Hacking Configurable USB Loader

Roobitz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hi there oggzee and usptactical. I think I have a bug to report. Goes like this:

I have an NTSC Wii, and I have a PAL game on my HD. I go into the options for that game (Wii Chess) and change the video mode to Force Pal 50. Then I save the options for that game.

When I exit the options for that game and check out the options for any other game now, they ALL say Force Pal50. If I try to load any of my games (the others are mostly NTSC) they do not display correctly (black and white flickery, like you would expect for the wrong video mode).

I've tried it a couple of times and noticed the same behaviour.

Otherwise I love the loader and have been happily enjoying it for some weeks now! Hope this is able to help your project.

The-Magician

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Mexico
Hi there, i am new in this theme making thing. So far what i have is a background but where i get stuck is the button part. I struggled today through the whole 168 pages and am now completely lost. Can somebody explain me slowly how to add the buttons or where to place them.

Thanks in advandce.

gizmomelb

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
I doubt this is cfg usb loader related but..

I installed 37 and cIOS rev 14 at the same time, all appeared to be working fine and I've been ripping games to my USB HDD for the past two nights. I finally went to play something last night and all I get is a black screen and the drive makes a slight 'ticking' sound (of heads searching I'm guessing).

playing games worked fine with 36 and cIOS rev 13b, ripping games with 37 and cIOS 14 appeared to work fine.

I'm going to downgrade again tonight and test to see if I can play any games and report the result here.

usptactical

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Roobitz said:
Hi there oggzee and usptactical. I think I have a bug to report. Goes like this:

I have an NTSC Wii, and I have a PAL game on my HD. I go into the options for that game (Wii Chess) and change the video mode to Force Pal 50. Then I save the options for that game.

When I exit the options for that game and check out the options for any other game now, they ALL say Force Pal50. If I try to load any of my games (the others are mostly NTSC) they do not display correctly (black and white flickery, like you would expect for the wrong video mode).

I've tried it a couple of times and noticed the same behaviour.

Otherwise I love the loader and have been happily enjoying it for some weeks now! Hope this is able to help your project.

This is not a bug, it's actually supposed to work like that. I believe it's that way so that you can make the same change to many games easier. So if you change to PAL50, and need to change several games to PAL 50, you just click the game and then hit 1 and 2 to save. Basically, it remembers your last choices across all games, but doesn't actually save them unless you choose to.

QUOTE(gizmomelb @ Jul 29 2009, 07:38 PM) I doubt this is cfg usb loader related but..

I installed 37 and cIOS rev 14 at the same time, all appeared to be working fine and I've been ripping games to my USB HDD for the past two nights. I finally went to play something last night and all I get is a black screen and the drive makes a slight 'ticking' sound (of heads searching I'm guessing).

playing games worked fine with 36 and cIOS rev 13b, ripping games with 37 and cIOS 14 appeared to work fine.

I'm going to downgrade again tonight and test to see if I can play any games and report the result here.

I've experienced this if I stay in the HBC for a while without accessing the hard drive and then try to load the loader. But I have installed games in 37 with cios 14 and they all worked fine. Was the drive sitting for awhile before you tried to load them?

Dr. Clipper

Trophies
XP
Country
The-Magician said:
Hi there, i am new in this theme making thing. So far what i have is a background but where i get stuck is the button part. I struggled today through the whole 168 pages and am now completely lost. Can somebody explain me slowly how to add the buttons or where to place them.

Thanks in advandce.
Configurable doesn't have buttons you can point to and click on, like GX. There is no need for them. If you like, you can add a reminder section for which buttons do what on the Wii Remote. Just superimpose them over your background image.

QUOTE(invu @ Jul 30 2009, 08:44 AM) Sorry to ask this, if this is obvious... I didn't find an answer to this:

Is it possible to play Sam & Max with this (btw really GREAT) loader? If yes: what do I have to do, to make it happen?
No it isn't. No USB Loader can current play it via USB. If a solution is found, you can pretty much guarantee cfg will support it within 24 hours, though.

Dr. Clipper

Trophies
XP
Country
Alex Finlay said:
Whats the Problem With Sam & Max?
It's one of the games that reloads the IOS where the alternate .dol option doesn't work. No USB-based loader can currently fix this problem. The list of known games with the problem are shown here (the ones in category 1 NOT marked by asterisks).

Dr. Clipper

Trophies
XP
Country
@oggzee: A quick and easy improvement for the next version of the loader:

On the confirmation screen to start a game after selecting it (when confirm_start is switched off), it currently operates as press A to start, 1 to enter options, B to go back. Can a menu be added to this page that defaults to selecting "Start Game" (so pushing A twice has the same operation), but also allows selection of "Go to Game Options" and "Go to Global Options" that can be navigated to with the d-pad. The other buttons would still function as is.

I suggest this due to this reaction to testing Configurable by a member of another forum:
QUOTE said:
I tried Configurable, and it really annoyed me because it seems so disorganized, menu-wise and control-wise. It took me a long time to find the menu to get all missing covers and change themes (I had to push 1 on a game to go to the game settings, then push it again to go to global settings) and the function of all of the buttons are weird to me... like, in a menu, I can't push A to advance, or else I'd load a game. This loader does many things right that others don't, and I noticed quite a few little things I liked... but the button layout would ultimately confuse me in the long run. So this loader is staying on my hard drive, when I don't have an SD card in.

He is right in a way, the current menu format is a little confusing requiring you to push 1 twice to get to Global Options and so on. Adding a menu to the confirm page would make it easier for the newcomers, doesn't change the navigation method for veterans and seems like an incredibly easy to add feature.

oggzee

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Slovenia
cfg v38b (beta)

http://sharebee.com/ddf54737

Code:
 * Added WiiMote pointer scrolling in coverflow modes - as you move the pointer towards 
ÂÂ the edge of the screen, the covers automatically move.ÂÂAlso, the movement speed 
ÂÂ increases as the pointer approaches the edge.
* Added random music playing - all .mp3 or .mod files in the base
ÂÂ folder will play randomly (sd:/usb-loader by default)
* Added new parameter (PATH) to the "music" option in config.txt to allow
ÂÂ any folder to be specified for music playing (e.g. sd:/mp3s or usb:/mp3s)
* Pause music while installing new games.
* Changed option: download_cc_pal = [AUTO], EN, FR, DE, AU, ...
ÂÂ If AUTO is specified, then the code is set depending on the console
ÂÂ region - if Australia: AU, Brasil: PO else, console language is used.
ÂÂ This is now the default, but can still be specified as before.
* Support for msdos and utf8 formatted ocarina TXT files
* Always mount USB FAT partition, not just when there is no config.txt on SD.
* Minor cleanups

oggzee

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Slovenia
Dr. Clipper said:
@oggzee: A quick and easy improvement for the next version of the loader:

On the confirmation screen to start a game after selecting it (when confirm_start is switched off), it currently operates as press A to start, 1 to enter options, B to go back. Can a menu be added to this page that defaults to selecting "Start Game" (so pushing A twice has the same operation), but also allows selection of "Go to Game Options" and "Go to Global Options" that can be navigated to with the d-pad. The other buttons would still function as is.

I suggest this due to this reaction to testing Configurable by a member of another forum:
[...]
He is right in a way, the current menu format is a little confusing requiring you to push 1 twice to get to Global Options and so on. Adding a menu to the confirm page would make it easier for the newcomers, doesn't change the navigation method for veterans and seems like an incredibly easy to add feature.
Yeah I know, all the menus need a bit of a clean up for consistency :| I was postponing this as the plan was to have gui settings, but this is taking us longer than I hoped, so we might as well clean up the existing console menus...

oggzee

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Slovenia
Takoru said:
how do i change the update path?
You can't. The location from where the loader was started is used.
It is also displayed in the updates screen.
Is the location incorrect?

r3dcat

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
milcoi said:
I tested my (wide)theme yesterday on a samsung 37LE-B652 and looks perfect.

http://www.mediafire.com/?sharekey=68d3759...04e75f6e8ebb871
incl. Theme.txt

regards,
Milcoi

Very nice work milcoi!
wink.gif
... thank you! ... but are you going to create the a "standard" set as well as the "wide" screen set ... that would complete the skin then, would it not?

Takoru

Trophies
XP
Country
Egypt
oggzee said:
Takoru said:
how do i change the update path?
You can't. The location from where the loader was started is used.
It is also displayed in the updates screen.
Is the location incorrect?
Yes, I can't download the newest builds.
My boot.dol is in "SD:/APP/usbloader_cfg" but everytime I want to download the newest build, it will get installed in "SD:/APP/usbloader".
It's downloading but can't get started with my forwarder.
btw.: cfg38b is a nice improvement, thanks

oggzee

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Slovenia
Takoru said:
My boot.dol is in "SD:/APP/usbloader_cfg" but everytime I want to download the newest build, it will get installed in "SD:/APP/usbloader".
Which forwarder do you use?
The universal matrix themed that is in the first page?
Can you add this to your config:
debug=1
and tell me what does it print out for argv[0]
should be something like: argv[0]=sd:/apps/usbloader_cfg/boot.dol

Cypherdias

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Dr. Clipper said:
Alex Finlay said:
Whats the Problem With Sam & Max?
It's one of the games that reloads the IOS where the alternate .dol option doesn't work. No USB-based loader can currently fix this problem. The list of known games with the problem are shown here (the ones in category 1 NOT marked by asterisks).
But isn't the "Block IOS reload" option in the games option screen meant for these issues? I'm playin "The House of the Dead 2&3 Returns", which is also one of the IOS reloading games, without problem using this "Block IOS reload" option. Needs to have cIOS 222 or 223 installed though (which is the Hermes cIOS) and the game configured to use IOS 222-mload or 223-mload.

Actually I configured CFG Loader to use cIOS 222 by default and haven't found any issue with any of my games yet. Which ist much better than what Waninkokos cIOS does currently.

I haven't testet Sam&Max though, so I can't say for sure if it works. But it should. Or have I missed something?

oggzee

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Slovenia
r3dcat said:
milcoi said:
I tested my (wide)theme yesterday on a samsung 37LE-B652 and looks perfect.
http://www.mediafire.com/?sharekey=68d3759...04e75f6e8ebb871
incl. Theme.txt

regards,
Milcoi
Very nice work milcoi!
wink.gif
... thank you! ... but are you going to create the a "standard" set as well as the "wide" screen set ... that would complete the skin then, would it not?
Yes, please add the non-widescreen images as well in the same package, I also recommend putting it all in a directory and package the directory as well, instead of packing just the files, so it can be extracted directly to themes dir. Then I will add a link to it in the first post. I guess you'll need a fancy name as well
wink.gif

oggzee

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Slovenia
Cypherdias said:
But isn't the "Block IOS reload" option in the games option screen meant for these issues? I'm playin "The House of the Dead 2&3 Returns", which is also one of the IOS reloading games, without problem using this "Block IOS reload" option. Needs to have cIOS 222 or 223 installed though (which is the Hermes cIOS) and the game configured to use IOS 222-mload or 223-mload.
Yes, that is what "Block IOS reload" options is supposed to do, but it doesn't work for all the problematic games. Some work, like HOTD2, some don't. Generally the alt.dol approach seems to make more games working than the "Block IOS reload" approach.

Takoru

Trophies
XP
Country
Egypt
oggzee said:
Takoru said:
Which forwarder do you use?
The universal matrix themed that is in the first page?
Can you add this to your config:
debug=1
and tell me what does it print out for argv[0]
should be something like: argv[0]=sd:/apps/usbloader_cfg/boot.dol
Edit: I use this forwarder (first mediafire download-link there)
I'll try it in the next few hours.
I'm sorry, but at the moment I can't test it.
wink.gif

Thanks a lot for your support!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: