Hacking Configurable USB Loader

cfp999

Trophies
XP
Country
After I updated to cIOS38 r14 (in order to get GH5 to work) something strange has happened: USB Loader now insists on trying to automount my SD-card instead of the HDD - regardless of any device = settings in config.txt.

This is how it looks:

Fat32 mount: SD (SDHC)

[USB Mass Storage Device]

[+] Mounting device, please wait...

1 2 3 4 5 ..

The countdown starts almost immediately, and I am not able to use the controls. What could possibly be wrong here?

pepxl

GFX W!Z4RD
Trophies
XP
Country
cfp999 said:
After I updated to cIOS38 r14

1 2 3 4 5 ..

The countdown starts almost immediately, and I am not able to use the controls. What could possibly be wrong here?

you tried the other USB port by any chance?

oggzee

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Slovenia
cfp999 said:
After I updated to cIOS38 r14 (in order to get GH5 to work) something strange has happened: USB Loader now insists on trying to automount my SD-card instead of the HDD - regardless of any device = settings in config.txt.
This is how it looks:

1 2 3 4 5 ..
The first line (Fat32 mount: SD (SDHC)) is just info which device is used for FAT partition access, which is the SD card.

The second line [USB Mass Storage Device] tells you which device is used for WBFS partition, which is the USB HDD.

If it doesn't work, try changing USB ports, or, as mentioned before, try installing IOS 222, and add ios=222-mload to your config.txt

It has been reported before that ios249 rev14 would have worse USB HDD support for some USB-HDD devices compared to rev10 or rev13 or rev 222. It depends on the device really, some might get better result with rev14.

cfp999

Trophies
XP
Country
oggzee said:
If it doesn't work, try changing USB ports, or, as mentioned before, try installing IOS 222, and add ios=222-mload to your config.txt

Thanks guys. That did the trick! HDD is now recognized. Although GH5 is still not working. IOS 222 mload is loading, but I end up with a black screen. Will try to play around with other settings.

Pip_X

Trophies
XP
Country
Malaysia
oggzee said:
cfp999 said:
This is how it looks:

1 2 3 4 5 ..
The first line (Fat32 mount: SD (SDHC)) is just info which device is used for FAT partition access, which is the SD card.

The second line [USB Mass Storage Device] tells you which device is used for WBFS partition, which is the USB HDD.

It has been reported before that ios249 rev14 would have worse USB HDD support for some USB-HDD devices compared to rev10 or rev13 or rev 222. It depends on the device really, some might get better result with rev14.

For example, my thumbdrive cannot works with Hermes v4, but work with Hermes v3 and wani rev14. And my HDD work with Hermes v3, Hermes v4, but cannot works with Wani rev14. Gotta install all cios~

bnm81002

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
zektor said:
bnm81002 said:
zektor said:
Thank you so much for your help and testing oggzee
smile.gif

Configurable USB Loader Hybrid v44b:

http://sharebee.com/47975643

I was just going to wait until v44 final hit, but it works now and it has been literally weeks working with this thing. MUCH help from Narolez, as well as oggzee. The channel is now as good as I think it'll ever get, with SD and USB forwarding...as well as passing arguments to both the dol you are forwarding to as well as the internal dol. I got sick and tired of using someone else's channel, so I did up my own. It is not animated, it is basic. Love it or hate it. I asked for someone to donate a little time make up a good channel, but I got not a single PM
frown.gif
No big deal tho...I think for the most part it looks decent and serves the purpose. Download and you be the judge
smile.gif

are you going to make a v44 Hybrid Channel or will this be the latest Channel until v45 comes out?

I'll most likely make a v44 final...then v45 after that and so on. I just wanted to get something out there since I have been talking about it long enough
smile.gif

v44 has officially been released, now can we have the v44 hybrid channel
smile.gif

Jodiskett

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Dr. Clipper said:
Jodiskett said:
could you fix the home button
with that
home =exit
home=reboot
or
home=HAXX
home=JODI
thanks a lot
The return to the new HBC works for me. Works for oggzee too. What is your setup?

i have normal config
CODE
# USBLoader config
# lines starting with # are comments
# see README-CFG.txt for help on options
device = usb

home = exit

covers_path_2d = sd:/apps/usbloader/covers
covers_path_3d = sd:/apps/usbloader/covers/3d
covers_path_disc = sd:/apps/usbloader/covers/disc

disable_remove = 1
disable_format = 1
confirm_start = 1

unlock_password = 11
config file are in sd/apps/usbloader

For info, the home button works perfect until I updated HBC to v1.0.5
If i install specific channel (HAXX to JODI.wad) the home button Rework.
But i think it is more easy for the future if we can choose the tittle you launch of the exit.

Dr. Clipper

Trophies
XP
Country
Jodiskett said:
For info, the home button works perfect until I updated HBC to v1.0.5
If i install specific channel (HAXX to JODI.wad) the home button Rework.
But i think it is more easy for the future if we can choose the tittle you launch of the exit.
Can you please clarify the following statement? I don't understand you:
"If i install specific channel (HAXX to JODI.wad) the home button Rework."

How do you launch Cfg (forwarder, hybrid, HBC)?

Are your normal Nintendo-based IOSes Trucha-patched?

giantpune

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The JODI to HAXX.wad is something I made. It is just a channel installed in the old HBC place that boots the new HBC title. So I believe the answer is yes, it will "fix" the problem. But I think that this loader does not need it. It is already able to boot the new HBC ID.

I also have a function that will boot either the HBC, regardless of which ID it is installed at. If you would like to use it.

CODE#define TITLE_ID(x,y)ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂ(((u64)(x)

oggzee

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Slovenia
cfg loader home=exit relies on the parent's return stub, so if it is started from HBC it will return to HBC no matter what the HBC ID is. But if it is started from a forwarder, that does not implement the return stub then it might as well hang, so if using a forwarder or channel home=reboot is more appropriate to use.

giantpune: thanks for the hint, i might include that in a future version, probably as home=hbc or something...

buggers

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey,

the USB Loader works for me, however, I have to restart my Wii every time I want to load a backup game, when I go back to System Menu afterwards and try to load another game, it just shows "booting wii game..." and hangs. I have to press the power button 5 seconds and restart my Wii. After that I can start another game with USB loader - but just once. Any ideas why?

Dr. Clipper

Trophies
XP
Country
buggers said:
Hey,

the USB Loader works for me, however, I have to restart my Wii every time I want to load a backup game, when I go back to System Menu afterwards and try to load another game, it just shows "booting wii game..." and hangs. I have to press the power button 5 seconds and restart my Wii. After that I can start another game with USB loader - but just once. Any ideas why?
The why is because you are using rev 13 of IOS249. Use rev 14 of IOS249 and/or IOS222/223 (see my sig for installation instructions for both). Rev 14 has a bug that it can't play dual layer games (MPT, SSBB), so you might as well install both alternatives.

oggzee

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Slovenia
same old same old, all over again :|
aren't there enough FAQs around already?

ok, next release will feature this warning in case ios249 rev13 is detected:

Code:
NOTE: You are using cios249 rev13:
To quit the game you must reset or 
power-off the Wii before you start 
another game or it will hang here!

zektor

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
oggzee said:
same old same old, all over again :|
aren't there enough FAQs around already?

ok, next release will feature this warning in case ios249 rev13 is detected:

Code:
NOTE: You are using cios249 rev13:
To quit the game you must reset or 
power-off the Wii before you start 
another game or it will hang here!

Priceless
wink.gif

charroux

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The-Magician said:
Is it possible to add the function to download a titles.txt (ini) into the loader ? I saw that in wiiflow and it was quite nice.
There is already a very recently updated titles.txt file included with the download package. You can edit the file to use 4- or 6-character IDs, using up to 64 character titles, and you can edit it however you wish.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Right onto uremums 3d printed dildo