Hacking Configurable USB Loader

Bluee

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
TeenTin said:
How can I make game channels working on FAT32 HD ?

Thanks !

I second this question. If I were to make the switch to FAT USB game loading, I would need support for game channels that could load from those .wbfs files on the FAT partition. Like currently how Loadstructor makes game channels for games on an WBFS partition.

Dr. Clipper

Trophies
XP
Country
NReale3370 said:
I noticed an interesting issue today...trying both Metroid Prime Trilogy (using alt dol and such) and Mario Party 8 (don't judge it makes my girlfriend happy), I noticed a weird stickiness to the cursor movements. Moving the cursor across the screen in either game was jerky not fluid as it normally is. I'm using cIOS 222 with the default install options and have the games on an FAT32 USB flash drive that worked flawlessly as a wbfs filesystem. Metroid Prime Trilogy was installed from the retail disc using v46 of the cfg loader, Mario Party was converted from the WBFS partition using wbfs_file 1.3 I think it was. I'm going to try cIOS 223 later and see if it still behaves weirdly there, just thought I'd see if anyone else is noticing this or has a thought
Are you using 480p on your TV? If so, try setting "Video=Force ntsc" and "Video Patch=All" for both games on the options screen. Those games usually display in 480i by default and the change will make them display in 480p. Perhaps you're noticing the deinterlacing as jerkiness.

NReale3370

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Dr. Clipper said:
NReale3370 said:
I noticed an interesting issue today...trying both Metroid Prime Trilogy (using alt dol and such) and Mario Party 8 (don't judge it makes my girlfriend happy), I noticed a weird stickiness to the cursor movements. Moving the cursor across the screen in either game was jerky not fluid as it normally is. I'm using cIOS 222 with the default install options and have the games on an FAT32 USB flash drive that worked flawlessly as a wbfs filesystem. Metroid Prime Trilogy was installed from the retail disc using v46 of the cfg loader, Mario Party was converted from the WBFS partition using wbfs_file 1.3 I think it was. I'm going to try cIOS 223 later and see if it still behaves weirdly there, just thought I'd see if anyone else is noticing this or has a thought
Are you using 480p on your TV? If so, try setting "Video=Force ntsc" and "Video Patch=All" for both games on the options screen. Those games usually display in 480i by default and the change will make them display in 480p. Perhaps you're noticing the deinterlacing as jerkiness.

Sadly my TV doesn't do anything progressive

mgrimmenator

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is it possible or too much work to give option to play banner sound when flipping through covers instead of when cover selected. WiiFlow does this and I thought it might be cool. If too much work then I understand not to add it. Just wondering.

usptactical

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
mgrimmenator said:
Is it possible or too much work to give option to play banner sound when flipping through covers instead of when cover selected. WiiFlow does this and I thought it might be cool. If too much work then I understand not to add it. Just wondering.

That would seriously mess with any music playing, but I suppose if music was disabled it should be OK.
Thanks for the suggestion.

Deleted member 199854

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I had a quick suggestion. Is it possible to give the user the choice of whether to return to HBC or the WiiMenu? I know it would conflict with all the themes out there already made, but sometimes I want to return to the Wii Menu to boot up a disc. If not then, I understand.

Dr. Clipper

Trophies
XP
Country
ajr12388 said:
I had a quick suggestion. Is it possible to give the user the choice of whether to return to HBC or the WiiMenu? I know it would conflict with all the themes out there already made, but sometimes I want to return to the Wii Menu to boot up a disc. If not then, I understand.
If you almost always want to exit to one or the other, the "home" option already has you covered. "home=exit" goes back to HBC, "home=reboot" goes back to the menu.

raiderscrusade

Trophies
XP
Country
All of this seems as easy as dragging the ISO file onto a USB HDD and off you go
biggrin.gif

I will set this up on the weekend
smile.gif

Benjay

Hardstyle Addict
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
France
usptactical said:
mgrimmenator said:

That would seriously mess with any music playing, but I suppose if music was disabled it should be OK.
Thanks for the suggestion.

Mgrimmenator is not totally right.
Wiiflow doesn't play the banner sound for each game on the MAIN coverflow , it just plays the banner sound when a game is selected.
BUT : you can still flip through covers in this "selected view" , and then it plays banner sound for each game.
But as you said usptactical : it seriously mess with playing music.....
I personnaly don't think it would be a good idea to implement this on the main coverflow.

oggzee

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Slovenia
User423 said:
QUOTE said:
cfg v47b3 (beta3)
* 4GB partition offset fixes
When did that happen? And what happend then?
BTW. FAT Support works perfectly!
yaynds.gif
You can ignore that, it's not .wbfs file size related or disk partition related. That refers to the partition table inside a wii disc, but it's not something that is present in any existing game. That's just a specific multiboot disc that fig2k4 created. So, it's nothing that affects normal usage.

drizzt007

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Dr. Clipper said:
CapitalQ said:
Just how they seem to be attempting to make money (via advertising) off the loader--even the link to GBATemp passes through a "tinybucks.net" redirect, like many others there. I guess it's not doing anything particularly malicious, though.
The author said those links would be removed if it ever went officially live (which it hasn't or you would know about it). They're just there now to improve the Google ranking apparently.

QUOTE(drizzt007 @ Nov 11 2009, 12:20 PM) ok, I found this on the tutorial page of yours.
covers_path = sd:/usb-loader/covers
covers_path_2d = covers_path
covers_path_3d = covers_path/3d
covers_path_disc = covers_path/disc
covers_path_full = covers_path/full

I'm still not sure what to do with it , though. how do I write that properly for the config.txt?

and , for the configurator , how am I supposed to use that?
do I mount the SD card and just hit read?
You can just add those lines by text editing config.txt, choosing your own paths. To use the Configurator to do it, start it up, read your existing config.txt (from the SD card if you like), go to global options page 2, type your paths into the relevant options, then save the config.txt with "all options" over the old one.

I still couldn't get this to work. so, tell me where I'm going astray.
here's what I did ,

1. hit read existing config.txt
2.found the config.txt file in the folder( H: apps/usb-loader)
3. select config.txt and hit open
4.a pop up comes up saying "found theme.txt H:apps\usb-loader\BlueMatrix\theme.txt do you wish to load it?)

so I say yes , and then what am I supposed to do after that?

I tried hittting generate config.txt with global options , but the covers still aren't showing up.
do I need to hit the install all files button as well?

Sacohen9665

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Dr. Clipper said:
I agree with Benjay. Put it on the rear view instead, you can still switch in there so it's perfect.

I like that idea. I wanted to use the banner sounds, but I can't because I have the confirmation screen off, so when I hit A on a game it starts loading right away.

I also like it on the main GUI interface with an option to turn it on or off there if someone is using music (which I don't)

Levente

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Hungary
I noticed a little video problem on my Pal 50Hz tv. It happens after selecting a game, the screen gets shorter and a black part occurs at the down side of the tv.

Dr. Clipper

Trophies
XP
Country
drizzt007 said:
I still couldn't get this to work. so, tell me where I'm going astray.
here's what I did ,

1. hit read existing config.txt
2.found the config.txt file in the folder( H: apps/usb-loader)
3. select config.txt and hit open
4.a pop up comes up saying "found theme.txt H:apps\usb-loader\BlueMatrix\theme.txt do you wish to load it?)

so I say yes , and then what am I supposed to do after that?

I tried hittting generate config.txt with global options , but the covers still aren't showing up.
do I need to hit the install all files button as well?
After step 4, click the tab for Global Options page 2 and change the paths for the covers_path_* options to wherever you have the files stored. After that, do the generate config.txt with global options step.

Levente said:
I noticed a little video problem on my Pal 50Hz tv. It happens after selecting a game, the screen gets shorter and a black part occurs at the down side of the tv.
From the FAQ in the first post:
* Black bar at the bottom of screen in console mode with 576i video mode
You can remove it by going to your Wii settings and selecting 480i mode, if your TV supports it (it almost certainly does).

Jman69

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sadly the new beta doesn't seem to work with the guitar from Guitar Hero: World Tour, as confirmed by someone else. Happy to test a new build if you can get it to work!
smile.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    rqkaiju2 @ rqkaiju2: istg if lose another game of minesweeper