BedtimeGuy

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
PenguinSlap said:
WAT IF U HAVE A NTSC WII BUT YOU HAVE A PALL GAME IS THERE A WAY TO PLAY
QUOTE(PenguinSlap @ Dec 21 2009, 11:49 PM)k
that was a joke... right???... RIIIGHT??
someone may have been spending too much time on 4chan
dry.gif

Mr_Q

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mr_Q said:
Hello,

As I could not find the answer in this thread and not using the commandline I will ask it here:
I would like to copy my ISOs to USB drive using wbfs_file (NTFS) to save space as it uses the 'sparse' function supported by NTFS.

As I would like to add a hash check to see if my ISO is still intact and not corrupted, I do not like converting it to WBFS and then to ISO. Is there a way to do this?

I know 'Wii Backup Manager' can do it, but I like wbfs_file more because I can integrate it in my context menu (right mouse click .iso --> copy to HD (sparse, 1on1)). I will be able to create this if I know the right command to use.

Thanks in advance..
It seems nobody is able to answer my question.
I assume it is not possible to go from .iso to drive:\wbfs\GAMENAME\gameid.iso ?
(directly, without converting it first to wbfs)

oggzee maybe?

ChaosEnergy

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
wwt is able to, but as wwt does not use the way like wbfs_file does, you end up in high fragmented iso files, so you have a lot of defrag work after that...

Mr_Q

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
ChaosEnergy said:
wwt is able to, but as wwt does not use the way like wbfs_file does, you end up in high fragmented iso files, so you have a lot of defrag work after that...
And that is one of the main reasons why I would like to use the original wbfs_file of oggzee.
Oggzee, can you tell if this is possible and if not, will you implement it? I guess it won't be hard to do because all features are already in.

Thanks in advance.

oggzee

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Slovenia
Mr_Q said:
And that is one of the main reasons why I would like to use the original wbfs_file of oggzee.
Oggzee, can you tell if this is possible and if not, will you implement it? I guess it won't be hard to do because all features are already in.
Thanks in advance.
It's not hard but I have little time, so.. maybe one day...

mousex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ChaosEnergy said:
No, the highest fragment count with wwt was 32 fragments in a 4Gb file for me using wwt.

bobthebigbat

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I stopped using the Priloader forwarder I had installed and started loading CFG_USBL from a Channel Forwarder, but now I'm have the old problem I had with the Priloader forwarder. I've tried several of the forwarders from the first post.
The problem is when I try to do the online update the "App. Path" is always detected as "sd:/apps/usbloader", however the boot.dol is actually in "sd:/apps/usbloader_cfg", so the update always fails.
I've gotten sick of trying different forwarders and have now moved the boot.dol to "sd:/apps/usbloader" so updates will work, but I would like to move it back to "sd:/apps/usbloader_cfg" so I can have multiple USB Loaders installed.
Can someone please suggest a Channel Forwarder that actually works correctly.

CFG base: usb:/usb-loader
Loader Version: 50c-fat
IOS222 (Rev 4) [FAT]
App. Path: sd:/apps/usbloader (ATM - I'd like to change it)

George Dawes

Wanker
Trophies
Website
www.indymedia.org.uk
XP
Country
Chad
Azhrei said:
I have Waninkoko's CIOS 249 rev 14, and Hermes CIOS 222 rev 4, and it still won't work. And as for Configurable USB Loader, what options should I choose to run the game with? CIOS 249? 222/3 mload? Error 002 fix? Alternative .dol? Nobody says anything about this, just "do this and then load Configurable USB Loader and you're away". And yeah, I have a WBFS 120GB USB drive.
Standard options, nothing needs to be changed. I use cIOS 249 rev 15 and all works fine, same with cIOS 222 rev 4.

oggzee

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Slovenia
mousex said:
ChaosEnergy said:
No, the highest fragment count with wwt was 32 fragments in a 4Gb file for me using wwt.
I guess you forgot to mention you were running wwt on either macosx or linux.
On windows my tests with wwt and wbfs_file 1.9 produced files with fragments in the range of 1000+.
While wbfs_file 2.0+ produced files with just 5 fragments (which is normal since it's 3 data blocks and 2 sparse blocks).
Until wwt includes the patch i posted it is not the optimal solution to create files to be played directly on ntfs.

Sacohen9665

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
George Dawes said:
Azhrei said:
I have Waninkoko's CIOS 249 rev 14, and Hermes CIOS 222 rev 4, and it still won't work. And as for Configurable USB Loader, what options should I choose to run the game with? CIOS 249? 222/3 mload? Error 002 fix? Alternative .dol? Nobody says anything about this, just "do this and then load Configurable USB Loader and you're away". And yeah, I have a WBFS 120GB USB drive.
Standard options, nothing needs to be changed. I use cIOS 249 rev 15 and all works fine, same with cIOS 222 rev 4.

For the most part games run fine with the standard or default option like George Dawes said, if you find one that doesn't work go in and change some of the settings. You've not going to break anything by experimenting.

Mr_Q

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
oggzee said:
mousex said:
ChaosEnergy said:
I guess you forgot to mention you were running wwt on either macosx or linux.
On windows my tests with wwt and wbfs_file 1.9 produced files with fragments in the range of 1000+.
While wbfs_file 2.0+ produced files with just 5 fragments (which is normal since it's 3 data blocks and 2 sparse blocks).
Until wwt includes the patch i posted it is not the optimal solution to create files to be played directly on ntfs.
And what about the Wii Backup Manager? Does that create highly fragmented files?

Mr_Q

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
fig2k4 said:
The released versions don't preallocate the ISO files, so they'll more than likely be fragmented, yes.
Is this still causing problems (on some games?) on the newer USB loader? Or is solved with the new(er) configurable usb loaders?

Mik3yZ

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Hi Everyone,

to begin: Configurable USB loader rocks...!

I was scanning through the thread and what Mr-Q said sounds like a very nice addition to the WBFS file app.
So if you find time i too would really appreciate the addition

oggzee

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Slovenia
Mr_Q said:
fig2k4 said:
The released versions don't preallocate the ISO files, so they'll more than likely be fragmented, yes.
Is this still causing problems (on some games?) on the newer USB loader? Or is solved with the new(er) configurable usb loaders?
It shouldn't cause problems. At worst it might load slightly slower, but practically not really noticeable.
My tests concluded that a highly fragmented file is about 10-20% slower, but compared to a DVD that is still about 300-400% faster, so it shouldn't be an issue. The actual approximate numbers with my hdd were:
13mb/s for non-fragmented wbfs partition.
13mb/s for non-fragmented files ntfs or fat
11mb/s for highly fragmented ntfs or fat
3mb/s for a retail DVD
2mb/s with a DVD-R.

dcelso

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hello to all,
I'm using configurable USB Loader with a disk with to ntfs partitions and I have several questions.

¿Is possible to do a DVD backup directly in Wii? Something simliar that USB Loader GX do with WBFS partitions when you insert a DVD in the drive, it would be a great characteristic.

¿Is possible have the homebrew applications (included configurable USB Loader) in the ntfs partition and load this configurable USB Loader of the ntfs directly from a channel using a channel forwader? I know that if the partition is fat and is the the first partition of the disk a is active The forwarder channel runs well but ¿what happen if the partition is ntfs?¿Could I brick the wii trying this said?
With this methot we can use backups without the necessity to have an SD.

¿Is possible to load configurable channel from the SD and after do that the application use the ntfs partition to load and save configuration files and covers?

Thanks fot this great project.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: