Hacking Configurable USB Loader

mheuzen

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
burritoboy9984 said:
You can run the app from your usb drive... Just use the forwarder on page 1.

-Erik

Hi burritoboy9984.. thanks for the reply, but I am actually looking for a way to not have to have my USB device connected, so that the loader will be installed on the Wii itself.. I thought that was possible?

Greetings

wiixale

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
mheuzen said:
Hi burritoboy9984.. thanks for the reply, but I am actually looking for a way to not have to have my USB device connected, so that the loader will be installed on the Wii itself.. I thought that was possible?

Greetings

You probably wanted to avoid the usage of an SD card, right? If I'm not wrong, it's not possible.

So, considering that CFG Loader needs a device to boot, so here is an advice: don't use full channels, because they became old very quickly. Use a forwarder directed to the SD, so you can update the app without re-installing every time the channel.

burritoboy9984

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
mheuzen said:
burritoboy9984 said:
You can run the app from your usb drive... Just use the forwarder on page 1.

-Erik

Greetings

You want to use configurable usb loader without an sd card OR usb drive? Forgive my ignorance, but how exactly do you plan on loading the games?

-Erik

Arm73

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Pardon me for asking, but I've been looking all over the first couple of pages of this topic and even googled it but I couldn't find a link to a page with a nice chart showing a compatibility list of games and recommended settings for each game ( wich ios to use/ios settings and so on ) if one exist at all.
Specifically I'm having some issues with The Beatles RB. It used to be fine, but I didn't play the game in almost a year and now after I updated to the latest version of the CFG USB loader, and also updated all my cios trough Pimp my Wii, the game randomly freezes.
I choose cios 223 mload(just like a year ago ) to boot the game, otherwise the USB instruments wouldn't work, but still the game randomly freezes.
I'm wondering if there are any settings that I can play with or do I need to install some other cios to make it work properly.
Also I was looking for a decent forwader ( the most simple will do ) because the one I'm currently using makes a really loud sound when it starts.
I have a 4.2 ntsc wii with supposedly every cios up to date ( trough pimp my wii ) and my usb drive is WBFS formatted.
By the way, thanks for the continuous support and the marvelous application, it's by far my favorite on the Wii.
Thanks for the help.

bobthebigbat

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Arm73 said:
Pardon me for asking, but I've been looking all over the first couple of pages of this topic and even googled it but I couldn't find a link to a page with a nice chart showing a compatibility list of games and recommended settings for each game ( wich ios to use/ios settings and so on ) if one exist at all.
Specifically I'm having some issues with The Beatles RB. It used to be fine, but I didn't play the game in almost a year and now after I updated to the latest version of the CFG USB loader, and also updated all my cios trough Pimp my Wii, the game randomly freezes.
I choose cios 223 mload(just like a year ago ) to boot the game, otherwise the USB instruments wouldn't work, but still the game randomly freezes.
I'm wondering if there are any settings that I can play with or do I need to install some other cios to make it work properly.
Also I was looking for a decent forwader ( the most simple will do ) because the one I'm currently using makes a really loud sound when it starts.
I have a 4.2 ntsc wii with supposedly every cios up to date ( trough pimp my wii ) and my usb drive is WBFS formatted.
By the way, thanks for the continuous support and the marvelous application, it's by far my favorite on the Wii.
Thanks for the help.

I'm not sure what Pimp my Wii installed in terms of IOS, but my experience has showed that if you are using Hermes version 5 or above IOS with CFG you will get freezes.
Installed Hermes v4 with merged base 37+38 into slot 223 and you shouldn't have problems. You could also install Waninkoko's cIOS 20 with base 37 into slot 248 or 250 and set CFG to boot the game with one of those (just update CFG to latest version first).

Dr. Clipper

Trophies
XP
Country
bobthebigbat is right, but you'd be better off installing rev20 base 56 of 249 as it's got faster load times as well as supporting the USB peripheral games.

stingray1059 said:
will CFG have support for RAWKSD?
Unless somebody other than the current devs wants to add it, probably not.

devinlsu

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My SD card reader has died. I already have Homebrew Channel and CFGLoader forwarder on my Wii. What are my options to continue using my USB loader and Homebrew? Thanks a million!

malaac

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Any other improvements or fixes I should make to the config?

Code:
# USBLoader config
# lines starting with # are comments
# see README-CFG.txt for help on options

# theme
theme = GreyMatter

# gui
gui = start
gui_transition = fade
gui_style = flow
gui_rows = 2

# device
device = usb

# language related options:
# translation = XX
# db_language = XX

# this is required for asian languages:
load_unifont = 1

cover_url_full =
cover_url_full =+ http://wiitdb.com/wiitdb/artwork/coverfullhq/{CC}/{ID6}.png
cover_url_full =+ http://wiitdb.com/wiitdb/artwork/coverfull/{CC}/{ID6}.png
cover_url_full =+ http://wiitdb.com/wiitdb/artwork/coverfull/EN/{ID3}P{PUB}.png
cover_url_full =+ http://wiitdb.com/wiitdb/artwork/coverfull/FR/{ID6}.png

Dr. Clipper

Trophies
XP
Country
devinlsu said:
My SD card reader has died. I already have Homebrew Channel and CFGLoader forwarder on my Wii. What are my options to continue using my USB loader and Homebrew? Thanks a million!
Use a FAT32 partition on your hard drive to store all the same stuff that you would have stored on the SD. The HBC, Cfg, and most homebrew apps will treat the hard drive just the same as the SD card.

QUOTE(malaac @ Aug 12 2010, 02:18 PM) Any other improvements or fixes I should make to the config?
Unless you have some games which you are using with Japanese titles or something, then you should remove the load_unifont=1 line or set it to 0 instead. Loading it would simply be a waste of memory if you aren't using those characters (which is why we make it optional). Pretty much everything else (in the other 100 or so options) is up to your personal choice.

Arm73

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Dr. Clipper said:
bobthebigbat is right, but you'd be better off installing rev20 base 56 of 249 as it's got faster load times as well as supporting the USB peripheral games.

stingray1059 said:
will CFG have support for RAWKSD?
Unless somebody other than the current devs wants to add it, probably not.

Thank you very much, that did it !
I don't know, the whole Wii modding scene seems easy but still when we start talking about revXX base XX of XXX better then other XXXs it gets a little confusing.
I followed your advice, and for now everything works. Rock Band The beatles never worked better, the instruments works and no more freezing !
Thanks a lot, the help is really appreciated.

malaac

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Does configurable usb loader work with Gamecube games? Because Neogamma doesn't.. the only thing I have found to work is Gamecube Launcher.

FIX94

Former Staff
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
malaac said:
Does configurable usb loader work with Gamecube games? Because Neogamma doesn't.. the only thing I have found to work is Gamecube Launcher.
cry.gif
cry.gif
cry.gif
NO! It's impossible to load Gamecube games from a USB HDD or SD Card. You can only play gamecube from Disc (great compatility) or SD Gecko (very limited compatility) Or you can wait for DIOS MIOS.

Shekie

Trophies
XP
Country
I have a question... I want to load a few games.

Namely Mario Kart and Just Dance, but for these two games, I cannot seem to get past certain stages for either.

For Mario Kart, it freezes on the Wriststrap screen, but the images keep changing, just doesnt load past that.

For Just Dance, my tv displays a BLACK SCREEN and wiimote loses its sync.

What are the general solutions to these problems?

Dr. Clipper

Trophies
XP
Country
Shekie said:
I have a question... I want to load a few games.

Namely Mario Kart and Just Dance, but for these two games, I cannot seem to get past certain stages for either.

For Mario Kart, it freezes on the Wriststrap screen, but the images keep changing, just doesnt load past that.

For Just Dance, my tv displays a BLACK SCREEN and wiimote loses its sync.

What are the general solutions to these problems?
Try the alternate IOS and Cfg version to the one you are currently using (249 with the plain version or 222 with the -222 version). You should have IOS249 rev20 and IOS222 v4. Are these games from your Wii's region? If not, get a game from your Wii's region first and then try the others. Also, if you didn't rip these games from your own discs, then rip one of your own first and see if it works. If all else fails, your drive may be incompatible and you need to try a different one or a different format.

erolz

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
i tried the latest cfg loader v57.
at startup it says "ios249 [FRAG]" and "223-mload"
when i load a game using the 223-mload, it works! (tested with avatar, nsmb, galaxy1) but when when i choose ios249, the games wont load and cfg loader only gives me the FRAG message and hangs...
what can be wrong here and how can i fix this?
thank you (more info here)

Dr. Clipper

Trophies
XP
Country
erolz said:
i tried the latest cfg loader v57.
at startup it says "ios249 [FRAG]" and "223-mload"
when i load a game using the 223-mload, it works! (tested with avatar, nsmb, galaxy1) but when when i choose ios249, the games wont load and cfg loader only gives me the FRAG message and hangs...
what can be wrong here and how can i fix this?
thank you (more info here)
Sounds like a hard drive incompatibility issue. You could try removing ios=223-mload from your config.txt (so that it uses IOS249) and it might work, but probably won't. Otherwise, that drive is just incompatible with 249, unfortunately.

alejolink11

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey guys, I love this so much! But i was just wonderin, is there anyway to make this a channel, or do you HAVE to run it from the HBC?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: 16 is becoming bare minimum for today's gaymes +1