Hacking Configurable USB Loader

usptactical

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Here's a new Windows folder renamer for the TITLE [ID] format: rename_folders-title [id].zip

CODEFeatures:
- Renames existing ID_TITLE / ID TITLE / ID folders to TITLE [ID] format
- Uses titles.txt file for the game title
- Correctly supports UTF-8 character encoding

You need to place the .vbs file and the titles.txt file in the /wbfs folder (or wherever your game folders are).
Just double-click to run it.

ThaDraGun

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Dr. Clipper said:
ThaDraGun said:
Dr. Clipper said:
xflak40 said:
great work gannon!

do u think u can add a couple more categories that we can sort to?

1) Wiiware / VC forwarder ISOs
2) Utilities forwarder ISOs (ie. homebrew channel, internet channel etc.)
There are no flags for that information in the WiiTDB database, so that would be impossible to do automatically. For selecting these types, I suggest you use the profile features of the loader instead.

This is what I do:

I have parental settings enabled so what I do is mark the Wiiware as hidden. Then if I want to see/play them I unlock it and they all appear. It will take a while to setup tho if you have a lot cuz you have to hide each one individually. Or you can just mark them as favorites (if you dont use fav already) and then you just click the 2 button (I think) to show just the wiiware games.

------------
Anyone know how to Hide/block the new Menu from kids? I have the childproof on and it still allows access without password.
The Configurator makes it much easier to set your hidden games and favorites for each profile. You can just check them all off in the grid:
favorites.png

And gannon already posted that the next version will have a blockable - menu.

Thanks for the info

XFlak

Wiitired but still kicking
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
Dr. Clipper said:
xflak40 said:
great work gannon!

There are no flags for that information in the WiiTDB database, so that would be impossible to do automatically. For selecting these types, I suggest you use the profile features of the loader instead.

but all the wiiware iso's have title ID's starting with W (not R or S or w/e), and couldn't u use title ID's to sort any category imaginable?

just throwing it out there, what do u think?

julz1

Trophies
XP
Country
Does anyone else around here have Mario Strikers Charged, ive tried the pal and the NTSC version i know this is a really old game so if there is a fix already around please excuse me i used the search button which was really frustrating as it comes back with posts with the words mario in them

anyway the Pal version went straight to the wii menu, the NTSC version black screens do i need an alternate dol. 002 fix i tried loading from 249 and from 222

BenieUK

Trophies
XP
Country
julz1 said:
Does anyone else around here have Mario Strikers Charged, ive tried the pal and the NTSC version i know this is a really old game so if there is a fix already around please excuse me i used the search button which was really frustrating as it comes back with posts with the words mario in them

anyway the Pal version went straight to the wii menu, the NTSC version black screens do i need an alternate dol. 002 fix i tried loading from 249 and from 222

I have the pal version and working fine m8, using v50c and cIOS Rev15..

XFlak

Wiitired but still kicking
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
Dr. Clipper said:
xflak40 said:
great work gannon!

[sorry to double post, but i think this is a good idea and i don't want it to be overlooked. if some1 tells me it can't be done and to shut the f*ck up, i will, lol.]

but all the wiiware iso's have title ID's starting with W (not R or S or w/e), and couldn't u use title ID's to sort any category imaginable?

oggzee

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Slovenia
xflak40 said:
[sorry to double post, but i think this is a good idea and i don't want it to be overlooked. if some1 tells me it can't be done and to shut the f*ck up, i will, lol.]
Yes it can be done, but there's no need to double post, ... in other words shut the f*ck up!
smile.gif

gannon

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Even more bug fixes
gbasp.gif

Looking at removing the game options from the main menu, redundant with game options just as easily accessible, thoughts?

cfg v51b2
cfg51b2.dol
cfg51b2-fat.dol
(or online update)
Changes:
cfg v51b2 (beta2)
* More bug fixes
Loader no longer crashes when trying to sort or filter without a database.
Accented characters now show up in the synopsis.
Display of synopsis cleaned up and improved.
Entities now converted in the synopsis. (", etc)
Main menu will respect the disable_options configuration.
sort=play_count now works properly without reloading the game list.

cfg v51b (beta)
* Minor bug fixes
Loader will not wait for a button press in the event a database is not found.
Disc boot menu will show the proper database information.
* Changed db_url option and db_language option slightly
option: db_url = [http://wiitdb.com/wiitdb.zip?LANG={DBL}]
{DBL} will be replaced by the db_language value
option: db_language = [AUTO], EN, JA, German, etc
* option: "-asc" is no longer necessary to specify a sort as ascending.
* db_show_info no longer hides the hdd info or footer in the console.
* Added more game directory layouts: (by oggzee)
/wbfs/TITLE_[GAMEID]/GAMEID.wbfs
/wbfs/TITLE [GAMEID]/GAMEID.wbfs
/wbfs/TITLE[GAMEID]/GAMEID.wbfs
When loading games from FAT or NTFS
* Added {PUB} to cover url options.
{PUB} will be replaced by the last two characters of the ID (the publisher)
This can be used to do things like forcing NTSC covers for PAL games by
replacing {CC} with US and {ID6} with {ID3}E{PUB}

cfg v51a

* Wiitdb support. Can be downloaded inside the loader on the global options screen.
* Enhanced nunchuk support: C mapped to A, Z mapped to B
* Filtering of games based on certain criteria
* Sorting of games based on certain criteria
* Gameplay history
* Disc Loading
* New: Main menu accessible by pressing - or going to the global options screen.
Disc loading, sorting, filtering, and more options are located here.
* option: db_url = [http://wiitdb.com/wiitdb.zip?LANG={db_language}]
URL to download database from.
* option: db_language = [Console Language], EN, JA, German, etc
Language to use for the database. If invalid or not able to be displayed by the loader this will default to English.
Both country codes (EN) and languages (English) are valid.
* option: db_show_info = [1], 0
Show info loaded from the database.
* option: write_playstats = [1], 0
Write to the play history file.
* option: sort = [title-asc], etc
Change the default sorting method. Default is Title Ascending.

Valid sort options:
"title" => Title
"players" => Number of Players
"online_players"=> Number of Online Players
"publisher" => Publisher
"developer" => Developer
"release" => Release Date
"play_count" => Play Count
"install" => Install Date (This will only work with FAT or NTFS drives)

To use ascending add "-asc" to the option.
ie: sort = players-asc

To use descending add "-desc" to the option.
ie: sort = players-desc

maabus

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ever since i started using this loader I have been getting system files are corrupted after i play like 3 different games. From in game i have tried both return to wii menu and reset and both options will give me the error. I can unplug the wii for like 30 seconds and it will go back to normal. I have not added anything new to my wii, so I am not sure what is causing this.

Is the loader crashing my wii, or is the wii going bad?
Would a format or restore from bootmii fix this?

OncleJulien

tool of peers
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
maabus said:
Ever since i started using this loader I have been getting system files are corrupted after i play like 3 different games. From in game i have tried both return to wii menu and reset and both options will give me the error. I can unplug the wii for like 30 seconds and it will go back to normal. I have not added anything new to my wii, so I am not sure what is causing this.

did you install a forwarder wad to launch the loader? the loader doesnt 'install' anything in and of itself, so i'd take cfg out of the corruption loop in your troubleshooting.

9th_Sage

Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
maabus said:

This happens to me, but it stopped once I stopped using system menu channels to launch the individual games. I'd try just booting the HBC and loading the loader that way and seeing if it stops.

maabus

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks guys. I did install a forwarder, but I thought you would get any errors during installation. And once it worked it worked. I'll try launching directly from hbc and see if that clears it up.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    good night
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    as to you
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    How do you know if the night will be good when you're asleep
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    because i didn't say i was asleep
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    i said i was sleeping...
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    sleeping with uremum
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Even my mum slept on that uremum
  • TwoSpikedHands @ TwoSpikedHands:
    yall im torn... ive been hacking away at tales of phantasia GBA (the USA version) and have so many documents of reverse engineering i've done
    I just found out that the EU version is better in literally every way, better sound quality, better lighting, and there's even a patch someone made to make the text look nicer
    Do I restart now using what i've learned on the EU version since it's a better overall experience? or do I continue with the US version since that is what ive been using, and if someone decides to play my hack, it would most likely be that version?
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    @TwoSpikedHands, I'll preface this with the fact that I know nothing about the game, but, I think it depends on what your goals are. Are you trying to make a definitive version of the game? You may want to refocus your efforts on the EU version then. Or, are you trying to make a better US version? In which case, the only way to make a better US version is to keep on plugging away at that one ;)
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    I'm not familiar with the technicalities of the differences between the two versions, but I'm wondering if at least some of those differences are things that you could port over to the US version in your patch without having to include copyrighted assets from the EU version
    @Sicklyboy I am wanting to fully change the game and bend it to my will lol. I would like to eventually have the ability to add more characters, enemies, even have a completely different story if i wanted. I already have the ability to change the tilemaps in the US version, so I can basically make my own map and warp to it in game - so I'm pretty far into it!
    I really would like to make a hack that I would enjoy playing, and maybe other people would too. swapping to the EU version would also mean my US friends could not legally play it
    I am definitely considering porting over some of the EU features without using the actual ROM itself, tbh that would probably be the best way to go about it... but i'm sad that the voice acting is so.... not good on the US version. May not be a way around that though
    I appreciate the insight!
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    @TwoSpikedHands just switch, all the knowledge you learned still applies and most of the code and assets should be the same anyway
    and realistically they wouldn't

be able to play it legally anyway since they need a ROM and they probably don't have the means to dump it themselves
    why the shit does the shitbox randomly insert newlines in my messages
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It does that when I edit a post.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It inserts a newline in a random spot.
    never had that i don't think
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: never had that i don't think