Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
kornychaos said:
I posted this in the IRC, but didn't feel like 'waiting'.. (;

What exactly are the WARNING: read errors?
After x amount of errors, it stops copying the game, yet it still adds the unfinished game to the library.
Shouldn't it automatically remove the unfinished game, maybe by checking the current size with estimated total before adding?

Also, if I press eject during these read errors, it scrolls many more of them fast until it finally gives up. (x amount or 25%?)
Only when I hit eject again will it actually spit out the disc.

Is there a log/debug file for the games I've ripped? (on the USB/SD drive in a text somewhere?)
Is there a way to auto-eject finished games, and have it automatically wait for another one instead of returning to the menu listing?
- If this were an option, I'd like to be able to still see the 'log' of the prior ripped game, just in case there was a read error..
I'd still like to have to hit A before it installs though, but toggleable.

I'll be able to post a video if need-be, but only if the developer has no idea what I'm talking about, haha.
It means exactly what it says on the tin, they are read errors. It's having trouble reading that game...it could have dust on it, be scratched, whatever.

bert02

Trophies
XP
Country
Dr. Clipper said:
bert02 said:
and since cfg loader update only works from usb:/apps/usbloader im guessing that u need a forwarder to to find it from usb:/apps/usbloader just ask the guy if he could make 1 with that location (as i stated in 1 of the previous posts) its probably not hard to change the directory and recompile the source
No, you're still not understanding correctly. Cfg Loader update can work from any directory, as long as the thing that starts Cfg Loader tells it what directory to use. The forwarder is not telling it that information (it is likely saying the executable name is "boot.dol" when it should be saying it's "sd:/apps/USBLoader_cfg/boot.dol"). This is probably a one line change in the forwarder code to fix it. Do we have the source? It would be easy to find where that bug is and fix it.
ah ok thanks for explaining it properly since i didnt understand how cfg works
hes only added the source hasnt actually updated it
it doesnt bother me as i just download the new file and put onto the hard drive

razorback78

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
oggzee, man thanks for informing and explaining to me about the fat32 capability of your loader in the other thread. i am currently using this loader now (shifted from uLoader) and really works great.

Burton

Real Life VIP and Educator
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
razorback78 said:
oggzee, man thanks for informing and explaining to me about the fat32 capability of your loader in the other thread. i am currently using this loader now (shifted from uLoader) and really works great.

Me too. Uloader is a great loader but each release brings stability in some areas and bugs in some others that were stable in previous releases and this loader on the contrary is much more stable with every new release. I have a curiosity about the playstats

what does these numbers means>?

R9DP78:1:1264005580

usptactical

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Burton said:
Me too. Uloader is a great loader but each release brings stability in some areas and bugs in some others that were stable in previous releases and this loader on the contrary is much more stable with every new release. I have a curiosity about the playstats

[gameId] : [playcount] : [last play time]

Burton

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
usptactical said:
Burton said:

Ok about the [last play time] how do I know what was the last play time based on these numbers? I mean these numbers tell me at what hour the game was played or a date or they are built in a manner that is solely for the Loader to understand.

Sorry for bothering with these silly questions
blink.gif

oggzee

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Slovenia
Burton said:
Ok about the [last play time] how do I know what was the last play time based on these numbers? I mean these numbers tell me at what hour the game was played or a date or they are built in a manner that is solely for the Loader to understand.
blink.gif
That's standard unix time, that is number of seconds since 1970.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Unix_time
You can use the online conversion here:
http://www.onlineconversion.com/unix_time.htm
In your example:
Wed, 20 Jan 2010 16:39:40 GMT

Burton

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
oggzee said:
Burton said:
blink.gif
That's standard unix time, that is number of seconds since 1970.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Unix_time
You can use the online conversion here:
http://www.onlineconversion.com/unix_time.htm
In your example:
Wed, 20 Jan 2010 16:39:40 GMT

Thanks for the Answer I undertand now.

razorback78

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Burton said:
Me too. Uloader is a great loader but each release brings stability in some areas and bugs in some others that were stable in previous releases and this loader on the contrary is much more stable with every new release.
i think so too. but what really made me use this loader is its stability for playing wii games in a fat formatted drive.

Burton

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
razorback78 said:
Burton said:
Me too. Uloader is a great loader but each release brings stability in some areas and bugs in some others that were stable in previous releases and this loader on the contrary is much more stable with every new release.
i think so too. but what really made me use this loader is its stability for playing wii games in a fat formatted drive.

Yes, I think this is the first loader to do that. To run games in fat hdd. In my case having games in fat make it easier to copy my backups from one location to another, zipping them, organizing them etc etc.

PS. I found this little program that let you convert unix time offline. This is useful for those of us that does not have too much online accesibility. Link below.

http://www.snapfiles.com/get/unixtimestamp.html

Dr. Clipper

Trophies
XP
Country
For those wanting to convert all the unix times at once, the Configurator has been displaying and allowing you to edit those times for about a week now. To see them:

1: Start Configurator
2: Go to the Game Settings tab
3: Click "Read existing settings.cfg" and find your file (this will automatically read playstats.txt at the same time)
4: Click on the "Manage other options" button
5: Scroll to the right to see the last play time column for all your games.

Note that you can edit those times in plain text to be any date/time and later save settings.cfg to write them back over the playstats.txt file.

One more hint is to run Configurator from the base directory as this will automatically load the titles file and prompt to read settings.cfg on startup.

PsyBlade

Snake Charmer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
For those new to their unix:

psyblade@exile ~ $ date +%s -d "Wed Jan 20 17:39:40 CET 2010"

psyblade@exile ~ $ date -d "@1264005580"
Wed Jan 20 17:39:40 CET 2010

wingw

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi, I'm new here so forgive my ignorance. I tried searching but couldn't get a definite answer. Can this usb loader load games from discs? Or should I just stick with neogamma?

wiixale

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Good evening.

I would like to ask a simple question (but it's more an idea than other) about a CFG Loader feature.

Now that the disc-loading is implemented, can the loader be booted without an USB HD inserted, so we can use the disc-loading functionality without being forced to attach a drive?

wiiuser2

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
ChaosEnergy said:
got several dumps after i quit a game with cfgloader started by the priiloader-forwarder
changed priiloader to exit to sysmenu instead autoboot, all fine
used same settings with priiloader v48 and the latest forwarder (from 18/1) but still have codedumps after I quit a game
wacko.gif
Any suggestions ?
changed back to preloader 0.29 and the old Nforwarder for the time being.

(4.1E, cfgloader51-fat, USB FAT hdd)

kaligula

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Hello,

thank you for this nice loader and your hard work.

i have downloade the source 50. i can´t finish it with devkitpro windows. hermes u loader is not a problem to finish it with make in devkitpro but the cfg 50 src makes errors. is there any files not in the download src or can you check the download src file? Sorry for my bad english i´m german and want translate it in german for me and my friends. I don´t have do anything at the download 50 src. So as he is it make errors at finish with "make" with devkitpro.

Dr. Clipper

Trophies
XP
Country
wiixale said:
Good evening.

I would like to ask a simple question (but it's more an idea than other) about a CFG Loader feature.

Now that the disc-loading is implemented, can the loader be booted without an USB HD inserted, so we can use the disc-loading functionality without being forced to attach a drive?
Yes, set device=SDHC and let it select the SD card.

QUOTE(kaligula @ Jan 22 2010, 10:20 AM) Hello,

thank you for this nice loader and your hard work.

i have downloade the source 50. i can´t finish it with devkitpro windows. hermes u loader is not a problem to finish it with make in devkitpro but the cfg 50 src makes errors. is there any files not in the download src or can you check the download src file? Sorry for my bad english i´m german and want translate it in german for me and my friends. I don´t have do anything at the download 50 src. So as he is it make errors at finish with "make" with devkitpro.
You need to use r17 of devkitpro.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: :ninja: