Hacking Configurable USB Loader

EeZeEpEe

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Anyone know why going from .wbfs to .iso gives a 4.7 GB files instead of the 4.38 GB I originally had? This happened the 2 times I've tried with wbfs_file_1.8 and 1.9. I have yet to try 2.0.

XFlak

Wiitired but still kicking
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
just a guess... but it may have to do with sparsing the iso, if u go to the properties of the converted ISO, it should have a MUCH smaller size on disk (relative to its size).

I could be wrong, but I'm sure it wont take long 4 oggzee to come along and share a brilliant explanation

Loganzin

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Ok I think I found a bug in wbfs_file2.0, thing is I converted a game of mine (PES2010) with it, and all went fine, it created a chunk (bigger than 4gb) and all ok.

However it did now create a subfolder by default, as oggzee stated.

Since I don't use subfolders what did I do? I just copied only the files to the USB of mine, I did not carry over the folder, just the txt and the 2 wbfs and wbf1 files.

When reading the game it gave me the hd num sector error, and it accused the game had 2.02 gb instead of 4.23gb (real value of it scrubbed in wbfs)

I then re downloaded wbfs_file1.9 and re converted the ISO and copied it to HD, deleting the one that didn't work.

To my surprise the game then was recognized with the right size and played normally.

So, I think wbfs_file2.0 has this bug, which I can't explain why happened but sure did happen to me, unless of course I'm doing something wrong with that subfolder stuff, if so please enlight me.

Anyway I hope my contribution helps.

Regards

oggzee

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Slovenia
Loganzin said:
Ok I think I found a bug in wbfs_file2.0, thing is I converted a game of mine (PES2010) with it, and all went fine, it created a chunk (bigger than 4gb) and all ok.
When reading the game it gave me the hd num sector error, and it accused the game had 2.02 gb instead of 4.23gb (real value of it scrubbed in wbfs)
So, I think wbfs_file2.0 has this bug, which I can't explain why happened but sure did happen to me, unless of course I'm doing something wrong with that subfolder stuff, if so please enlight me.

Thanks, yes I can confirm the problem and will try to fix it asap!
Till then I recommend using 1.9

if anyone has already created any .wbfs files with it they can be fixed with wbfs_file 1.9, by using:
mkdir temp
wbfs_file -f source.wbfs extract_wbfs_all temp
then in temp should be the fixed file. (hopefully)

LordVolk

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Good news!! thanks to the people who told me i was an idiot i went through all the steps again and it turns out... they were right! I was reading ios236 as ios36 so i installed wrong.. I'm a dumbass.

burritoboy9984

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
LordVolk said:
Good news!! thanks to the people who told me i was an idiot i went through all the steps again and it turns out... they were right! I was reading ios236 as ios36 so i installed wrong.. I'm a dumbass.

I seriously lol'd at that one... Well said...

-Erik

Loganzin

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
oggzee said:
Loganzin said:

Thanks, yes I can confirm the problem and will try to fix it asap!
Till then I recommend using 1.9

if anyone has already created any .wbfs files with it they can be fixed with wbfs_file 1.9, by using:
mkdir temp

Thanks my friend, I'm glad I could help.

Will test the new version as you as you release it.

Take care

oggzee

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Slovenia
wbfs_file v2.1
wbfs_file_2.1.zip
Included sources and binaries for windows, macosx, linux.

Changes:
v2.1:
* Fixed file preallocation on windows.
v2.0 caused the created files to contain additional blank padding
and so was reported as inconsistent (hd num sector doesn't match)
any .wbfs files created with v2.0 can be fixed by using:
mkdir temp

v2.0:
* Prevent output file fragmentation by doing
file preallocation for both .wbfs and .iso files.
* id_title will accept an .iso or a .wbfs file
and will no longer print the split file names, just the ID_TITLE string
* Create GAMEID_TITLE subdirectories by default
(this was previously enabled with -d option)
To revert to previous behaviour use -b option:
* new option
-b : Use base directory for created .wbfs files
* Included updated versions of a few utility scripts in
the scripts directory:
move_dirs.bat
move_dirs.sh
resplit.bat

(note: macosx and linux binaries are still v2.0, since those platforms are not affected by the bug and also I don't have the machines nearby at the moment to rebuild)

kroan

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm using the preloader method to boot up the usbloader v50 and I'm loading my games off of a USB hard drive. Is there any possible way to add a 1/2 - 1 second delay to the program boot up time, to give my hard drive a little more time to spin up? Without the extra time the program loads up and asks me to select a WBFS device, so I do that, and none of the box images load up nor does the theme. My current workaround is to turn the system on and wait for usbloader config splash screen to show up and then immediately hit the reset button, that gives my hard drive enough spin up time to load everything up properly.

Other then that, thanks for the awesome program!

oggzee

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Slovenia
Deviling Master said:
With NTFS support, is it possible introduce a sort by date of creation in the hard disk of the game?
Interesting idea, noted. But very low on the todo list.

oggzee

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Slovenia
kroan said:
I'm using the preloader method to boot up the usbloader v50 and I'm loading my games off of a USB hard drive. Is there any possible way to add a 1/2 - 1 second delay to the program boot up time, to give my hard drive a little more time to spin up? Without the extra time the program loads up and asks me to select a WBFS device, so I do that, and none of the box images load up nor does the theme. My current workaround is to turn the system on and wait for usbloader config splash screen to show up and then immediately hit the reset button, that gives my hard drive enough spin up time to load everything up properly.

If you are using ios249 then maybe try with ios=222-mload in your config.txt or using the cfg50-fat.dol version, which uses ios222 by default. These ioses have different hdd compatibility and handle spinups slightly differently, so you might get more luck with that... or not.

kroan

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
oggzee said:
kroan said:

If you are using ios249 then maybe try with ios=222-mload in your config.txt or using the cfg50-fat.dol version, which uses ios222 by default. These ioses have different hdd compatibility and handle spinups slightly differently, so you might get more luck with that... or not.

Worked perfectly, thanks a lot man!

Jabe

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hi!

Since I updated to cfg v50 I can't load game from FAT32 SD card anymore.

It used to work with v49 !

I have iOS222 (Rev 4).

Of course I'm using cfg50-fat.dol

Game is on SD card: wbfs/SMNP01_New_Super_Mario_Bros_Wii/ folder (and wbfs format, not iso)

My config.txt had this settings:
device = sd
hide_hddinfo=1
ios=222-mload
theme = NXE_transparent

gui_style = coverflow3d
gui_rows = 1

If I try normal version cfg50.dol (without ios=222-mload in config.txt) I have this message:
"switching to ios222 for fat support"
Then it doesn't load neither, even if I have some dots (...) of loading state.

The light of DVD is flashing/glowing.

Note: it works with USB Key NTFS Format but that's not what I'm looking for.

I have some normal SD card (not SDHC).

Any fix?

hllywood14

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
cman1783 said:
Sacohen9665 said:
hllywood14 said:
anyone using a seagate free agent go 320gb drive....for some reson I can't get mine to work although i am loading homebrew from it...

I think I got a 500GB Seagate Freeagent for my wife's system and it is running fine.

My 1.5TB Freeagent works great. My friend has a 500GB Freeagent that also work perfectly.

could you give me a hand in getting mine to work then????
running 4.2u
ios249 rev14..but have also tied 15
ios 222/223 ver 4
am at this moment running apps from the drive but i have tried 4 dif loaders but no go...

Bloodlust

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Hong Kong
hllywood14 said:
cman1783 said:
Sacohen9665 said:
hllywood14 said:
anyone using a seagate free agent go 320gb drive....for some reson I can't get mine to work although i am loading homebrew from it...

I think I got a 500GB Seagate Freeagent for my wife's system and it is running fine.

My 1.5TB Freeagent works great. My friend has a 500GB Freeagent that also work perfectly.

running 4.2u
ios 222/223 ver 4
am at this moment running apps from the drive but i have tried 4 dif loaders but no go...

Did you mark the partition active in which you use to store the games? That usually fixes it...

HemiSync

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
hllywood14 said:
cman1783 said:
Sacohen9665 said:
hllywood14 said:

running 4.2u
ios 222/223 ver 4
Every one I have setup with CFG Loader we have used USB Freeagent GO drives, 250, 320, & 500GB. The only time we saw the problem you are referring to and all the right CIOSes were installed was when one friend had it plugged into USB1 and not USB0. USB0 is the plug closest to the edge of the Wii. When it is plugged into USB1 the homebrew channel will stil see and run apps but when you start up USB Loaders you will usually get the wait 30 secs message and then a RET=1 before either going to a black screen or returning to HBC. Please be sure you have it plugged into the correct plug. If that doesn't fix it then give more info on what it is doing when your try.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: This parrot is no more it has ceased to be!