Hacking Configurable USB Loader

techfreak713

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
bd3319 said:
I updated Hermes to v5 and updated config usb loader. the very first game i tried which was GH5 would not work att all. loaded config with 222. tried to run game with 222, 223 and 224. I didn't try any other games. Put hermes v4 back on and GH5 worked again.

4.1u system menu
249 rev17

To get that working, install v5 of 222 as normal (38 default) then install v5 on 223 merge 37, and then if you want, you can install 224 merge 57 (some say faster loading times, most games work with it, i tried mario kart and it does seem a bit faster).

Oh and to get Guitar Hero 5 working, change the cIOS in CFG to 223 for GH5. Press 2 to save permanently...

And voila, GH5 on CFG with v5 of hermes cios.

And to the person that asked about upgrading to v5, I've not had any issues yet, but if you use any other loaders, then waiting would be ideal. However CFG seems to be flawless, and merge 57 tends to be a bit faster on loading times. I will probably test other games to see if this is true.

tHciNc

Total Random
Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
techfreak713 said:
bd3319 said:
I updated Hermes to v5 and updated config usb loader. the very first game i tried which was GH5 would not work att all. loaded config with 222. tried to run game with 222, 223 and 224. I didn't try any other games. Put hermes v4 back on and GH5 worked again.

4.1u system menu
249 rev17

To get that working, install v5 of 222 as normal (38 default) then install v5 on 223 merge 37, and then if you want, you can install 224 merge 57 (some say faster loading times, most games work with it, i tried mario kart and it does seem a bit faster).

Oh and to get Guitar Hero 5 working, change the cIOS in CFG to 223 for GH5. Press 2 to save permanently...

And to the person that asked about upgrading to v5, I've not had any issues yet, but if you use any other loaders, then waiting would be ideal. However CFG seems to be flawless, and merge 57 tends to be a bit faster on loading times. I will probably test other games to see if this is true.

No merges anymore, thats the point of v5

222 = ios38
223 = ios37
224 = ios57
202 = ios60
Best installation options

wiiwaker

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Switzerland
tHciNc said:
techfreak713 said:
bd3319 said:

4.1u system menu
249 rev17

No merges anymore, thats the point of v5

222 = ios38
223 = ios37
224 = ios57
202 = ios60
Best installation options

Did the same installation
biggrin.gif

Muyfa666

Trophies
XP
Country
I used ios37 or 38 (don't remember exactly) to install cios202. Does it it make a difference? Should I reinstall it with ios60 instead?

bd3319

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
techfreak713 said:
bd3319 said:

4.1u system menu
249 rev17

Should i have deleted 222 and 223 first with any title deleter? i did the install of v5 like you said and GH5 didn't work. Also what ios to install? i used 249 before. don't know if that matters.

bd3319

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
bd3319 said:
techfreak713 said:
bd3319 said:

4.1u system menu
249 rev17

Should i have deleted 222 and 223 first with any title deleter? i did the install of v5 like you said and GH5 didn't work. Also what ios to install? i used 249 before. don't know if that matters.
i just reinstalled v5 and GH5 did not work until i blocked ios reload. when i exited the game to go back to wii menu it went to black screen and had to hard reboot. i tried other GH and they seemed to work ok. i did not delete 222 and 223 first.

Jabe

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Nothing new to translate on this v53 alpha version?
(Untranslated notes updated here).

I noticed some bug on v52 release (didn't test on v53 yet), I have the message about "Error storing playlog file" and if I press button A again it does load the game.

It happens when running game from Wii Menu (using Hermes ios 222 v4).

My question is: any way to fix this and not having to press A twice to launch game?

techfreak713

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
bd3319 said:
i just reinstalled v5 and GH5 did not work until i blocked ios reload. when i exited the game to go back to wii menu it went to black screen and had to hard reboot. i tried other GH and they seemed to work ok. i did not delete 222 and 223 first.

After doing some play testing, Ive found v5 glitches with hard drive read problems if you leave it idle on Guitar Hero 5. Like on the Wii strap message, if you leave it sitting, it will freeze. If you play a song, and then go on to the next one, it will glitch. So i recommend v4 of 223 with a merge of 37. Even though thats still not perfect.

So v5 cios 222, v4 223 merge 37, 224 ios 57 is my current setup, and i havent installed 202 yet.

202 is for USB devices and DVD in homebrew applications, right?

EDIT: Oh, and is there anyone out there that has their USB loader working without ever freezing? Specifically on GH5?
Cause I'm starting to wonder if I have a HDD problem with some of the freezes I'm getting.
On GH5, for instance, it will play through a random number of songs, and then eventually it will crash. The song will skip, and the note track will still move, along with on-screen characters, but you can't play any notes.

I have the actual game disc, and have re-copied the game, but it still does that occasionally, thus not the file on the HDD. Either the loader, cIOS, or my HDD.
frown.gif

Dr. Clipper

Trophies
XP
Country
Jabe said:
I noticed some bug on v52 release (didn't test on v53 yet), I have the message about "Error storing playlog file" and if I press button A again it does load the game.

It happens when running game from Wii Menu (using Hermes ios 222 v4).

My question is: any way to fix this and not having to press A twice to launch game?
One way to fix it would be to not use the write_playlog option. It won't be working for you if you get that warning. Let's try to work out why that is, though...

Please post your launch sequence from turning on the console to booting the game, precisely. For example, here is my current launch sequence:
[*]I turn on the Wii[*]BootMii as boot2 autoboots to the Wii Menu after a 1 second delay[*]I select pepxl's Cfg forwarder channel[*]I select and boot a game
Also, post any hacks to the system menu you might be using. For example, I use StartPatch with block updates and region free Wii games. I have never installed or used Preloader/Priiloader. My Nintendo IOSes are all in their natural state (no cIOScrap, Trucha patches, etc.)

Jabe

Trophies
XP
Country
France
I know I can disabled write_playlog option to avoid this bug but I really like this option and what's strange is that it does work and save game history on Nintendo Channel and message board.

My launch sequence is:
1. I turn on the Wii
2. BootMii as boot2 is disabled but was installed (I renamed bootmii folder into bootmii_off on SD card to turn it off)
3. Priiloader 0.3b replace warning health screen by wii menu (so warning health screen is disabled and it boots directly into Wii Menu)
4. I select Narolez forwarder (I don't know the real name, but Narolez is written on it)
5. I select and boot a game

Wii is 4.2 Pal French version and has this installation:
-Trucha Bug Restorer:
a) Downgrade IOS15
b) IOS15=>IOS36 Menu everything activated (slot 36 Patch IOS36)
c) Restore IOS15

-Any Title Deleter Mod used to delete ios249
-cIOS38 rev17 Waninkoko

-priiloader 0.3b installed as cios70 with settings activated:
a) Disable check HAXX, DVDX, RZDX verification
b) Block game updates
c) Block online updates
d) Disable anti copy protection
e) Move Disc Channel
f) Replace warning health screen by wii menu

-cIOSCORP v3.6 (Main installation)
-Hermes cios 222 v4
-cIOS Installer for USB2 by rodries for MPlayer

Tested on 3 Wii Pal: same problem or history storing.

What's wrong with this setup?

Dr. Clipper

Trophies
XP
Country
@Jabe:

The play log actually works, you say... That's weird. What is the exact error that you get? Perhaps try temporarily disabling your hacks and see if any of them affect it? I doubt it, but I could see region free channels or skipping the warning screen having an affect, maybe.

MrRochie

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
blink.gif
I was just wondering if anyone else has seen a problem with freezing when tring to view the fanned box view (the one where I can turn to the back cover) The USB loader either doesn't load the covers or shows a green bar then freezes then sends me back to the Wii menu... Im on 38 Rev14 Version 52 of the loader.... I have tried several 2gb sd cards same problem..... Any Ideas????
wacko.gif

wiiwaker

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Switzerland
It seems a bug in cfg. If a disk is inserted, cfg will hang in "233 mloading..." when booting a game on FAT32 partition. After waiting for several minutes, "An error is occured" pops up.
I'm using cfg v52 fat version and cIOS222 v4.

Edit: this error doesn't happen every time and the chance is very low...

Dr. Clipper

Trophies
XP
Country
MrRochie said:
blink.gif
I was just wondering if anyone else has seen a problem with freezing when tring to view the fanned box view (the one where I can turn to the back cover) The USB loader either doesn't load the covers or shows a green bar then freezes then sends me back to the Wii menu... Im on 38 Rev14 Version 52 of the loader.... I have tried several 2gb sd cards same problem..... Any Ideas????
wacko.gif
Yes, this problem has been covered several times in the last few pages. You have a corrupted cover, likely coming from Wiiboxart, which we are removing from the default list of URLs again. Take a look at the images in the full subfolder and you'll be able to find the bad ones as they'll look funny. The next version of Cfg will also have a patch that will ignore corrupted covers.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    It must be the 1st already
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    1st of what?
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    may?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Oh yeah it's in September
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BakerMan, yea i think its different
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    ok, because here it's in september, right before the fuckin school year starts
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    good night
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    as to you
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    How do you know if the night will be good when you're asleep
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    because i didn't say i was asleep
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    i said i was sleeping...
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    sleeping with uremum
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Even my mum slept on that uremum
  • TwoSpikedHands @ TwoSpikedHands:
    yall im torn... ive been hacking away at tales of phantasia GBA (the USA version) and have so many documents of reverse engineering i've done
    I just found out that the EU version is better in literally every way, better sound quality, better lighting, and there's even a patch someone made to make the text look nicer
    Do I restart now using what i've learned on the EU version since it's a better overall experience? or do I continue with the US version since that is what ive been using, and if someone decides to play my hack, it would most likely be that version?
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    @TwoSpikedHands, I'll preface this with the fact that I know nothing about the game, but, I think it depends on what your goals are. Are you trying to make a definitive version of the game? You may want to refocus your efforts on the EU version then. Or, are you trying to make a better US version? In which case, the only way to make a better US version is to keep on plugging away at that one ;)
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    I'm not familiar with the technicalities of the differences between the two versions, but I'm wondering if at least some of those differences are things that you could port over to the US version in your patch without having to include copyrighted assets from the EU version
    @Sicklyboy I am wanting to fully change the game and bend it to my will lol. I would like to eventually have the ability to add more characters, enemies, even have a completely different story if i wanted. I already have the ability to change the tilemaps in the US version, so I can basically make my own map and warp to it in game - so I'm pretty far into it!
    I really would like to make a hack that I would enjoy playing, and maybe other people would too. swapping to the EU version would also mean my US friends could not legally play it
    I am definitely considering porting over some of the EU features without using the actual ROM itself, tbh that would probably be the best way to go about it... but i'm sad that the voice acting is so.... not good on the US version. May not be a way around that though
    I appreciate the insight!
    TwoSpikedHands @ TwoSpikedHands: I appreciate the insight!