9th_Sage

Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
dah69 said:
just for the future should i try and get at NTFS rips if my console is american. Or with homebrew does format not matter?
I think you must mean NTSC, and I would say that it's better to play NTSC games. Some games don't like being forced to display in video modes other than what they were meant to display in.

gooberman

Trophies
XP
Country
Hi,

Firstly thanks to all developers and coders for bringing this loader to us.
I am not experiencing any major problems so far except for 2 Games, These being Mortal Kombat Armageddon (NTSC) and Red Steel (PAL)

My system is a PAL Wii (3.3E) with CIOS 38 R13b. The Gamma Loader used to run the Mortal Kombat Armageddon when forced to PAL 60, but the configurable usb loader just resets the wii after the control screen, Red Steel just resets after the Nintendo License screen.

Any advice on settings would be much appreciated. (has anyone got these games working with this loader?)

Thanks again.

EDIT: should have mentioned that the ISO images have been patched to IOS249 with Waninkoko's Version Patcher

EDIT (again): Just found that I need to replace the main.dol file with MK7.dol and recreate the Image for MKA, Believe that Red Steel Does Not work - is this correct?

Alex Finlay

Trophies
XP
Country
i think redsteel works but i think you have to do the same method and search for the alternate dol.

Ok a question i used Hermes ios's (both of them) i tested them on COD:WAW and when i click reset instead of putting me to the bootmii opinions it actualy resets to the main menu, but is their any Iso that actualy resets the Game ISO so can restart from a previous save.

Also thanks oggzee and usptactical i finaly for the usb part working without the sd card, just to report a bug with the universal channel when you go to copy the channel to SD card it says it "file cannot be copied to sd card" summit like that and on the icon its "???" can you fix this.

Thanks, Great job, you got my vote ages ago. Also were you save the global settting can you update it so that when you update the base Boot.dol for sd card it looks for the USB boot.dol also so it updates both? if it does this anyways thanks im not 100% sure. Also can you add these things in
1. Ability to use ocarina.txt
2. download backs of Games
3. Actualy use the Disc covers in a theme.
If i think of more are post it anyways ive read about and ive seen these mentioned before.

Dr. Clipper

Trophies
XP
Country
gooberman said:
I am not experiencing any major problems so far except for 2 Games, These being Mortal Kombat Armageddon (NTSC) and Red Steel (PAL)
Forget replacing .dols and extracting them from the files. Those are both old methods (well, one of them is only an old method for us... GX still needs the long, complicated approach).

The simple fix is just to use the "Alternative dol" option on the game and set it to "Disc". When loading, the game will provide you a choice of .dol to use. Pick the one that isn't "main.dol" with D-pad left/right and push 2 to save it or A to start the game. If you save both the game option for alt dol being on and the choice of .dol, you will never have to do it again.

Dochog

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am getting a glitch that I don't remember reading anything about. If I start the loader (forward channel from SD), the default gui menu pops up. When I scroll through my long list of games, before I get to the end (the images haven't even finished loading yet) I get booted to the homebrew channel.

This also happened when I was downloading all of the missing covers. I selected download all missing covers and the process started. I left for a few minutes and when I came back I am looking at the homebrew channel.

running rev 10 and newest cfg loader update

9th_Sage

Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
Dr. Clipper said:
The simple fix is just to use the "Alternative dol" option on the game and set it to "Disc". When loading, the game will provide you a choice of .dol to use. Pick the one that isn't "main.dol" with D-pad left/right and push 2 to save it or A to start the game. If you save both the game option for alt dol being on and the choice of .dol, you will never have to do it again.
Whoa, wait...when the heck did he add that? That's pretty great.

D

Deleted-119707

it works with 4.0
smile.gif

someone answer my post before XD

Alex Finlay

Trophies
XP
Country
Dr. Clipper said:
gooberman said:
Forget replacing .dols and extracting them from the files. Those are both old methods (well, one of them is only an old method for us... GX still needs the long, complicated approach).

In my opinion that isnt a old method as im not going to buy 4.7 Gig cd's just for 1 alternate dol when i could use gammer loader, i suggest using the old method as its not hard to find the alternate dol and you dont need to waste space on a perfectly good cd.

oggzee

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Slovenia
Alex Finlay said:
In my opinion that isnt a old method as im not going to buy 4.7 Gig cd's just for 1 alternate dol when i could use gammer loader, i suggest using the old method as its not hard to find the alternate dol and you dont need to waste space on a perfectly good cd.

Seems you misunderstood what the alternative dol from disc is all about
smile.gif

hint: disc image, not physical dvd medium.

Dr. Clipper

Trophies
XP
Country
Alex Finlay said:
oggzee already corrected you on this, but where in my method did I say "first, burn a copy of your game onto a DVD"? This doesn't need you to do anything, and you actually save the space both on your SD card and on your PC hard drive as there is no need to extract the .iso.

zektor

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What do people not understand about the new method? Maybe it's worded incorrectly somewhere...

Think of it this way instead:

NO more extracting alt .dol files to play your games! Just turn on an option in the loader and go!

Hmm...makes me wonder if the option to even boot an alt .dol from SD should be removed? IE: no more option to choose between sd/disc. It would avoid confusion and I really see no reason whatsoever to keep the old SD method active in the loader at all....unless someone can point out a valid reason to keep it.

Dr. Clipper

Trophies
XP
Country
zektor said:
Hmm...makes me wonder if the option to even boot an alt .dol from SD should be removed? IE: no more option to choose between sd/disc. It would avoid confusion and I really see no reason whatsoever to keep the old SD method active in the loader at all....unless someone can point out a valid reason to keep it.
I did ponder on that fact myself when we first got the disc option. I realised it may have a use down the line if people make hacked .dols to get some of the other games that don't work at the moment going. Those won't exist in the image already, so a way to specify them externally is needed.

zektor

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Dr. Clipper said:
zektor said:
I did ponder on that fact myself when we first got the disc option. I realised it may have a use down the line if people make hacked .dols to get some of the other games that don't work at the moment going. Those won't exist in the image already, so a way to specify them externally is needed.

Good point. I actually thought of this a few seconds after I posted. Better to keep the feature in in that case.

oggzee

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Slovenia
WiiModWiis said:
Is there a good download site for Background Themes?? I've been searching forever and only found the USB Loader GX background theme site http://wii.spiffy360.com/index.php

I don't think those will work with USB Configurable Loader. Anyone know of a site w/ compatible images or even a d/l'able pack??

here are a few additional themes:

QUOTE(DonTlaloc @ Jun 28 2009, 04:26 PM) Great, I was just waiting for what the naming scheme would be, here they are:
Nature, Nature_3D & Sunrise_3D

Dr. Clipper

Trophies
XP
Country
WiiModWiis said:
Is there a good download site for Background Themes?? I've been searching forever and only found the USB Loader GX background theme site http://wii.spiffy360.com/index.php

I don't think those will work with USB Configurable Loader. Anyone know of a site w/ compatible images or even a d/l'able pack??
I doubt there are any out there. None of them have ever been mentioned in this thread at least, and oggzee includes any of the themes posted here that are any good in the official package.

Tonight, I might try determining the coordinates of the consoles in the GX themes. That way, you could just use any of the GX theme backgrounds in Configurable without any trouble. You won't get the clock or the buttons, but the background art in those themes is compatible.

Edit: Oh wait, I forgot, there is a site that was listed in here ages ago: http://www.usob.pandorasims.net/skins.html.

Use layout=kosaic, and set the background image options and you should be good. No matching GUI backgrounds, though.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    S @ salazarcosplay: @Xdqwerty how are you