Alex Finlay

Trophies
XP
Country
DaFees said:
pepxl said:
Dr. Clipper said:
DaFees said:
Well I am going to just say I love the progress on this loader and I can't wait for full cover support (front, spine, back)! Also you mentioned Ocarina TXT support at first I was like what is that? So I looked it up and realized how awesome Ocarina TXT is and if anything that'll be the next major feature I look forward to, :-)
Just to satisfy those curious ones among us, how does TXT differ from normal Ocarina?

i think he mean editing a .gct file by selecting the cheats u want on or off via the loader then resaving the .gct files with thos cheat enabled???

Ok, to quote the USB loader releases wiki, if I may, "Ocarina TXT: Cheats for Wii games (no GCT creation needed, and individual cheat activation/deactivation can be made from within USB loader)"

I think that basically means it's exactly how the gameshark would have worked from the N64 days. You have a list of cheats (the txt file) and the loader reads that file in a way that you can select which cheats you want to use.
Thats right but, in the homebrew apps their is a code Downloader and a code changer. Maybe no need for this? Anyways i think its a good idea. But some of the cheats don't work for certain games for a anoying reason.

royvedas

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
zektor said:
Dr. Clipper said:
Full channels can't be auto-updated, so there is no longer any point to using them.

Precisely the reason I have not updated the channel version. If there is an extreme need for it, I suppose I can whip it up with the latest release, but it is much more recommended at this point to use the forwarder and enable yourself to update easily.

Is this true? Isn't the homebrew channel "a full channel"? It has an update feature, doesn't it?

gooberman

Trophies
XP
Country
All the coders and contributers never cease to astound me, thanks for all your hard work.
The wife is over the moon as we no longer have tons and tons of DVD's hanging around all over the place, and the kids are well happy that they don't have to keep loading different disks.

Thanks again and a donation will be on it's way (once funds permit)

Regards

Alex Finlay

Trophies
XP
Country
royvedas said:
zektor said:
Dr. Clipper said:
Full channels can't be auto-updated, so there is no longer any point to using them.

Precisely the reason I have not updated the channel version. If there is an extreme need for it, I suppose I can whip it up with the latest release, but it is much more recommended at this point to use the forwarder and enable yourself to update easily.

Is this true? Isn't the homebrew channel "a full channel"? It has an update feature, doesn't it?

yes thats true, and the homebrew channel doesnt have a update feature, you have to reinstall it every update their is.

Also i think they would way a channel could update itself would be if it had wad manager in it, some how uninstalled it self at the same time it installed the update or installed over its self.

gd48202

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I apologize if this has been answered already, but I did not want to go thru 138 pages to find the answer. How exactly does the online update work? Is there something I have to press to get it to update?

Thanks in advance!

Jodiskett

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
gd48202 said:
I apologize if this has been answered already, but I did not want to go thru 138 pages to find the answer. How exactly does the online update work? Is there something I have to press to get it to update?

Thanks in advance!

press button 1 twice
Choose update option with crosshair
and after you have many choice , choose the last version

zektor

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
xzxero said:
zektor said:
Dr. Clipper said:

Now your posts are fixed.

Exactly, if you really want an app as a channel, simply make a fowarder for it.

Well, thanks for taking the liberty of "fixing" our posts. Sorry, I do not make it a habit of posting in bold all that often...heh..

User423

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Hey Oggzee!

I want to use the ehcmodule.elf from the cfg33 (stablest one) into the newest Loader (load external module?). I have read, that I have to use that one from uLoader v2.1. So I got the package of 2.1 and got the ehcmodule.elf from the "cios_mload_installer.rar" file. Is that the right one? Where I have to put the file? I want to use that, because the new loader is unstable for me while playing. (I use 223-mload)
dry.gif

usptactical

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
boy2048 said:
Hey Oggzee!

I want to use the ehcmodule.elf from the cfg33 (stablest one) into the newest Loader (load external module?). I have read, that I have to use that one from uLoader v2.1. So I got the package of 2.1 and got the ehcmodule.elf from the "cios_mload_installer.rar" file. Is that the right one? Where I have to put the file? I want to use that, because the new loader is unstable for me while playing. (I use 223-mload)
dry.gif

Just put it in your usbloader path ( e.g. sd:/usb-loader ).

DaFees

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ok I have an interested question. I doubt this is possible, YET, but could I have a hard drive formatted as nothing but WBFS in one slot and then a usb flash drive in the other slot to store the apps folder and usb-loader folder?

Dr. Clipper

Trophies
XP
Country
DaFees said:
ok I have an interested question. I doubt this is possible, YET, but could I have a hard drive formatted as nothing but WBFS in one slot and then a usb flash drive in the other slot to store the apps folder and usb-loader folder?
Nope, and I doubt it ever will be. I'm pretty sure you would need an IOS to provide the drive functionality in the other port, and why would any of the IOS guys add that feature? However, maybe it could work if you connected a hub to the USB port and the drives to the hub. Still, you'd probably have to code the support for that up yourself as there is no real reason to do it. Just partition your drive or use an SD card.

DaFees

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Dr. Clipper said:
DaFees said:
Nope, and I doubt it ever will be. I'm pretty sure you would need an IOS to provide the drive functionality in the other port, and why would any of the IOS guys add that feature? However, maybe it could work if you connected a hub to the USB port and the drives to the hub. Still, you'd probably have to code the support for that up yourself as there is no real reason to do it. Just partition your drive or use an SD card.

Well I went ahead and partitioned my drive but not without undue issues. I have a question, is there any way to simply shrink, expand, modify (do anything to the size of the two partitions) without the wbfs partition becoming messed up and forcing me to reformat the wbfs partition?

Dr. Clipper

Trophies
XP
Country
DaFees said:
Well I went ahead and partitioned my drive but not without undue issues. I have a question, is there any way to simply shrink, expand, modify (do anything to the size of the two partitions) without the wbfs partition becoming messed up and forcing me to reformat the wbfs partition?
You can tweak the FAT partition, even split it and make a second WBFS partition (which cfg UL should be able to handle eventually according to oggzee's To Do List). However, I don't think there's anything you can do with the existing WBFS partition without reformatting. The partitioning tool would need to know how to handle the formatting, and none of the currently available ones do. Perhaps someone will make up a WBFS-capable GParted image, but I wouldn't hold your breath.

dah69

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey I been messing around with this loader and usb loader GX.

It seems like some of my games when they play on this loader come up loading fine but there is a nice little grain film grain over the entire screen. i don't know how else to explain it. basically everything is flushed gray and its grainy looking.

i load it up on GX and it works fine..

Personally i think this loader is much better than GX(gx cant even find artwork sometimes)

i was wondering if anyone has had similar problems and knows how to fix them in the settings or something.

Thanks!

Edit: Not related to the same problem but sometimes the loader hangs at "booting wii game, please wait" and does nothing. i can hit the reset button so the console isnt locked up.
just figured i'd throw that out there too if anyone as anything to say about that.
Thanks guys!

Dr. Clipper

Trophies
XP
Country
dah69 said:
Edit: Not related to the same problem but sometimes the loader hangs at "booting wii game, please wait" and does nothing. i can hit the reset button so the console isnt locked up.
just figured i'd throw that out there too if anyone as anything to say about that.
Thanks guys!
This is not a problem with the loader, but with the IOS. Here's the solution:

When you want to quit a game to start another, push Home and then select "Reset" rather than "Wii Menu". This should work for most games, except some will just restart the game (Nintendo-published titles do this, not many others do). In this case, hold the power button on the Wii Remote and the console will reset. Using these procedures to get back to the Wii Menu will mean the next chosen game won't hang.

Incidentally, this is not a problem with the Loader, but a problem with the IOS. Revision 14 will probably fix the problem too.

I'm not sure about your other problem, but try forcing different video modes (especially console default rather than game default) and see what happens. None of the video options will harm your Wii and there's only a few, so you should be able to find the right setup with a little trial and error.

kingtuk1

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
since uLOADER has a new ehcmodule.elf
Do you need to update it?
because some people are saying they are having stability problems according to the forums...

I am running mload 223 just fine with working mics and great hard drive detection on 35 final release

What is the ehcmodule.elf supposed to do?

mjfisher

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Dr. Clipper said:
I'm not sure about your other problem, but try forcing different video modes (especially console default rather than game default) and see what happens. None of the video options will harm your Wii and there's only a few, so you should be able to find the right setup with a little trial and error.
That's a great suggestion Dr. Clipper. I had problems with my PAL Red Steel using altdol method (black screen at the aquarium scene and static audio which I know others have also had), and changing the vid options from Game Default to System Default fixed it up beautifully
yay.gif

usptactical

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
mjfisher said:
Dr. Clipper said:
That's a great suggestion Dr. Clipper. I had problems with my PAL Red Steel using altdol method (black screen at the aquarium scene and static audio which I know others have also had), and changing the vid options from Game Default to System Default fixed it up beautifully
yay.gif

As a general question: Is there any reason why you WOULDN'T want the video to default to System Default? If not, we'll probably just change it to default to System Default in a future release.

dah69

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just for the record i'm pretty sure making it system default fixed all my problems.

thanks a bunch guys. this forum has been very helpful. i spent two all nighters trying to sort out all my problems haha

just for the future should i try and get at NTFS rips if my console is american. Or with homebrew does format not matter?

also any one know where i should start looking for games. already torrented a bunch but i'm not really trying to have monitored trackers and get a nice government letter in the mail.

Rapidshare premium may be the only safe way to go. Any1 want to split an account ^^

-----sorry some of this doesnt even relate to the thread topic

mjfisher

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
usptactical said:
mjfisher said:
Dr. Clipper said:
yay.gif

As a general question: Is there any reason why you WOULDN'T want the video to default to System Default? If not, we'll probably just change it to default to System Default in a future release.
Just my two cents worth - Out of the 150 or so that I've tried, only Red Steel (PAL) and Crash Bandicoot Mind Over Mutant (PAL) are the only games I have found so far that I've needed to change this setting for. I found that I've run some NTSC ones in the past on my PAL Wii and they haven't worked when set to System Default but loaded fine when set to Game Default. I don't think there'll ever be an all in one solution for this type of thing so I'd prefer to leave it as it is - it's really stable AND compatible with games for me (a lot more than GX is) and I would see it as more of an unnecessary risk than a benefit. PS - Coverflow rocks!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @salazarcosplay, fine i guess