Hacking Configurable USB Loader

Armadillo

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Just installed this and have a question. I have an iomega prestige 250gb which according to the usb compatibility list works fine, yet when using cios 249 (rev 15), the loader sees it fine, sees all the games fine, can install games fine, just can't play them, when you try to load it just freezes on booting game
frown.gif
, any ideas why?

Good news though, is it works perfectly fine using hermes cios 222, so is there a way to set that default. I know I can click on games set it and save it, but is there no global option so it uses that by default?

XFlak

Wiitired but still kicking
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
Sacohen9665 said:
Dr. Clipper said:
The new ones I was referring to were the ones by pepxl found here (actually page 384, my mistake). pepxl's first one is a forwarder and his second one is a hybrid including v48.

Yeah he did a nice job on those. I installed them a couple of days ago, but Narolez did revise his so that choosing nothing does not force an ISO and then loads whatever is in the config.txt or what ever the loader calls for, in the case of the new loaders that Oggzee has made call call for cIOS 222.

so will the ones made by pepxl work? or should I use Narolez's? Do they both work?

sorry for the 'stupid' Question, but I didn't quite understand Sacohen9665's comments

helaciouscrumb

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Armadillo said:
Just installed this and have a question. I have an iomega prestige 250gb which according to the usb compatibility list works fine, yet when using cios 249 (rev 15), the loader sees it fine, sees all the games fine, can install games fine, just can't play them, when you try to load it just freezes on booting game
frown.gif
, any ideas why?

Good news though, is it works perfectly fine using hermes cios 222, so is there a way to set that default. I know I can click on games set it and save it, but is there no global option so it uses that by default?

If you're using a fat32 partition with your games than they can only be ran using cios222/223. Update using the fat-dol, or place, ios = 222-mload, in the config setiing

Sacohen9665

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
xflak40 said:
Sacohen9665 said:
Dr. Clipper said:
The new ones I was referring to were the ones by pepxl found here (actually page 384, my mistake). pepxl's first one is a forwarder and his second one is a hybrid including v48.

Yeah he did a nice job on those. I installed them a couple of days ago, but Narolez did revise his so that choosing nothing does not force an ISO and then loads whatever is in the config.txt or what ever the loader calls for, in the case of the new loaders that Oggzee has made call call for cIOS 222.

so will the ones made by pepxl work? or should I use Narolez's? Do they both work?

sorry for the 'stupid' Question, but I didn't quite understand Sacohen9665's comments

They both will work. The main difference is the one by pepxl is animated.

The forwarder used to force cIOS 249 to load if you did nothing, it has been re-written to force nothing to load.
This way if you have the config file set to ios = 222-mload it will follow those directions or if you are using the fat version of CFG USB loader, the loader is set to call cIOS 222.

Sorry if it was confusing.

cambric

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Italy
oggzee said:
Well, the informative id_title.txt file is also created there when installing or converting with wbfs_file and using the -d option.
But that file can be safely deleted as it is not used, and with the use of subdirectories there is no real need for it anymore.
Heh I'm sorry to have made so many layout changes... first 2gb split files then 4gb splits then directories... but hey, it's evolving...
wink.gif

Oggzee you do not have to be sorry at all.... you are just improving this awesome loader ....

Clearly, every change of direction has a side effect to the "followers", that are the smart and good people developing stuffs for the new FAT32 management... but I am sure that they understand well that this is necessary for improving the loader...
I can also immagine that some of the developers of other loaders are looking from a window waiting for a stabilized FAT32 organization to be implemented in their loaders...

What you can do is just to let us know what you consider the better default management of the games, so that everybody can converge there in the middle term...

In my honest opinion, the new organization based on game subdirectories inside usb:/wbfs/ is far better than the old one (in this very light I suggested some posts ago to set the option -d as the default in wbfs_file command).... if this is also your idea (and I think it is since you spent so many nights implementing it) just let us know and everybody will move to the new standard...

Re the id_title.txt files, if they are inside the subdirectories they give no troubles at all, hence they can remain there for possible future uses...

Thanks again Oggzee for your job

Cambo

hmaidhoff

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sacohen9665 said:
Dr. Clipper said:
hmaidhoff said:
I added the Hybrid loader via the wad package to create a new channel which for the most part works fine....

However, when I click on the channel it says press A for ios222 B for ios 223 and nothing for ios 249

when I go to press start with A, sometimes it comes up and says cannot find wbs do you want to format, and other times it comes up fine, and all my games are listed.... any ideas?

Thanks guys
There was a new hybrid posted back on page 388 that did not have that bug of forcing ios249. Try that. Alternatively, us Narolez' forwarder as there is very little need to have the hybrid channel.

Damm Clipper you beat me to it.

That was Narolez', but it has been posted on the first post too.

USBLoaderCFG_NForwarder - *new* (by Narolez)
Forwarder DOL and WAD for Configurable USB Loader with passing cIOS arguments: < http://cloud.github.com/downloads/Narolez/..._NForwarder.zip >

so should I delete the old hybrid wad, and then reinstall the new nforwarder???

daleybox

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Would it be possible to edit a gui-style or create a customized one, or is that something that is built into the code, which I suspect. Not that you need anymore styles or the ones you have aren't great, I was just wondering. I personally use the carousel style, but wondered if it would be possible to make the cover large like the coverflow_3d style for the selected one.

Armadillo

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
helaciouscrumb said:
Armadillo said:
frown.gif
, any ideas why?

If you're using a fat32 partition with your games than they can only be ran using cios222/223. Update using the fat-dol, or place, ios = 222-mload, in the config setiing

Using wbfs partition. Exact same setup works fine on usb stick, just with this drive freezes when trying to launch even though usb compatibility says works perfect and every other function is fine. Guess I'll just have to use cios 222, no big deal, I'll add it to the config then so it defaults to that. Thanks for the help.

Link5084

Sword & Shield at your service
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Does anyone here take the battery out of their Wii Remote when Config USB Loader is ripping the disc to the hard drive? So that the Wii Remote batteries don't get wasted?

pepxl

GFX W!Z4RD
Trophies
XP
Country
Link5084 said:
Does anyone here take the battery out of their Wii Remote when Config USB Loader is ripping the disc to the hard drive? So that the Wii Remote batteries don't get wasted?

nope, i have a wiimote dock that recharges the battery everytime you dock the wiimote, lol but is that a hint for a new feature like the one mplayer ce has that turns the wiimote off after a certain time limit

EDIT

anyway ill be upping my Forwarder Channels soon if anyone interested in those, they will be in the same style as the CFG forwarders 1 forwarder and 1 hybrid forwarder all with the latest app versions embeded where possible, ill probs be making a new topic for them like TroyTheZombie's with images and vids if possible.

alecroy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've been using Configurable USB Loader for a month or so and today when I enter the channel I lose connection to the controller and it will not reconnect till wii is rebooted. Anyone else having this or heard of this problem, I searched but couldn't find anything. No new games were added or changes made recently. Thanks for any info.

xzxero

♥bong milk does good for the brain♥
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
pepxl said:
anyway ill be upping my Forwarder Channels soon if anyone interested in those, they will be in the same style as the CFG forwarders 1 forwarder and 1 hybrid forwarder all with the latest app versions embeded where possible, ill probs be making a new topic for them like TroyTheZombie's with images and vids if possible.
awesome, looking forward to your work!
would it be just USB loaders?
how bout a Gameboy Advance one?
aha anyways, a fresh set of animated hybrid channels would be superb
biggrin.gif

looking forward to it

pepxl

GFX W!Z4RD
Trophies
XP
Country
xzxero said:
pepxl said:
awesome, looking forward to your work!
would it be just USB loaders?
how bout a Gameboy Advance one?
aha anyways, a fresh set of animated hybrid channels would be superb
biggrin.gif

looking forward to it
not to stray to far off topic but heres what i have so far

channellist.png

so basically

FD** = Forwarder .dol with splash
ID** = Internal .dol with no splash
NF** = Narolez Forwarder .dol with IOS argument

just a few more tests and tweaks to Triiforce and WiiXplorer and ill up what ive done so far in the next few days and i must say a first time attemp at some channels and ive think ive done myself proud for a channel newbie lol
grog.gif
plus its all in the apps lol
bow.gif

Link5084

Sword & Shield at your service
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
pepxl, I'm looking forward for your Config USB Loader channel forwarder. I think it should be pretty neat and have such great original music.

XFlak

Wiitired but still kicking
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
@ pepxl, sounds great! But can your tell me what u mean by "Narolez Forwarder .dol with IOS argument"?

and by internal dol do you mean it has actual apps boot.dol embedded?

lastly, have you checked if your mplayer forwarder can launch the new mplayer_ce v 0.76 without stack dumping on exit? I've looked into it and so far there isn't a channel that can do it (some say it has to do with the app itself, not the channel, so if u can boot 0.75 but not 0.76 don't be surprised)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: I am kind surprised no one has made a Pi to cart adapter for older systems... Like a universal... +1