Hacking Configurable USB Loader

Dr. Clipper

Trophies
XP
Country
zulu12 said:
Hello

Can someone post their config.txt in here please. I tried to edit my config.txt for my loader but I got no clue where to start. I have read all the information but dont' know where to begin with.

Thank you so much
All the options are described by feature here, and it also gives you a sample config.txt. Just go through the list clicking on all the features you want and then setting the options accordingly.

hackotedelaplaqu

Trophies
Website
wiibrew.org
XP
Country
France
Hi oggzee.
Are you aware of The Conduit Multiplayer room slutters/freeze and SSBB intro crashes with latest CIOS(14) and USBLoaderCfg ?
Someone reported ther was no problems on multiplayer with USBLoader GX (didn't test it myself since your loader is the only one I need).

oggzee

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Slovenia
hackotedelaplaque said:
Hi oggzee.
Are you aware of The Conduit Multiplayer room slutters/freeze and SSBB intro crashes with latest CIOS(14) and USBLoaderCfg ?
Someone reported ther was no problems on multiplayer with USBLoader GX (didn't test it myself since your loader is the only one I need).

Yes, I have read that in the rev14 forum thread.
It seems to be a rev14 issue, not a loader problem.

gizmomelb

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Hi,

thanks for a great application (it seems all I do is sing it's praise) - it basically won acceptance from my wife for softmodding the Wii
smile.gif

May I suggest / request an enhancement / new feature please?

I'd like to request the backup process be changed please, so that instead of the following:

1. press '+' to install game
2. prompted 'press A to continue or B to go back'
3. message displayed 'checking game disk'
4. message displayed 'opening DVD disk'
5. message displayed 'installing game'
6. prompted 'press A to eject disk' etc.

could the installation process please be changed to the following?

1. press '+' to install game
2. message displayed 'checking game disk' (if no disk found, prompt user 'please insert game disk', 'press A to continue or B to go back')
3. message displayed - 'opening DVD disk'
4. display the size of the game and free space remaining on the selected storage device (just in case there's not enough room to store it)
5. update the displayed cover to the current opened game (if it is available)
6. prompt user 'press A to continue or B to go back'
7. message displayed 'installing game' (if A selected)
8. prompted 'press A to eject disk' etc.

also to tie in with this I'd like to request / suggest a new global option - auto eject DVD (yes/no)

so that the user can select if the DVD is automatically ejected once the game has finished installing to the selected storage medium.

regards,
gizmomelb

dekani

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hi oggzee,

Since the 37b2 version, the game list is correctly displayed (shdc/wbfs partition) but impossible to start anything. (a system error occurs)

Dr. Clipper

Trophies
XP
Country
dekani said:
Hi oggzee,

Since the 37b2 version, the game list is correctly displayed (shdc/wbfs partition) but impossible to start anything. (a system error occurs)
Post the numbers in the "Stack Dump" section of the error. Oggzee/usptactical can't do anything without that. Also, which IOS are you using?

dekani

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Thank you for the answer.
I don't think it is a stack dump as the error message is displayed using locale settings. (in french for me)
It may be translated as "An Error Occurs. Press the Eject button and remove the disc. Please refer to the operations manual under trouble shooting."
I'm currently using cios13b. (and actually the 36d version of the Configurable USB Loader)

usptactical

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
dekani said:
Thank you for the answer.
I don't think it is a stack dump as the error message is displayed using locale settings. (in french for me)
It may be translated as "An Error Occurs. Press the Eject button and remove the disc. Please refer to the operations manual under trouble shooting."
I'm currently using cios13b. (and actually the 36d version of the Configurable USB Loader)

Please update to cios 14 and v37 and let me know if that helps.

gizmomelb

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
sorry to annoy with feature requests, but I just remembered another two:

new game option - hide game:
----------------------------------

a new option in the game specific options, a tag (like the 'favourites' tag) which is 'hide game'. This allows the game to be hidden when the configurable loader is in 'child proof' mode.
(yes I know there's a config option to do this already, but this way you can dynamically create the list without needing to know the game's ID codes etc.)

password protection when in 'child proof mode':
------------------------------------------------------

when the configurable USB loader is in 'child proof' mode (ie: simple=1 ) have a padlock icon in the corner of the screen.

moving the wii pointer and clicking on it opens a virtual keyboard where you can 'type' a password (have the password stored on the SD card as a text file (plain text should be ok, worry about encryption later)). This way the kids can play Mario and Mum and Dad can play House of the Dead: Overkill etc.

One step better, have two different passwords - one for 'admin mode' and also for 'adult mode':

'adult mode' shows the 'hidden games' and sets the 'simple' option to '0' (only while running, not back in the config file). That way you can still hide the install, add, remove and options menus.

'admin mode' shows 'hidden games' as well as enables all install, add, remove and options menus.

Alex Finlay

Trophies
XP
Country
gizmomelb said:

a new option in the game specific options, a tag (like the 'favourites' tag) which is 'hide game'. This allows the game to be hidden when the configurable loader is in 'child proof' mode.
(yes I know there's a config option to do this already, but this way you can dynamically create the list without needing to know the game's ID codes etc.)

when the configurable USB loader is in 'child proof' mode (ie: simple=1 ) have a padlock icon in the corner of the screen.

moving the wii pointer and clicking on it opens a virtual keyboard where you can 'type' a password (have the password stored on the SD card as a text file (plain text should be ok, worry about encryption later)). This way the kids can play Mario and Mum and Dad can play House of the Dead: Overkill etc.

One step better, have two different passwords - one for 'admin mode' and also for 'adult mode':

'adult mode' shows the 'hidden games' and sets the 'simple' option to '0' (only while running, not back in the config file). That way you can still hide the install, add, remove and options menus.

'admin mode' shows 'hidden games' as well as enables all install, add, remove and options menus.

You can set all of That in the Config L...

Dochog

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
gizmomelb said:

I have child proofed my system and have hidden lots of games. I just use 2 different SD cards that have different config files. Then if I want to play a hidden game all I got to do is pop in my SD card that the kids don't know where I store it
smile.gif

zektor

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
krazycade said:
Is it posssible to update the channel version of this to v37? The one on the wiki is an older version.

I stopped updating the channel version around the time that the loader incorporated the online update feature. The feature will not work with the channel version (well, technically it would, but it's just going to download a dol to your SD card and the channel will remain the old version) and I think that will confuse some people....and I can imagine unnecessary complaints coming in. I would highly recommend to use the forwarder channel and put the latest loader on the SD card. This way you can have the channel as well as be able to update through the Wii.

krazycade

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yea I am currently using the forwarder channel. I think I will re partition my hard drive and do this right now I have used it and have 98% of the games working.

onionpalac

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Has anyone else experienced this?

Don't know if this is a bug or not.

Since after installing rev 14 my Wii has been freezing while at the "mounting device (harddrive)" screen in the the Config Loader.
It always loads correctly the second time after resetting the Wii.

Any ideas?

Thanks.

Dr. Clipper

Trophies
XP
Country
onionpalac said:
Has anyone else experienced this?

Don't know if this is a bug or not.

Since after installing rev 14 my Wii has been freezing while at the "mounting device (harddrive)" screen in the the Config Loader.
It always loads correctly the second time after resetting the Wii.

Any ideas?

Thanks.
Sounds like it's to do with your hard drive taking a long time to wake up. Try power cycling it before starting the loader, or turning Wii Connect 24 on/off in the Wii Settings.

onionpalac

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
OK - for now power cycling seemed to have fixed it.
If by power cycling you meant unplugging the drive and plugging it back in.
Thanks a lot there Dr.!
Thought there was a connection to rev 14 since it happened right after installing it.
Awesome . . .

Blue-K

No right of appeal.
Trophies
XP
Country
Swaziland
Ok...I fell in Love with this loader today, it's awesome
smile.gif
. Great work! Will use it definitely sometimes
biggrin.gif

But now...I would love to make a Theme for it, basicly everything is ready, but: I forgot how to make a Widescreen BG. Can anyone help me here out? I know that you have to resize it to 640x480...but I don't know how the size must be before you resize it...

Thanks in Advance
smile.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @salazarcosplay, Good.