Hacking Configurable USB Loader

Wizard1

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
xflak40 said:
try running a program like wii backup manager or fat32 formatter to format ur drive as fat32, then try again

i recommend wii backup manager

Sweet that worked! Thanks so much, now gonna copy some wbfs files over and see if it works.

Its wierd because I tried a few other programs to force it into FAT32 but it never worked.

bert02

Trophies
XP
Country
bobthebigbat said:
bert02 said:
QUOTE said:
Just tried this forwarder with Priiloader 0.3b (r48M) and it doesn't set the App. Path correctly for doing online updates. It uses sd:/apps/usbloader instead of sd:/apps/usbloader_cfg. Is there a setting in config.txt to force it to update to the correct path?

if your using the cfg_forwarder(sd_usb-apps-usbloader_cfg).dol thats in that link it makes you change the directory to (usb/sd):/apps/usbloader_cfg as mine was (usb/sd):/apps/usbloader
there was an update to that file in the last 12 hrs so make sure u have the newer 1

this issue-handling page
shows to set the directory to usbloader_cfg

Sorry to have to post all this again, but it seems there is still some confusion as to what is happening.

I've got the following configuration:
CFG base: usb:/usb-loader
Loader Version: 51-fat
App. Path: sd:/apps/usbloader_cfg

I have the new, new forwarder from the link above installed in Priiloader 0.3b (r48M) and set to autoboot. CFG loads fine and I can launch the games, but when I try to do an online update from Global Options, CFG says the App. Path is sd:/apps/usbloader and thus fails to update because it can't find sd:/apps/usbloader/boot.dol to replace it with the new version.

I have tried changing the App. Path to sd:/apps/usbloader, usb:/apps/usbloader_cfg and usb:/apps/usbloader. CFG will only load if the App. Path is usb:/apps/usbloader_cfg or sd:/apps/usbloader_cfg (the forwarder doesn't work with sd/usb:/apps/usbloader) but the App. Path is still not correctly detected in CFG.

CFG always finds the correct App. Path when loading from System Menu Forwarder (CFG USBLoader - FDCL.wad, USBLoaderCFG_Forwarder-UCXF.wad, USBLoaderCFG_NForwarder-UCXF-Channel.wad) or the Homebrew Channel. Preloader 0.29 JODI with the old forwarders from the 1st post also seem to work fine.

So the problem is either Priiloader or the forwarder from baduncles. Can someone who knows something about forwarders make a simple forwarder based on a dol from one of the working wad forwarders, but with the new Priiloader entrypoint like the one in baduncles forwarder.
wacko.gif

so u want it to load under usb:/apps/usbloader not usb:/apps/usbloader_cfg ...? sounded the other way round in the other post maybe post on the issue handling wall link i posted and see if he can do something

Wizard1

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Does FAT32 use same command to load as FAT?

partition = FAT1
ios = 222-mload

Its giving me Invalid FAT1 Partition. Im using the FAT32 Formatted 64gb flash drive as noted from above posts.

Dr. Clipper

Trophies
XP
Country
bert02 said:
so u want it to load under usb:/apps/usbloader not usb:/apps/usbloader_cfg ...? sounded the other way round in the other post maybe post on the issue handling wall link i posted and see if he can do something
While that would solve the problem, that's not what he really wants. The forwarder should pass the correct full-path executable name of boot.dol to Cfg so that Cfg knows where the .dol is and can therefore update the correct file. Currently, it seems it is either sending the incorrect path or not sending the path at all and Cfg is choosing its default directory instead, which is apps/USBLoader. Both the HBC and the other forwarders (in their latest incarnations) properly pass the path information.

QUOTE(Wizard1 @ Jan 20 2010, 06:27 PM) Does FAT32 use same command to load as FAT?

partition = FAT1
ios = 222-mload
FAT is another way to refer to a drive which is either formatted as FAT32 or FAT16. Most of us use FAT and FAT32 interchangeably as there is no real reason to have a FAT16 drive (although they do work).

oggzee

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Slovenia
Wizard1 said:
Im getting Invalid FAT1 Partition. Im using the FAT32 Formatted 64gb flash drive as noted from above posts.
Is the drive detected ok?
It probably tells you to press A to go to partition selection, can you do that and let us know what partitions are listed?
Maybe take a picture of the partition screen and post it here.

Wizard1

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
oggzee said:
Wizard1 said:
Im getting Invalid FAT1 Partition. Im using the FAT32 Formatted 64gb flash drive as noted from above posts.
Is the drive detected ok?
It probably tells you to press A to go to partition selection, can you do that and let us know what partitions are listed?
Maybe take a picture of the partition screen and post it here.

Yes Loader tries to mount drive it says "ok" then invalid partition FAT1, then I press A for partition selection and it shows partition FAT1 not found and it has 4 banks that are unpartitioned shown. (0.00 Unused)

oggzee

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Slovenia
Wizard1 said:
Yes Loader tries to mount drive it says "ok" then invalid partition FAT1, then I press A for partition selection and it shows partition FAT1 not found and it has 4 banks that are unpartitioned shown. (0.00 Unused)
Is perhaps the drive initialized in windows using dynamic partitions?
That is not supported, the traditional (Basic) MBR partitioning has to be used.
To change that see this:
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/309044
How To Convert to Basic and Dynamic Disks in Windows XP

bobthebigbat

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Dr. Clipper said:
bert02 said:
While that would solve the problem, that's not what he really wants. The forwarder should pass the correct full-path executable name of boot.dol to Cfg so that Cfg knows where the .dol is and can therefore update the correct file. Currently, it seems it is either sending the incorrect path or not sending the path at all and Cfg is choosing its default directory instead, which is apps/USBLoader. Both the HBC and the other forwarders (in their latest incarnations) properly pass the path information.
I really don't care if the boot.dol is in usbloader_cfg or usbloader, just as long as the app loads and the correct full-path executable is passed so that updates work. For the time being I'll stick with preloader 0.29 JODI and nforwarder.
cool.gif

Wizard1

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
oggzee said:
Wizard1 said:
Is perhaps the drive initialized in windows using dynamic partitions?
That is not supported, the traditional (Basic) MBR partitioning has to be used.
To change that see this:
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/309044
How To Convert to Basic and Dynamic Disks in Windows XP

Using Windows 7.

Went through the steps and the "delete volume" option is shaded out. It is also defined as "BASIC" under type for Disk Management program.

Does Wii Backup Manager do a true format to FAT32? I only ask because after I use it to "format to Fat32" all files are erased BUT folders remain.

Asides from Wii Backup manager anyone know any other programs? Although my 64gb thumb drive was "formatted" by Wii Backup Manager to show as Fat32, when I use Windows to format it still gives me either exFAT or NTFS

Is there any feasibility in adapting the loader to accept exFAT? (for further development)?

Wizard1

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Dr. Clipper said:
Wizard1 said:
Asides from Wii Backup manager anyone know any other programs? Although my 64gb thumb drive was "formatted" by Wii Backup Manager to show as Fat32, when I use Windows to format it still gives me either exFAT or NTFS
http://www.ridgecrop.demon.co.uk/guiformat.exe

Tried that one, it refuses to format my drive, it keeps on complaining that its in use by another process when its not.

oggzee

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Slovenia
Wizard1 said:
Dr. Clipper said:
Wizard1 said:
http://www.ridgecrop.demon.co.uk/guiformat.exe
Tried that one, it refuses to format my drive, it keeps on complaining that its in use by another process when its not.
Maybe try aesus partition manager or gparted live cd...

Wizard1

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
aesus partition manager doesn't detect it because its a flash drive and not an actual mounted system hard drive.

Ill try gparted live i guess.

Thanks.

bert02

Trophies
XP
Country
bobthebigbat said:
Dr. Clipper said:
bert02 said:
I really don't care if the boot.dol is in usbloader_cfg or usbloader, just as long as the app loads and the correct full-path executable is passed so that updates work. For the time being I'll stick with preloader 0.29 JODI and nforwarder.
cool.gif
and since cfg loader update only works from usb:/apps/usbloader im guessing that u need a forwarder to to find it from usb:/apps/usbloader just ask the guy if he could make 1 with that location (as i stated in 1 of the previous posts) its probably not hard to change the directory and recompile the source

Burton

Real Life VIP and Educator
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Is there any way to scroll down the database info when I select a game?

For example:

{ game code Smash Bros.

200x - nintendo- 4 players

This game is about ...

Press A to continue
Press B to return
Press 1 for options

How do I get to see what's next after about?

*PS* I need to know what is this game about o I'll never get to know climax of the game
tongue.gif

oggzee

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Slovenia
Burton said:
Is there any way to scroll down the database info when I select a game?
[snip]
How do I get to see what's next after about?
*PS* I need to know what is this game about o I'll never get to know climax of the game
tongue.gif
There isn't (at the moment).
You can go to wiitdb.com, to get the full info of course
tongue.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @K3Nv2, Bad dragon +1