Hacking Configurable USB Loader

Dr. Clipper

Trophies
XP
Country
Wilds said:
I updated to 44 and it started fine but suddenly it reboots by itself i am suing GUI flow 2 Rows then i tried 43 42 41 all rebooted currently suing non -gui it work fine any one face this issue ?

thanks
I am a little confused due to your lack of punctuation. Are you saying that versions 41, 42 and 43 also reboot? And that it works fine if you don't use the GUI?

When does it reboot (at startup, when you select a game, etc.)? How do you run the loader (hybrid, forwarder, HBC, etc.)? Try setting the GUI_style to coverflow3d and seeing if that works.

Vanth88

Private
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just wanted to post a small update. Overlord still freezes every few hours regardless of the IOS used. I looked this issue up and its just the game itself.

I also have a minor question, would it be possible to implement a Download All cheats function? it would be a small addition but I wonder if its possible. I keep thinking it could be possible because of how you have the cover URl's({ ID }) which downloads covers for whatever ID/game. Currently no cheat app supports it and it would help a lot for someone like me who loves to download cheats or just make sure I have the most recent cheat list for all of my games.

Wizdum

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am having the same problem with 44, It just reboots by itself after about 15-20 secs in the menu. It doesn't seem to matter if I stay on a menu or toggle to different styles. Also have tried launching from the HBC and get the same problem. Any suggestions on what is going on and how I can fix it? I really love this loaded but can't use it. My friends works fine using the same files.

Dr. Clipper

Trophies
XP
Country
Wizdum said:
I am having the same problem with 44, It just reboots by itself after about 15-20 secs in the menu. It doesn't seem to matter if I stay on a menu or toggle to different styles. Also have tried launching from the HBC and get the same problem. Any suggestions on what is going on and how I can fix it? I really love this loaded but can't use it. My friends works fine using the same files.
Try changing the name of your covers directory temporarily just to see if you have a corrupted cover. Also try turning off music (music = 0 in config.txt).

bnm81002

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
bnm81002 said:
I am trying to play the Scrabble Interactive game but I can't get it to display in NTSC-U version, the game only comes in a PAL version, so I can't get a NTSC-U version of the game, my Wii is NTSC-U with 3.2U firmware, I tried all different settings in the options page but to no avail, what do I have to do to make it display in NTSC-U version? thanks

can someone please try to help me out here? thanks
frown.gif

Wizdum

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks Dr. Clipper, seems like it must have been a corrupt cover file.

As for Scrabble, I have tried every loader I have and not been able to play it yet. Sorry I can't help you there man. Looks like we'll just have to wait for another version. Best I can get is a rolling snow/gray screen. Friend said he was able to play in with the GX loader, but it was way offscreen, but he said it was playable. GL

Dr. Clipper

Trophies
XP
Country
bnm81002 said:
bnm81002 said:
I am trying to play the Scrabble Interactive game but I can't get it to display in NTSC-U version, the game only comes in a PAL version, so I can't get a NTSC-U version of the game, my Wii is NTSC-U with 3.2U firmware, I tried all different settings in the options page but to no avail, what do I have to do to make it display in NTSC-U version? thanks

can someone please try to help me out here? thanks
frown.gif
Unfortunately, your only answer is probably to get a different TV.

Roobitz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Loader is working great! I have an idea for a feature for future releases.

Do you think it would be useful to code an auto-dimming feature for the display? Sometimes I put in a game to rip to my HD and the estimated time is like 45 minutes and I forget to turn the TV off.

I realize this is totally a convenience feature, but you've added so many awesome features so far, I figured I might as well throw in a suggestion. Keep up the great work!!

zektor

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a small tiny request:

Every once in awhile, when I am in the loader, I hit the home button for some reason. I don't know why. It must be force of habit from some other app I use. Anyway, as you know, it immediately exits the loader and back to the Wii menu.

How about a confirmation when you hit home? Return to Wii Menu? Are You Sure? (Press home again, Yes....B to Cancel)
smile.gif

duy64

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I also have a small request:
An option to export titles.txt of the current list of games on the drive.
It's no big deal if you can't/won't do it.
Thanks in Advance!

hgage2003

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
Please, correct the ROAP36 = Overlord: Dark Legend in titles.txt (it has 0xC2 0xA0 instead of 0x20 after the : ). Usbloader prints this title uncool. I am tired to do this myself after each update.
Thanks in advance.

duy64

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Roobitz said:
Loader is working great! I have an idea for a feature for future releases.

Do you think it would be useful to code an auto-dimming feature for the display? Sometimes I put in a game to rip to my HD and the estimated time is like 45 minutes and I forget to turn the TV off.

I realize this is totally a convenience feature, but you've added so many awesome features so far, I figured I might as well throw in a suggestion. Keep up the great work!!

The wii already have burnt in protection which dims your tv.

milcoi

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
some sort of screensaver with the Config USB Logo moving would be nice when copy.
or overall when you don't do anything, after 5 min. it starts the screensaver

lhadlum

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I've got a terrabyte drive which is formatted into 1 gb FAT32 for loader/covers, and 2x450gb WBFS for the games. Config USB will list the games off the 1st WBFS partition fine, but doesn't list any games which are on the 2nd partition - Any Ideas why this might be? Do I need to specify in the config file anywhere what the partitions are? I though Config USB could handle multiple partitions, or is that just 1xFat and 1xWBFS?

TIA.

oggzee

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Slovenia
lhadlum said:
I've got a terrabyte drive which is formatted into 1 gb FAT32 for loader/covers, and 2x450gb WBFS for the games. Config USB will list the games off the 1st WBFS partition fine, but doesn't list any games which are on the 2nd partition - Any Ideas why this might be? Do I need to specify in the config file anywhere what the partitions are? I though Config USB could handle multiple partitions, or is that just 1xFat and 1xWBFS?
TIA.
Sorry, it doesn't handle multiple wbfs partitions (yet).

xakmad

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
way topic, as this is more of a tool request, but hows about a "save_banner_sound = 1" (or 0) which will auto-save the banner sound as a "title.mp3" or .wav (not a RPG7XY.mp3)
dying to get Super Mario Galaxy as my mp3 ringtone

tried _all_ the tools on google but all fail under windows 7 64bit
frown.gif
(i've really really tried - when i do get a sound.bin from opening.brn, it hasnt been a wav!)

may i also suggest that you show the full banner just like if was a disk channel, maybe with "back / options / start" buttons at bottom
but [A] from any part of the screen will launch, from any part will return to GUI (or console) and 1 or 2 will go to the usual local/global options

like the idea of home = exit does confirm

thanks again for a wonder full loader.
Xak

lhadlum

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
oggzee said:
lhadlum said:
TIA.
Sorry, it doesn't handle multiple wbfs partitions (yet).
OK, thanks for the info! ENTERING WAIT MODE...
yaynds.gif

montymintypie

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Ok, apologies if this has already been posted before, blah blah blah, generic newbie apologies here.
rolleyes.gif

First off, although you probably get this a lot, I'd just like to say thanks for making such a freaking incredible program. I don't have some fancy setup, just a 40GB HDD with games, SD with the channel, and everything works all the time, every time!

My Wii:
System Menu 4.1E (PAL)
4:3 50hz
USB Loader +CFG v44 (release)

I've got 2 issues and one suggestion.

Firstly, when in 50hz mode, there is a glitch with how the console mode is displayed. In GUI mode, the picture fills the whole screen, but switching to console mode with B will make the picture slightly squashed. It is most noticable because of a black line at the bottom of the screen.
I'm not very good at describing things, and a picture wouldn't work, so here's a video. I don't have a capture device, so it was taken with the camera on a tripod in manual mode. The audio was plugged in from the TV headphone jack.

Switching to 60hz mode fixes this, but it'd be great to have this fixed in 50hz mode.

Secondly, I love the new banner playing feature! Great addition to the program. However, if you have it at the 'confirm to start' screen, and the banner music is playing, the power button does not turn off the console. Instead, pressing it does nothing. Also, when you press it, the console doesn't freeze (the banner music keeps playing) but all the control input from the Wiimote stops working, forcing me to do a hard reset (power button for 6 seconds).

Lastly, a suggestion. Could you make it possible to zoom in on the full covers? It's great being able to see the back of the cover, but some games have barely readable text at the size it's displayed at.

I hope that all made sense, and thanks again for a great piece of software!

Regards,
Will T

Sacohen9665

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
duy64 said:
I also have a small request:
An option to export titles.txt of the current list of games on the drive.
It's no big deal if you can't/won't do it.
Thanks in Advance!

This can be done using WBFS Manager.
Just highlight all the games and righ click (if I remember correctly) and there is an option to export list.

It exports it as a CSV (Comma Separated Value) that you can import int Excel and then organize however you want.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: You'd stay on it longer if anything