Homebrew *Concept* Wii system menu replacement

  • Thread starter Thread starter roku93
  • Start date Start date
  • Views Views 6,373
  • Replies Replies 28
From a programmers point of view, this looks a little difficult. Mostly artwork code and the media idea would be pretty big too. The games part wouldnt be hard to do

Still, very nice graphics. I would love this as a replacement (Preloader + autoboot)
 
Just want to know.. How is the artwork anymore harder than loading a cover image? Media would be from scratch a huge task but there are many players for the wii it could be based of, am I right? Of course I understand it would need a lot of work but not so impossible..
 
im probably compleltly wrong, but to get the UI working fluidly and doing that little blend thingo is something ive never seen in wii homebrew. Not really saying its HARD, but a decent amount of work required
 
How about showing the artwork.png and on top of that the "background" with gradient from grey to transparent? I'm not sure what you mean with the fluidness but isn't homebrew channel and eg. the coverflow demo pretty fluid?
 
This needs to be Preloader's GUI.

Homebrew = Homebrew Channel

Games = Wii System Menu

Media = Geexbox / MPlayer CE (Whatever its set to).

Pressing "2" would go to the bottom right hand corner to choose settings/power down/etc.
 

Site & Scene News

New Hot Discussed User Submitted