Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
EeZeEpEe said:
wulfie said:
wulfie said:
so since I'm running all my games as .wbfs files on an ntfs partition, what's the best way to install cios rev19? which merges are the best? I'm still running rev14 and figured it's about time to update
wink.gif

rev 19 doesn't do merges. It only has different IOS bases.

Anyway...if you don't have music games, this setup is IMO the best one.
If you do, I suggest either cIOS223 v4 (38 merge 37) or cios rev19 with a base of 37.

so if I have music games, such as guitar hero, I can just install rev19 with base of 37 and I'll be good?
Personally I use rev19 base 57 for all games except music games because of the slightly faster USB loading. It actually is noticeable if you compare a game that scrolls some sore of "Loading...". For all my music games I've stuck with hermes v4 38+37. But since I have DLC for music games I have cIOSCORP 3.6 to run backup DVDs through the disc channel.

so is it rev19 base 37 or base 57? I am in the process of getting a guitar, so I'll have music games and all my games are .wbfs files on an NTFS partition. Any concrete answers on this would be appreciated

Dr. Clipper

Trophies
XP
Country
kornychaos said:
Any way to play a sound when it's done ripping a game?
Also, is there a way to configure to turn the wiimote off while ripping? Saves battery.
If you have music configured, it will disable the music while it rips and start playing the music again when it is done. Turning the Wiimote off is a bad idea as there are so many people out there that never permanently synced their Wiimotes and it may not reconnect. If you want to save the battery power... remove the battery.
yaywii.gif

wulfie said:
so is it rev19 base 37 or base 57? I am in the process of getting a guitar, so I'll have music games and all my games are .wbfs files on an NTFS partition. Any concrete answers on this would be appreciated
One thing to note is that I think you only need 37 if you are also planning to use microphones. The guitars that connect via Wiimote work fine. If the guitars connect via USB (I don't know if they do now, I get my music games on PS3), you would also have troubles without 37, though.

QUOTE(xflak40 @ Mar 13 2010, 03:43 AM)
rev19 base 37 for peripheral support

or u can use hermes v4 [37+38]

or hermes v5 [37] -- but this may not be working that smoothly atm (or so I've read)
Yes, v4 37+38 is probably the best way to support the games, while getting the speed increases of 57 for the rest of the games as a bonus.

alaeddine

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi,
Is it possible to change the display of the moment when you click on a game? ( its quite ugly like it is, i mean the cover at the left with the infos at the right ) I mean is there an option to change it and make it like some other usbloaders as wiiflow?

dinomight

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is there a way to add individual "Virtual Entries". What i am trying to do is create an entry for each of the alternative dol files used by the metroid prime trilogy. It's very annoying to have to select the alt dol each time. It would be nice to be able to create entries in the config that point to a game/alt dol. Is there a way to do this? or is there any interest in this feature?

Biengo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
oggzee said:
harmor said:
Can you explain Alt .dol disc plus?
See here:
NeoGamma R8 RC4
As it is my first post to you, first I'd like to thank you for your great job. I don't know if CFG is the best USB loader as it is the only one I ever used, but what I'm sure is that it's doing all that I need while being easy to use.

Concerning the alt.dol disc plus, does that mean you can run Sam and Max now ? Other games for which it can be used ?

Dr. Clipper

Trophies
XP
Country
For those interested... alt .dol+ is a new thing that WiiPower just added to NeoGamma. It allows passing of arguments when starting an alt .dol. This should get quite a few IOS reload games working. So far, Sam and Max is now working, and we should now have the ability to set difficulty levels for Metroid Prime Trilogy (although this isn't confirmed yet). I've been playing around with CSI:Deadly Intent, and it definitely reacts to the parameters, so it might start working soon too, but I don't have a way to test out what parameters are needed apart from trial and error. I believe a USBGecko would make it quite easy to work out what parameters are needed, but I'm not sure.

The new parameters are set in a file type called .wdm, which I believe is of WiiPower's creation. He has some .wdm files for MPT and SaM in the NeoGamma RC4 download. To use them in Cfg, push right on the alt-dol selection in the options menu and it will take you to a menu. Select the name you want and push A or left/right to confirm.

dinomight said:
Is there a way to add individual "Virtual Entries". What i am trying to do is create an entry for each of the alternative dol files used by the metroid prime trilogy. It's very annoying to have to select the alt dol each time. It would be nice to be able to create entries in the config that point to a game/alt dol. Is there a way to do this? or is there any interest in this feature?
If you select "disc" instead of manually selecting the named alt .dol, then it will bring up a menu each time you launch the game where you can select the one you want.

Given the new alt .dol+, we will probably add another option to bring up the menu.

dlf

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
. . . . If you hit the "2" button with all the game options (IOS, cheat codes, etc) it saves that configuration and it should save the alt dol you choose. I think anyway.

Dr. Clipper

Trophies
XP
Country
dlf said:
. . . . If you hit the "2" button with all the game options (IOS, cheat codes, etc) it saves that configuration and it should save the alt dol you choose. I think anyway.
dlf, that only works if you want the same alt .dol each time. For MPT, you may want to select a different one each time you boot.

bnm81002

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Dr. Clipper said:
Personally, I'd forgo the trouble of multiple installs and uninstalls and just go with the following (unspecified IOSes don't matter):

IOS249 rev 19 base 57 (for most games)
IOS222 v5 base 38 (for installation apps)
IOS223 v4 38+37 (select in per-game options for music games)

how would I go about doing the above with the Configurator?

That's probably the best compatibility setup you can have. If you have a bit more patience to do the WAD installations of IOS249, then this might be best:
IOS249 rev 19 base 38 (for installation apps)
IOS250 rev 19 base 57 (with ios=250 in config.txt for most games)
IOS223 v4 38+37 (select in per-game options for music games)

where do I go about getting IOS250?

thanks for the help

9th_Sage

Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
Awesome. Sam and Max works quite well this way.
smile.gif
Only game I had where I could never play it from USB drive, only the disc and now it works. All of you totally rule.

Dr. Clipper

Trophies
XP
Country
bnm81002 said:
You don't do anything in the Configurator (except maybe altering settings.cfg for the music games).

QUOTEwhere do I go about getting IOS250?
Read the posts around the post you quoted to find out. I really do think it's unnecessary to do that as the increase in compatibility is minor for the amount of work it takes to have IOS250 different to IOS249.

bnm81002

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Dr. Clipper said:
bnm81002 said:
You don't do anything in the Configurator (except maybe altering settings.cfg for the music games).

that's what I was trying to explain, how do I use the Configurator to alter the settings for the music games?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/9kE3Env_2AY?si=Bs6lUZ0ZIlqmYaGT