Sogdiana
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Uzbekistan
Hi, my last post I described a problem with services.exe, but now I have an even bigger problem...
My computer won't even go to the logon screen.:'(
Anyone know why windows might not even go to the logon screen?
Thanks.

qusai

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Because its windows?
wink.gif

Kyuzumaki

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
if the boot up screen works and it jams just as login should appear it may be your graphics drivers. They load just before the login screen appears. Also network drivers can do that but it's rare (very ocasionally wildtangent software and TCP/IP 6 can interfere)

A reboot into safe mode and driver reinstall should fix it! Reinstalling windows is just such a pain in the ass often it's easier to fix the problem!

Psyfira

Credit: 0ml. Insert tea to continue
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi, my last post I described a problem with services.exe, but now I have an even bigger problem... My computer won't even go to the logon screen.:'( Anyone know why windows might not even go to the logon screen? Thanks.
Can you get into safe mode? (press F8 when windows starts to load [more info]). If you can, can you follow the advice from the other thread from there? (virus scans, spyware removal, etc). Or try using System Restore to roll back to a time before the errors started happening (yes all you people who turn it off, system restore is actually useful sometimes)

D

Deleted User

I also made my own unattended windows installation ... so it installs all the registry tweaks 'n software I usually use. One of the things I hate about Windows is how they default to hiding extensions to files. That's just plain RETARDED. And a lot of noobs get confused and start deleting things they shouldn't delete.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    NinStar @ NinStar: CRAZY HAMBURGER