Status
Not open for further replies.

CheatFreak47

Catgirl Expert
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What i was thinking, is having SwissHax run these tools, instead of natively. Once again this is a concept, and things will change. But, why not have the ability to dowload tools you want, then use them within SwissHax, then if they have an update available...SwissHax can update them for you, and you'll have the latest Version of said tool.
Now a universal updater program, that'd be something pretty neat. A program that can fetch, unzip, and update A9LH payloads on the SD card and update various programs installed on the home menu based on a user configuration all in a single GUI, now that's something I'd like to see.

Could call it SwissUpdater.

Dr.Hacknik

Ashley | Developer | Trans
OP
Trophies
Website
dochacknik.keybase.pub
XP
Country
United States
Now a universal updater program, that'd be something pretty neat. A program that can fetch, unzip, and update A9LH payloads on the SD card and update various programs installed on the home menu based on a user configuration all in a single GUI, now that's something I'd like to see.

Could call it SwissUpdater.
Quite indeed, but SwissHax will mainly do that, plus be able to launch said Tool either within it's own Interface, or the tool entirely. But, this is a concept and things may change.

Sono

cripple piss
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hungary

Wait.

I remember something like this existing :unsure:I'm definitely sure, that there's at least one (max two, but I doubt it) of such thing existing. I think it's for updating 3dsx files from GitHub. I just can't remember the name of it. :wtf:

CheatFreak47

Catgirl Expert
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Quite indeed, but SwissHax will mainly do that, plus be able to launch said Tool either within it's own Interface, or the tool entirely. But, this is a concept and things may change.
No but seriously, an updater like that is absolutely needed in this community. Right now we have like 15 different updaters for various things. Being able to choose something you want updated, choosing where to drop what file and what it should be named, and having it save that data to a config so future updates were as easy as clicking one button would be absolutely awesome.

As of now every time I need to update my A9LH payloads for say, decrypt9 I have to set up FTPd and manually replace them with my phone or computer over the network.

This is an honest request, if only a fork of SwissHax that does this comes out of this project, I'd be entirely satisfied.

Last edited by CheatFreak47,

Dr.Hacknik

OP
Trophies
Website
dochacknik.keybase.pub
XP
Country
United States
No but seriously, an updater like that is absolutely needed in this community. Right now we have like 15 different updaters for various things. Being able to choose something you want updated, choosing where to drop what file and what it should be named, and having it save that data to a config so future updates were as easy as clicking one button would be absolutely awesome.

As of now every time I need to update my A9LH payloads for say, decrypt9 I have to set up FTPd and manually replace them with my phone or computer over the network.

This is an honest request, if only a fork of SwissHax that does this comes out of this project, I'd be entirely satisfied.
How about two different flavors of SwissHax, and all in one Updater, and an all in one Utility?

EDIT:

2X1xl5P.png

Utility

Ef1Fd3E.png

Updater

Last edited by Dr.Hacknik,
Reactions: CheatFreak47

Dr.Hacknik

OP
Trophies
Website
dochacknik.keybase.pub
XP
Country
United States
Test Release Compiled! (It's just a Hello World as of now)

EDIT:

Updated; Forgot to add Break Function when Start is pressed:

Code:
#include <string.h>
#include <3ds.h>
#include <stdio.h>

int main()
{
    gfxInitDefault();
    //gfxSet3D(true); //Uncomment if using stereoscopic 3D
    consoleInit(GFX_TOP, NULL); //Change this line to consoleInit(GFX_BOTTOM, NULL) if using the bottom screen.
// Main loop
    while (aptMainLoop())
    {
        gspWaitForVBlank();
        hidScanInput();

printf("Hello GBATemp!");
        printf("Do keep in mind that this is a Hello World Test!");

// Flush and swap frame-buffers
        gfxFlushBuffers();
        gfxSwapBuffers();

u32 kDown = hidKeysDown();
        if (kDown & KEY_START)
            break; //Break in order to return to hbmenu
}

gfxExit();
    return 0;
}

Last edited by Dr.Hacknik,
Reactions: a9lh-1user

GerbilSoft

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Why would i want to use a .gitignore file?
Generally you don't want to have .o and .d files checked into the git repository. Final executables, maybe, since that makes it somewhat easier for non-developers to test different commits.

Create a .gitignore in the root directory with the following:
Code:
*.o
*.d

then remove all *.o and *.d files, add .gitignore, and commit.

EDIT: Also, Thumbs.db should definitely be added to .gitignore and existing files removed.

Reactions: astronautlevel
Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @OctoAori20, Thank you. Hope you're in good spirits today like I am. :)