Hacking Configurable USB Loader

meeces2911

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
Has anyone got Guitar Hero Metallica to work ?
Its the only guitar hero game i've got the doesnt work, when its backed up on the hard drive.
(the actual disc still works (bar the scratches))
GH 5 and 3 work fine.
I have cfg loader 50c-fat (or something like that)
i've installed hermes v4 cios222 and 223.

Its seems to load, then goes straight into an error screen:

nintendo wii said:
An errir has occured.
Press the EJECT Button, remove the Game Disc, and turn the power off....

Any thoughts ?

ps.
I've tried it as:
223-mload and 222-mload
002 fix on and off

illburntonight

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hey guys, I was wondering what to do if the cover art wasnt coming up. I'm running cfgusbloader v50 and running off a westerdigital mybook. I threw sonic and the secret rings on it and the game shows in the loader and runs fine it just has no cover art. I read it was a png file I need to get so I was wondering wheres the best place to find em and what do I do with them after I get em. Thanks.

liuabc

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello,

I have been using Configurable USB Loader for a while. It is very good and flexible.
However I frequently run into this problem. After I start Configurable USB loader from HBC,
sometimes (about 1 out of 3 times), the screen is just blank (normally the Configurable Loader logo should show up) and
the Wii goes dead. I have to reboot it.

I am using a USB HDD or USB Flash drive with WBFS partition. USB loader ver 48.
cIOS36 with IOS 249 (R11? ?) No IOS 222.

Please help.

Thanks.

mywiistuff

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
illburntonight said:
hey guys, I was wondering what to do if the cover art wasnt coming up. I'm running cfgusbloader v50 and running off a westerdigital mybook. I threw sonic and the secret rings on it and the game shows in the loader and runs fine it just has no cover art. I read it was a png file I need to get so I was wondering wheres the best place to find em and what do I do with them after I get em. Thanks.

Click on the game with A, press 1 on the wiimote to get to options, use the d-pad to scroll down to "Cover Image", then press right to connect and download the cover.... OH SWEET.. A MOOGLE
moogle.gif

junosque55

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I have to say this usb loader and this thread has been most helpful.

Got an old USB HDD 120GB sitting ard collecting dust and just decided to get it connected to the wii yesterday. Worked brilliantly with WBFS for games and another FAT partition to keep cover images and configuration / themes.

Works wonderful so far and got it running so quick. Thanks to everyone who contributed to this project.

Only thing that i hope can be improved is the forwarder channel that doesn't seem to blend well with the System Menu design. If only we can have a USB loader channel forwarder that loads similar to that of the disc channel but with a HDD spinning
biggrin.gif

Dr. Clipper

Trophies
XP
Country
liuabc said:
Hello,

I have been using Configurable USB Loader for a while. It is very good and flexible.
However I frequently run into this problem. After I start Configurable USB loader from HBC,
sometimes (about 1 out of 3 times), the screen is just blank (normally the Configurable Loader logo should show up) and

Please help.

Thanks.
This is probably a spindown thing. Upgrade your IOS249 as rev 15 has some spindown fixes compared to rev 11. If that doesn't help, IOS222 has even more spindown fixes, so you may want to install it after all.

Luriden

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My hard drive works fine with WBFS partition, but I recently formatted and want to make it an NTFS this time. I used the FAT version and it keeps saying it can't detect IOS 222, but I have it installed. I even reinstalled it with Hermes' installer and it still says the same message. Can someone point me in the right direction?

air2004

Air
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am having trouble with uloader , it sees wsr on the the thumb drive but I keep getting this erorr "error from the loader , disk ID is not equal " this game use to work .....I have cios corp installed , the new one ...how do I fix this ? or better yet how do I run games off the sdhc ? I have a 8 gig card , and I really wana play the new FF

liuabc

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks Dr. Clipper,

I upgrade IOS249, and so far the loader boots ok. The interesting thing is that I have to use the bottom USB port for the new IOS.
Now I am happy with Configurable USB Loader.

Dr. Clipper said:
liuabc said:
Hello,

Please help.

Thanks.
This is probably a spindown thing. Upgrade your IOS249 as rev 15 has some spindown fixes compared to rev 11. If that doesn't help, IOS222 has even more spindown fixes, so you may want to install it after all.

liuabc

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello,

I just tried Configurable USB Loader V50 on a FAT32 SDHC card. The config.txt looks like:
partition = FAT1
ios = 222-mload
video = ntsc
device = sdhc

I start the loader from HBC. It shows the Wii game list ok. I select one, press A to run

Error: setting up fragments 0 3
ID mismatch [RSPE01] [???] --> note: ??? is some weird characters
Error: set_frag_list: -1

Please advise solutions to this.

Thanks.

dcelso

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
oggzee said:
dcelso said:
¿Is possible to do a DVD backup directly in Wii? Something simliar that USB Loader GX do with WBFS partitions when you insert a DVD in the drive, it would be a great characteristic.
¡Installing of DVDs inside the loader is possible only to WBFS and FAT32 partitions!
Maybe to NTFS in the future too, but not at the moment.
Thanks oggzee.
I have several new questions.
The forwarder channel can start the "configurable usb loader" stored in a ntfs partition?
I tried the USBLoaderCFG_Forwarder-R3.rar that sais that can read "configurable usb loader" stored in a usb but does not work.

I tried to load my mortal kombat armageddon backup (stored in ntfs, of corse) with configurable usb loader and after of the warnnig to sais the controller it goes to a black screen. Searching information it is because this game run another .dol and restart the IOS, it is that I tried to run again the game with block restart IOS but it continue giving the same result, this options does not work well for this game.

How can I acces to the option to rip a DVD game to my wbfs or fat partition? I don't find it.

Thanks, great job.

oggzee

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Slovenia
dcelso said:
Thanks oggzee.
I have several new questions.
The forwarder channel can start the "configurable usb loader" stored in a ntfs partition?
I tried the USBLoaderCFG_Forwarder-R3.rar that sais that can read "configurable usb loader" stored in a usb but does not work.
No, it cannot.

dcelso said:
I tried to load my mortal kombat armageddon backup (stored in ntfs, of corse) with configurable usb loader and after of the warnnig to sais the controller it goes to a black screen. Searching information it is because this game run another .dol and restart the IOS, it is that I tried to run again the game with block restart IOS but it continue giving the same result, this options does not work well for this game.
In game options change the alt.dol option to mk.dol (or is it mk7.dol? dont remember)

dcelso said:
How can I acces to the option to rip a DVD game to my wbfs or fat partition? I don't find it.
Thanks, great job.
Press + inside the loader.

Posts merged

QUOTE(liuabc @ Dec 23 2009, 07:32 AM)
Hello,
I just tried Configurable USB Loader V50 on a FAT32 SDHC card. The config.txt looks like:
[......]
Thanks.
Upgrade to v50c which fixes running games from SD/FAT.

PsyBlade

Snake Charmer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
baffle-boy said:
Thanks sage, and I call shenanigans to skroooagh. I've got XP and it allows me to do that.
actually, i find it utterly impossible to make partitions on removable media in XP... at least not with the "computer management" tool. maybe i missed something, but im pretty sure its impossible.
Making partitions on "Removable Media" is indeed impossible in XP without additional tools.
The problem is elsewhere. Whether XP regards a Device as "Removable Media" or not is hardly determined by its physical properties rather than its Driver.
The Driver in turn can try to determin the properties or more likely just make a preprogramed assumption.
One of my internal sata controllers reports all connected Devices as removable while the external esata port flags everything as non-removable.

robiul

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Guys I need help, I've put a game iso on the root of my usb flash which I extracted using imgburn my flash drive is in ntfs, what do I have to do to get it to work though configurable usb loader?

Kkolko

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Kkolko said:
I have one small problem when using the new 50c-fat (which did fix SD card loading) and that is that pressing 'return to title screen' on the home button menu reboots the wii. This happens on a FAT formatted USB stick and SD cars. Everything else works great, so it really is a minor problem but I thought you might want to fix it
smile.gif
I see now that I've lied in this post. It only happens when loading a game (Boom Blox) from the SD card, USB stick works fine.

usptactical

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
robiul said:
Guys I need help, I've put a game iso on the root of my usb flash which I extracted using imgburn my flash drive is in ntfs, what do I have to do to get it to work though configurable usb loader?

Place iso in \wbfs folder. And of course, you need cios 222 installed.

robiul

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
usptactical said:
robiul said:

Place iso in \wbfs folder. And of course, you need cios 222 installed.

thank you you are my friend

Tristar

Trophies
XP
Country
oggzee said:
Posts merged

liuabc said:
Hello,
[......]
Thanks.
Upgrade to v50c which fixes running games from SD/FAT.

v50c might fix this for sd cards but I am getting the same ID mismatch error with 50c and my FAT USB drive.

The problem doesn't exist (for me at least) with versions prior to v50 - but of course the earlier versions can't run Peppa Pig.

So at the moment I must choose either Peppa Pig loading OR error-free loader, as there is no option to be able to run the game without also having the buggy NTFS support.
frown.gif
wacko.gif

v50 / 50c refuses to load Dora Saves the Crystal Kingdom with the following error

Error: setting up fragmens 0 3
ID mismatch: [R27X57] [R27X54]

Both numbers are apparently ID of the same game, but why the error? My game btw is R27X57.

A quick fix would be great - as both games are my daughters favourites
wink.gif
I was going to check if the beta versions had this error but they don't seem to be available any more.

Oh yes, after this error the program prompts to press akey to continue.

Pressing a key results in "exception (Program) occurred", block of numbers then Stack Dump: 80001800 --> 80b461b8

BONG4002

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
pepxl said:
i dont no if its been asked before or possible yet or if its part of the new gecko code...

can different hook types be added for ocarina as some game require different hook types?

I have already asked this but unfortunately there is no response from oggzee, i think that he does not want to implement this which is pity...maybe some other coder can work on this? I do not know if the source of CFG is known, but if so then somebody else can do this perhaps?
smile.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • TwoSpikedHands @ TwoSpikedHands:
    I just found out that the EU version is better in literally every way, better sound quality, better lighting, and there's even a patch someone made to make the text look nicer
    Do I restart now using what i've learned on the EU version since it's a better overall experience? or do I continue with the US version since that is what ive been using, and if someone decides to play my hack, it would most likely be that version?
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    @TwoSpikedHands, I'll preface this with the fact that I know nothing about the game, but, I think it depends on what your goals are. Are you trying to make a definitive version of the game? You may want to refocus your efforts on the EU version then. Or, are you trying to make a better US version? In which case, the only way to make a better US version is to keep on plugging away at that one ;)
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    I'm not familiar with the technicalities of the differences between the two versions, but I'm wondering if at least some of those differences are things that you could port over to the US version in your patch without having to include copyrighted assets from the EU version
    @Sicklyboy I am wanting to fully change the game and bend it to my will lol. I would like to eventually have the ability to add more characters, enemies, even have a completely different story if i wanted. I already have the ability to change the tilemaps in the US version, so I can basically make my own map and warp to it in game - so I'm pretty far into it!
    I really would like to make a hack that I would enjoy playing, and maybe other people would too. swapping to the EU version would also mean my US friends could not legally play it
    I am definitely considering porting over some of the EU features without using the actual ROM itself, tbh that would probably be the best way to go about it... but i'm sad that the voice acting is so.... not good on the US version. May not be a way around that though
    I appreciate the insight!
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    @TwoSpikedHands just switch, all the knowledge you learned still applies and most of the code and assets should be the same anyway
    and realistically they wouldn't

be able to play it legally anyway since they need a ROM and they probably don't have the means to dump it themselves
    why the shit does the shitbox randomly insert newlines in my messages
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It does that when I edit a post.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It inserts a newline in a random spot.
    never had that i don't think
  • Karma177 @ Karma177:
    do y'all think having an sd card that has a write speed of 700kb/s is a bad idea?
    trying to restore emunand rn but it's taking ages... (also when I finished the first time hekate decided to delete all my fucking files :wacko:)
    @Karma177 that sd card is 100% faulty so yes, its a bad idea
    even the slowest non-sdhc sd cards are a few MB/s
  • Karma177 @ Karma177:
    @The Real Jdbye it hasn't given me any error trying to write things on it so I don't really think it's faulty (pasted 40/50gb+ folders and no write errors)
  • DinohScene @ DinohScene:
    run h2testw on it
    +1
  • DinohScene @ DinohScene:
    when SD cards/microSD write speeds drop below a meg a sec, they're usually on the verge of dying
    +1
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Samsung SD format can sometimes fix them too
  • Purple_Heart @ Purple_Heart:
    yes looks like an faulty sd
  • Purple_Heart @ Purple_Heart:
    @Psionic Roshambo i may try that with my dead sd cards
    +1
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    It's always worth a shot
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: It's always worth a shot