nikeymikey

This is now a Spiderman thread.........
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
tylerzentz said:
QUOTE said:
@tylerzentz: Have you actually tried it and gotten it working?
You mean before it started acting up? Yes, it worked fine before the update. However you can disregard my issue as I have fixed it now. I deleted SSBB from the HDD and ripped it again and it solved the problem. I want to set up Brawl+ now. I have several files and folders for the mod but I don't know which ones are needed and where they belong. The official site doesn't provide much info either, so any help would be appreciated. Here is what I have:
-"codes" folder containing "RSBE01.gct" which is 11KB
-private\wii\app\RSBE\ directory containing several folders
-gameconfig.txt file which is 1KB (has codes for "pokeifequal")
-RSBE01.txt file which is 29KB and has a line towards the top reading "Brawlplusery Codeset vs.5.0 Beta"

Copy the RSBE01.gct to the codes folder inside your usb loader folder, not the one in apps, the one in the root of ur SD
Copy the private folder to the root of your SD
Copy gameconfig.txt to the root of your SD
RSBE01.txt you dont really need if you already have the gct.

Go to SSBB options enable ocarina and load the game, all should work fine.

xflak40 said:
nikeymikey said:
Just tried the crazy intro/ forwarder combo, and even after updating my config file to make sure the play log is on it still does not work. If I load it from the sysmenu then then playlog works and the game is in the play history on the sysmenu.
you're sure u pointed it to load the forwarder channel right? ie. you set the config file up to launch the channels 4 letter title ID (not the path SD:\apps\etc.)

Yep absolutely sure it points to the title id of the forwarder.

QUOTE(bert02 @ Feb 24 2010, 07:15 AM)
as i boot cfg thru priiloader i dont access the system menu can there be an option to load the system menu from within cfg like home=HBC
because every time i try n load the system menu priiloader kicks in and loads cfg again
it seems to load the system menu by reboot rather than loading the system menu directly

I have a System Menu ISO that can be lauched thru Cfg Loader. Thats how i get to the system menu with priiloader autoboot on. You are correct in saying it reboots, but using my iso it goes straight there without rebooting.

mjfisher

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Dr. Clipper said:
bert02 said:
as i boot cfg thru priiloader i dont access the system menu can there be an option to load the system menu from within cfg like home=HBC
because every time i try n load the system menu priiloader kicks in and loads cfg again
it seems to load the system menu by reboot rather than loading the system menu directly
I see a "return to" option get mentioned frequently in Priiloader discussions. Does home=exit with that "return to" set to the system menu work?

Edit: And if that doesn't work, can you please point to an application that does demonstrate the functionality you ask for? That way, we at least know that it is possible to do that with the way you have Priiloader set up and at best it lets us know how to do it
smile.gif

I think USB Loader GX can do it...but haven't used it in a while.

nikeymikey

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
mjfisher said:
Dr. Clipper said:
bert02 said:
I see a "return to" option get mentioned frequently in Priiloader discussions. Does home=exit with that "return to" set to the system menu work?

Edit: And if that doesn't work, can you please point to an application that does demonstrate the functionality you ask for? That way, we at least know that it is possible to do that with the way you have Priiloader set up and at best it lets us know how to do it
smile.gif

I think USB Loader GX can do it...but haven't used it in a while.

If the Priiloader option is set to "return to" system menu then it will load the system menu upon exiting a game with the home button. But if you autoboot to Cfg thru Priiloader then it will just reboot Cfg when you exit a game with the home button.

I have an ISO on my HDD that loads the system menu thats how i do it, and still have priiloader set to autoboot Cfg.

bert02

Trophies
XP
Country
how do i set this iso that loads the system menu

i have prii loader to boot to cfg and return to auto boot - (cfg) and thats how i want it but on the odd occasion i want to go to the system menu id like to access it thru cfg loader rather than having to turn it off and hold reset and do it thru priiloader
home=hbc works so i can access the hbc but still cant get to the system menu

the usb loader gx has an option to do that and hbc but if priiloader is set to auto boot it still does what priiloader wants

nikeymikey

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Im uploading my iso now. Link : http://www.mediafire.com/?kzjzjmh1mto

Just install it to your harddrive and load using ur usb loader, i use cfg and this works perfectly

Are u Pal or NTSC im not sure it matters because i think that its just a forwarder iso that boots the system menu.

Its a PAL iso anyway.

If you download this ISO and it works/doesn't work for you can u report back and state your setup so i can see if it works with some/all system menus..

Thanks

wiiuser2

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
bert02 said:
how do i set this iso that loads the system menu

i have prii loader to boot to cfg and return to auto boot - (cfg) and thats how i want it but on the odd occasion i want to go to the system menu id like to access it thru cfg loader rather than having to turn it off and hold reset and do it thru priiloader
home=hbc works so i can access the hbc but still cant get to the system menu

the usb loader gx has an option to do that and hbc but if priiloader is set to auto boot it still does what priiloader wants

I have 'return to' set to system menu in priiloader (v48). When you press home in CFG loader you will go the the system menu. If you press home in a game you will get two options: 1 wii-menu which brings you to the system menu and 2 'back' which will restart/reboot cfg loader.

Note: I am using an old gx-forwarder to be started by priiloader(v48) because this is the only forwarder which gives no code dumps after playing games in my case with Cfg loader (and have tried a lot others).
Drawbacks of using the gx forwarder:
1. this GX forwarder requires that cfg usb loader is in the apps\usbloader_gx (you should select a different apps folder for the GX loader if you want to use them both, but once addicted to the cfg loader you probably won't
closedeyes.gif
(with all respect to the GX coders by the way) ).
2. the GX forwarder shows the GX splash screen briefly at startup before starting Cfgloader. But this gives you a second to close your eyes and think about the meaning of life).

With this setup cfg loader is started automatically at startup and you can choose whether you want to go back to the system menu or restart CFG loader when quitting a game. Automatic updates of CFG loader working fine as well in the gx folder. I thinks that's all we want ?

nikeymikey

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
The "home" button when pressed in Cfg returns to the HBC.

Have you tried the Priiloader compatible forwarder on the 1st page of this thread, i use it without any code dumps at all.

EDIT : Using priiloader "return to" set to system menu, the home button in game does act like wiiuser2 says, but choosing "reset" when home button is pressed will reboot cfg but the playlog feature seems to work for the next game that is loaded. Can anyone confirm this???

Dr. Clipper

Trophies
XP
Country
nikeymikey said:
If the Priiloader option is set to "return to" system menu then it will load the system menu upon exiting a game with the home button. But if you autoboot to Cfg thru Priiloader then it will just reboot Cfg when you exit a game with the home button.

I have an ISO on my HDD that loads the system menu thats how i do it, and still have priiloader set to autoboot Cfg.

It's unclear whether you also set the "home=exit" option in config.txt as I suggested. Does that make the return to system menu possible?

nikeymikey

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Dr. Clipper said:
nikeymikey said:

It's unclear whether you also set the "home=exit" option in config.txt as I suggested. Does that make the return to system menu possible?

I did not set that option, mine is set to "home=hbc" i will try and see what happens

mjfisher

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
wiiuser2 said:
Note: I am using an old gx-forwarder to be started by priiloader(v48) because this is the only forwarder which gives no code dumps after playing games in my case with Cfg loader (and have tried a lot others).
Drawbacks of using the gx forwarder:
1. this GX forwarder requires that cfg usb loader is in the apps\usbloader_gx (you should select a different apps folder for the GX loader if you want to use them both, but once addicted to the cfg loader you probably won't
closedeyes.gif
(with all respect to the GX coders by the way) ).
2. the GX forwarder shows the GX splash screen briefly at startup before starting Cfgloader. But this gives you a second to close your eyes and think about the meaning of life).

I've got a version which I hacked up based on the GX forwarder which just has a black screen and goes straight to the cfg usb loader libraries. If you want it, let me know and I'll post it somewhere... Unfortunately I had a hard drive crash and lost my source, but happy to post just the .dol (Assuming I'm not breaking any rules by doing this). Works fine with no dumps in Priiloader. I take no credit for it though - it's pretty much all the GX guys' work...I just made a few minor changes to make it work correctly.

nikeymikey

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
There is already a Priiloader compatible forwarder on the 1st page of this thread!!!!!

Guess what?? IT WORKS!! NO CODE DUMPS!! NO PROBLEMS!!

@DrClipper. With "home=exit" set in the config, when the home button is pressed cfg still goes to hbc. strange??

wiiuser2

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
nikeymikey said:
There is already a Priiloader compatible forwarder on the 1st page of this thread!!!!!

on my Wii the forwarder from baduncles on the first page starts giving code dumps after playing 5-10 games. Not sure what is the root cause. Maybe there is a conflict between the three apps using the same memory space (priiloader/forwarder/cfg loader).
As said before, with the original GX forwarder no issues at all.

@mjfisher: happy to test your .dol (but will not be able to do so till Sunday evening)

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
I just overlooked your source code and i have to say ...

You have way too many direct exit(...) calls in there. Ok, on the other hand you have a nice HBC launch code. Here's what i'm using in NeoGamma instead of calling exit directly:
if (strncmp("STUBHAXX", (char *)0x80001804, 8) == 0) exit(0);
SYS_ResetSystem(SYS_RETURNTOMENU, 0, 0);

If the HBC reload stub is loaded, it returns to HBC, else it reboots the system. It's a change that became necessary in one of the newer libogc versions, but before you couldn't just execute exit(0) either without getting problems. (for the old libogc i had i check if the 1st byte at 0x1800 is != 0).

I guess your HBC load code combined with the above code is the optimal solution for exit to HBC.

oggzee

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Slovenia
WiiPower said:
I just overlooked your source code and i have to say ...

You have way too many direct exit(...) calls in there. Ok, on the other hand you have a nice HBC launch code. Here's what i'm using in NeoGamma instead of calling exit directly:
if (strncmp("STUBHAXX", (char *)0x80001804, 8) == 0) exit(0);
SYS_ResetSystem(SYS_RETURNTOMENU, 0, 0);

If the HBC reload stub is loaded, it returns to HBC, else it reboots the system. It's a change that became necessary in one of the newer libogc versions, but before you couldn't just execute exit(0) either without getting problems. (for the old libogc i had i check if the 1st byte at 0x1800 is != 0).

I guess your HBC load code combined with the above code is the optimal solution for exit to HBC.

The many exit() calls are mostly just quick handling of a fatal condition which normally should not occur, or various debugging related code.

The normal exit depends on the home button configuration, which can be either hbc, exit or reboot, so it allows you to specify the behaviour. But you are right, the reason why there is home=exit and home=reboot is that at that time I did not know how to detect if the exit stub is present or not, so i just made that an option. So now I can apply your check to the home=exit functionality to reboot in case the stub is not found, oh and the same can be applied to hbc as well, as you suggested...

tylerzentz

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I just got brawl+ set up and everything is working except the buffer. the handicap window still says "handicap" and changing its value doesn't tweak the buffer. is it working for anybody else?

nikeymikey

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
tylerzentz said:
I just got brawl+ set up and everything is working except the buffer. the handicap window still says "handicap" and changing its value doesn't tweak the buffer. is it working for anybody else?

As far as i know it was working when i tried it, but i am not sure now. I will try it out and see but it'll be a while, kids r home now so it kiddy crap time on tv. lol

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Oh God no :ohnoes:
    +2
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Pineapple is the safe word?
    But you said pine apple...
    Ughh gonna be bored today, class for new job has a lot of networking material and I'm certified in that already...
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Peen apple.
    +1
    "pine unf apple" doesn't count! Lol
    Employee code of conduct videos are awesome!!! Did you know eating the other employees is bad? I didn't know... Lol
    +1
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    Anymore males there? :blush:
    All of us lol
    I got free every channel so that's awesome lol
    +1
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    Give me ALL the gay pron channels, since you won't be watching them :blush::D
    +1
    Lol they exist?
    +1
    Hmmm so Mario Does Luigi's plumbing is a bad movie? Lol
    These videos are soooo dry
    Please click all suspicious links sent your email
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    What to do today? Cut grass for 3-4 hours, or just get drunk and play video games... Hmm
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I need a remote controlled mower, so I can sit on the couch and do both.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Sounds good to me, video games and booze it is then.
    +1
  • denpafan @ denpafan:
    Good choice
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Now what to play, Starfield or Fallout4. And what to drink, beer or Whiskey and Coke. Such tough decisions.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Looks like its whiskey & coke, only 4 beers left. And think ill start with Falllout. :grog:
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: Looks like its whiskey & coke, only 4 beers left. And think ill start with Falllout. :grog: