Hacking Configurable USB Loader

Narolez

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
USBLoaderCFG_NForwarder - *new* Forwarder DOL and WAD for Configurable USB Loader with passing cIOS arguments: < http://cloud.github.com/downloads/Narolez/..._NForwarder.zip >

For more information read the readme.
wink.gif

Source: < http://github.com/Narolez/NForwarder >

@ogzee: please update the first post, the old forwarder is down. Thanks!

TeenTin

Trophies
XP
Country
Hong Kong

vettacossx

Wii Theme Team Founder
Trophies
XP
Country
to bad you cant use the source from like nus or patchmii or whatever to make a CIOS UPDATE feature that would update the cios to the most recent
smile.gif
that would be useful! and prob save some headache in the long run. (have it setup exactly as loader revisions are) and using the NOTES: part to add information for rev 13b and other issues within a CIOS rev...

also in regard to the title.txt i think we keep a wiki with a fully updated one here on gbatemp as well
wink.gif
but back to the post you could simply have it detect what cios rev you are on and offer to update/install it if need be via network or via file structure in SD root...Something like:

USB CFG detects you are currently running under Cios rev 14 Please select a Cios installation or press b to return to previous menu:

Cios rev11
Cios rev12
Cios rev13b
Ciosrev14

@ above poster you can use that dol for a channel NP i can confirm that
wink.gif
have a look i made a dol forwarder and i use that dol np..

john1010_ma

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Brazil

Dr. Clipper

Trophies
XP
Country
bnm81002 said:
when I installed the hybrid channel, I lost all of my settings, what do I do to keep them? thanks
Settings will be stored on either the SD card or a FAT partition on the USB drive. They are stored in a file called settings.cfg in your base directory. You can find your base directory by looking at the global options screen. The base directory will be one of these three locations:

A: sd:/usb-loader.
B: usb:/usb-loader.
C: The location of the boot.dol used for launching the loader (whether launching from HBC or forwarding).

The sequence to determine which depends on where config.txt is and is described in README-CFG.txt. To get your settings back, find the directory from the list above which has the settings.cfg file in it and copy that directory and all of its contents to the new base directory of the loader (which you can find on the global options page).

IxthusTiger

Cruddy's Buddy
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Great loader! Would you consider adding an integrated save extractor/installer to it? Also, there is a small bar under the game boxes in "coverflow" mode that looks out of place against the reflective surface beneath the games.

usptactical

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
IxthusTiger said:
Also, there is a small bar under the game boxes in "coverflow" mode that looks out of place against the reflective surface beneath the games.

Are you referring to the white space between the bottom of the cover image and the bottom of the actual cover box and how you don't see that in the reflection? Or something else?

Jodiskett

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
oggzee said:
cfg loader home=exit relies on the parent's return stub, so if it is started from HBC it will return to HBC no matter what the HBC ID is. But if it is started from a forwarder, that does not implement the return stub then it might as well hang, so if using a forwarder or channel home=reboot is more appropriate to use.

giantpune: thanks for the hint, i might include that in a future version, probably as home=hbc or something...

ok for explanation

but it is strange because i always start cfg loader from a forwarder and before when i press home i returned to HBC (with option=exit)
unsure.gif
unsure.gif

Dr. Clipper

Trophies
XP
Country
Jodiskett said:
oggzee said:
cfg loader home=exit relies on the parent's return stub, so if it is started from HBC it will return to HBC no matter what the HBC ID is. But if it is started from a forwarder, that does not implement the return stub then it might as well hang, so if using a forwarder or channel home=reboot is more appropriate to use.

giantpune: thanks for the hint, i might include that in a future version, probably as home=hbc or something...

ok for explanation

but it is strange because i always start cfg loader from a forwarder and before when i press home i returned to HBC (with option=exit)
unsure.gif
unsure.gif
Then your forwarder is setting the return stub to point to the old HBC when it calls the loader. It is the forwarder that would need to be updated in this case, not the loader. Still, an additional value for "home=" as oggzee suggested could have its uses, I guess.

The-Magician

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Mexico
charroux said:
The-Magician said:
Is it possible to add the function to download a titles.txt (ini) into the loader ? I saw that in wiiflow and it was quite nice.
There is already a very recently updated titles.txt file included with the download package. You can edit the file to use 4- or 6-character IDs, using up to 64 character titles, and you can edit it however you wish.

I know it is there and i know it works like that, but that wasn't my question.

Vanth88

Private
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
After updating to the recent version that introduced the channel audio thing; all the way up to the latest version 44, more games have started to freeze during gameplay.

It first started with Lego Batman which would some what freeze at random or when things got too hectic and I've noticed turning on use secret chars cheat(forgot what its called) it would freeze during the levels every time I enabled the option. Then Overlord which would again freeze but very rarely but mainly when things got too hectic. It seemed the game would lag the more you play as well. This also seemed to be an issue with Star Wars Unleashed, Conduit and Dirt. Other games that didn't freeze were mainly nintendo games like Zelda and SSBB, Tenkaichi 2/3, Call of Duty WaW.

I know what your thinking "maybe it was your system or your cIOS? or even your HD?". I've tested all of those theories but the games still froze. I went back to the version before the addition to the channel audio and the games stopped freezing. I tried replicating the issue but nothing would freeze them. It also seemed like Overlord wouldn't lag as much and Lego Batman wouldn't freeze no matter what even with the cheat(no matter how many) activated. I forgot to mention that when the games froze it let out a loud BEEEEEEEEPPP.

My theory is that USB Loader is using too much memory or something like that. I'm not sure if disabling it via a option would help(I don't think there is one?). It could also be because of the animations you included are conflicting with the channel audio addition. I noticed after updating that the menu would lag when you select a game or go to its options. I like the USB Loader and I still plan to use it but I wonder why you'd include something like this. I thought USB Loader was supposed to be simple in design and not include useless things.

I'm sorry this was a little long but I thought I'd at least be as thorough as possible.

*EDIT* doing a clean install of the loader and I'm not sure if this will help.

oggzee

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Slovenia
Vanth88: Thanks for the report. I will investigate this further.
For the moment, if you want to disable banner sounds, you can use:

confirm_start = 0

I might make a separate option in the future, probably banner_sound=0

Vanth88

Private
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks Oggzee. Also it might have sounded like Dirt and the others froze but I meant they were slower(lag) and the only two that did freeze was Lego and Overlord. I'm starting over from scratch with no new skins and I'm disabling the start and anti aliasing. I'm not sure if this will fix it but again I think you for looking into it.

oggzee

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Slovenia
Vanth88: A few more questions:

1. which cIOS do you use? 249 or 222?
Because one of the changes in v44 was also a new ehcmodule (from uloader 3.0C) for cios 222.

2. Do you have music enabled?

3. Are you using font_clock.png (another change in v44)

pepxl

GFX W!Z4RD
Trophies
XP
Country
it sounds more like your HDD is spinning down/going to sleep even though you might of thought you disabled it some HDD's dont fully disable especially with those type of crashes but i could be wrong, ill test the games i have the same of and let you no

Vanth88

Private
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
TeenTin: The last stable version for me was v44b I think.

Oggzee: I use rev 14 249 except for the games that require 222/223(I use 222 hermes for SSBB). I don't have music enabled because that lags the menu for me(way before the recent updates) and I didn't use font clock because I didn't know how to enable it and I thought the only way would be to download the newest version which contained the newer files.

I was using one of the older downloads(41?) which contained the newer themes with overlays. I was also using another custom skin which wasn't included in the download(Blue Sunset 3D).

*EDIT*
pepxl: I don't think my HD does that. I'm using Western Digital: My Passport Essentials 250GB. I've been playing games on this HD since a few months ago and I've never had any issues. Unless my HD has corrupted somehow which could happen I think if the game freezes during gameplay(I always worry about that). I also don't know of any app that could fix something like that if that was an issue.

*EDIT AGAIN*
I always used coverflow3d so I never would have noticed the clock anyways. After updating the channel(and starting fresh) the below HBC glitch is fixed or may have been that the channel was corrupted somehow(due to freezing perhaps?). I'm currently testing Lego Batman

QUOTE said:
(FIXED/IRRELEVANT)
Another bug thats worth mentioning(and it might be the cause):
I was also booting the app directly from HBC. After the recent HBC update I made bootmii boot directly to HBC so I didn't use the forwarder(the older one by Narolez not the newer by Narolez). One thing I noticed is when I quit from a game and go back to the Main Menu and I boot the app from the old forwarder, the app freezes. This might be an issue with the cIOS so that could be the reason for the freezing in game. The newer forwarder might fix this so I'll go ahead and install that. This probably isn't in issue with USB Loader but I thought I'd go ahead and mention this.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: See I'm a good match maker I always knew he wouldnt leave over luke