Hacking Configurable USB Loader

erolz

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
btw, shall i still use the ios = 223-mload option? or do you prefer 249?

got one problem... when i load a game from the USB HD using the loader and push the home button while in the game to go back to the wii menu, i only get a black screen and nothing happends... i can not go back to the wii menu

bewitched

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Suddenly got some strange errormessages, i use a 8GB microSD in a Sandisk mobilemate microreader. Using CFG v44.
I got these messages:
wbfs error: file not found: with this game: R5XP69 My Sims Agent
This is not a wii disc: with this game: RJ4PRM Jewel Master Cradle Of Rome
Strangely enough the games can be started when pressing the A button...
I tried those games on another usb device and there where no messages at all?
I also reformatted the device. I use the wbfs.exe that comes with the latest uloader.

pepxl

GFX W!Z4RD
Trophies
XP
Country
WBFS Error - File Not Found
i think that error refers to banner sounds(opening.bnr) not the actual game, but MySims: Agents should play one

cambric

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Italy
oggzee said:
Some known issues and suggestions that are frequently asked about:

Hi Oggzee,

just a two cents idea for the development of this very good loader.

Up to now, when a game is selected in a GUI mode we get back to the console mode, where the configurations can be done by pressing button 1

Actually, I find this transition reductive for the high level quality of this loader

Why don't you think to a graphical transition when a game is selected? for example like the one in WiiFlow... When a game is selected the covers gets bigger in the screen and the buttons for configurations appear close to the cover, at that point you can launch the game, configure it, or see the back cover of the box....

Take into account that you have already implemented something like this... I mean when we press the up button to see the back cover of the box...

This idea also answer to the requests of HQ images and GUI settings...

Thanks to the developers for their very good job

Cambo

oggzee

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Slovenia
bewitched said:
Suddenly got some strange errormessages, i use a 8GB microSD in a Sandisk mobilemate microreader. Using CFG v44.
I got these messages:
wbfs error: file not found: with this game: R5XP69 My Sims Agent
This is not a wii disc: with this game: RJ4PRM Jewel Master Cradle Of Rome
Strangely enough the games can be started when pressing the A button...
I tried those games on another usb device and there where no messages at all?
I also reformatted the device. I use the wbfs.exe that comes with the latest uloader.
As pepxl correctly guessed, the errors are because the opening.bnr for the banner sound cannot be found.
Why is that I don't know, maybe you have a bad dvd or bad iso image from which you installed or something...
Anyway the 1st message will be hidden in the future.

oggzee

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Slovenia
cambric said:
Why don't you think to a graphical transition when a game is selected? for example like the one in WiiFlow... When a game is selected the covers gets bigger in the screen and the buttons for configurations appear close to the cover, at that point you can launch the game, configure it, or see the back cover of the box....
That was on todo list already for a very long time, but we just haven't gotten around to do it.
Most of the stuff that's missing is not because we can't think of it, but because we lack the time to do it
tongue.gif

Ok, let me add this to FAQ as well, what should it be called, GUI game start screen?

stomp_442

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I haven't been following the thread as much as I used to, but I did see an inquire of TriForce NAND emulation, just wondering if this may be in the works for Configurable USB Loader?

BedtimeGuy

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
wow, i check this every now and then, i thought i would be checking it way too often to see updates each time, but instead there is usually two new version each time i check! keep up the AMAZING work on the best iso loader available upstatical and oggzee!

@ sickpuppy, i dont think that will happen for a while (just based on what the developers said), no matter HOW much i want it (a LOT
wink.gif
)

9th_Sage

Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
SickPuppy said:
I haven't been following the thread as much as I used to, but I did see an inquire of TriForce NAND emulation, just wondering if this may be in the works for Configurable USB Loader?
Since they express no desire to add this every time it comes up, I would say "probably not".
wink.gif

cambric

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Italy
oggzee said:
That was on todo list already for a very long time, but we just haven't gotten around to do it.
Most of the stuff that's missing is not because we can't think of it, but because we lack the time to do it
tongue.gif

Ok, let me add this to FAQ as well, what should it be called, GUI game start screen?

The high quality of your job witness that not yet implemented features are missing just for the lack of time...
"GUI game start screen" is fine as a name for the to-do list....

erolz

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
got one problem... when i load a game from the USB HD using the loader and push the home button while in the game to go back to the wii menu, i only get a black screen and nothing happends... i can not go back to the wii menu

onionpalac

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I'm having trouble with Hermes' IOS222/223.
After the first time I installed the latest version following the GAF's Wii Homebrew Tutorial guide, which means I have IOS38 merged with IOS37 and IOS38 merged with IOS60, it would hang at the loading screen while trying to load Guitar Hero 4 using 222-mload.
I tried it on Rock Band Beatles with the same result.

Using 222 yal I got this:

ERROR: Offset(0xf800000) -128
ERROR: OpenPartition(0xf800000) -128
Returned! (ret = 0)

Then a "Exception (DSI) occurred!"

Any ideas on what the problem could be?

Thanks a lot!

oggzee

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Slovenia
onionpalac:
1. I don't know why it hangs.
2. ios 222-yal can't be used with hermes ios.

hmm, i guess the 222-yal ios loading method is so old we could just as well remove the option.

Dr. Clipper

Trophies
XP
Country
onionpalc: Does it work with uLoader? And does it work if you use v3 of Hermes' IOS? You can get v3 from the 2.8D version of the uLoader installer, I think. Just replace the 3.0B with 2.8D in the link name to get the older version. When testing v3, just install IOS223 as 36 merged with 37. There's no need to try the others.

Narolez

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
oggzee said:
Narolez said:
My forwarder pass ios=249 when you don't press a button. It seems it is an issue of CFG. Oggzee must consider whether the argument was passed and disable the config option.
The whole point in making the command line arguments the priority was so that a forwarder can override the settings early in the startup process. But I would not expect the default ios 249 to be always passed as an argument, as then the config file has got no influence on the ios selection anymore. As it will always be overriden by the forwarder. I think the forwarder should pass no options by default, but only pass an ios option if forced by a button press or something.

OK, here is the new Forwarder-Package with the new button mapping for passing IOS arguments:

CODE
ÂÂ- To pass the custom IOS argument to the USB loader, hold the following upon forwarder start:
ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂHold 1 and 2 OR A and B: force ios=249
ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂHold 1 OR A;ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂ force ios=222-mload
ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂHold 2 OR B:ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂ force ios=223-mload
ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂHold nothing:ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂno force, loader default
Download: < http://cloud.github.com/downloads/Narolez/..._NForwarder.zip >

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    They probably said "Hey, why not we combine the two together and make a 'new' DS to sell".
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's a DS Lite in a slightly bigger DS Lite shell.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's not a Nintendo / iQue official product, it's a 3rd party custom.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Nothing special about it other than it's more comfortable than the Lite
    for people with beefy hands.
    +1
  • Jayro @ Jayro:
    I have yaoi anime hands, very lorge but slender.
  • Jayro @ Jayro:
    I'm Slenderman.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I have hands.
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    imagine not having hands, cringe
    +1
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    ESPECIALLY for things I do to myself :sad:.. :tpi::rofl2: Or others :shy::blush::evil:
    +1
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    @SylverReZ if you could find a v5 DS ML you would have the best of both worlds since the v5 units had the same backlight brightness levels as the DS Lite unlockable with flashme
    but that's a long shot
    i think only the red mario kart edition phat was v5
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    A woman with no arms and no legs was sitting on a beach. A man comes along and the woman says, "I've never been hugged before." So the man feels bad and hugs her. She says "Well i've also never been kissed before." So he gives her a kiss on the cheek. She says "Well I've also never been fucked before." So the man picks her up, and throws her in the ocean and says "Now you're fucked."
    +2
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    lmao
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    anyways, we need to re-normalize physical media

if i didn't want my games to be permanent, then i'd rent them
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Agreed, that why I try to buy all my games on disc, Xbox anyways. Switch games (which I pirate tbh) don't matter much, I stay offline 24/7 anyways.
    I don't pirate them, I Use Them :mellow:. Like I do @BigOnYa 's couch :tpi::evil::rofl2:
    +1
  • cearp @ cearp:
    @BakerMan - you can still "own" digital media, arguably easier and better than physical since you can make copies and backups, as much as you like.

The issue is DRM
  • cearp @ cearp:
    You can buy drm free games / music / ebooks, and if you keep backups of your data (like documents and family photos etc), then you shouldn't lose the game. but with a disk, your toddler could put it in the toaster and there goes your $60

:rofl2:
  • cearp @ cearp:
    still, I agree physical media is nice to have. just pointing out the issue is drm
  • rqkaiju2 @ rqkaiju2:
    i like physical media because it actually feels like you own it. thats why i plan on burning music to cds
  • cearp @ cearp:
    It's nice to not have to have a lot of physical things though, saves space
    +1
    Nor clothes 🤮 . Saves on time, soap, water and money having to wash them. :D
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: Nor clothes 🤮 . Saves on time, soap, water and money having to wash them. :D