Gaming Computer Died

.Chris

Clueless
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, my old Vaio running Windows XP has died a long time ago. Anyone else had a computer that died in the past? Does anyone know how to fix this? (I know i ask too many questions...)

.Chris

Clueless
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Goten said:
Well i did a funeral last time xD

Can you be a little more specific with the Died? it can be hardware or software problems
um lets see...
my dad was trying to replace the hard drive and it didnt work. he put back the old hard drive but still didnt work
thats all i know

Psyfira

Credit: 0ml. Insert tea to continue
Trophies
XP
Country
Need more detailed information; what happens when you try to turn the computer on? Any lights, fans, beeping noises? Nothing at all? There's lots of things that can go wrong with a computer, we'll need info like that if we're going to get any closer to the reason why it's not working
smile.gif

Costello

Headmaster
Administrator
Trophies
XP
Law said:
Make sure it's plugged in to the right place? If its an IDE drive it might be in the wrong plug on the motherboard.
he said he has a Sony Vaio computer, I think that implies its a laptop.
so there should be only 1 plug available from the HDD slot, and it could be either SATA or IDE depending on the age of the computer...

myuusmeow

Trophies
Website
google.com
XP
Country
United States
Costello said:
Law said:
Make sure it's plugged in to the right place? If its an IDE drive it might be in the wrong plug on the motherboard.
he said he has a Sony Vaio computer, I think that implies its a laptop.
so there should be only 1 plug available from the HDD slot, and it could be either SATA or IDE depending on the age of the computer...
Sony_Vaio_Desktop.jpg

USER WAS BANNED FOR THIS POST

.Chris

Clueless
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Psyfira said:
Need more detailed information; what happens when you try to turn the computer on? Any lights, fans, beeping noises? Nothing at all? There's lots of things that can go wrong with a computer, we'll need info like that if we're going to get any closer to the reason why it's not working
smile.gif
when i turn on the computer i hear a fan then after a after a few seconds the computer just shuts down

steve-p

Trophies
XP
Country
that's a short-circuit.

look at the the connectors you / he touched - make sure there are no bent pins on them.
and make sure there arent any missing screws that may have dropped onto anything.

.Chris

Clueless
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
steve-p said:
that's a short-circuit.

look at the the connectors you / he touched - make sure there are no bent pins on them.
and make sure there arent any missing screws that may have dropped onto anything.
no bent pins no missing screws i havent dropped anything

juggernaut911

GBAtemp Slut!
Trophies
Website
google.com
XP
Country
United States
DaDownloadMan said:
myuusmeow said:
Sony_Vaio_Desktop.jpg

USER WAS BANNED FOR THIS POST
um what?
That was a joke. People use those to humor others. Allow me to explain:

Costello, a current administrator of this forum, stated that he believed that Sony Vaio's were laptops, not thinking that they had a desktop series. Myuusmeow posted proof that there was a desktop series of the Vaio. Making it into a joke implying that Costello would over react, myuusmeow added "USER WAS BANNED FOR THIS POST" which is a common text string that replaces a post that in turn bans a user. It was a joke. Feel free to laugh now though, explained jokes aren't that funny.
mellow.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
  • Xdqwerty
    what are you looking at?
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: although i ended up accidentally changing my nand with no way of going back bc i didn't know you...