Dr. Clipper

Trophies
XP
Country
oggzee said:
cfg v36 (release)

* added {CC} tag for urls (Country Code) based on
game region id expands to one of: EN FR DE JA KO
Thanks, but what about NTSC-US games? They need the US code.

Also, will that preferred region thing be added? I'd really like to use the Aussie covers where I can.

HeadFace40

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I love this loader so much! And after downloading the most recent updated version of it, I'm itching to know:
How do I make background music?

DonTlaloc

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
HeadFace40 said:
I love this loader so much! And after downloading the most recent updated version of it, I'm itching to know:
How do I make background music?

From README-CFG.txt:

# music = [1], 0, filename
# Play background music
# If option is set to: music = 1 (which is default) then it will search
# for music.mp3 or music.mod whichever is found first in sd:/usb-loader
# Or a filename can be specified (.mp3 or .mod) which can be
# relative to sd:/usb-loader or an absolute pathname
# Setting music = 0 will disable music

So simply put a mp3-file named music.mp3 in sd:/usb-loader

KennyBania

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
When I choose to download covers, other than 1 working, I get a message saying failed to open png on sd card etc

I downloaded about 1000 covers in a big pack but none of them show up either.

Is there a simple way to get covers working?

I too am loving this loader btw, the only one that runs all of my games and it looks good too (I like the Ultimate skin)

Dr. Clipper

Trophies
XP
Country
KennyBania said:
When I choose to download covers, other than 1 working, I get a message saying failed to open png on sd card etc

I too am loving this loader btw, the only one that runs all of my games and it looks good too (I like the Ultimate skin)
Check the images you downloaded. Do they have 4 characters in the filenames or 6? First, add the flat images to sd:/usb-loader/covers, the 3D images to sd:/usb-loader/covers/3d and the disc covers to sd:/usb-loader/covers/disc (or set the "covers_path_*" options to wherever you want them). If your images have 6 characters in the filename, also add "download_id_len = 6" to your config.txt.

oggzee

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Slovenia
Dr. Clipper said:
KennyBania said:

Check the images you downloaded. Do they have 4 characters in the filenames or 6? First, add the flat images to sd:/usb-loader/covers, the 3D images to sd:/usb-loader/covers/3d and the disc covers to sd:/usb-loader/covers/disc (or set the "covers_path_*" options to wherever you want them). If your images have 6 characters in the filename, also add "download_id_len = 6" to your config.txt.

Actually when loading covers both lengths are checked 6 and 4 whichever is found.
The option download_id_len controls only how the covers are saved after downloaded.

@KennyBania:
What I would check is are those covers really PNG images or are they JPEG?
Open one of the files for which it says failed to open png, with notepad and check if the first few letters are JFIF then it's a JPEG.
Where did you download the covers from?
Try downloading them from inside the loader.
Push dpad-left on the download covers option, that will force the download even if the file alerady exists.

zorglub07

Trophies
Website
gametdb.com
XP
Country
France
Dr. Clipper said:
The setup for the new option could be "CC_pref_PAL=[EN], FR, DE, ES, IT, NL, PO, AU" or something.
That's exactly what I told oggzee a while ago, but it was such a long time ago that he probably forgot
wink.gif

The setting could default to the Wii's language setting (as it is done for Loader GX), and be forced to another language with a setting.
There are no PO and AU settings on the Wii so those can't be detected.
An option could also be added to chose between different types of disc artwork: disc, custom disc, with a setting to allow falling back to the other type.

oggzee

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Slovenia
Dr. Clipper said:
Thanks, but what about NTSC-US games? They need the US code.
Also, will that preferred region thing be added? I'd really like to use the Aussie covers where I can.

Oh, forgot about US, will fix that.
And will add that pref region option too.
btw, for now as a temporary work-around you can just put both urls, to the list right?

oggzee

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Slovenia
zorglub07 said:
That's exactly what I told oggzee a while ago, but it was such a long time ago that he probably forgot
wink.gif

The setting could default to the Wii's language setting (as it is done for Loader GX), and be forced to another language with a setting.
An option could also be added to chose between different types of disc artwork: disc, custom disc, with a setting to allow falling back to the other type.

Yeah you told me
smile.gif

But it is more complex than it appears on first look, so I let that aside for a while...

Ok, so what would be the correct thing to do, i guess:

download_cc = [game], language, EN, FR, JA, AU, ...
download_cc_pal = EN, FR, JA, AU, ...

if download_cc = game, then: select the code based on the game region and if region is pal use download_cc_pal setting.

if download_cc = language, then: select the code based on the console language setting.

if download_cc = EN, FR, ..., then: use the specified setting regardless of game region or console language.

in any case, if cover not found, retry with EN

does that sound correct?

Dr. Clipper

Trophies
XP
Country
zorglub07 said:
So you propose something like:

"CC_pref_PAL=[CO], EN, FR, DE, ES, IT, NL, PO, AU"

where CO would choose the code based on console language? I guess that works.

As for choosing different disc artwork, we can already do that. Anybody can change the default URLs to be custom disc URLs falling back to standard in config.txt with relative ease. For those interested, this is all you need (once {CC} tag is fixed):
Code:
cover_url_disc = http://wiitdb.com/wiitdb/artwork/disccustom/{CC}/{ID6}.png
cover_url_disc += http://wiitdb.com/wiitdb/artwork/disc/{CC}/{ID6}.png
I'd also add the muntrue URLs, but the site appears to be down currently
tongue.gif

QUOTE(oggzee @ Jul 20 2009, 06:35 PM) Oh, forgot about US, will fix that.
And will add that pref region option too.
btw, for now as a temporary work-around you can just put both urls, to the list right?
Yeah, both URLs would work, but it sort of defeats the purpose of the region code for most people
tongue.gif
. Two URLs (or three to include AU) is still a workaround, yes.

And sorry to nag again, but I just want to make this clear: Unless the user preference is set to EN, the EN URL should be tried after the preference.

Edit: Just saw your new post. The method is not quite right. The multiple checks are ONLY needed for PAL region games. NTSC-U games should always use US. NTSC-J games should always use Japan. I guess Korean games should default to something else if KO isn't there, but I don't know.

So the download_cc code is not needed, but the download_cc_pal is, and the language option can be thrown into it as I mentioned earlier. EN should only be the last stop for PAL as well. EN covers don't exist for NTSC-U or NTSC-J games in WiiTDB.

KennyBania

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Yeah I have tried to download the covers from inside the loader but once they download it says error, can't open file on SD or something.

I'll hook the SD card up to my Mac now and see what's going on...

zorglub07

Trophies
Website
gametdb.com
XP
Country
France
oggzee said:
But it is more complex than it appears on first look, so I let that aside for a while...
(...)does that sound correct?I see what you mean by more complex, I was going for the simple way.
I think you could go exactly as Dr Clipper said in the following message, but with the possibility to force the region for all games as you said (nice for people that prefer the Japanese covers in general)

QUOTE(Dr. Clipper @ Jul 20 2009, 02:53 AM) "CC_pref_PAL=[CO], EN, FR, DE, ES, IT, NL, PO, AU"
(....)
As for choosing different disc artwork, we can already do that. Anybody can change the default URLs to be custom disc URLs falling back to standard in config.txt with relative ease
(...)
The multiple checks are ONLY needed for PAL region games. NTSC-U games should always use US. NTSC-J games should always use Japan. I guess Korean games should default to something else if KO isn't there, but I don't know.
So the download_cc code is not needed, but the download_cc_pal is, and the language option can be thrown into it as I mentioned earlier. EN should only be the last stop for PAL as well. EN covers don't exist for NTSC-U or NTSC-J games in WiiTDB.
That's absolutely right and how I thought it would be, the only thing missing is Chinese simplified and traditional, which should both be set to EN (are there official Chinese covers for Wii games?)
KO is available both for covers and in the database: http://wiitdb.com/Game/RMGK01
To allow forcing the region as oggzee said, that would make one setting to use the console language for PAL games except if a language is forced (needed for PO,AU) and one setting to make the forced language apply to all games. In that later case for RMGJ01 the loader would need to try downloading the AU cover for RMGP01 if the forced region is AU, and default to EN if it's not found.
That's nice for covers, I didn't notice this system. I'll probably split discs in more categories as Tom92 suggested to me in the WiiTDB thread (original, custom_marker, custom_?, custom_other)

Dr. Clipper

Trophies
XP
Country
zorglub07 said:
To allow forcing the region as oggzee said, that would make one setting to use the console language for PAL games except if a language is forced (needed for PO,AU) and one setting to make the forced language apply to all games. In that later case for RMGJ01 the loader would need to try downloading the AU cover for RMGP01 if the forced region is AU, and default to EN if it's not found.
That might be a nice idea, but it confuses things a lot. Personally, I'd like my imported games to appear with the US covers and locally bought ones to have the Aussie cover (so that the covers match my real boxes). Thus, I don't need it to override region like this. I can see that others might like to have a unified library, though.

oggzee

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Slovenia
@ zorglub07, Dr. Clipper:

Thanks for all the insights!
With all said I think I'll just got with the simplest approach, the first one Dr.Clipper mentioned, that is:
download_cc_pal = [EN], FR, AU, ...

If someone wants to force a specific language, he can then just edit the url and it's done.
Changing the download_cc or download_cc_pal will require you to edit the config anyway.

Dr. Clipper

Trophies
XP
Country
oggzee said:
@ zorglub07, Dr. Clipper:

Thanks for all the insights!
With all said I think I'll just got with the simplest approach, the first one Dr.Clipper mentioned, that is:
download_cc_pal = [EN], FR, AU, ...

If someone wants to force a specific language, he can then just edit the url and it's done.
Changing the download_cc or download_cc_pal will require you to edit the config anyway.
Sounds good to me. I can't wait to test it out.

oggzee

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Slovenia
Dr. Clipper said:
Sounds good to me. I can't wait to test it out.

About the game id 4th letter region code:

N - Japanese Import to USA and other NTSC regions

should this be mapped to JA or US?

Dr. Clipper

Trophies
XP
Country
oggzee said:
About the game id 4th letter region code:

N - Japanese Import to USA and other NTSC regions

should this be mapped to JA or US?
I don't know. I can't see any games listed on wiitdb with that in the ID (I searched all that included N, but may have missed one), so I don't think it matters which you choose for now. I guess it would be JA given that it seems it might be for games that are brought over without translation.

offtake

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Hi,

wonderful Loader... works perfect for me! BUT:

What's up with the Loadstructor support?
There is no loaders.ini and no .dol (or is it USBLoaderCFG_Forwarder.dol?)...

Thanks, 0+

oggzee

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Slovenia
offtake said:
Hi,

wonderful Loader... works perfect for me! BUT:

What's up with the Loadstructor support?
There is no loaders.ini and no .dol (or is it USBLoaderCFG_Forwarder.dol?)...

Thanks, 0+

I haven't really tested it too much, I just added the necessary support for it, so I would appreciate if someone can test it out.
Just copy SDUSB-Loader_cfg36.dol to loader_cfg.dol and use these ini settings:

CODE[Configurable Loader]
filename = loader_cfg.dolÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂ
author = oggzee
modder = oggzee
discIdPlaceHolder = GAMEIDÂÂÂÂ
configPlaceHolder = CFGUSB
RegionOverrideSupportÂÂ= 0
VerboseLogSupportÂÂ= 0ÂÂÂÂ
ForcedVideoSupport = 0
ForcedVideoSelectSupport = 0
OcarinaSupport = 0
LanguageSelectionSupport = 0
SDcardSupport = 0
VIDTVSupport = 0

And I think it should work.
The loader will use the same configuration as if normally started, so all the options above are not needed.
This is the binary GAMEID patch mode...

the alternative is to use the forwarder from uloader and place cfg loader boot.dol to the location of uloader... that's the 'command line argument' mode

wiiNinja

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Here are the files to be loaded into Loadstructor for creating channels:

http://www.mediafire.com/?jmjtjeggmzt

Put "CUSBL.Forwarder.dol" into the "loaders" directory, and put "loaders.ini" into your Loadstructor's main directory.
The file CUSBL.Forwarder.dol will look for "sd:/apps/usbloader_cfg/boot.dol"; this path is fixed.
I've only tested a handful of channels, but they all work. This is the forwarder method with an argument passed on to Config USB Loader.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    bassviolet @ bassviolet: uwu