Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The-Magician said:
Rion said:
Anyone know how to change the read retries when installing a game to the hd? My install on Deadly Creatures always stops at 80% No scratches on the DVD using Verbatim DVD-R.

You read it with your Wii ? Try your computer and make an iso with ImgBurn and then with an wbfs manager to your wii.
Unless he's installing to a WBFS partition, in which case the 'make an iso with ImgBurn' step is a complete waste of time because he can use one of the WBFS managers that supports direct DVD BACKUP->WBFS.

fig2k4

Trophies
Website
www.wiibackupmanager.co.uk
XP
Country
Skizzo said:
Unless he's installing to a WBFS partition, in which case the 'make an iso with ImgBurn' step is a complete waste of time because he can use one of the WBFS managers that supports direct DVD BACKUP->WBFS.

Or (My first shameless plug
smile.gif
) he could also use Wii Backup Manager to copy from the DVD to .wbfs..

Skizzo

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
fig2k4 said:
Skizzo said:

Or (My first shameless plug
smile.gif
) he could also use Wii Backup Manager to copy from the DVD to .wbfs..
Which, given my 'unless he's installing to a WBFS partition', would still require another step to get it there, no?
wink.gif

Anyways, I just thought of another compelling reason to switch completely to FAT32, at least for me and perhaps others and that's the fact that I have an external enclosure that supports both USB 2.0 and eSATA. So, once I dump WBFS, all disk operations can be done at the quicker SATA speed, which is supposedly ~ 3 times faster.
smile.gif

sr_corsario

Trophies
XP
Country
oggzee said:
wbfs_file 1.5
wbfs_file_1.5.zip
Included binaries for windows, linux and macosx and sources.

Code:
Changes:
--------

* Added option -t : trim extracted iso size
ÂÂ (not recommended, is there any use for that?)

Thanks.

For my its useful when prepare iso forwarders. That iso's use to have less than 10Mb and when you convert to wbfs it becomes smaller... However... my problem was when i wanted to convert again from wbfs to iso. It did a 4,5Gb iso!! Well ... obviouslly, as some have allready said, exist cISO's

Thanks again

oggzee

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Slovenia
sr_corsario said:
Thanks.
For my its useful when prepare iso forwarders. That iso's use to have less than 10Mb and when you convert to wbfs it becomes smaller... However... my problem was when i wanted to convert again from wbfs to iso. It did a 4,5Gb iso!! Well ... obviouslly, as some have allready said, exist cISO's
Thanks again
Thanks for the explanation, can you check if it work ok for you? I have tested with a few games but most isos are still above 4gb in size, because the data seems to be at such an high offset, but if you are creating the forwarders then i guess everything can be made to fit in the beginning, right?

sr_corsario

Trophies
XP
Country
oggzee said:
sr_corsario said:
Thanks.
Thanks again
Thanks for the explanation, can you check if it work ok for you? I have tested with a few games but most isos are still above 4gb in size, because the data seems to be at such an high offset, but if you are creating the forwarders then i guess everything can be made to fit in the beginning, right?

Ouuu yesss thasss working nice!

In case you want to try with a wii iso, use wiiscrubber 1.4, "shrink partition" and "shuffel partitions", with this all data will be move to the begining of iso file.

Thanks

pepxl

GFX W!Z4RD
Trophies
XP
Country
@ oggzee

any progress in added banner sound formats, GX now supports the custom opening.bnr ive done for ISO forwarders since Rev825 if their source is any help

thanks, keep up the good work

xakmad

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
oggzee said:
xakmad said:
here's a question, would switching the 2nd partition to 'logical' be a bad thing ?
i've read HBC wouldnt like it, so that might be a solution if usb-cfg doesnt mind
It should work fine. If it doesn't let me know.

good news = usb-cfg liked the logical part, bad news, so did HBC and its loaded the channel from preloader as usual, it didnt look as partition 1 to get is \apps folder.
when i put \apps (etc) to partition 2 (where the wbfs folder is) it worked fine.

guess i'll use part1 as a backup for all in part2 (except \wbfs) plus old pc-wii tools i dont need anymore (wbfs-manager, wii-scrubber, etc
wink.gif
)

thanks anyway... though must say i'm interested in a solution [how to force HBC to look at first partition for \apps] if anyone has it...
to recap, partition 1 and 2 are both primary, but only part1 is ACTIVE

BTW
- i like the idea of the gap getting smaller between covers
- i get mixed up in what the different GUI modes are -= some/most arent labeled, maybe by an option in global to show/hide the different names, or fade them out after a few seconds?
- any chance of an option to SAVE the current GUI as the default GUI?
- ALT - in global options, scroll between all the GUI options and save that as an overriding one (ie priority before the config files in theme or the boot-folder?) The'd need a row-number option for some too though...

thanks for all your brilliant work, everyone

oggzee

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Slovenia
pepxl said:
@ oggzee
any progress in added banner sound formats, GX now supports the custom opening.bnr ive done for ISO forwarders since Rev825 if their source is any help
thanks, keep up the good work
Ah, yes forgot to reply you, it works now, i mean it will in next rel.

wanders

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I have a few trifling feature requests for your consideration:

-Could the loader be made to start out sitting on whatever game one last played? I mean rather than always starting out on whatever game comes first alphabetically.

-Instead of loading cover data from the first game to the last game, could cover loading be... centered around whatever game the loader starts out on? This is hard to describe, but I mean could covers load 'symmetrically,' around the 1st one rather than loading strictly from left to right.

These would make the loader appear more professional IMO, but, like I said, they are quite unimportant in the grand scheme of things.

oggzee

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Slovenia
cfg v47b3 (beta3)

cfg47b3.dol
cfg47b3-fat.dol
(or online update)

Changes:

* Support for guitar controller in the loader (by gannon)
* More banner sound fixes (opening.bnr case)
* Changed the default value of the option: hide_hddinfo=1 But only for the -fat
variant, because checking the disc free space on fat takes a few moments.
* 4GB partition offset fixes
* Increased the updates list length to 8
* Minor coverflow fixes

gannon

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Here's a quick button map for people. All the buttons on the wiimote still work if using an extension like the classic controller or guitar.

WIIMOTE CLASSIC GC GUITAR
UP UP UP STRUM UP
RIGHT RIGHT RIGHT NONE
DOWN DOWN DOWN STRUM DOWN
LEFT LEFT LEFT NONE
- - L -
+ + R +
A A A GREEN
B B B RED
HOME HOME START ORANGE
1 Y Y YELLOW
2 X X BLUE

NReale3370

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I noticed an interesting issue today...trying both Metroid Prime Trilogy (using alt dol and such) and Mario Party 8 (don't judge it makes my girlfriend happy), I noticed a weird stickiness to the cursor movements. Moving the cursor across the screen in either game was jerky not fluid as it normally is. I'm using cIOS 222 with the default install options and have the games on an FAT32 USB flash drive that worked flawlessly as a wbfs filesystem. Metroid Prime Trilogy was installed from the retail disc using v46 of the cfg loader, Mario Party was converted from the WBFS partition using wbfs_file 1.3 I think it was. I'm going to try cIOS 223 later and see if it still behaves weirdly there, just thought I'd see if anyone else is noticing this or has a thought

mOBSCENE

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
gannon said:
Here's a quick button map for people. All the buttons on the wiimote still work if using an extension like the classic controller or guitar.
Just tested with my guitar controllers. GH3 controller works
biggrin.gif
However, GHWT controller does not seem to work yet.

I can only hope you guys will look into this
smile.gif

oggzee

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Slovenia
NReale3370, thanks for the report. What would be interesting is to compare the difference between:
ios249 wbfs -vs- ios222 wbfs -vs- ios222 fat -vs- ios223 fat
in case you have some spare time for all that testing...
wink.gif

pepxl

GFX W!Z4RD
Trophies
XP
Country
oggzee said:
cfg v47b3 (beta3)

cfg47b3.dol
cfg47b3-fat.dol
(or online update)

Changes:

* Support for guitar controller in the loader (by gannon)
* More banner sound fixes (opening.bnr case)
* Changed the default value of the option: hide_hddinfo=1 But only for the -fat
variant, because checking the disc free space on fat takes a few moments.
* 4GB partition offset fixes
* Increased the updates list length to 8
* Minor coverflow fixes

thanks for the banner update ill test it out and let you no the results

gannon

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
mOBSCENE said:
gannon said:
Just tested with my guitar controllers. GH3 controller works
biggrin.gif
However, GHWT controller does not seem to work yet.

I can only hope you guys will look into this
smile.gif

I don't have a World Tour guitar, but I'll look around to see if I can find out how it's data is formatted and try to add some support.
Edit: After looking around it may just require me to update a library then recompile. Will look into this a bit more

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Jayro @ Jayro:
    The phat model had amazingly loud speakers tho.
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Jayro, I don't see whats so special about the DS ML, its just a DS lite in a phat shell. At least the phat model had louder speakers, whereas the lite has a much better screen.
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    They probably said "Hey, why not we combine the two together and make a 'new' DS to sell".
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's a DS Lite in a slightly bigger DS Lite shell.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's not a Nintendo / iQue official product, it's a 3rd party custom.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Nothing special about it other than it's more comfortable than the Lite
    for people with beefy hands.
    +1
  • Jayro @ Jayro:
    I have yaoi anime hands, very lorge but slender.
  • Jayro @ Jayro:
    I'm Slenderman.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I have hands.
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    imagine not having hands, cringe
    +1
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    ESPECIALLY for things I do to myself :sad:.. :tpi::rofl2: Or others :shy::blush::evil:
    +1
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    @SylverReZ if you could find a v5 DS ML you would have the best of both worlds since the v5 units had the same backlight brightness levels as the DS Lite unlockable with flashme
    but that's a long shot
    i think only the red mario kart edition phat was v5
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    A woman with no arms and no legs was sitting on a beach. A man comes along and the woman says, "I've never been hugged before." So the man feels bad and hugs her. She says "Well i've also never been kissed before." So he gives her a kiss on the cheek. She says "Well I've also never been fucked before." So the man picks her up, and throws her in the ocean and says "Now you're fucked."
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    lmao
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    anyways, we need to re-normalize physical media

if i didn't want my games to be permanent, then i'd rent them
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Agreed, that why I try to buy all my games on disc, Xbox anyways. Switch games (which I pirate tbh) don't matter much, I stay offline 24/7 anyways.
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    I don't pirate them, I Use Them :mellow:. Like I do @BigOnYa 's couch :tpi::evil::rofl2:
    +1
  • cearp @ cearp:
    @BakerMan - you can still "own" digital media, arguably easier and better than physical since you can make copies and backups, as much as you like.

The issue is DRM
  • cearp @ cearp:
    You can buy drm free games / music / ebooks, and if you keep backups of your data (like documents and family photos etc), then you shouldn't lose the game. but with a disk, your toddler could put it in the toaster and there goes your $60

:rofl2:
  • cearp @ cearp:
    still, I agree physical media is nice to have. just pointing out the issue is drm
  • rqkaiju2 @ rqkaiju2:
    i like physical media because it actually feels like you own it. thats why i plan on burning music to cds
    rqkaiju2 @ rqkaiju2: i like physical media because it actually feels like you own it. thats why i plan on burning...