Rngr

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hi guys,

I re-shelled my New 3DS XL and completely gutted it using iFixit's tutorial, everything went beautifully and I was very patient. Yet when I go to turn it on once finished it turns on, pops and turns off. No cable damage (except for a slight bend in the top display cable) and I reseated literally every cable throughout the unit... it still happens. Any ideas for what I should do next? I was ESD tethered the entire time as well.

Your help is much appreciated! I hope my 3DS isn't dead....

Last edited by Rngr,

Rngr

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Thanks man! It helped a bit...

So now I see my top screen however my bottom screen doesn't show anything, but the touch display is responding. My audio and 3d slider are also not working... weird. I can hear the audio and see 3D though. Glad it is almost there.

EDIT: I'm going to try reseating the top display cables to see if thats the issue with the sliders and the bottom touch screen cables once more to see if that resolves all the issues. Its super finicky with some of those connectors...

Last edited by Rngr,

Rngr

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Got it! After removing and putting numerous cables back together and really ensuring they were tight it works beautifully! I had to reseat cables over and over and eventually it worked. Crazy how it looks perfectly seated and the is have to reseat it again and it works. Persistence pays off!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Like for micro