tylerzentz

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
QUOTE said:
Try temporarily renaming your covers directory, or set your cover_style to a different option. Perhaps this is a corrupted cover crash that usptactical hasn't quashed yet...
I renamed the covers directory but that didn't help. Is the cover style what you change with the down button? and should i rename the covers directory before testing with a different cover style?

XFlak

Wiitired but still kicking
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
nikeymikey said:
xflak40 said:
u could also autoboot to crazy intro or crazy intro video, and have crazy intro load the forwarder channel... if u make your video very short, this will essentially launch the usb loader instantly at start-up but now the play-stat feature will still work

boot process will look like this:
priiloader-->crazy intro video (as priiloader installed file)--> forwarder channel (u must know the title id and configure the crazy intro settings to launch it) --> sd:/apps/usbloader_cfg (or whatever your forwarder channel is set-up to launch) --> usb loader (but now u've launched it via the homebrew channel, so the play-stat feature should still work)

Do you have a link to crazy intro video please? I am gonna try what you suggested.
Also which forwarder channel would u recommend there are 3 on the 1st page of this thread lol

EDIT: Ive got crazy intro and a N_Forwarder from the 1st page, but, i really dont understand the config xml for crazy intro. What would i need to change from the example one to make it autoboot to that channel?

some of my crazy intro video's are HERE

even if u don't like any of the videos, u can download one just to examine the config files... it's pretty intuitive how it works once u take a close look at it. If u still have problems, just let me know

also, any forwarder channel will work, even one u've made yourself with customize mii

nikeymikey

This is now a Spiderman thread.........
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Just tried the crazy intro/ forwarder combo, and even after updating my config file to make sure the play log is on it still does not work. If I load it from the sysmenu then then playlog works and the game is in the play history on the sysmenu.

Dr. Clipper

Trophies
XP
Country
nikeymikey said:
Just tried the crazy intro/ forwarder combo, and even after updating my config file to make sure the play log is on it still does not work. If I load it from the sysmenu then then playlog works and the game is in the play history on the sysmenu.
I'm not surprised. From what I saw in the video, it doesn't go via the Wii Menu.

@tylerzentz: Have you actually tried it and gotten it working?

tylerzentz

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
QUOTE said:
You mean before it started acting up? Yes, it worked fine before the update. However you can disregard my issue as I have fixed it now. I deleted SSBB from the HDD and ripped it again and it solved the problem. I want to set up Brawl+ now. I have several files and folders for the mod but I don't know which ones are needed and where they belong. The official site doesn't provide much info either, so any help would be appreciated. Here is what I have:
-"codes" folder containing "RSBE01.gct" which is 11KB
-private\wii\app\RSBE\ directory containing several folders
-gameconfig.txt file which is 1KB (has codes for "pokeifequal")
-RSBE01.txt file which is 29KB and has a line towards the top reading "Brawlplusery Codeset vs.5.0 Beta"

DaFees

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Dr. Clipper said:
nikeymikey said:
I'm not surprised. From what I saw in the video, it doesn't go via the Wii Menu.

You raise an interesting question then: Is there any way to have a Wii set up so that it autoboots to CFG but works with things like the play stats, that and custom forwarders that point to the various channels (mii, photo, shop, etc.)? If it currently cannot be done then to that end is it even possible, period?

XFlak

Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
nikeymikey said:
you're sure u pointed it to load the forwarder channel right? ie. you set the config file up to launch the channels 4 letter title ID (not the path SD:\apps\etc.)

Dr. Clipper

Trophies
XP
Country
DaFees said:
Dr. Clipper said:
nikeymikey said:

You raise an interesting question then: Is there any way to have a Wii set up so that it autoboots to CFG but works with things like the play stats, that and custom forwarders that point to the various channels (mii, photo, shop, etc.)? If it currently cannot be done then to that end is it even possible, period?
The Wii Menu is the thing which adds the previously played game to the main log and sets up a new file for a game when you launch it from the menu. Cfg can only currently update that file if it was created by the Wii Menu.

There is one way that I know of that would work with autoboot, but it is a little complicated. You must have a way to access the Wii Menu and it makes your shutdown procedure a little more difficult. It goes like this:

1: Autoboot to Cfg (or to HBC and start Cfg with BootMii boot 2).
2: Without playing a game, return to the actual Wii Menu.
3: Start Cfg from the menu via HBC/forwarder
4: Play your game
5: To quit the game, return to the actual Wii Menu (hopefully through the Home button)
5a: Your game will be logged at this point.
6: Start a channel (any channel, but if you want to play another game, go to step 4 again)
7: Switch off Wii
7a: Leave your Wii off until you want to play a game again
8: Autoboot to Cfg (or blah from step 1)
9: Goto step 4

From then on, you should get logging going each time (repeating steps 4-9 for each game you play). What is happening here is that each time you quit a game, you return to the menu so that it is logged and you start a new channel to create a new log entry. You then switch off your Wii, and the next time the Wii autoboots, the log file will still be there and will be overwrittenby Cfg. Nothing will be logged until you return to the Wii Menu again, which you do at the end of each game. Note that if you use this method and you play two games in a row without returning to the Wii Menu in-between, only the second game will be logged.

@tylerzentz: I'm glad to hear you fixed it, but it turns out I pasted the wrong name there.
blink.gif

It was actually meant to be @xflak40.
shy.gif

So, uh, xflak40: have you actually verified whether this crazy intro thingy does the other Wii Menu stuff such as preparing to launch a channel. It looks like it's just a forwarder itself, which would mean the system menu setup of the logging features would never be accessed.

XFlak

Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
Dr. Clipper said:
So, uh, xflak40: have you actually verified whether this crazy intro thingy does the other Wii Menu stuff such as preparing to launch a channel. It looks like it's just a forwarder itself, which would mean the system menu setup of the logging features would never be accessed.
No I haven't actually tried to see if logging works with launching cfg loader via crazy intro (been away from the wii for a few days), but I thought it would work because I know it launches the same forwarder channel that is claimed to work if launched via the system menu... I didn't know about all the wii menu prep u referenced above... So I don't know if crazy intro does all that... it may or it may not... my bad for misleading people (dr clipper obviously knows a hella lot more on this than i do)... but it may still be worth looking into

Dr. Clipper

Trophies
XP
Country
xflak40 said:
No I haven't actually tried to see if logging works with launching cfg loader via crazy intro (been away from the wii for a few days), but I thought it would work because I know it launches the same forwarder channel that is claimed to work if launched via the system menu... I didn't know about all the wii menu prep u referenced above... So I don't know if crazy intro does all that... it may or it may not... my bad for misleading people (dr clipper obviously knows a hella lot more on this than i do)... but it may still be worth looking into
OK, it's not going to work then. It's not the forwarder that makes this possible, but the fact that the Wii Menu launches the forwarder. For play logging, you can use any method to start Cfg, as long as a channel was launched from the Wii Menu prior to that.

If there were going to be something that made this work, it would be a StartPatch/Priiloader hack that you could use to get the Wii Menu to launch a channel itself after it has done all it's initialisation (such as adding the previous game to the full log). I don't know anything about the Wii Menu coding, so don't know if it's possible, but I think that is the only way the whole thing could be automated.

jhoff80

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Okay, I've tried a bunch of different things. Does anyone have any suggestions why the custom_titles.txt won't work?

I'm probably overlooking something stupid, but I don't know.

Here's the contents of the file:

Code:
ROWE08 = Okami
RK6E18 = Kororinpa: Marble Saga
RHEEJJ = Gravity
RT3E54 = Table Tennis

I've got a wiitdb.zip file, but no other titles.txt file.

pepxl

GFX W!Z4RD
Trophies
XP
Country
jhoff80 said:
Okay, I've tried a bunch of different things. Does anyone have any suggestions why the custom_titles.txt won't work?

Code:
ROWE08 = Okami
RHEEJJ = Gravity
RT3E54 = Table Tennis

the way i got it working is by putting it in the ?:/usb-loader/ folder

jhoff80

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
pepxl said:
jhoff80 said:

Code:
ROWE08 = Okami
RHEEJJ = Gravity
RT3E54 = Table Tennis

the way i got it working is by putting it in the ?:/usb-loader/ folder

Yeah, that's the folder it's already in and it's not working, weird. I'm on v53, not any of the alphas, but I'd think it should be working since it hasn't been mentioned in the changelog since it was implemented.

Dr. Clipper

Trophies
XP
Country
jhoff80 said:
Because the correct name is custom-titles.txt
lecture.gif

Also, I suggest adding the macron back to the O on ?kami. Cfg supports it and the game isn't really ?kami without it.
smile.gif

Edit: Just thought I'd mention the mistake probably isn't your fault. README-CFG.txt was updated to make that consistent but it somehow got reverted along the line :s

bert02

Trophies
XP
Country
as i boot cfg thru priiloader i dont access the system menu can there be an option to load the system menu from within cfg like home=HBC
because every time i try n load the system menu priiloader kicks in and loads cfg again
it seems to load the system menu by reboot rather than loading the system menu directly

Dr. Clipper

Trophies
XP
Country
bert02 said:
as i boot cfg thru priiloader i dont access the system menu can there be an option to load the system menu from within cfg like home=HBC
because every time i try n load the system menu priiloader kicks in and loads cfg again
it seems to load the system menu by reboot rather than loading the system menu directly
I see a "return to" option get mentioned frequently in Priiloader discussions. Does home=exit with that "return to" set to the system menu work?

Edit: And if that doesn't work, can you please point to an application that does demonstrate the functionality you ask for? That way, we at least know that it is possible to do that with the way you have Priiloader set up and at best it lets us know how to do it
smile.gif

ChaosEnergy

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
i got crashes yesterday after updating cfgloader
still using 223v4 merged 37
middle/end of song it hung
very ugly repeating sound, sometimes the notes played few seconds, then hung

Dr. Clipper

Trophies
XP
Country
ChaosEnergy said:
i got crashes yesterday after updating cfgloader
still using 223v4 merged 37
middle/end of song it hung
very ugly repeating sound, sometimes the notes played few seconds, then hung
Were you doing anything else at the time, like scrolling through the game list, or was the loader simply idle?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: Good morning