Hacking Configurable USB Loader

OneUp

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Are you guys using the latest libfat when compiling this application? I can't get it to load data (themes covers etc) from my sdhc card.

zektor

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
OneUp said:
Are you guys using the latest libfat when compiling this application? I can't get it to load data (themes covers etc) from my sdhc card.

What type of card do you have? I assume it worked before? I am personally using a 16GB SHDC and it works fine for reading all required files.

OneUp

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
zektor said:
OneUp said:

What type of card do you have? I assume it worked before? I am personally using a 16GB SHDC and it works fine for reading all required files.

It's a Kingston class4 8gb. It doesn't work with much of anything, but as far as I understand it might have something to do with what version of libfat is used as Tantric's emulators and mplayerce work fine with it. Also, it did work with everything at first, but then it stopped and only worked with the things i mentioned.

GimmeWii

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
oggzee, usptactical:
Can you put the full changelog in an own thread somewhere so it's easier to follow changes backwards?

I follow the progress weekly dying to get a own console, but it's too expensive with two sets of control s, harddrive, console etc. And I've seen it in action. The only thing I missed trying it a my friends house is that you can exit to dashboard/homebrew instead of restarting the console when switching game.

For example exit to USB-loader A+B+1. Exit to startup-jada jada A+B+2. Then you need to hands to exit the game, minimizing the possibility to accidentally stop a game. The method is similar to the old original XBOX.

GimmeWii

Dochog

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks for all the great work guys, enough can't be said. That was one question I had, & I know the change would be made if it is possible.
Do you think it will ever be possible to exit a game and have the loader menu come up without having to go back to the wii menu and click on the forward channel when changing games? If this already exits, how do you do it?

zektor

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Dochog said:
Thanks for all the great work guys, enough can't be said. That was one question I had, & I know the change would be made if it is possible.
Do you think it will ever be possible to exit a game and have the loader menu come up without having to go back to the wii menu and click on the forward channel when changing games? If this already exits, how do you do it?

I think this is a limitation of the Wii itself (well, not exactly limitation...just how it is designed) and cannot be "fixed", but I'll wait until someone else adds input.

Dr. Clipper

Trophies
XP
Country
GimmeWii said:
oggzee, usptactical:
Can you put the full changelog in an own thread somewhere so it's easier to follow changes backwards?

I follow the progress weekly dying to get a own console, but it's too expensive with two sets of control s, harddrive, console etc. And I've seen it in action. The only thing I missed trying it a my friends house is that you can exit to dashboard/homebrew instead of restarting the console when switching game.

For example exit to USB-loader A+B+1. Exit to startup-jada jada A+B+2. Then you need to hands to exit the game, minimizing the possibility to accidentally stop a game. The method is similar to the old original XBOX.

GimmeWii
That's something that would need to be built into the IOS, not the loader. Besides, you can already get that functionality. With cIOS38 rev 14, holding the power button on the Wii Remote causes the console to reset instead of switch off. If you want to autoboot to the HBC, have BootMii installed. If you want to autoboot to a loader instead, have Preloader installed. Choosing Wii Menu from the Home button takes you to the actual system menu (although maybe Preloader hijacks it, I don't use it).

GimmeWii

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Dr. Clipper said:
That's something that would need to be built into the IOS, not the loader. Besides, you can already get that functionality. With cIOS38 rev 14, holding the power button on the Wii Remote causes the console to reset instead of switch off. If you want to autoboot to the HBC, have BootMii installed. If you want to autoboot to a loader instead, have Preloader installed. Choosing Wii Menu from the Home button takes you to the actual system menu (although maybe Preloader hijacks it, I don't use it).

I think I heard something about that IOS, but also it should be possible to crack it. The thing was it took quite some time for the console to restart again (not HBC-related I know). Cause if you want to switch game, you don't want to wait a minute, but the cover loads alot faster now since some releases ago.

GimmeWii

oggzee

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Slovenia
OneUp said:
zektor said:
OneUp said:
It's a Kingston class4 8gb. It doesn't work with much of anything, but as far as I understand it might have something to do with what version of libfat is used as Tantric's emulators and mplayerce work fine with it. Also, it did work with everything at first, but then it stopped and only worked with the things i mentioned.
Yes it uses the latest libfat.
If it worked before it could be it was with a different cios revision.
Have you upgraded the cios recently?
The SDHC driver is inside the cios not the loader.
Try using some older version of the cios or loader or both, only you can establish what broke it.
Another thing you could try is installing hermes cios 222/223 and using the cfg loader 40-222
Or, create a FAT partition on your usb hdd drive and put your config there.

oggzee

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Slovenia
GimmeWii said:
The full changelog is in the first post under OLD versions, click on (show) SPOILER INSIDE

BIG MOE

๔*๖ LORD BIG MOE ™
Trophies
XP
Country
Syria
oggzee said:
GimmeWii said:
The full changelog is in the first post under OLD versions, click on (show) SPOILER INSIDE
and there a copy of it in the Ultimate USB Loader Bible Sticky , as CFG is the #1 Loader
wink.gif

kingtuk1

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have been using ios=223-mload with a seagate drive and 2 mics connected.

updated to cfg40 and it counts 3 seconds to load the hard drive on 223 v3 and counts 1 sec on 223 v2

I went back to cfg39c and 223 v2 and it loads up fast without going to counting mode

I also installed v3 as 222 and used the special cfg40-222 and it counts also.

My hard drive and mics work it's just a lot slower at detecting.

so for now it cfg39c and 223 v2 for me...

TeenTin

Trophies
XP
Country
Hong Kong
kingtuk1 said:

updated to cfg40 and it counts 3 seconds to load the hard drive on 223 v3 and counts 1 sec on 223 v2

I went back to cfg39c and 223 v2 and it loads up fast without going to counting mode

For the sake of compatibility, a few seconds is totally acceptable.

TyRaNtM

I did some projects..
Trophies
Website
www.power-ups.net
XP
Country
Cote d'Ivoire
Using cfg40, with cios_222v3 installer, installing IOS 223, 36 merged with 37, and using 223-mload, the loader keep freezing in:
IOS(223) mload .....

I don't know what to do to fix it.

HostileJava

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Why did you have to go back to 39c? I thought 40 supported both?

kingtuk1 said:

OneUp

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
oggzee said:
OneUp said:
zektor said:
OneUp said:
Yes it uses the latest libfat.
If it worked before it could be it was with a different cios revision.
Have you upgraded the cios recently?
The SDHC driver is inside the cios not the loader.
Try using some older version of the cios or loader or both, only you can establish what broke it.
Another thing you could try is installing hermes cios 222/223 and using the cfg loader 40-222
Or, create a FAT partition on your usb hdd drive and put your config there.

I'm not trying to load games from it, so I wouldn't think it'd be dependent on the cios... I'm just trying to download covers etc and it says sd: is not accessible.

kingtuk1

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
HostileJava said:
Why did you have to go back to 39c? I thought 40 supported both?

kingtuk1 said:

40 does work but it's slower at loading the hard drive with my microphones also connected.
It actually starts counting to 30. cfg39c loaded right away!

Dr. Clipper

Trophies
XP
Country
kingtuk1 said:
40 does work but it's slower at loading the hard drive with my microphones also connected.
It actually starts counting to 30. cfg39c loaded right away!
Are the two mics the only reason you are using IOS223? Do your mics work if you boot with IOS249 and then configure the games that need them to use IOS223 and save the options? IOS249 should give you the fastest speed when starting the loader, and if the games work by using their separate options to change to IOS223 later, you have the perfect setup.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/sQK1btk8ZUs?si=Z4p2kuM_7fXV7_Ps