Ashley | Developer | Trans
OP
Trophies
Website
dochacknik.keybase.pub
XP
Country
United States
Generally you don't want to have .o and .d files checked into the git repository. Final executables, maybe, since that makes it somewhat easier for non-developers to test different commits.

Create a .gitignore in the root directory with the following:
Code:
*.o
*.d

then remove all *.o and *.d files, add .gitignore, and commit.

EDIT: Also, Thumbs.db should definitely be added to .gitignore and existing files removed.
I mainly use GitHub Desktop, but i have used Git before. I really never thought of using a .gitignore; since i think about it.

EDIT:

Done; fucking happy Austronautlevel?

Last edited by Dr.Hacknik,

Dr.Hacknik

OP
Trophies
Website
dochacknik.keybase.pub
XP
Country
United States
I kek'd

Now, more bashing , but it's going to be constructive bashing. Why aren't you using submodules, like, at all? Also, stuff like FBI should have the source rather than just as compiled binaries.
The Binaries are going to executed; but of course this may change, i'm trying to decide whether or not to have them executed, or just integrate the code. But, if they're in binaries, they can be downloaded from their Repo's, then placed on the SD Card. Then, SwissHax can execute said Executable, but it can also update it to the latest release. What i was thinking is having SwissHax run the Executable within a Wrapper or it's own interface, but that may require some rewriting of the 'Tools' code.

Mrrraou

Trophies
XP
Country
France
<snip>
>lots of Coding Experience
>label1, timer1, button1
>https://github.com/zoltx23/3DNUS/blob/master/Source/3DNUS_Source/3DNUS/3dnus_load.cs#L68-L93
>https://github.com/zoltx23/3DNUS/blob/master/Source/3DNUS_Source/3DNUS/3dnus_load.cs#L35-L50
>using processes like that; so no crossplatform even with mono
>this is the only file i've read and i won't read any more
and you can't give specs if you don't know how to do stuff either, learn more of your stuff then try again
and really, yeah, no git experience: no git submodules and
Why would i want to use a .gitignore file?
I thought he was the guy behind 3dsnus?
he was, and oh god, i don't want to read that code, one tiny file was already too much to look at
<snip>
Why would i want to use a .gitignore file?
we never said that because it was your first, it was shit, however
before trying to do such horrible things and such "ambitious" things, consider about its feasibility and its problems (e.g. maintainability)
<snip>
I mainly use GitHub Desktop, but i have used Git before. I really never thought of using a .gitignore; since i think about it.

EDIT:

Done; fucking happy Austronautlevel?
see the "no git experience" point <snip>
<snip>
<snip>
I kek'd

Now, more bashing , but it's going to be constructive bashing. Why aren't you using submodules, like, at all? Also, stuff like FBI should have the source rather than just as compiled binaries.
stop saying what i say on the discord 2
The Binaries are going to executed; but of course this may change, i'm trying to decide whether or not to have them executed, or just integrate the code. But, if they're in binaries, they can be downloaded from their Repo's, then placed on the SD Card. Then, SwissHax can execute said Executable, but it can also update it to the latest release. What i was thinking is having SwissHax run the Executable within a Wrapper or it's own interface, but that may require some rewriting of the 'Tools' code.
using the code or the binaries, you still have to respect the licenses. you're actually not respecting these. and... if it's supposed to be lightweight, fast, or even maintainable, good luck. this is really going to be rxtools 2.
also, as @ihaveamac said... just use GitHub releases for releases instead of putting builds inside the repo... thanks.

Last edited by raulpica, , Reason: Removing flamey bits -rp

James310

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I seen people doing posts like this but no progress is made and I noticed it said your "first homebrew application" and asking for "developers" meaning you likely don't know how to do any of the things you listed

Reactions: Mrrraou

Dr.Hacknik

OP
Trophies
Website
dochacknik.keybase.pub
XP
Country
United States
I seen people doing posts like this but no progress is made and I noticed it said your "first homebrew application" and asking for "developers" meaning you likely don't know how to do any of the things you listed
Not entirely, i can't do this on my own. I can very well get shit done, but i surely don't want to get it done slowly. But, if that's what i have to do then so be it.
Cut me some slack will ya, i appreciate the tips. There are some valid points here, but the fact that i don't know anything or don't have any experience is bull-shit.

EDIT:

Timer1, label1....when was the last time you checked @Mrrraou, lol.

EDIT2:

Fine, i made it less 'Oh god i need help' to a more 'Wanna help, visit Github'. Not that
i was trying to beg for help...because i have 'No Experience'.

Last edited by Dr.Hacknik,
D

Deleted-379826

Id test as long as it works with 11.0 a9lh? (Asking because you straight up just said 10.7)

Mrrraou

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Not entirely, i can't do this on my own. I can very well get shit done, but i surely don't want to get it done slowly. But, if that's what i have to do then so be it.
Cut me some slack will ya, i appreciate the tips. There are some valid points here, but the fact that i don't know anything or don't have any experience is bull-shit.

EDIT:

Timer1, label1....when was the last time you checked @Mrrraou, lol.

EDIT2:

Fine, i made it less 'Oh god i need help' to a more 'Wanna help, visit Github'. Not that
i was trying to beg for help...because i have 'No Experience'.
the fact is that it can easily get bloated, and so, unmaintainable, like rxTools. the way you're thinking of doing your app isn't good at all.
i never said you didn't know anything, but you sure don't know anything about git and vcses in general
the last time i checked ? fourty minutes ago.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Once i get a working release, but yes.
having clean code is more a priority than having a quick release... which means you don't have much experience, as it was stated multiple times before.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: @_@