Hacking Configurable USB Loader

DonTlaloc

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
speighty said:
I just have one more question, how do i enable the full cover image.

You can download them from wii boxart and the if you press up on the wii remote it switches to the back cover.

Just wondered if i need to add a new folder.

From the release notes to v35:

CODEÂÂ - Currently only 2D flat front covers are supported.ÂÂFull cover image (front, spine,
ÂÂÂÂ back) support will be added in a future release.

leondmsmith

Trophies
XP
Country
blackbird_001 said:
Hi @all

Sorry guys when i ask something that maybe was already explained on one of the 143 pages!

Problem:
the loader can't mount the FAT32 partition (250MB) on the external USB harddrive (Samsung S2 Portable 500GB) --> after 30 sec. timeout.
Mounting the drive works fine with Windows XP SP3 and Windows 2008 Server. Do i have to install also the USB2.0 device driver?

Installed:
cIOS 249 (Rev.13b)
cIOS 222/223
cfg v35 (release)
config and images on the external hd

thanks for answers

-Eric

I assume you havent set the partition to the WBFS format, this is more than likely the reason or if you have set it to WBFS then maybe you have an incompatible hard drive, check the stickies and have a look, you can get WBFS manager to make it the correct format and it will copy games across too.

blackbird_001

Trophies
XP
Country
Swaziland
leondmsmith said:
blackbird_001 said:
Hi @all

Sorry guys when i ask something that maybe was already explained on one of the 143 pages!

Problem:
the loader can't mount the FAT32 partition (250MB) on the external USB harddrive (Samsung S2 Portable 500GB) --> after 30 sec. timeout.
Mounting the drive works fine with Windows XP SP3 and Windows 2008 Server. Do i have to install also the USB2.0 device driver?

Installed:
cIOS 249 (Rev.13b)
cIOS 222/223
cfg v35 (release)
config and images on the external hd

thanks for answers

-Eric

I assume you havent set the partition to the WBFS format, this is more than likely the reason or if you have set it to WBFS then maybe you have an incompatible hard drive, check the stickies and have a look, you can get WBFS manager to make it the correct format and it will copy games across too.

@Dr. Clipper thanks for your hint. After i marked the partition as active, all is working like a charm.

@leondmsmith thanks for your answer

Bronzodiriace

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Wii Warrior said:
Getting a exception dsi code dump after installing games.

It happens straight after pressing A to eject.
I would say it happens intermittently but roughly about 1 out of every 3 games I install to the loader.

It has done it over the last few releases (cant comment on releases before the last 2 weeks)

Does it with waninkokos v10 and also Hermes 222
the same for me, after intalling the game, dsi code dump

TyRaNtM

I did some projects..
Trophies
Website
www.power-ups.net
XP
Country
Cote d'Ivoire
Can I suggest something? The online updates work really well, but also have a "little problem".
When you update, the only form to see the new update is exit from the Configurable USB Loader and reload it.

The thing is that, can you add a feature that, when you update, the Configurable USB Loader itself reboot?

skylinekiller

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
does anyone have a fix for Punchout or Guitar Hero Metallica? the screen stays on the boxer ring in Punchout and I can only move the mouse around. Guitar Hero works all the way until Iwant to start and play a venue. Any Help?

DaFees

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Two things; First, I am playing Tiger Woods 2010 Golf and the load with alt. dol once then not load with alt. dol worked perfectly and the game plays great (I just wish the wii was more powerful so the graphics could be better, but oh well,
smile.gif
)

Second thing is is there a time table for when we could expect wiitdb support added into this loader, because I've seen the wiitdb grow and it is super awesome providing a ton possible options for organizing or grouping games and such?

Thank you as always and keep up the great work!

oggzee

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Slovenia
Dr. Clipper said:
Hey oggzee, sorry to be a nag, but could that new region tag that converts to "EN", "US" or "JA" for URLs please be added soon?

Ah, yes forgot about that one, how should i name it, {REGION} already exists, so either:
{LANG}, {LANG2}, {REGION2}, {COUNTRY}, {COUNTRY2}
what sounds more appropriate?
or just {CC} for country code?

And, hmm, should that be based on the game region (from ID) or console language setting?
When we integrate wiitdb, that will be a separate setting anyway i think.

loskorns

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
Hello to all, i have a issue with the configurable usb loader channel, it works great from HBC, but when i install the channel the wiimote doesn't work, an i can't do anything except turn off my wii.

Can anyone help me?

Sorry my bad english, greetings from Argentina.

Posts merged

Hello to all, i have a issue with the configurable usb loader channel, it works great from HBC, but when i install the channel the wiimote doesn't work, an i can't do anything except turn off my wii.

Can anyone help me?

Sorry my bad english, greetings from Argentina.

wilsonmeier

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Hi, first thanks for that great tool and consistent updates.
I did an update to 36b (beta) with built-in ocarina manager. Great Idea.
But 2 Bugs limited the fun.
First Bug:
If to many cheats are available (like for Zelda-Twilight ...) i get a parse error.
Second Bug:
If there are more cheats available the scroll doesn't work right. The Message "Puch B Button to return" jumps around and i can't select the cheats above.

It would also be great if the cheat manager shows the already selected cheats at reopening the manager.

Thanks.

wilson

Dr. Clipper

Trophies
XP
Country
oggzee said:
Dr. Clipper said:
Hey oggzee, sorry to be a nag, but could that new region tag that converts to "EN", "US" or "JA" for URLs please be added soon?

Ah, yes forgot about that one, how should i name it, {REGION} already exists, so either:
{LANG}, {LANG2}, {REGION2}, {COUNTRY}, {COUNTRY2}
what sounds more appropriate?
or just {CC} for country code?

And, hmm, should that be based on the game region (from ID) or console language setting?
When we integrate wiitdb, that will be a separate setting anyway i think.
Given that this fix is for the wiitdb images, they probably could be integrated. {COUNTRY} or {CC} are probably the best option names, given the context of the thing. It should be primarily based off the game region (because the alternate languages don't exist for NTSC games on the site), but perhaps you could set a preferred language for PAL games via another option (not console language as I'll explain below) and it would try that before automatically trying EN.

In that way, I could even get Aussie covers to show up by setting the preferred PAL country to AU. For PAL games, the loader would try to give me the AU cover, but if it failed, it would fall back to EN (similarly to how the {ID} tag works). The defaults for the three regions for fall back would be EN, US and JA, although I don't think either of the NTSC regions have alternate countries in WiiTDB yet, so maybe you would only need to add the preferred option for PAL.

The setup for the new option could be "CC_pref_PAL=[EN], FR, DE, ES, IT, NL, PO, AU" or something.

oggzee

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Slovenia
cfg v36 (release)

http://sharebee.com/244fe5c4
(or online update)

Code:
Changes (since 36 beta):

* Minor cleanups of the Cheat Manager
ÂÂ Increased limits for cheat codes (per game):
ÂÂ max 256 cheats, max 1000 total code lines

* added {CC} tag for urls (Country Code) based on
ÂÂ game region id expands to one of: EN FR DE JA KO

Changes (since 35 release):

cfg v36b (beta)
* Ocarina TXT (Cheat Code Manager)
ÂÂ (based on wiicmpnc and wiiflow)

* Loadstructor support (launch a game directly)
ÂÂ (either by binary gameid patch or forwarder param)

* Online update: size check

cfg v35d (bugfix)
* Fixed crash after installing a game

cfg v35c (bugfix)
* Stability improvements for games that require alt.dol.
ÂÂFixes freezes and glitches in MOH2, FIFA08 (maybe others as well)

HostileJava

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sweet! Thanks for the constant updates. I was just coming on here to mention the cheat problem and it looks like it's already been fixed.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Jayro, I don't see whats so special about the DS ML, its just a DS lite in a phat shell. At least the phat model had louder speakers, whereas the lite has a much better screen.
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    They probably said "Hey, why not we combine the two together and make a 'new' DS to sell".
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's a DS Lite in a slightly bigger DS Lite shell.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's not a Nintendo / iQue official product, it's a 3rd party custom.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Nothing special about it other than it's more comfortable than the Lite
    for people with beefy hands.
    +1
  • Jayro @ Jayro:
    I have yaoi anime hands, very lorge but slender.
  • Jayro @ Jayro:
    I'm Slenderman.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I have hands.
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    imagine not having hands, cringe
    +1
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    ESPECIALLY for things I do to myself :sad:.. :tpi::rofl2: Or others :shy::blush::evil:
    +1
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    @SylverReZ if you could find a v5 DS ML you would have the best of both worlds since the v5 units had the same backlight brightness levels as the DS Lite unlockable with flashme
    but that's a long shot
    i think only the red mario kart edition phat was v5
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    A woman with no arms and no legs was sitting on a beach. A man comes along and the woman says, "I've never been hugged before." So the man feels bad and hugs her. She says "Well i've also never been kissed before." So he gives her a kiss on the cheek. She says "Well I've also never been fucked before." So the man picks her up, and throws her in the ocean and says "Now you're fucked."
    +2
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    lmao
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    anyways, we need to re-normalize physical media

if i didn't want my games to be permanent, then i'd rent them
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Agreed, that why I try to buy all my games on disc, Xbox anyways. Switch games (which I pirate tbh) don't matter much, I stay offline 24/7 anyways.
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    I don't pirate them, I Use Them :mellow:. Like I do @BigOnYa 's couch :tpi::evil::rofl2:
    +1
  • cearp @ cearp:
    @BakerMan - you can still "own" digital media, arguably easier and better than physical since you can make copies and backups, as much as you like.

The issue is DRM
  • cearp @ cearp:
    You can buy drm free games / music / ebooks, and if you keep backups of your data (like documents and family photos etc), then you shouldn't lose the game. but with a disk, your toddler could put it in the toaster and there goes your $60

:rofl2:
  • cearp @ cearp:
    still, I agree physical media is nice to have. just pointing out the issue is drm
  • rqkaiju2 @ rqkaiju2:
    i like physical media because it actually feels like you own it. thats why i plan on burning music to cds
  • cearp @ cearp:
    It's nice to not have to have a lot of physical things though, saves space
    cearp @ cearp: It's nice to not have to have a lot of physical things though, saves space