Hacking Configurable USB Loader

oggzee

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Slovenia
bulletmark said:
I'm new to this wii stuff so forgive me if my terminology is incorrect but I think I have found a reproducible bug in CFG loader. Problem is it seems too simple?! Any time I start CFG loader with 2 wiimotes active then CFG loader will crash. I get a DSI exception screen with a register dump. I am using 61b8 but this problem has existed at least for the last few betas. No problems starting with one wiimote [and wiiflow has no problems with 2 wiimotes either
smile.gif
]
I am using cIOS 249 rev 20b on IOS 56. I can quote some of those crash registers if they are useful to anybody?
I have tried it briefly and for me starting with 2 wiimotes works if it's started from HBC, while if it was started from the forwarder it hanged. So I think I'm gonna blame the forwarder
wink.gif

Can you try running from HBC and let us know what happens?
Also, can you try using wiiflow's forwarder for running cfg, does that work with 2 wiimotes?

bulletmark

Trophies
XP
Country
oggzee said:
I have tried it briefly and for me starting with 2 wiimotes works if it's started from HBC, while if it was started from the forwarder it hanged. So I think I'm gonna blame the forwarder
wink.gif

Can you try running from HBC and let us know what happens?
Also, can you try using wiiflow's forwarder for running cfg, does that work with 2 wiimotes?
It also hangs when started directly from HBC, although I had one time when it worked. So I suggest you try it a few more times from HBC you will see it hang also. I have used the official channel forwarder and some other forwarder which works from priiloader, but CFG hangs when started from either of them. Wiiflow works ok whether started from the channel forwarder, HBC, or either of the 2 forwarders I have used with priiloader. So sorry, but I think it really is a bug within CFG loader. I am using v61b8, latest as of today updated directly by download.

Here is the register dump http://imgur.com/bice8.

Thanks for the quick response guys!

oggzee

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Slovenia
bulletmark said:
Here is the register dump http://imgur.com/bice8.
From which version exactly is this dump from?

edit: ah i see you said v61b8..
Hmm, I can't make any sense out of this stack dump...

addr2line.exe -i -f -e cfg61b8.elf 80b43b6c 80b31894 80b31ffc 80b2f9b4 80b33088 80b37734 80b3553c 80a99c84 80b38800
__lwp_queue_firstnodeI
/Users/davem/projects/devkitpro/libogc/libogc/lwp_queue.inl:35
__lwp_queue_get
/Users/davem/projects/devkitpro/libogc/libogc/lwp_queue.c:37
wiiuse_sendcmd
??:0
parse_event
__wiiuse_receive
/Users/davem/projects/devkitpro/libogc/wiiuse/io_wii.c:72
bte_process_input
bte.c:0
l2cap_input
hci_acldata_handler
SYS_SwitchFiber
__readbulkdataCB
/Users/davem/projects/devkitpro/libogc/lwbt/physbusif.c:89

bulletmark

Trophies
XP
Country
oggzee said:
v61b8.

I also just downloaded the v60 version from page 1 here, installed it cleanly with only my covers folder, and find that it works ok. Actually, doing that showed me something which is missing in the later beta's - I don't see that CFG boot splash screen anymore when CFG starts in v61b8 and at least a few betas before that? Is that supposed to be appearing still because it looks suspiciously related.

I should mention that I also occasionally see another issue that CFG boots and fails to see my USB disk (even though CFG is booting from that disk. I don't have an SD card installed). And it will never find the disk when this happens even after waiting for the 30 secs. I just reboot the wii and it works the next time. Wiiflow also does not seem to get this problem. Not sure if this is related.

PS Edit: Ignore the comment about about the splash screen. Just realised you have just changed the splash screen to a blue "CFG" in the new betas so that is probably not related.

oggzee

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Slovenia
bulletmark said:
oggzee said:
v61b8.

I also just downloaded the v60 version from page 1 here, installed it cleanly with only my covers folder, and find that it works ok. Actually, doing that showed me something which is missing in the later beta's - I don't see that CFG boot splash screen anymore when CFG starts in v61b8 and at least a few betas before that? Is that supposed to be appearing still because it looks suspiciously related.

I should mention that I also occasionally see another issue that CFG boots and fails to see my USB disk (even though CFG is booting from that disk. I don't have an SD card installed). And it will never find the disk when this happens even after waiting for the 30 secs. I just reboot the wii and it works the next time. Wiiflow also does not seem to get this problem. Not sure if this is related.

PS Edit: Ignore the comment about about the splash screen. Just realised you have just changed the splash screen to a blue "CFG" in the new betas so that is probably not related.
Yes the intro image has been changed.

The occasional hdd timeout is a cios usb driver issue.

Can you try this one:
http://cfg-loader.googlecode.com/files/cfg61b8-171.dol
This is same as 61b8 except it is build with devkit 17+ogc1.7.1 (instead of 22/185)
If this works correctly, then it's probably a libogc issue and you can help me identify which libogc version started causing this by testing all of these:
http://cfg-loader.googlecode.com/files/cfg61t180.dol
http://cfg-loader.googlecode.com/files/cfg61t181.dol
http://cfg-loader.googlecode.com/files/cfg61t182.dol
http://cfg-loader.googlecode.com/files/cfg61t183.dol
http://cfg-loader.googlecode.com/files/cfg61t184.dol
and letting me know which work and which don't

Also: exactly which wiiflow version are you using? (I will try to figure out what libogc is used by that version)
Can you try with some latest wiiflow beta that uses the latest libogc?

arapozo

Trophies
XP
Country
I was previously playing just normally and decided to update to the latest version, and now when I try to run a game Configurable USB Loader says "custom ios 248 could not be found".

oggzee

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Slovenia
arapozo said:
I was previously playing just normally and decided to update to the latest version, and now when I try to run a game Configurable USB Loader says "custom ios 248 could not be found".
Are you sure it's 248? Or is it 249?
Can you check what ios is set in game options?
And what ios is reported in global options?
Do you have ios 222 installed?
Were you using previously cfg-222?
I'm getting tired of always asking tons of the same questions because no-one can provide at least a few details when reporting problems...

arapozo

Trophies
XP
Country
Sorry about the lack of info.
My IOS says is IOS249 (r20)
The games have default IOS 248. I changed the game to use IOS 249 and it booted.
I do have ios 222 installed because is needed for Monster Hunter Tri.
Can't remember what I used previously.

oggzee

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Slovenia
arapozo said:
Sorry about the lack of info.
My IOS says is IOS249 (r20)
The games have default IOS 248. I changed the game to use IOS 249 and it booted.
I do have ios 222 installed because is needed for Monster Hunter Tri.
Can't remember what I used previously.
Check your config.txt and meta.xml if it has a line like ios=248 and remove it.

Coto

-
Trophies
XP
Country
Chile
Ogzee, first of all, you`re one of the most I respect. Great coding on USB CFG!

First of all I`m having SERIOUS problems trying to detect USB HDD on my wii.

I´m using

Waninkoko

cIOS249@BASE IOS57
cIOS250@BASE IOS56

Hermes:

cIOS222@BASE IOS38
cIOS223@BASE IOS 60

This issue started happening when I updated to cfg usb v60

I reinstalled all my cIOS, reformatted my HDD USB drive, and I still have those problems.

I use FAT32 on a single 100GB partition. Pheraps switching to WBFS will fix this?

Thanks.

oggzee

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Slovenia
Coto said:
I reinstalled all my cIOS, reformatted my HDD USB drive, and I still have those problems.
I use FAT32 on a single 100GB partition. Pheraps switching to WBFS will fix this?
Thanks.
What was your previous version?
Did you try both the normal .dol and the cfg-222.dol ?
Try also the latest beta (both the normal cfg v61b8 and v61b8-222)
Changing the filesystem will probably not help.

Coto

-
Trophies
XP
Country
Chile
oggzee said:
Coto said:
Thanks.
What was your previous version?
Did you try both the normal .dol and the cfg-222.dol ?
Try also the latest beta (both the normal cfg v61b8 and v61b8-222)
Changing the filesystem will probably not help.

Yes i did, but still with no success. Tried to boot from cIOS222 and cIOS249.

It´s completely weird, since some months ago I had absolutely NO PROBLEMS with detecting my HDD through USB.

And, also in MPLAYERCE homebrew USB HDD is detected nicely. So it´s probably a library issue?

Wiiflow will show the same sympthoms, also.

MasterMan

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Brazil
Firstly thanks, Oggzee.

Now and then, any version above v60 messes me up. Remote loses sync, screen sets to widescreen (my wii is 4:3 all the time).
4.1U FW softmoded cIOSx r20 base 57, 202, 222-224 hermes installed, Sansumg S2 500gb hd. apps and usb-loader folders are on USB.

On a side note, sometimes my HD goes iddle when i use nint channel or something that longs enough.
So CFG foerwarder hangs/HD doesn't detect.
There's some way i change the iddle time?

oggzee

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Slovenia
MasterMan said:
Firstly thanks, Oggzee.

Now and then, any version above v60 messes me up. Remote loses sync, screen sets to widescreen (my wii is 4:3 all the time).
4.1U FW softmoded cIOSx r20 base 57, 202, 222-224 hermes installed, Sansumg S2 500gb hd. apps and usb-loader folders are on USB.

On a side note, sometimes my HD goes iddle when i use nint channel or something that longs enough.
So CFG foerwarder hangs/HD doesn't detect.
There's some way i change the iddle time?

can you try this:
http://cfg-loader.googlecode.com/files/cfg61b8-171.dol

bd3319

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Dr. Clipper said:
bd3319 said:
Dr Clipper, I have a question for you. I would like to use your cover download in your configurator but when the full size images come in, they look like this.

But I can download them using Wii game manager and they come out fine. Both apps get the image from the same place but yours comes out black like this. Any suggestions why?
Could you let me know which site and which game ID that is so I can test for myself?

Also:
v61.2 of Configurator is out

Download here or use online update (via Actions menu)

Changes:
  • fat_split_size=0 option value added for v61b8 of Cfg
Sample cdbs have been updated (configurator.cdb only).

It is SMOE41.png. The site it is getting it from is i'm assuming wiitdb. Whatever one the configurator gets it from. It has been doing this for quite a while now. Its also not just this image, it does it to many images. its not a huge deal to me as i can use the other app or get the images directly through config loader. Just was curious if it was something on my end or in the configurator.

nickh

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi,
I've been having problems with Wiimotes dropping out when loading Cfg. With v60 all Wiimotes would drop out when starting Cfg either from the HBC or from a forwarder channel, requiring both Wiimotes to be restarted. From memory I also had to restart them when loading a game as well. v61b2 and now b8 are much better now the second Wiimote is fine and does not drop out at all. The first Wiimote still always drops when starting Cfg. Cfg is running off IOS249 r20 (on base 56 iirc). Cfg is running from SD and games from USB (FAT).
Nick

orcanaoftime

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Could someone tell me how I can block the other 3 Wii controllers from changing anything. I only want controller 1 to be able to change any options or scroll through the game list in Config USB loader.

Thanks.

Dr. Clipper

Trophies
XP
Country
bd3319 said:
It is SMOE41.png. The site it is getting it from is i'm assuming wiitdb. Whatever one the configurator gets it from. It has been doing this for quite a while now. Its also not just this image, it does it to many images. its not a huge deal to me as i can use the other app or get the images directly through config loader. Just was curious if it was something on my end or in the configurator.
Well, I can't replicate the errors. The same images work fine for me. I'll take a look at the code, though and see if there's anything there that might cause it. What OS are you using, BTW?

QUOTE(orcanaoftime @ Nov 29 2010, 02:27 AM) Could someone tell me how I can block the other 3 Wii controllers from changing anything. I only want controller 1 to be able to change any options or scroll through the game list in Config USB loader.

Thanks.
I guess we might need to add an option to disable them...

bd3319

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Dr. Clipper said:
bd3319 said:
Well, I can't replicate the errors. The same images work fine for me. I'll take a look at the code, though and see if there's anything there that might cause it. What OS are you using, BTW?

XP Pro. I wouldn't worry about it. you have other things to worry about. It is most likely on my end anyway.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: It's a kid's vitamin now!