Hacking Configurable USB Loader

PNo4

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
oggzee said:
Yes, cfg loader has a work-around, so that it works with both cios 9 and 10 revisions.

Cool cool.

Hmm, not sure if i should ask this but, i'll go for it.

Ever thought of removing all console-text-based stuff, and go for pure graphical Loader (not by using: libwiigui), but still pure graphical selection of the games?

I think a pure graphical gameselection screen would be nice looking, and great if you configure the loader for "kids".

oggzee

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Slovenia
Narolez said:
Last, here are the 3d noimage png's

Normal: [url=http://www.mediafire.com/file/wtdzmcxwy0z/noimage.png]http://www.mediafire.com/file/wtdzmcxwy0z/noimage.png[/url]
Wide: [url=http://www.mediafire.com/file/wcgv5wnnml3/noimage_wide.png]http://www.mediafire.com/file/wcgv5wnnml3/noimage_wide.png[/url]

Thanks for help ..
wink.gif

Hmm, how come these 3d noimage pngs have black background?

Posts merged

QUOTE(PNo4 @ Apr 26 2009, 11:58 PM) Cool cool.
Hmm, not sure if i should ask this but, i'll go for it.

Ever thought of removing all console-text-based stuff, and go for pure graphical Loader (not by using: libwiigui), but still pure graphical selection of the games?

I think a pure graphical gameselection screen would be nice looking, and great if you configure the loader for "kids".

I'm considering this. But there's still some polish needed to be done before I start something like that.

oggzee

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Slovenia
dachiznitt said:
Few game IDs for you.. 4th letter is E.
R29E, R33E, RDGE, RF9E

Hey, yes, there was a bug involved with ntsc covers, will be fixed in next rel.
Thanks for your assistance
wink.gif

Narolez

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
@oggzee:
Here are the noimages for 3d and disc with transparent background: http://www.mediafire.com/file/nntjmevydim/...3d_and_disc.rar

Another issue:

If you download a cover and it is not available, a 1 kb png file will be created in the cover directory and you can't download the cover again. For the loader the cover is "found". The loader shows the noimage png but not the one from the sd. It shows always the noimage stub version.
Tested with 3d cover style. Please take a look ...

oggzee

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Slovenia
Narolez said:
@oggzee:
Here are the noimages for 3d and disc with transparent background: [url=http://www.mediafire.com/file/nntjmevydim/...3d_and_disc.rar]http://www.mediafire.com/file/nntjmevydim/...3d_and_disc.rar[/url]

Another issue:

If you download a cover and it is not available, a 1 kb png file will be created in the cover directory and you can't download the cover again. For the loader the cover is "found". The loader shows the noimage png but not the one from the sd. It shows always the noimage stub version.
Tested with 3d cover style. Please take a look ...

Fixed, tnx for bringing it up. next rel.

Posts merged

QUOTE(ulysse57 @ Apr 27 2009, 12:05 AM) What do you think about adding an "autorepeat" for up and down ?

Yes!
smile.gif

ginosis

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
@ Oggzee

Hi :-),

can you add a DEFRAG fonction to your loader because my games are very long to load!!!!

More games = more time to load!! :-(

EX: Button 2 to defrag hard disk WITH progress bar or % , it's just an idea

THANKS oggzee

ginosis

oggzee

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Slovenia
ginosis said:
@ Oggzee
Hi :-),
can you add a DEFRAG fonction to your loader because my games are very long to load!!!!
More games = more time to load!! :-(
EX: Button 2 to defrag hard disk WITH progress bar or % , it's just an idea
THANKS oggzee
ginosis

Not going to happen.
This sounds like a job for one of the WBFS managers... not the loader.

oggzee

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Slovenia
NEW: cfg v21:

http://sharebee.com/d859fabd

Changes:

- Fixed downloading of NTSC covers.
- Check if downloaded file is a valid PNG
- Check for a valid HTTP status of downloaded file
- New set of noimage.png for 3d and disc covers (tnx Narolez)
- Clear console on init (Narolez)
- option: home = screenshot
make a screenshot when home button is pressed (only in main and options screens)
- option: confirm_ocarina = [0], 1
- option: cursor_jump = [0] or N
Sets how much moves left/right (if 0 do a end page / next page jump)

dachiznitt

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
oggzee said:
NEW: cfg v21:

http://sharebee.com/d859fabd

Changes:

- Fixed downloading of NTSC covers.
- Check if downloaded file is a valid PNG
- Check for a valid HTTP status of downloaded file
- New set of noimage.png for 3d and disc covers (tnx Narolez)
- Clear console on init (Narolez)
- option: home = screenshot
make a screenshot when home button is pressed (only in main and options screens)
- option: confirm_ocarina = [0], 1
- option: cursor_jump = [0] or N
Sets how much moves left/right (if 0 do a end page / next page jump)

Thanks! Great work, as always.

Any possibility of adding an auto update to the loader itself? Love getting the latest version and it would be nice.

lejong2002

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
oggzee said:
lejong2002 said:
I found that we can move config.txt, background.png and cover directory.

Quick Question...
How about the disc directory, 3d directory, settings.cfg file and titles.txt file?
Can we change the locaton of those directories and files?

There is no comment abot them in README-CFG.txt file...

mellow.gif

Yes, you can change the disc and 3d directory, AFTER setting cover_style=... with covers_path=...
If you set covers_path before cover_style it will get reset. Try it out if you want, but, be carefull, if you use one directory for all different types of covers, they will get overwritten, or just mixed up. So, I strongly suggest to use a different directory for standard, 3d and disc covers.

I cannot understand this.
Could you show me sample config.txt for this function?

oggzee said:
QUOTE(lejong2002 @ Apr 26 2009, 12:18 PM)
I found that we can move config.txt, background.png and cover directory.

Quick Question...
How about the disc directory, 3d directory, settings.cfg file and titles.txt file?
Can we change the locaton of those directories and files?

There is no comment abot them in README-CFG.txt file...

mellow.gif

While the location of settings.cfg and titles.txt can't be changed at this moment. Maybe in the future, but it's not a priority for me.

I want this function.
Hope I can change the location of the seetings.cfg and titles.txt files.
Then, I'll be able to use several "Configurable USB loaders" ; in apps/usbloader1/ and in apps/usbloader2/ with different settings.
I use that way already with ultimate usb loader. ( the files work in same folder with boot.dol in ultimate usb loader )

Btw, Thanks for your good Loader...

rolleyes.gif

Cypherdias

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hell yeah, thanks oggzee for your great work. This is so good (as always)! 3D-Covers with "download all" feature, background music - fantastic.

Some small issues:
- Pressing the power button on the Wiimote while the loader searches for die USB drive (connection retry) leads to a code dump.
- In 3D cover mode, the loader still uses the 2D "noimage.png" when a cover is not available (have only Obscure 2 without a 3D cover, all others were available), even though there is a 3D noimage.png in covers/3d directory. I copied over the 3d version from "covers/3d" to "covers" directory to solve this, but it still uses a 2D cover?
wacko.gif
Some kind of integrated image? Why doesn't it use the noimage.png?

oggzee

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Slovenia
lejong2002 said:
oggzee said:
Yes, you can change the disc and 3d directory, AFTER setting cover_style=... with covers_path=...
If you set covers_path before cover_style it will get reset. Try it out if you want, but, be carefull, if you use one directory for all different types of covers, they will get overwritten, or just mixed up. So, I strongly suggest to use a different directory for standard, 3d and disc covers.
I cannot understand this.
Could you show me sample config.txt for this function?

Like this:

cover_style=3d
covers_path=sd:/images_3d

ulysse57

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
One question : I added in the image folder all images that I have (> 1800) to be sure to have them. They are in 130x224 because I am in widescreen mode.

All work fine but the scroll with up and down is quite slow. When I click down (or up) the loader wait that the cover is loaded before to do the next down (or up). I didn't notice this when I have had less images in the folder.

Do you have an idea ?

oggzee

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Slovenia
Cypherdias said:
Hell yeah, thanks oggzee for your great work. This is so good (as always)! 3D-Covers with "download all" feature, background music - fantastic.

Some small issues:
- Pressing the power button on the Wiimote while the loader searches for die USB drive (connection retry) leads to a code dump.
- In 3D cover mode, the loader still uses the 2D "noimage.png" when a cover is not available (have only Obscure 2 without a 3D cover, all others were available), even though there is a 3D noimage.png in covers/3d directory. I copied over the 3d version from "covers/3d" to "covers" directory to solve this, but it still uses a 2D cover?
wacko.gif
Some kind of integrated image? Why doesn't it use the noimage.png?

You're probably in widescreen mode?
Then noimage_wide.png is used.
Do you have that in sd:/usb-loader/covers/3d/noimage_wide.png ?

oggzee

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Slovenia
ulysse57 said:
One question : I added in the image folder all images that I have (> 1800) to be sure to have them. They are in 130x224 because I am in widescreen mode.

All work fine but the scroll with up and down is quite slow. When I click down (or up) the loader wait that the cover is loaded before to do the next down (or up). I didn't notice this when I have had less images in the folder.

Do you have an idea ?

It seems the fat code is slow when searching for a file in a directory with so many files...
Yes, covers are re-loaded every time you change game.
Maybe I will keep them in memory for faster access...

ulysse57

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
oggzee said:
It seems the fat code is slow when searching for a file in a directory with so many files...
Yes, covers are re-loaded every time you change game.
Maybe I will keep them in memory for faster access...
Ok. I used previously the USB Iso Loader and I was used to put all my covers in the image folder. I have had no problems like this because the USB Iso Loader seems not to wait the end of loading to be able to compute the next input. Do they use threading ? So perhaps with this one I will put only the covers I use. Until perhaps a new release ?

Cypherdias

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No, I've a 4:3 TV and the Wii is definitely in 4:3 mode (and the loader is not configured to use widescreen mode as well). noimage_wide.png is in covers/3d and in covers directory, but the loader doesn't use it at all (same with noimage.png as said above, already tried both).

[Edit]
Okay, found out the problem here. There is a file called ROBP.png (ROBP is Obscure 2's ID) in the covers/3d directory, it just doesn't contain the real cover, but a 2D "no cover" image.
wacko.gif
Does the loader create such images automatically if no cover is found on the repository (using "download missing covers" feature), or does the image repository return these "no image" covers? Don't no, but it should be changed to the 3D version at least, if possible.

For now I just deleted the "wrong" Obscure2 cover image, but using "download missing covers" again will surely bring it back...

oggzee

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Slovenia
Cypherdias said:
Okay, found out the problem here. There is a file called ROBP.png (ROBP is Obscure 2's ID) in the covers/3d directory, it just doesn't contain the real cover, but a 2D "no cover" image.
wacko.gif
Does the loader create such images automatically if no cover is found on the repository (using "download missing covers" feature), or does the image repository return these "no image" covers? Don't no, but it should be changed to the 3D version at least, if possible.

For now I just deleted the "wrong" Obscure2 cover image, but using "download missing covers" again will surely bring it back...

Thanks for clearing that issue
smile.gif

No, the loader does not create noimage covers per game.
And Yes it seems the covers site creates them on the fly
frown.gif

You can see here for example:
http://www.theotherzone.com/wii/3d/160/225/XXXXXX.png

I wish it would just return a 404 no file found, it would be handled better.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: also, today is the 25th anniversary of the 1st episode of spongebob