Hacking Configurable USB Loader

pepxl

GFX W!Z4RD
Trophies
XP
Country
OGTiago said:
the music doesn't even play in when I select the game, it's weird. It happened with a different iso, now again with this iso.

Maybe I just need the PAL version.

no its corrupted, the fst in all f*cked up, get another copy

OGTiago

Trophies
Website
google.pt
XP
Country
pepxl said:
OGTiago said:
the music doesn't even play in when I select the game, it's weird. It happened with a different iso, now again with this iso.

Maybe I just need the PAL version.

no its corrupted, the fst in all f*cked up, get another copy
I did. It's a different version from yesterday, not scrubbed or anything.
sad.gif

Wii Backup Manager can actually load my game. (unlike the one I had yesterday)

What's the fst btw?

Bloodlust

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Hong Kong
Dr. Clipper said:
Bloodlust said:
Planning to update to ciosX rev19.. does the latest beta support it (57b4) with WBFS?
Yes. It supports it with FAT32 and NTFS (read-only for NTFS) formatting too.

Whoa, I had no idea that rev19 supports FAT32 partitions? So does cfg only work with ios38 as base for the 249 slot? Is 38 the recommended one to choose for now? Or should I use ios57? Thanks!

momin

Trophies
XP
Country
My problem with "error. Png invalid!" with many many covers I can not download them manually. There is some pack or something?

will fix it soon? any help?
frown.gif

Dr. Clipper

Trophies
XP
Country
momin said:
My problem with "error. Png invalid!" with many many covers I can not download them manually. There is some pack or something?

will fix it soon? any help?
frown.gif

There is no error. Cfg is just trying out several image URLs for your images. Check WiiTDB and so on to see if those covers actually exist for your game. If they exist there and Cfg isn't finding them, that's when you have a problem. If so, let us know the ID of the game (seen on the game options page of Cfg) and which cover you are looking for.

QUOTE(HeadHunt @ May 25 2010, 06:52 AM) How do I get a channel of ConfigUSBloader on my system menu? Which forwarder do I use and how do I install it?
http://gwht.wikidot.com/forwarder

leondmsmith

Trophies
XP
Country
Hey Dr Clipper, i try to download covers and it wont find them because they have numbers on the end but when i just search for the letters manually in Wiitdb it works? can i disable the numbers within config?

Dr. Clipper

Trophies
XP
Country
leondmsmith said:
Hey Dr Clipper, i try to download covers and it wont find them because they have numbers on the end but when i just search for the letters manually in Wiitdb it works? can i disable the numbers within config?
The WiiTDB images all require a 6 character ID in order to download them. Can you give an example of a game ID reported by Cfg and the image that you want to be downloaded for it?

transam81

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
@ Dr. Clipper, first of let me say i'm a big fan og cfg loader. that being said, my prob is with pop. i've been keeping tabs on this thread to see if anyone might have had the same prob as I (being that it involves freezing). ok this freezes at a specific point every time. i'm running pop on the latest 222 cfg 57b4 disable_pop_patch=0 and after the first couple of freezes I added disable_dvd_patch=1 as well, even though i'm not running it on 249v19. the took it off after the fourth freeze.

ok background out of the way pop freeze after 2:24 hr. i'm in the minagery of the myst, I leave the the save point hurdle a couple of spiked logs run over a spike trap, turn the corner and enter a room where there are 3 goons and a minatar, 1 spining pillar in the center and 1 more that runs the length of the wall.

i beat the enemies then scale the wall it goes 1 air pillar 3 blue hooks then 2 orange hooks. I make it to within 1 jump of the exit and as soon as i'm half way through the jump the game freezes (WTF) 4 times so far. because of this i'm stuck and can't advance any further in the game.

any response would be great, even if all i get is something like "go kick rocks". atleast i'll know you read it.

Dr. Clipper

Trophies
XP
Country
OK, you definitely need to have disable_dvd_patch=1 if you are using 222. disable_pop_patch is not needed, and in fact, I just discovered it's bugged anyway and actually disables the NSMB patch (oops, new version incoming
wink2.gif
).

Also make sure you aren't using any other patches for the game. All settings in the game settings should be Off or at their default. You should not be using return_to_channel in config.txt and you should not have a .wip file present in the base directory. If everything is set that way, the game should work.

mike10

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
This might be a dumb question but I am still really new to all of this

Is there a way to rearrange the order that the games show up in the Configurable USB Loader

Dr. Clipper

Trophies
XP
Country
mike10 said:
This might be a dumb question but I am still really new to all of this

Is there a way to rearrange the order that the games show up in the Configurable USB Loader
There are several.

First, you could use the pref_game option in config.txt that allows you to exactly specify the order of some games you would like to come first.

Second, you could use the sort features. You can sort by titles, no. of players, no. of online_players, publisher, developer, release date, play count, last played order or install date. You can specify the default sort via the sort option in config.txt, or you can assign the sort action to one of the buttons so that you switch sort methods at the push of a button.

Third, if you want to change the words ignored at the start of titles (the default list is 'a', 'an' and 'the'), change the value of the sort_ignore option in config.txt. Setting "sort_ignore=0" will be purely alphabetical, use a comma separated list of terms otherwise. You can even do phrases, so "sort_ignore = A, An, The Legend Of" will sort The Legend of Zelda as if it were just Zelda.

For more info on these options and how to use them, look here.

Dr. Clipper

Trophies
XP
Country
cfg v57b5 (beta5)
cfg57b5.dol
cfg57b5-222.dol
(or online update)
Changes:

cfg v57b5 (beta5)
* .wip patches now working
* fix for .txt cheat detection (some cheats were incorrectly identified as editable)
* New per-game option:
clear_patches = [0],1,all
When on (1) return_to_channel and the dvd check are disabled
When 'all', then all .dol patches are disabled
* disable_pop_patch fix

This makes it easier to get PoP working. Just set the Clear Patches field in the per-game options for PoP to All if you are experiencing difficulty. It also means you can re-enable return_to_channel in config.txt and set Clear Patches to On just for PoP. PoP will then be the only game which doesn't return to your specified channel.

cajon

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
I have created a new topic for my problem with WiiRD and USBGecko together with CFG Loader.
Can anyone, who has already managed to hook a game started by CFG Loader with WiiRD, post how to do it here

C.S.I.

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
OGTiago said:
Hey, I have a problem loading Smash Bros Brawl.

I have the NTSC version, my Wii is PAL.

I get this error:
wbfs panic: malloc fst

Wii freezes, have to turn it off by holding the power button on the Wii.

I had same issue, you need to remove any updates or other partitions from the ISO file, and just leave the Game Partition itself.

To do this, re-transfer the game to your HDD, and in options of your Convertor (I use Wii Backup Manager) , select "Keep Game Partiton Only".

Edit: Never affected Single Layer Games, Just SSBB.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    hunter x hunter
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    he has not allowed anyone to continue it for him for example
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @salazarcosplay, theres a dragon ball af mod for budokai 3
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    updated ship of harkinian, gonna install some hd texture pack
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    I might download rayman revolution for my ps3
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I may try the new ram site, and download more RAM to my Switch. Not sure if ddr3 is the right ram
    for it tho. Edit- no it uses floppy Ram, just like @AncientBoi
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    aeiou
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    And sometimes Z
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @K3Nv2, MAGA supporters be wearing tin foil hats lol.
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, whats maga?
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    It stands for Maniacs Against General Acceptance
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, people rejecting general consensus about stuff?
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yup, nuh its really just Trump followers
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, im not american so i dont care about trump
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    or us elections
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Me niether, us north Koreans don't care
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    good night
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    i don't care either, even if i'm american
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    truth be told, i agree with psi, i dislike both candidates, but i'd probably vote trump simply because the economy was better during his presidency
  • AngryCinnabon @ AngryCinnabon:
    Just be careful, if trump ends up winning and using project 2025 America might really change...for the worse.
    I'm not american and even that sends shivers down my spine.
    anything that offers trump an opportunity to become an actual dictator
    is bad in my book, i could care less if it wasn't for that...
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Canada: America's Russia
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    people are so dramatic that I can't even tell if they are being serious
    NinStar @ NinStar: people are so dramatic that I can't even tell if they are being serious