Trophies
XP
Country
United States
EeZeEpEe said:
mousex said:
daleybox said:
xflak40 said:
yes, its still in the developing stages, so keep looking HERE for updates. But this app is the most promising, fig2k4 is doing a great job!

So this would be able to potentially convert a .wbfs file set from a FAT32 partition back to an ISO which could be burned to disc? Thanks, I'll look at the thread...
wwt/wit does it without problems.
wbfs_file_1.8 has done .wbfs to .iso fine for me too.

Great, thanks! I missed the fact that it could do both ways on the front page... While I'm in the asking mood, I'll go ahead and ask a couple more. Is it possible to rearrange the order the games appear on the screen, or is that actually handled by favorites, groups, etc.? Also, what is the major benefit to hiding the hddinfo in the fat build? Just a quicker load (I wasn't sure exactly what it turned off, not showing free space or something like that maybe)?

helaciouscrumb

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
oggzee said:
Can both of you put debug=1 to config.txt and let me know if anything else is printed?

I did debug but it still won't load past the splash screen. My SD card doesn't load on his wii either, which means I think that Demo, did something to his IOS's. Just dowloaded the Demo on my Wii and it doesn't affect my Wii, although my Wii was updated thru Dr. Clipper safe updater and not Nintendo. That is the only difference between our two machines.

oggzee

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Slovenia
helaciouscrumb said:
oggzee said:
Can both of you put debug=1 to config.txt and let me know if anything else is printed?

I did debug but it still won't load past the splash screen. My SD card doesn't load on his wii either, which means I think that Demo, did something to his IOS's. Just dowloaded the Demo on my Wii and it doesn't affect my Wii, although my Wii was updated thru Dr. Clipper safe updater and not Nintendo. That is the only difference between our two machines.
And going back to v47 or v47-fat works?

helaciouscrumb

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
oggzee said:

Sorry, none of the versions are working. I can't remember the program that tells me what ios and cios I have installed, but I'll look for it. Just not sure where to start. I don't think it is your loader Oggzee, i think it had to be something in that demo that effected his wii and not mine.

Dr. Clipper

Trophies
XP
Country
daleybox said:
While I'm in the asking mood, I'll go ahead and ask a couple more. Is it possible to rearrange the order the games appear on the screen, or is that actually handled by favorites, groups, etc.? Also, what is the major benefit to hiding the hddinfo in the fat build? Just a quicker load (I wasn't sure exactly what it turned off, not showing free space or something like that maybe)?
There's an option called pref_game for config.txt that allows you to create your own sort:

pref_game = GAMEID1, GAMEID2, ...

The IDs are the four digit IDs for the games. Any IDs not listed in the preference list are listed in alphabetical order (with the option sort_ignore allowing you to reorder titles like "The Legend of Zelda" to be filed under 'L') .

And reading FAT drives to get remaining space takes a LONG time (5-10 seconds for my 750GB partition). Hiding the hdd_info means that action doesn't need to happen. You can see how long it takes for you by just adding "hide_hddinfo=0" into theme.txt (or config.txt if you don't use a theme).

Dr. Clipper

Trophies
XP
Country
helaciouscrumb said:
oggzee said:

Sorry, none of the versions are working. I can't remember the program that tells me what ios and cios I have installed, but I'll look for it. Just not sure where to start. I don't think it is your loader Oggzee, i think it had to be something in that demo that effected his wii and not mine.

Try going through the steps for installing IOS249 and IOS222/223 onto a 4.2 Wii updated via Nintendo:

http://gwht.wikidot.com/IOS249
http://gwht.wikidot.com/hermes-ios222-223

helaciouscrumb

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Dr. Clipper said:
Try going through the steps for installing IOS249 and IOS222/223 onto a 4.2 Wii updated via Nintendo:

http://gwht.wikidot.com/IOS249
http://gwht.wikidot.com/hermes-ios222-223

Will do, I used your guide originally to modify both of our Wii's, great guide. I'll update shortly with the results

EDIT: Reinstalled ios249 and 222-223, all is working properly again. Thanks again. Any ideas as to how that happened exactly. Should I download the pokemon demo again and see if it happens a second time? Anyway thanks alot for the help and the great loader, guide and tools for it to work.

Dr. Clipper

Trophies
XP
Country
helaciouscrumb said:
EDIT: Reinstalled ios249 and 222-223, all is working properly again. Thanks again. Any ideas as to how that happened exactly. Should I download the pokemon demo again and see if it happens a second time? Anyway thanks alot for the help and the great loader, guide and tools for it to work.
Nice to hear it. That is very interesting if they are hiding updates in demos these days. Did you have BootMii installed as boot2? Is it gone? Are you sure the demo is the only thing that was installed? You haven't run the update on the NSMB disc, for example?

helaciouscrumb

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Dr. Clipper said:
helaciouscrumb said:
Nice to hear it. That is very interesting if they are hiding updates in demos these days. Did you have BootMii installed as boot2? Is it gone? Are you sure the demo is the only thing that was installed? You haven't run the update on the NSMB disc, for example?

No I didn't have bootmii on his Wii, I'll install it right now to boot 2, and then download the demo and see if it changes anything. Update shortly

EDIT: Just installed bootmii as boot2. Downloaded the demo again and everything is still there. I don't know what he did exactly, but it was something. We don't have NSMB yet, it's in his Christmas stocking from Santa. Oh well. Thanks again.

pdawg17

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can someone explain in nOOb language how to make Configurable USB Loader autoboot? I can't seem to get it working...I have downloaded USBLoaderCFG_Forwarder...isn't that what I need? Where do I put the dol? Do I need to rename it to boot.dol or as long as I install it with Preloader should it work?

BedtimeGuy

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Cyman said:
usptactical said:
Cyman said:
Why is my New Super Mario Bros. Wii WBFS file called NSMP01.wbfs and 377MB in size?
Even after putting it into the wbfs folder in the root of the device, I can't get it to run.
I tried a couple of different settings like the 002 fix, country fix, trying it with IOS 222 and 223, but no success.
Maybe I need another copy of the game?
BTW, I am running a PAL Wii.

Are you sure it's not SMNP01.wbfs? SMN is the game code for NSMB. And it's smaller because it's been scrubbed.

You need to use cios 222 for FAT games to even show up so sounds like you're OK there. Are you using cfg v48?
You should just be able to press A and run it without changing any game options.

edit:
Ah OK. If it's NTSC, try changing the video to System Default

Yeah, you're right, it was just a mistake of mine with the file name in my post, it's indeed called SMNP01.wbfs.
Anyway, I downloaded the PAL version, so none of the options worked. I tried it loading with default options as well as trying out some of the options. None worked as I already stated.
I am downloading other versions now to try it again and yes, I am using v48 of the Loader.

sounds like what happened to me, i have tried two copies of the NTSC version (from two different dumpers) and a PAL copy, none work for me. do you get the "an error has occurred, please eject the disk, turn off the system add check the wii manual, blah blah blah etc." message? i wonder what it is? i thought i had done something wrong, but if you are getting the exact same problem, that suggests otherwise. maybe ill save up 60$ and buy it, by not eating... at all.

and pdawg, you need to install preloader, and get the forwarder .dol from the forwarder package, then install that into preloader and set it to autoboot the .dol. there is many guides that are stickied to help with intalling preloader.

Sacohen9665

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
pdawg17 said:
Can someone explain in nOOb language how to make Configurable USB Loader autoboot? I can't seem to get it working...I have downloaded USBLoaderCFG_Forwarder...isn't that what I need? Where do I put the dol? Do I need to rename it to boot.dol or as long as I install it with Preloader should it work?

If you mean boot directly to the loader when the system is turned on, you need Priiloader and once that is installed you need to take the DOL and install it in Priiloader and then configure Priiloader to autoboot to the installed file.

I have the dol for the forwarder installed in Priiloader so that it points to the dol for the loader and that way you can still do online updates to the loader without haveing to change the Priiloader dol every time.

pdawg17

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
baffle-boy said:
and pdawg, you need to install preloader, and get the forwarder .dol from the forwarder package, then install that into preloader and set it to autoboot the .dol. there is many guides that are stickied to help with intalling preloader.

I have preloader installed and have done this:

1) Put forwarder.dol in root of SD card

2) Went into preloader and picked to install dol

3) Highlighted dol and installed (said it was completed successfully)

4) Changed autoboot to dol

When booting Wii, I see the Bootmii screen and then the screen goes blank and the Wii locks up...I did have a different dol installed before but doesn't installing the new dol get rid of the old one? If not, how do you uninstall the old one?

Bootmii .ini is set to autoboot to system menu...isn't that correct?

Dr. Clipper

Trophies
XP
Country
pdawg17 said:
baffle-boy said:

I have preloader installed and have done this:

1) Put forwarder.dol in root of SD card

2) Went into preloader and picked to install dol

3) Highlighted dol and installed (said it was completed successfully)

4) Changed autoboot to dol

When booting Wii, I see the Bootmii screen and then the screen goes blank and the Wii locks up...I did have a different dol installed before but doesn't installing the new dol get rid of the old one? If not, how do you uninstall the old one?

Bootmii .ini is set to autoboot to system menu...isn't that correct?
Silly question, but you do have the loader installed on the SD card in one of the correct directories, right?

pdawg17

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Dr. Clipper said:
Silly question, but you do have the loader installed on the SD card in one of the correct directories, right?

Not silly...don't assume that I know anything...I'm pretty new to this...

My ConfigUSBLoader boot.dol is on the SD card in: apps/USBLoader/

Btw...what is supposed to happen when you select "Installed file" in Preloader? When I do that I get an error with a dump code...

pccfatman

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi Everyone,

I have been diligently working for the last couple of days on Simple WBFS file manager

Here is an updated version to 2.3.0.0
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=AKDDEIS1
Update to 2.5 http://www.megaupload.com/?d=OZT7AA8Y

Lots of changes in this version, I have done tons of testing and bugfixing, please let me know if I missed anything. I hope you enjoy it and find it useful. Love it or hate it let me know.

Changes are as follows:
Cleaned up some functions to perform faster
Fixed bug - Could not add .iso to WBFS formatted partition
Fixed a bug that would not allow file functions in the root directory of a drive
Rewrote the download routine for titles.txt to be more efficient
Removed display of console windows (wbfs_file.exe is now a hidden process)
Relevant console output is now displayed in a dialog window at the end of processing
Added Progressbars for transfer and convert functions
Changed WBFS Drive selection to only display WBFS formatted partitions
Changed some wording to be consistant with multi-file environment
The program will no longer list non Wii .iso files
Added custom_titles.txt and an editor to manage the file to allow custom title display for games
Added Multi-File Processing - Yay no more one file at a time
Updated to use wbfs_file.exe version 1.8

LxTrix

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
oggzee said:
newwolf said:
Hey,
I just updated to 46b and my wbfs drive gives a error "wbfs error: hd num sector doesn't match"
When I had 46a2 there wasn't this problem is there somethink to fix this?
(yes I know a little bit back I also mentioned some problem with my partition)
Maybe this can fix it.
grz.,
Newwolf
Oh that's an unfortunate coincidence for you, while implementing the partition= option, i re-enabled the wbfs partition size consistency checks, and so it errors out on you because you have made an unsupported partition resize. I might change that error to a warning in the release. But what I suggest you do is copy your games off the partition, reformat the wbfs partition and copy the games back, so that you have a consistent state. With the way you have it now it's just waiting for a corruption to happen, by either installing additional games overwriting the partition that follows the wbfs partition, or writing to the partition that follows corrupting your games. Depends of course of the partition size and the used amount.

I'm having this same issue on 48. Why does this happen? I'm guessing the only option is to reformat it?

pccfatman

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
QUOTE said:
I'm having this same issue on 48. Why does this happen? I'm guessing the only option is to reformat it?

Sounds like a perfect excuse to format to fat32
smile.gif

smf

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
helaciouscrumb said:
The only difference is he downloaded the Pokemon Rumble Demo last week, and it hasn't been tried since, doubt this has anything to do with it but maybe.

There was a shop update recently, which would reinstall the stub ios.

Tristar

Trophies
XP
Country
@helaciouscrumb

only fix for me so far is drop back to earlier version

BTW - does v48(release) now work after you re-installed ios249 and 222-223?

@ogzee

I put debug = 1 in config.txt

It got passed the splash screen and printed heaps on the screen (which now is showing the background of my theme)

Output includes stuff like.....

Apps path, covers path, Themes path, hidden games etc. etc

Then "Press a key to continue"

Pressed a key - it then shows

Fat32 device, 30 second timeout, mounting device .... and stuff (all seems ok, no errors shown)

Music Enabled, Searching for mp3s, music.mod (or something like that - still no errors)

Then "Press any key to continue"

Pressed a key, writing is cleared from screen - then hangs there...

OK - they're not the exact words that are displayed on screen - but you get the picture
wink.gif

Going back to any earlier version works fine

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Right onto uremums 3d printed dildo