Hacking Configurable USB Loader

oggzee

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Slovenia
Tristar said:
v50c might fix this for sd cards but I am getting the same ID mismatch error with 50c and my FAT USB drive.

The problem doesn't exist (for me at least) with versions prior to v50 - but of course the earlier versions can't run Peppa Pig.

So at the moment I must choose either Peppa Pig loading OR error-free loader, as there is no option to be able to run the game without also having the buggy NTFS support.
frown.gif
wacko.gif

v50 / 50c refuses to load Dora Saves the Crystal Kingdom with the following error

Error: setting up fragmens 0 3
ID mismatch: [R27X57] [R27X54]

Both numbers are apparently ID of the same game, but why the error? My game btw is R27X57.

A quick fix would be great - as both games are my daughters favourites
wink.gif
I was going to check if the beta versions had this error but they don't seem to be available any more.

Oh yes, after this error the program prompts to press akey to continue.

Pressing a key results in "exception (Program) occurred", block of numbers then Stack Dump: 80001800 --> 80b461b8

How come you get different IDs?
One is from the file/dir name the other is from the disc.
You could try renaming your dir/file so that it matches the disc id.
What did you use to create the files?

oggzee

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Slovenia
BONG4002 said:
pepxl said:
i dont no if its been asked before or possible yet or if its part of the new gecko code...

can different hook types be added for ocarina as some game require different hook types?

I have already asked this but unfortunately there is no response from oggzee, i think that he does not want to implement this which is pity...maybe some other coder can work on this? I do not know if the source of CFG is known, but if so then somebody else can do this perhaps?
smile.gif
Yes if someone wants to send me the required changes i will integrate them. v49 source is here:
Cfg_USB_Loader_49-src.rar
If you need the latest sources let me know.

liuabc

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks oggzee on the suggestion.

I tried v50c-fat, it works well for FAT on USB, but when it tries to load the game on sdhc, it takes a long time without result, I saw DVD lights flashing.
So I reboot Wii. Previous ID mismatch error did not show up this time.

--------------------------------------------------

Tristar said:
oggzee said:
Posts merged

liuabc said:
Hello,
I just tried Configurable USB Loader V50 on a FAT32 SDHC card. The config.txt looks like:
[......]
Please advise solutions to this.
Thanks.
Upgrade to v50c which fixes running games from SD/FAT.

v50c might fix this for sd cards but I am getting the same ID mismatch error with 50c and my FAT USB drive.

The problem doesn't exist (for me at least) with versions prior to v50 - but of course the earlier versions can't run Peppa Pig.

So at the moment I must choose either Peppa Pig loading OR error-free loader, as there is no option to be able to run the game without also having the buggy NTFS support.
frown.gif
wacko.gif

v50 / 50c refuses to load Dora Saves the Crystal Kingdom with the following error

Both numbers are apparently ID of the same game, but why the error? My game btw is R27X57.

wink.gif
I was going to check if the beta versions had this error but they don't seem to be available any more.

Pressing a key results in "exception (Program) occurred", block of numbers then Stack Dump: 80001800 --> 80b461b8

Tristar

Trophies
XP
Country
oggzee said:
Tristar said:

frown.gif
wacko.gif

wink.gif

How come you get different IDs?
One is from the file/dir name the other is from the disc.
You could try renaming your dir/file so that it matches the disc id.
What did you use to create the files?

How I got 2 different IDs - Your guess is as good as mine
The game was installed from the disc using configurable usbloader.
Since installing it I have run the 2 batch files to re-split games to 4GB blocks and then to put each game in its own folder.
Would / could that make any difference? Anyhow I have deleted and re-installed game and everything works now.
yay.gif
Fingers crossed it won't happen too often
unsure.gif

dcelso

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
oggzee said:
dcelso said:
Thanks oggzee.
I have several new questions.
The forwarder channel can start the "configurable usb loader" stored in a ntfs partition?
I tried the USBLoaderCFG_Forwarder-R3.rar that sais that can read "configurable usb loader" stored in a usb but does not work.
No, it cannot.

dcelso said:
I tried to load my mortal kombat armageddon backup (stored in ntfs, of corse) with configurable usb loader and after of the warnnig to sais the controller it goes to a black screen. Searching information it is because this game run another .dol and restart the IOS, it is that I tried to run again the game with block restart IOS but it continue giving the same result, this options does not work well for this game.
In game options change the alt.dol option to mk.dol (or is it mk7.dol? dont remember)

QUOTE(dcelso @ Dec 23 2009, 09:26 AM)
How can I acces to the option to rip a DVD game to my wbfs or fat partition? I don't find it.
Thanks, great job.
Press + inside the loader.

Posts merged
Thanks again you are god
biggrin.gif
. I continue having questions
frown.gif
I'm using waninkoko cIOS 36 rev14 (aka 249 ) and hermes cIOS 222 r4 (obtained with the installer of uLoader 3.3 in the recomended method), all seems works well but I have questions about if it is neccesary to have IOS 250 and IOS 223, and what is the differences betwen obtain cIOS 222 with the recomended method of the installer or merging ios 36 and 38 (the other method).

And talking about IOS, I know this is not the correct site, sorry, but, anybody know what is the IOS 236 that the USB Loader GX r874 need and what is its differences between IOS 249 or IOS 222.

Another question,
I'm usign a hdd with two ntfs partitions, I tried the normal dol and the alternative "fat" dol of configure USB Loader 50c using the forwarder channel and both give me the same result- They always sais at the begining that there is not a wbfs partition and I must select another partition or format one. Is there any dol "ntfs" version? or I am doing something bad.
Thanks.

pzyro

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
any chance of adding support for brawl texture hack codes- the ones with a gameconfig.txt? thats all i need as of now. im sure many people would appreciate it
blush.gif

Dr. Clipper

Trophies
XP
Country
robiul said:
which version of the dol I use for ntfs? fat or not?
Either, but FAT version might work slightly better. You will also need to change config.txt and/or settings.cfg to have "partition=NTFS1". If you do choose to go with the non-fat version, you will also need to add "ios=222-mload" to config.txt, or save options for every game to ensure they use IOS222 or IOS223 as their IOS.

dcelso said:
I'm using waninkoko cIOS 36 rev14 (aka 249 ) and hermes cIOS 222 r4 (obtained with the installer of uLoader 3.3 in the recomended method), all seems works well but I have questions about if it is neccesary to have IOS 250 and IOS 223, and what is the differences betwen obtain cIOS 222 with the recomended method of the installer or merging ios 36 and 38 (the other method).
IOS250 is installed at the same time as IOS249 automatically. You can't help it. It is exactly the same thing as IOS249. IOS223 allows you to have two different flavours of Hermes' IOS on the Wii, the flavours being which official IOSes you merged to install Hermes' IOS. You don't need to have two installed, but you should at least have one that is merged with IOS37 as music games seem to require that flavour.

QUOTE said:
And talking about IOS, I know this is not the correct site, sorry, but, anybody know what is the IOS 236 that the USB Loader GX r874 need and what is its differences between IOS 249 or IOS 222.
IOS236 is installed via TBR and I think its only use is to detect whether your other IOSes are stubs or not. It's really quite silly and useless if you ask me as any tutorial which gets you to install IOS236 should also give you the instructions to delete the stubs before installation when at 4.2. IOS249 is Waninkoko's IOS while IOS222 is Hermes'. They both do essentially the same thing but have slightly different characteristics. IOS249 is faster at installing games to the drive, but it has less drive compatibility than IOS222. IOS222 also has the ability to have external modules that can be loaded at runtime making it easy to write new features, whereas much of the source of IOS249 is still hidden. This is why oggzee was able to add non-WBFS support using IOS222/223 in Cfg.

Another question,
I'm usign a hdd with two ntfs partitions, I tried the normal dol and the alternative "fat" dol of configure USB Loader 50c using the forwarder channel and both give me the same result- They always sais at the begining that there is not a wbfs partition and I must select another partition or format one. Is there any dol "ntfs" version? or I am doing something bad.
Thanks.
The normal dol tries to load the first WBFS partition as default. The fat version tries to launch the first FAT partition. You can simply set your own value for this option in config.txt or settings.cfg (settings.cfg has priority). Thus, just add "partition=NTFS1" or "partition=NTFS2" to settings.cfg and/or config.txt and all will be well. The easiest way to edit these is with the Configurator, which is included in your v50 release version download, and also in the thread linked in my sig.

ChaosEnergy

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
wbfs_file:

How to convert wbfs files to iso
IF you have some mor egames and they are all in new folder structure...

I cant find a search fodler recursive switch

so shall i now move all wbfs back into main folder???

robiul

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
usptactical said:
robiul said:
Guys I need help, I've put a game iso on the root of my usb flash which I extracted using imgburn my flash drive is in ntfs, what do I have to do to get it to work though configurable usb loader?

Place iso in \wbfs folder. And of course, you need cios 222 installed.

not working

Dialexio

Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
The ISOs should be named by its 6-character ID (i.e.- New Super Mario Bros. Wii NTSC-U should be SMNE01.iso, Twilight Princess NTSC-U would be RZDE01.iso).

julz1

Trophies
XP
Country
robiul said:
usptactical said:
robiul said:
Guys I need help, I've put a game iso on the root of my usb flash which I extracted using imgburn my flash drive is in ntfs, what do I have to do to get it to work though configurable usb loader?

not working

wouldn't you be better off if you dumped the game using configurable loader rather then img burn. if its a dual layer and you cant dump because it fails on configurable loader then use uloader, it comes with 222/223 i use uloader to dump all dual layer games but i play them in configurable

robiul

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
julz1 said:
robiul said:
usptactical said:
robiul said:

not working

wouldn't you be better off if you dumped the game using configurable loader rather then img burn. if its a dual layer and you cant dump because it fails on configurable loader then use uloader, it comes with 222/223 i use uloader to dump all dual layer games but i play them in configurable

I'll try that

goku1980

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ok let me understand this right you guys finaly got ntfs working couple of questions
1.is it drag and drop?
2.dose it keep wbfs file size?

Dr. Clipper

Trophies
XP
Country
Brianwuz said:
To Dr. Clipper,
What is the possiblity of getting the configurator as a homebrew app? It would be less taking out the sd card.
Brian
Zero, unfortunately. The code wouldn't transfer in any way. I may try to get it working fully with FTPii, though. Currently you can read files via FTPii, but there is an error when trying to write anything.

What you can do already is save them to your local drive and then copy the files to the correct location with FTPii via Windows Explorer.

zurcuer

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I'm having a problem loading .wbfs games in a NTFS HDD.

The loader can recognize my games but it just won't start. Any ideas?

Thanks in advance

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • TwoSpikedHands @ TwoSpikedHands:
    Do I restart now using what i've learned on the EU version since it's a better overall experience? or do I continue with the US version since that is what ive been using, and if someone decides to play my hack, it would most likely be that version?
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    @TwoSpikedHands, I'll preface this with the fact that I know nothing about the game, but, I think it depends on what your goals are. Are you trying to make a definitive version of the game? You may want to refocus your efforts on the EU version then. Or, are you trying to make a better US version? In which case, the only way to make a better US version is to keep on plugging away at that one ;)
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    I'm not familiar with the technicalities of the differences between the two versions, but I'm wondering if at least some of those differences are things that you could port over to the US version in your patch without having to include copyrighted assets from the EU version
    @Sicklyboy I am wanting to fully change the game and bend it to my will lol. I would like to eventually have the ability to add more characters, enemies, even have a completely different story if i wanted. I already have the ability to change the tilemaps in the US version, so I can basically make my own map and warp to it in game - so I'm pretty far into it!
    I really would like to make a hack that I would enjoy playing, and maybe other people would too. swapping to the EU version would also mean my US friends could not legally play it
    I am definitely considering porting over some of the EU features without using the actual ROM itself, tbh that would probably be the best way to go about it... but i'm sad that the voice acting is so.... not good on the US version. May not be a way around that though
    I appreciate the insight!
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    @TwoSpikedHands just switch, all the knowledge you learned still applies and most of the code and assets should be the same anyway
    and realistically they wouldn't

be able to play it legally anyway since they need a ROM and they probably don't have the means to dump it themselves
    why the shit does the shitbox randomly insert newlines in my messages
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It does that when I edit a post.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It inserts a newline in a random spot.
    never had that i don't think
  • Karma177 @ Karma177:
    do y'all think having an sd card that has a write speed of 700kb/s is a bad idea?
    trying to restore emunand rn but it's taking ages... (also when I finished the first time hekate decided to delete all my fucking files :wacko:)
    @Karma177 that sd card is 100% faulty so yes, its a bad idea
    even the slowest non-sdhc sd cards are a few MB/s
  • Karma177 @ Karma177:
    @The Real Jdbye it hasn't given me any error trying to write things on it so I don't really think it's faulty (pasted 40/50gb+ folders and no write errors)
  • DinohScene @ DinohScene:
    run h2testw on it
    +1
  • DinohScene @ DinohScene:
    when SD cards/microSD write speeds drop below a meg a sec, they're usually on the verge of dying
    +1
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Samsung SD format can sometimes fix them too
  • Purple_Heart @ Purple_Heart:
    yes looks like an faulty sd
  • Purple_Heart @ Purple_Heart:
    @Psionic Roshambo i may try that with my dead sd cards
    +1
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    It's always worth a shot
    @The Real Jdbye, I considered that, but i'll have to wait until i can get the eu version in the mail lol
    TwoSpikedHands @ TwoSpikedHands: @The Real Jdbye, I considered that, but i'll have to wait until i can get the eu version in the...