oggzee

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Slovenia
9th_Sage said:
oggzee said:
* Changed write_playlog to be a per-game option (Clipper)
So, to confirm...we have to go in and toggle this for every single game now if we want to use it? Or is there still a way to set it in a 'global' fashion?
All game options can be set globally, including this one.
If a game option is set globally then it is used for all those games that don't have the settings saved.
So you can enable it by default and then disable it in a few games for which you need to save settings.
Or disable it by default and then only enable it in a few games for which you need to save settings.

9th_Sage

Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
oggzee said:
All game options can be set globally, including this one.
If a game option is set globally then it is used for all those games that don't have the settings saved.
So you can enable it by default and then disable it in a few games for which you need to save settings.
Or disable it by default and then only enable it in a few games for which you need to save settings.
Ah ok, thank you. I thought that was the case, but I wasn't really sure. I guess that was something of a dumb question on my part.
wink.gif

john1010_ma

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Brazil
Tried the new alpha version (with the new toggle off/on play time for each game). The play stats for a Japanese game called Zangeki no Regiliev doesn't register itself in the Wii message board. Just the duration of play but the name doesn't show. Any workaround for this? Great work

Dr. Clipper

Trophies
XP
Country
john1010_ma said:
Tried the new alpha version (with the new toggle off/on play time for each game). The play stats for a Japanese game called Zangeki no Regiliev doesn't register itself in the Wii message board. Just the duration of play but the name doesn't show. Any workaround for this? Great work
What happens when you play the game from disc? I think this might be a case of the developers not setting the English version of the banner title. I only own one Japanese game myself, but I'll try it out to see if I can replicate that.

nikeymikey

This is now a Spiderman thread.........
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Am i right in thinking that if you use priioader to autoboot a forwarder to cfg, then the play stat feature does not work?

You have to launch cfg thru the system menu (hbc) to make it work?

beemisc

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have posted this question before and seems that it's due to uncompatible hard drive but I'd like to bring it back to see if it's still the case:

I am using Western Digital My Book 500GB with 1 NTFS partition. When launching the Configuration USB loader, it stops at the splash screen and the DVD light keeps blinking forever. It used to occur not very often but nowadays, it always reproed.

I am currently using Cfg USB Loader 53-fat. My workaround is, launching WiiExplorer before launching the loader. And this always fix the issue. Because of this, I think this might be fixable somehow in the loader itself, isn't it?

Thanks,

Dr. Clipper

Trophies
XP
Country
nikeymikey said:
Am i right in thinking that if you use priioader to autoboot a forwarder to cfg, then the play stat feature does not work?

Yes, Priiloader autoboot will cause the loader to fail. You can install a forwarder channel to avoid the HBC step, though.

tylerzentz

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I was going to check out the new brawl+ support with the new 54a but post-update has rendered SSBB unloadable. All my other games load just fine, and prior to this update SSBB loaded properly as well.

Dr. Clipper

Trophies
XP
Country
tylerzentz said:
I was going to check out the new brawl+ support with the new 54a but post-update has rendered SSBB unloadable. All my other games load just fine, and prior to this update SSBB loaded properly as well.
Do you mean it can't be loaded with cheats or it can't be loaded at all?

XFlak

Wiitired but still kicking
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
Dr. Clipper said:
nikeymikey said:

Yes, Priiloader autoboot will cause the loader to fail. You can install a forwarder channel to avoid the HBC step, though.

u could also autoboot to crazy intro or crazy intro video, and have crazy intro load the forwarder channel... if u make your video very short, this will essentially launch the usb loader instantly at start-up but now the play-stat feature will still work

boot process will look like this:
priiloader-->crazy intro video (as priiloader installed file)--> forwarder channel (u must know the title id and configure the crazy intro settings to launch it) --> sd:/apps/usbloader_cfg (or whatever your forwarder channel is set-up to launch) --> usb loader (but now u've launched it via the homebrew channel, so the play-stat feature should still work)

tylerzentz

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I mean when I boot up CFG Loader I get the list of games that are on my HDD and I can press A on them and then the options for the game appear. When I press A on SSBB however no options appear and the GUI remains void of text regardless of how long I let it sit there. The wii is only soft-frozen; I can press reset or power to end the freeze (power button does not need to be held down).

Dr. Clipper

Trophies
XP
Country
tylerzentz said:
I mean when I boot up CFG Loader I get the list of games that are on my HDD and I can press A on them and then the options for the game appear. When I press A on SSBB however no options appear and the GUI remains void of text regardless of how long I let it sit there. The wii is only soft-frozen; I can press reset or power to end the freeze (power button does not need to be held down).
Strange. Doesn't happen for me, but I never tried adding the cheats file. Can you try removing the cheats file from the SD and see if that fixes things?

nikeymikey

This is now a Spiderman thread.........
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
xflak40 said:
Dr. Clipper said:
nikeymikey said:

u could also autoboot to crazy intro or crazy intro video, and have crazy intro load the forwarder channel... if u make your video very short, this will essentially launch the usb loader instantly at start-up but now the play-stat feature will still work

boot process will look like this:
priiloader-->crazy intro video (as priiloader installed file)--> forwarder channel (u must know the title id and configure the crazy intro settings to launch it) --> sd:/apps/usbloader_cfg (or whatever your forwarder channel is set-up to launch) --> usb loader (but now u've launched it via the homebrew channel, so the play-stat feature should still work)

Do you have a link to crazy intro video please? I am gonna try what you suggested.
Also which forwarder channel would u recommend there are 3 on the 1st page of this thread lol

EDIT: Ive got crazy intro and a N_Forwarder from the 1st page, but, i really dont understand the config xml for crazy intro. What would i need to change from the example one to make it autoboot to that channel?

Dr. Clipper

Trophies
XP
Country
cfg v54a2 (alpha2)
cfg54a2.dol
cfg54a2-fat.dol
(or online update)

Changes:
cfg v54a2 (alpha2)
* Per-game playlog writing now uses the game's language setting to determine
the title to use.
* titles_url default now uses {DBL} instead of {CC}.
* Both titles_url and db_url can accept both {CC} and {DBL} tags now.

cfg v54a (alpha)

* Gecko OS 1.9 cheat engine aka Ocarina 2 aka Bralw+ support (by WiiPower)
* Changed write_playlog to be a per-game option (Clipper)
* fixed db_language AUTO setting and lang_to_cc function for Chinese languages. (Clipper)

Play logging fix is tested, but cheats remain untested.

tylerzentz

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Dr. Clipper said:
tylerzentz said:
Strange. Doesn't happen for me, but I never tried adding the cheats file. Can you try removing the cheats file from the SD and see if that fixes things?
I tried this already to no avail.

Dr. Clipper

Trophies
XP
Country
tylerzentz said:
Dr. Clipper said:
tylerzentz said:
I tried this already to no avail.
Try temporarily renaming your covers directory, or set your cover_style to a different option. Perhaps this is a corrupted cover crash that usptactical hasn't quashed yet...

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    I thought PS4/5 and Xbox One emulation would be kind of easy since they basically just a PC
  • ColdBlitz @ ColdBlitz:
    they sorta are a pc
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    They haslve dedicated on board chips that aren't tweaked like x64/x32 afaik
  • ColdBlitz @ ColdBlitz:
    but its a custom os for both of them
  • ColdBlitz @ ColdBlitz:
    designed for only specific hardware
  • ColdBlitz @ ColdBlitz:
    so you have to learn to emulate that specific hardware which isn't as easy as you'd think
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    It's a locked down Linux distro basically
    I think the only custom hardware is to do with the SSD and a security chip
    Probably combined in one chip
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    They place married security chips onto boards iirc
    Damn Frontier is offering 5Gbps now lol
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I honestly can't recommend any of the big 3 this years I'd say buy a rog ally z1 if we're being honest
    Honestly after the PS3 and 360 I just went full PC
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Every games basically cross platform they only have about 6 titles making it worth the $600 price tag
    Didn't see much need for a console, all the advantages have kind of disappeared
  • ColdBlitz @ ColdBlitz:
    the ps3 used to support installing linux because the cpu was so powerful
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Then the games are $70 and they want to reboot and refresh the same game every year
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    The ps3 was always Linux they just found a way to make it open source
  • ColdBlitz @ ColdBlitz:
    I'm avoiding buying from the big 3 at all atm
    At one point PC game pads where poorly supported, loading a game had setup, it was complicated. Now it's almost as easy as a console.
  • ColdBlitz @ ColdBlitz:
    nintendo needs to up their game soon
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Yeah even bt support for Xbox one controllers are just as easy as pairing
  • ColdBlitz @ ColdBlitz:
    considering the steamdeck can emulate the switch (yikes) theres almost 0 reason to buy the switch apart from playing online and using cartridges
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Xinput and 360 dongles were a driver nightmare
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I remember having to manually put in drivers and what not
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: I remember having to manually put in drivers and what not