stop the game crashing with ocarina on

QUOTE said:
Prince of Persia [RPWZ41]

keep game from crashing when you hook it [giantpune]
044CDECC 4800005C
*created by sm98*

giantpune tells me this code will only work if you have a USB Gecko. With a USB Gecko applying the code after launching the game, you can then apply any patch, but the code cannot be present when the game starts running.

xakmad said:
Dr C - thanks for the latest update

2 quickies, and have tried googling the first one several times in different ways:

BUT

b) any sign of the
"show ALL games (incuding hidden), BUT have hidden as 75% opaque and/or red dot,
and when i click on a hidden game, it still show the Database info (ie game descript,
but when i press A to start it asks for a password straight away (e.g. ABZC)"
that was the concise version
blink.gif

BTW SMG2 ntsc works fine on fat and 222 version of 57b4.

good to see oggzee still around - we are all still eternaly grateful - cheers!
grog.gif

as always - THANKS
bow.gif
gannon was working on the hidden covers. He's taken a break on it, though.

QUOTE(peppers @ May 24 2010, 05:20 AM)
I have a bug to report, Ive tried this with 2 different USB card readers (Miro sd) card it formatted in FAT and I use the latest 222 version I load cfg from the reader I tryed this from homebrew channel and forwarder, now for the problem after I launch cfg it will not allow me to read games from the reader till I unplugg it and then plug it back in. If I do that it will read from it no problem
Does any other USB Loader read them without unplugging? How about using IOS249 rev 19, does it read the drive OK?

mayu29

Trophies
XP
Country
Romania
Dr. Clipper said:
Some drives don't like switching to Hermes' IOS part way through. Others don't like being launched by Hermes' IOS. You just have the unfortunate case that your drive has both issues.

So if I buy an Western Digital My Passport Essential I'll solve these problems?

dlf

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Some hardrives just can't run as a USB loader to play Wii games. Some have more problems, some have less, some have none at all. I seem to recall a compability list here on the site that had what worked and didn't by size.

peppers

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Dr. Clipper said:
peppers said:
Does any other USB Loader read them without unplugging? How about using IOS249 rev 19, does it read the drive OK?

USB loader GX dose not have this issue.
and I use IOS rev 17 and hermise v5 cuz I have issues with outher apps with the latest version and have not tryed v19 with this configuration.

the card readers I am using specifically are

http://www.dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.24518
and
http://www.dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.23510

My micro sd-hc is branded Transend (8GB) and a generic 2 gb card in the other like I said b4 cfg can read them but for whatever reason pretends its not there till I unplug it and plug it back in, then it appears to work fine, I don't really care but I believe I should report any issues I come across

elmerohueso

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I want to run v57b4 as a channel. I don't want to run a forwarder channel because I want to be able to swap my SD cards around. I have the v40 channel that was pre-made. Is there an v57b4 channel already made? If not, how would I go about making one?

Dr. Clipper

Trophies
XP
Country
peppers said:
USB loader GX dose not have this issue.
and I use IOS rev 17 and hermise v5 cuz I have issues with outher apps with the latest version and have not tryed v19 with this configuration.
Can you try loading with IOS249 (rev 17 is OK), but starting a game with IOS set to 222-mload in its per-game settings? If that works, I may just make the option to set a different startup IOS to the IOS used for games.

Actually, try the following too:

1: Install 57b4 of Cfg (not the -222 version)
2: Add ios=222-mload to config.txt

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FQOFpDdg5rQ