Not open for further replies.

Haloman800

a real gril
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Or you can call it SwissBit, and your domain can be SwissBit.ch :D

Joking aside, great work, this looks interesting and I will be keeping tabs on it

Reactions: Dr.Hacknik
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@MarcusD is going to start helping as much as he can. But, if anyone else is interested in helping, please feel free to contact me. This project is Open-Source, so if you don't want to constantly help that's okay, just do a commit or two (Via GitHub).

But thanks for your Concern @fafaffy :)
Also, may I suggest actually DLing things like FBI and not reinventing the wheel? :P

A

a9lh-1user

Is there a point that it only run up to 10.7?
BTW: Good luck to you and all that will help you :)

Favna

#PCMasterRace
Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
Netherlands
Okay so I'm going to be straight up and honest here.

Install CIA Files with ease
there really is no need for another cia intsaller next to FBI. You cannot convince me or a majority of people that directory installing or QR code installing isn't already "ease".

Install Custom Firmwares with ease
There really is no need for a CFW installer since mostly everyone is using Luma3DS anyway and there aren't really any noteworthy alternatives.

Easily Backup your Firmware to a .bin
As if backing up with Decrypt9/Emunand9/Hourglass9/Hardmod/Gatewait wasn't easy? Redundant feature.

Install Custom System Menu Themes
CHMM2 or Howling Theme Tool already cover this. For CFW the latter is recommended and installing the generated CIA can be done through FBI -> refer to earlier statement about CIA installation.

Change tons of System Firmware GUI Elements (Font, Color, etc)
This is extremely ambitious but also mostly redundant because a lot of colors are already covered in themes. Please check what is covered by themes before doing anything here.

basically a Glorified version of rxTools.
There is a reason RxTools died under the competition of CakesFW and now Luma3DS and that was not only because development got cut. Please don't "glorify" RxTools. RxTools is dead and should be forgotten it ever existed. Please read this: http://gbatemp.net/entry/rxtools-why-should-you-stop-using-it-and-what-can-you-do.11313/

Reactions: Crazc

fafaffy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes, i'm currently working on integrating lot's of existing tools, mainly just there code...with a redesigned interface.
I would make sure out of courtesy to get their permission and, while obvious, give credit where credit is due (e.g. On the UI say it was made by x)

Dr.Hacknik

Ashley | Developer | Trans
OP
Trophies
Website
dochacknik.keybase.pub
XP
Country
United States
Okay so I'm going to be straight up and honest here.

there really is no need for another cia intsaller next to FBI. You cannot convince me or a majority of people that directory installing or QR code installing isn't already "ease".

There really is no need for a CFW installer since mostly everyone is using Luma3DS anyway and there aren't really any noteworthy alternatives.

As if backing up with Decrypt9/Emunand9/Hourglass9/Hardmod/Gatewait wasn't easy? Redundant feature.

CHMM2 or Howling Theme Tool already cover this. For CFW the latter is recommended and installing the generated CIA can be done through FBI -> refer to earlier statement about CIA installation.

This is extremely ambitious but also mostly redundant because a lot of colors are already covered in themes. Please check what is covered by themes before doing anything here.

There is a reason RxTools died under the competition of CakesFW and now Luma3DS and that was not only because development got cut. Please don't "glorify" RxTools. RxTools is dead and should be forgotten it ever existed. Please read this: http://gbatemp.net/entry/rxtools-why-should-you-stop-using-it-and-what-can-you-do.11313/

I appreciate your Concern, but hey...didn't i say that this is a concept! Why are you coming in here and killing off my Idea, sheesh.
Maybe i'll migrate from rxTools to Luma, or something else. But, SwissHax is meant to be the 'Hub' or 'Multi-Utility' without having to use multiple different tools.
So, if you want to see this Project grow, i recommend just helping, rather than killing it off.

EDIT:

In terms of the 'Changing System Menu Colors or Fonts', i ment towards changing the Themes more easily. So, i may not have clarified that as nicely.

Last edited by Dr.Hacknik,
A

a9lh-1user

If everything will work in your "SwissHax" there is no need to install 6 or more tools!
Only one that will do it all.
But.....i'am coming from the linux world so "I like a tool that does one thing and that REALY good" :)
Anyway i like the idea behind it!

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes, i'm currently working on integrating lot's of existing tools, mainly just there code...with a redesigned interface.
I meant make it more of a download their 3dsx or similar. Reusing their code is kind of a bad idea, and would be licensing hell (FBI is MIT licensed, most others are GPL2, GPL2+, or GPL3)

Dr.Hacknik

OP
Trophies
Website
dochacknik.keybase.pub
XP
Country
United States
I meant make it more of a download their 3dsx or similar. Reusing their code is kind of a bad idea, and would be licensing hell (FBI is MIT licensed, most others are GPL2, GPL2+, or GPL3)
I see, how about having the ability to Download certain tools (That have and MIT License) then launch it directly. Most of the other tools (should) be natively in SwissHax.

Sono

cripple piss
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hungary
If everything will work in your "SwissHax" there is no need to install 6 or more tools!
Only one that will do it all.
But.....i'am coming from the linux world so "I like a tool that does one thing and that REALY good" :)
Anyway i like the idea behind it!

I'll make a bi-sided react™ion to this:

You know (ba)sh, right? It has an "unified interface", and you know how to use it.
On the other hand, you "execute actions" from bash, which can range from reversing a text through downloading a file to making a .cia out of an rsf and an elf file, and assets.

As you can see, you need both :P

ikr this was a very shitty explaination/conclusion, please don't kill me ._.

Reactions: a9lh-1user

CheatFreak47

Catgirl Expert
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The problem with a tool like this is that it's just too much in one place. People don't need one program that can do 200 different things, hate to say, and it's a bit too ambitious.

FBI is already great at what it does and receives active development, and so do all the other programs your concept mentions. I seriously doubt that once you get a large chunk of all this done that you'll migrate features that are added to the source material into SwissHax, it's too much work. Personally, If I were you, I'd look into the prospect of instead forking existing tools and making them use a uniform, themable GUI.

Or perhaps actually make a library for GUI stuff like the Wii development community had if you're talented enough, something like LibWiiGUI that other homebrew can use to do nice graphic interfaces while shortening the overhead to making more pretty looking things.

Good luck with your project either way though.

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I see, how about having the ability to Download certain tools (That have and MIT License) then launch it directly. Most of the other tools (should) be natively in SwissHax.
Well, what if a critical bugfix is pushed to one? I want this to be something easily sustainable honestly. But it's your project. (shrug)

Dr.Hacknik

OP
Trophies
Website
dochacknik.keybase.pub
XP
Country
United States
The problem with a tool like this is that it's just too much in one place. People don't need one program that can do 200 different things, hate to say, and it's a bit too ambitious.

FBI is already great at what it does and receives active development, and so do all the other programs your concept mentions. I seriously doubt that once you get a large chunk of all this done that you'll migrate features that are added to the source material into SwissHax, it's too much work. Personally, If I were you, I'd look into the prospect of instead forking existing tools and making them use a uniform, themable GUI.

Or perhaps actually make a library for GUI stuff like the Wii development community had if you're talented enough, something like LibWiiGUI that other homebrew can use to do nice graphic interfaces while shortening the overhead to making more pretty looking things.

Good luck with your project either way though.
What i was thinking, is having SwissHax run these tools, instead of natively. Once again this is a concept, and things will change. But, why not have the ability to dowload tools you want, then use them within SwissHax, then if they have an update available...SwissHax can update them for you, and you'll have the latest Version of said tool.

EDIT:

SwissHax will basically be a 'Wrapper' or interface for these tools to run in.

Last edited by Dr.Hacknik,
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What i was thinking, is having SwissHax run these tools, instead of natively. Once again this is a concept, and things will change. But, why not have the ability to dowload tools you want, then use them within SwissHax, then if they have an update available...SwissHax can update them for you, and you'll have the latest Version of said tool.
That's what I said. :P Instead of native code integration.

Reactions: Dr.Hacknik
Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Jayro @ Jayro: Thanks for that bundle, I had the games already but got all the DLC for them for just $5. What a... +1