Hacking Configurable USB Loader

speighty

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I have a 3.2e wii with softmii 2.2.1 and preloader.

I can load this usb loader oonce and then everytime after that it just times out.

Even if i turn the wii off and then on again its the same.

I have used the ultimate usb loader and that was fine.

Dr. Clipper

Trophies
XP
Country
speighty said:
I have a 3.2e wii with softmii 2.2.1 and preloader.

I can load this usb loader oonce and then everytime after that it just times out.

Even if i turn the wii off and then on again its the same.

I have used the ultimate usb loader and that was fine.
You mean it plays one game and the next doesn't work on the next until you reset the Wii, or that it only ever played one game? If the former, read the last few pages of the thread. It's because you updated to cIOS 38 rev 13 (IOS249). If the latter, try power cycling your USB drive and/or turning off WiiConnect24.

Also try installing Hermes' IOSes. They have better compatibility with drives. See here for more info.

QUOTE(oggzee @ Jul 17 2009, 04:21 AM) A few questions
smile.gif

1. can you send me the STACK DUMP numbers?
(or a snapshot of the screen)

2. does the installed game work fine anyway?
3. has the wiimote turned off by the time the game installs (before you press A)
4. does it crash if you press B instead of A and eject the DVD manually?
5. are you using background music?
6. how many games do you have installed?
7. if you think of other useful info let me know
smile.gif

The same thing happened to me a while back (around v31) on a single install (Klonoa, I think, and I've only bought two games since then), but I couldn't be bothered mentioning it because I thought it was just a random bug. Here's my answers for what I remember just in case it helps.
1. If it happens again, I'll take note.
2. Yes.
3. Yes. I turned the Wiimote back on and then pressed A before the crash.
4. No idea.
5. No.
6. 39-ish at the time.

HostileJava

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have also experienced this problem and it happens both if the wiimote is awake or if i have to wake it up. I have about 45 games now, it's been doing it since I started copying them over. I just hit the reset button after and it reboots fine back to the system menu. I use the forwarder channel to launch it.

Wii Warrior said:
oggzee said:
Wii Warrior said:
Getting a exception dsi code dump after installing games.
It happens straight after pressing A to eject.
I would say it happens intermittently but roughly about 1 out of every 3 games I install to the loader.
It has done it over the last few releases (cant comment on releases before the last 2 weeks)
Does it with waninkokos v10 and also Hermes 222

A few questions
smile.gif

1. can you send me the STACK DUMP numbers?
(or a snapshot of the screen)

2. does the installed game work fine anyway?
3. has the wiimote turned off by the time the game installs (before you press A)
4. does it crash if you press B instead of A and eject the DVD manually?
5. are you using background music?
6. how many games do you have installed?
7. if you think of other useful info let me know
smile.gif

Putting some games on at the minute.

1= Next time it does it I will post the the STACK DUMP numbers
2= The installed games boot up and starts ok but haven't spent much time playing lately to busy installing games.
3= That is a definate possibility that it only does it when the wiiremote has turned off (will make a note on future STACK DUMPS)
4= Haven't tried that method yet I have just been resetting when it happens but will try it.
5= No music used at all
6= I have 70 games installed
7= All I can think of is I use standard blue theme & standard config file, I boot into cfg loader from homebrew channel (simple mode is on startup) using 35c

I will post more info as I get it.

EDIT = I have also had a few stack dumps straight after the install reaches 100% but they are approx 1 in 12 games.

Dochog

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Question regarding global settings.

I have in my config

cover_style = disc

when the loader boots up it shows the disc images instead of the box art. I ran the newest update and then changed the theme and saved global settings.

Now the disc covers are not showing up even when I go back to the blue matrix #1 theme.

I still have the same line in my config but I can't seem to get the disc covers back.

What am I missing???

Dr. Clipper

Trophies
XP
Country
Dochog said:
Question regarding global settings.

I have in my config

cover_style = disc

when the loader boots up it shows the disc images instead of the box art. I ran the newest update and then changed the theme and saved global settings.

Now the disc covers are not showing up even when I go back to the blue matrix #1 theme.

I still have the same line in my config but I can't seem to get the disc covers back.

What am I missing???
Change or add the "cover_style=" line in sd:/usb-loader/themes/BlueMatrix/theme.txt.

speighty

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
This USB loader did see the hard drive but even if I didn't load a game and reset the wii the loader will not see the hard drive anymore no matter what I do.

I have tried all the cios from 9 to 13 and still won't show, I have tried it with wii connect 24 off but nothing just counts up to 30 and times out.

I don't think it's the hard drive as ultimate loader can read the hard drive, that also has a time out that counts down but after about 10 seconds the hard drive has been read and I can see it on screen.

What could be the problem, I also tried on another will with the same results, could not see the hard drive.

I also Installed ios 222 but that also didn't help.

Can anyone help.

mjfisher

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
speighty said:
This USB loader did see the hard drive but even if I didn't load a game and reset the wii the loader will not see the hard drive anymore no matter what I do.

I have tried all the cios from 9 to 13 and still won't show, I have tried it with wii connect 24 off but nothing just counts up to 30 and times out.

I don't think it's the hard drive as ultimate loader can read the hard drive, that also has a time out that counts down but after about 10 seconds the hard drive has been read and I can see it on screen.

What could be the problem, I also tried on another will with the same results, could not see the hard drive.

I also Installed ios 222 but that also didn't help.

Can anyone help.

Hi Speighty,

Are you using the usb loader's boot.dol directly from preloader? If so, I'd suggest using Narolez' forwarder instead and place the usbloader's boot.dol in one of the folders on either your sd card or usb partition. You may still get a timeout when you first start it up (it will give an error and then ask to reset the wii), but once the hard drive is powered up it should work again once the wii's reset. You could also try installing the channel forwarder and trying to run it through your system menu - that will confirm if it's a problem with your hard drive taking too long to power up on detection time.

Lil-Diabo

Trophies
XP
Country
here's that scrren some people are getting after dumping a disc translate

pressing the reset button on the wii displays reloading and resets it

2. yes it does
3. nope
4. haven't tried that
5. no
6. about 15
7. n/a

D

Deleted-119707

is the server for checking for updates and covers down? i seem to not be able to download

blackbird_001

Trophies
XP
Country
Swaziland
Hi @all

Sorry guys when i ask something that maybe was already explained on one of the 143 pages!

Problem:
the loader can't mount the FAT32 partition (250MB) on the external USB harddrive (Samsung S2 Portable 500GB) --> after 30 sec. timeout.
Mounting the drive works fine with Windows XP SP3 and Windows 2008 Server. Do i have to install also the USB2.0 device driver?

Installed:
cIOS 249 (Rev.13b)
cIOS 222/223
cfg v35 (release)
config and images on the external hd

thanks for answers

-Eric

usptactical

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
nicky041192 said:
is the server for checking for updates and covers down? i seem to not be able to download

The server for the updates is not down.

The server for the covers is actually 4 or 5 different servers - none of which are the update server. If none are working then check your internet connection.
wink.gif

Dr. Clipper

Trophies
XP
Country
blackbird_001 said:
Hi @all

Sorry guys when i ask something that maybe was already explained on one of the 143 pages!

Problem:
the loader can't mount the FAT32 partition (250MB) on the external USB harddrive (Samsung S2 Portable 500GB) --> after 30 sec. timeout.
Mounting the drive works fine with Windows XP SP3 and Windows 2008 Server. Do i have to install also the USB2.0 device driver?

Installed:
cIOS 249 (Rev.13b)
cIOS 222/223
cfg v35 (release)
config and images on the external hd

thanks for answers

-Eric
Is the partition marked as active?
To find out, run diskmgmt.msc and it should tell you whether it is active. If not, right-click and select "Mark Partition as Active".

KennyBania

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Switched to this loader due to big probs with GX and now I have a couple here
frown.gif

1. Changing options like themes etc do not save when I reboot.

2. All of the individual game options like 002 fix etc are all greyed out and I can't access them.

KennyBania

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
KennyBania said:
Switched to this loader due to big probs with GX and now I have a couple here
frown.gif

1. Changing options like themes etc do not save when I reboot.

2. All of the individual game options like 002 fix etc are all greyed out and I can't access them.

Ok, I fixed it. Turns out when I had the actual Channel installed it had these errors. But now loading the dol off the SD card both those problems are fixed.

Now is there a way to start the loader in the list view with the box images on the side rather than the coverflow view?

DonTlaloc

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
KennyBania said:
Now is there a way to start the loader in the list view with the box images on the side rather than the coverflow view?

If you mean the console mode, then yes, that's actually the default mode:

# gui = [1], 0, start
# Enable or disable GUI mode.
# Using gui = start will start directly in GUI mode when loader is started.

so if you have 'gui = start' in your config.txt just set it to 'gui = 1' (or 0 if you want to disable the gui) or simply remove the line.

speighty

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I managed to fix it, turned out to be the enclosure i was using.

I just have one more question, how do i enable the full cover image.

You can download them from wii boxart and the if you press up on the wii remote it switches to the back cover.

Just wondered if i need to add a new folder.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's not a Nintendo / iQue official product, it's a 3rd party custom.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Nothing special about it other than it's more comfortable than the Lite
    for people with beefy hands.
    +1
  • Jayro @ Jayro:
    I have yaoi anime hands, very lorge but slender.
  • Jayro @ Jayro:
    I'm Slenderman.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I have hands.
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    imagine not having hands, cringe
    +1
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    ESPECIALLY for things I do to myself :sad:.. :tpi::rofl2: Or others :shy::blush::evil:
    +1
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    @SylverReZ if you could find a v5 DS ML you would have the best of both worlds since the v5 units had the same backlight brightness levels as the DS Lite unlockable with flashme
    but that's a long shot
    i think only the red mario kart edition phat was v5
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    A woman with no arms and no legs was sitting on a beach. A man comes along and the woman says, "I've never been hugged before." So the man feels bad and hugs her. She says "Well i've also never been kissed before." So he gives her a kiss on the cheek. She says "Well I've also never been fucked before." So the man picks her up, and throws her in the ocean and says "Now you're fucked."
    +2
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    lmao
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    anyways, we need to re-normalize physical media

if i didn't want my games to be permanent, then i'd rent them
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Agreed, that why I try to buy all my games on disc, Xbox anyways. Switch games (which I pirate tbh) don't matter much, I stay offline 24/7 anyways.
    I don't pirate them, I Use Them :mellow:. Like I do @BigOnYa 's couch :tpi::evil::rofl2:
    +1
  • cearp @ cearp:
    @BakerMan - you can still "own" digital media, arguably easier and better than physical since you can make copies and backups, as much as you like.

The issue is DRM
  • cearp @ cearp:
    You can buy drm free games / music / ebooks, and if you keep backups of your data (like documents and family photos etc), then you shouldn't lose the game. but with a disk, your toddler could put it in the toaster and there goes your $60

:rofl2:
  • cearp @ cearp:
    still, I agree physical media is nice to have. just pointing out the issue is drm
  • rqkaiju2 @ rqkaiju2:
    i like physical media because it actually feels like you own it. thats why i plan on burning music to cds
  • cearp @ cearp:
    It's nice to not have to have a lot of physical things though, saves space
    +1
    Nor clothes 🤮 . Saves on time, soap, water and money having to wash them. :D
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @rqkaiju2, Physical media is a great source for archiving your data, none of that cloud storage shiz.
    +1
    [squeezes @SylverReZ onto a physical media, then archives you in my old stuff box] :tpi::rofl2::tpi:
    +1
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: [squeezes @SylverReZ onto a physical media, then archives you in my old stuff box]... +1